Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 700
Join date : 2016-04-15
Age : 18
Location : Croatia

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:50 am

They couldn't bring themselves to use knives.

_________________
Falling out of airplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head
Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1864
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Okay, well that's your opinion. I'm just tired of people saying he apparently had the perfect opportunity to rape Susan yet acted like a gentleman so there's no way he could have been capable of being a rapist. Of course he wasn't going to rape a girl and risk getting himself in trouble, especially days before he went on a rampage he had been planning for so long. People really need to exercise some common sense before using that night with Susan as an example of Eric's supposed moral incapability of committing rape.

I am personally of the belief that Eric was certainly capable of rape/absolutely had the foundations to potentially become a rapist if he hadn't committed the massacre, however, his preferred and chosen method of inflicting pain on others was a homicidal rampage and not rape.

I don't know whether or not I believe that Eric could be a rapist. I do, however, completely agree that him not raping Susan was not a reflection of his moral standing. This, rather, was a reflection of his logical understanding that raping a girl just before the massacre he planned to commit may well get him in serious trouble, and that getting in serious trouble may cause his situation to be compromised in a way that would stop him from following through with said plans.

Thank you. Obviously none of us can say for sure whether or not Eric would've raped someone if he didn't commit the massacre, but the fact that there was certainly a moral vacuity within Eric is not really debatable considering his actions on 4/20.

This is very true. I cannot prove one way or another. But anyone *could* be a rapist. But not everyone could stand the moral guilt and go thru with it. I cannot say why but imho I just don't think Eric would have been able to go thru with a rape. Despite what happened on 4/20 I just don't think he could get that personal with someone. Just like how I don't think he could stab someone because it is so personal. But in the end like you sad we will never know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eli27

avatar

Posts : 770
Join date : 2015-05-15
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Okay, well that's your opinion. I'm just tired of people saying he apparently had the perfect opportunity to rape Susan yet acted like a gentleman so there's no way he could have been capable of being a rapist. Of course he wasn't going to rape a girl and risk getting himself in trouble, especially days before he went on a rampage he had been planning for so long. People really need to exercise some common sense before using that night with Susan as an example of Eric's supposed moral incapability of committing rape.

I am personally of the belief that Eric was certainly capable of rape/absolutely had the foundations to potentially become a rapist if he hadn't committed the massacre, however, his preferred and chosen method of inflicting pain on others was a homicidal rampage and not rape.

I don't know whether or not I believe that Eric could be a rapist. I do, however, completely agree that him not raping Susan was not a reflection of his moral standing. This, rather, was a reflection of his logical understanding that raping a girl just before the massacre he planned to commit may well get him in serious trouble, and that getting in serious trouble may cause his situation to be compromised in a way that would stop him from following through with said plans.

Thank you. Obviously none of us can say for sure whether or not Eric would've raped someone if he didn't commit the massacre, but the fact that there was certainly a moral vacuity within Eric is not really debatable considering his actions on 4/20.

This is very true.  I cannot prove one way or another.  But anyone *could* be a rapist.  But not everyone could stand the moral guilt and go thru with it.  I cannot say why but imho I just don't think Eric would have been able to go thru with a rape.  Despite what happened on 4/20 I just don't think he could get that personal with someone.  Just like how I don't think he could stab someone because it is so personal.  But in the end like you sad we will never know

It's difficult to tell, what with most of his writings on women being from an (in my opinion) unreliable source - his journal. But I disagree with people who say that his crime indicates potential to be a rapist. Because, as you said, rape is very up close and personal. Shooting somebody, although less so from a very close range I suppose, is something that is much easier to dissociate from. It is quick and easy. Something like rape or stabbing forces you to be close to the victim, fully acknowledge them and your actions. Really shoves what you are doing in your face, which can be much harder to deal with. If the reason behind them not going through with knifing people was that they couldn't handle it, then I highly doubt that he would be up for raping someone either. Unfortunately at present we are unable to acertain the reason behind the 'decision' not to use knives. We might never know, but I think that, if we did know the reason, it would be the best way to make a more educated guess as to Eric's potential with sex related crimes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Do these messages seem like those of someone with the 'ability' and mindset to rape someone? Maybe, maybe not - but they certainly don't stand out to me as a red flag.

_________________
I had it all and I looked at it and I said 'this is a bigger jail than I just got out of'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1864
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Okay, well that's your opinion. I'm just tired of people saying he apparently had the perfect opportunity to rape Susan yet acted like a gentleman so there's no way he could have been capable of being a rapist. Of course he wasn't going to rape a girl and risk getting himself in trouble, especially days before he went on a rampage he had been planning for so long. People really need to exercise some common sense before using that night with Susan as an example of Eric's supposed moral incapability of committing rape.

I am personally of the belief that Eric was certainly capable of rape/absolutely had the foundations to potentially become a rapist if he hadn't committed the massacre, however, his preferred and chosen method of inflicting pain on others was a homicidal rampage and not rape.

I don't know whether or not I believe that Eric could be a rapist. I do, however, completely agree that him not raping Susan was not a reflection of his moral standing. This, rather, was a reflection of his logical understanding that raping a girl just before the massacre he planned to commit may well get him in serious trouble, and that getting in serious trouble may cause his situation to be compromised in a way that would stop him from following through with said plans.

Thank you. Obviously none of us can say for sure whether or not Eric would've raped someone if he didn't commit the massacre, but the fact that there was certainly a moral vacuity within Eric is not really debatable considering his actions on 4/20.

This is very true.  I cannot prove one way or another.  But anyone *could* be a rapist.  But not everyone could stand the moral guilt and go thru with it.  I cannot say why but imho I just don't think Eric would have been able to go thru with a rape.  Despite what happened on 4/20 I just don't think he could get that personal with someone.  Just like how I don't think he could stab someone because it is so personal.  But in the end like you sad we will never know

It's difficult to tell, what with most of his writings on women being from an (in my opinion) unreliable source - his journal. But I disagree with people who say that his crime indicates potential to be a rapist. Because, as you said, rape is very up close and personal. Shooting somebody, although less so from a very close range I suppose, is something that is much easier to dissociate from. It is quick and easy. Something like rape or stabbing forces you to be close to the victim, fully acknowledge them and your actions. Really shoves what you are doing in your face, which can be much harder to deal with. If the reason behind them not going through with knifing people was that they couldn't handle it, then I highly doubt that he would be up for raping someone either. Unfortunately at present we are unable to acertain the reason behind the 'decision' not to use knives. We might never know, but I think that, if we did know the reason, it would be the best way to make a more educated guess as to Eric's potential with sex related crimes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Do these messages seem like those of someone with the 'ability' and mindset to rape someone? Maybe, maybe not - but they certainly don't stand out to me as a red flag.

ITA. One of the many reasons I think the killing stopped was because I think killing the kids at close range was too much for them. There are other reasons in my mind too but I agree with the personal aspects mentioned here for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Because, as you said, rape is very up close and personal. Shooting somebody, although less so from a very close range I suppose, is something that is much easier to dissociate from. It is quick and easy. Something like rape or stabbing forces you to be close to the victim, fully acknowledge them and your actions. Really shoves what you are doing in your face, which can be much harder to deal with. If the reason behind them not going through with knifing people was that they couldn't handle it, then I highly doubt that he would be up for raping someone either. Unfortunately at present we are unable to acertain the reason behind the 'decision' not to use knives. We might never know, but I think that, if we did know the reason, it would be the best way to make a more educated guess as to Eric's potential with sex related crimes.

I like your point [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina



Posts : 426
Join date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:01 pm

Perhaps Dylan just said it out of the blue but really had no intention to do it. Who knows.

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

avatar

Posts : 362
Join date : 2016-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:41 pm

I agree with those who have stated that they wore and carried knives to appear threatening, which would probably discourage someone from approaching them or trying to disarm them. I also think that in their planning they probably thought they would have it in them to stab people, even as a last resort. But in reality you never know how you're going to react in a lot of situations until you're actually in them. I think this is very Telling in why the outcome resulted in significantly fewer deaths than what they had planned for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

avatar

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Okay, well that's your opinion. I'm just tired of people saying he apparently had the perfect opportunity to rape Susan yet acted like a gentleman so there's no way he could have been capable of being a rapist. Of course he wasn't going to rape a girl and risk getting himself in trouble, especially days before he went on a rampage he had been planning for so long. People really need to exercise some common sense before using that night with Susan as an example of Eric's supposed moral incapability of committing rape.

I am personally of the belief that Eric was certainly capable of rape/absolutely had the foundations to potentially become a rapist if he hadn't committed the massacre, however, his preferred and chosen method of inflicting pain on others was a homicidal rampage and not rape.

I don't know whether or not I believe that Eric could be a rapist. I do, however, completely agree that him not raping Susan was not a reflection of his moral standing. This, rather, was a reflection of his logical understanding that raping a girl just before the massacre he planned to commit may well get him in serious trouble, and that getting in serious trouble may cause his situation to be compromised in a way that would stop him from following through with said plans.

Thank you. Obviously none of us can say for sure whether or not Eric would've raped someone if he didn't commit the massacre, but the fact that there was certainly a moral vacuity within Eric is not really debatable considering his actions on 4/20.




This is very true.  I cannot prove one way or another.  But anyone *could* be a rapist.  But not everyone could stand the moral guilt and go thru with it.  I cannot say why but imho I just don't think Eric would have been able to go thru with a rape.  Despite what happened on 4/20 I just don't think he could get that personal with someone.  Just like how I don't think he could stab someone because it is so personal.  But in the end like you sad we will never know



Lizpuff,
Very well said.I agree.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

avatar

Posts : 360
Join date : 2015-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:51 am

I've always assumed knifing was a bit much for the two. They had originally planned to shoot fleeing kids with some distance between them. Instead they were shooting kids up close as they hid under desks and pleaded for their lives. I just read Jeff Kass' book and he claims they demanded their victims stop screaming. He cites one student who claimed they were shooting people until they stopped screaming, as if they couldn't handle hearing it. If that's true then it points to a sort of forced dissociated state. Remember they wanted these kids to be zombies and Doom monsters. Eventually the weight of what they were doing had to have sank in, even if they never admitted it to each other out loud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I've always assumed knifing was a bit much for the two. They had originally planned to shoot fleeing kids with some distance between them. Instead they were shooting kids up close as they hid under desks and pleaded for their lives. I just read Jeff Kass' book and he claims they demanded their victims stop screaming. He cites one student who claimed they were shooting people until they stopped screaming, as if they couldn't handle hearing it. If that's true then it points to a sort of forced dissociated state. Remember they wanted these kids to be zombies and Doom monsters. Eventually the weight of what they were doing had to have sank in, even if they never admitted it to each other out loud.
perfect. Absolutely correct! And I think in a couple of threads back [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said something similar as this along those lines, about wanting the screaming to stop because it brought them back to reality that those were people begging for their life and they wouldn't deal with it, and having to shoot them quiet was the only way. Knifing would've been too personal and perhaps take longer aswell, I don't think they could handle the extra control of someone's life in their hands. Plus who knows, when they're having their way stabbing a person other kids could possibly overtake them during the process. Stabbing is usually a scenario between two people and the victim being helpless by default.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:17 am

Plus another thing, I think the disassociation between the two and the adamancy to have the kids be quiet and not screaming for their lives sort of proves that they were conscientious with what they were doing, they were not sociopathic/psychopathic killers. They were normal and were aware of others' agony and had to shut it out there and then.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles



Posts : 238
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:43 am

Cool, we've established that some people don't think Eric could've been capable of raping anyone because the act of rape would've just been too confronting and personal for Eric to apparently handle, but let's not act like Eric would've been opposed to the idea of rape purely on ethical grounds and not other reasons relating to his comfort zone, individual objectives etc. That whole "Eric was a sweet gentleman when it came girls" defense doesn't gel with his actions during the massacre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
but let's not act like Eric would've been opposed to the idea of rape purely on ethical grounds

can't say for sure. He knows wrong from right and throughout he's always tried acting right until 4/20. He was raised strictly and he may say to a girl rape is wrong cause it's the right thing to say, and then turn around and fantasise ripping her pants apart. All in all, he's a contradictory little shit and nobody can say for sure. I just think for me that that one journal entry is not enough to settle if Eric as a whole in his existing amount of lifetime could've been a rapist.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles



Posts : 238
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:14 am

Yep, no one can say for sure. He was still a murderous piece of shit, though, and that's something that can't be disputed (well, maybe the piece of shit part, knowing some of the posters in this forum (Inb4 people are butthurt that I called a kid who killed people he didn't even know in cold blood a piece of shit  Rolling Eyes).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBumpy



Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:25 am

I think the knives were mostly for show I mean they were loaded for bear just to kill a bunch of unarmed kids so I just don't think they had the grapes to get up close and personal in a hand to hand type of situation. As for rape I think Eric was smart enough to know if he did it would have ruined everything they had been planning. I also think that he was physically weak he was a small guy and may have been intimidated at the thought of trying to overpower her just to be fought off. But this is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1864
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yep, no one can say for sure. He was still a murderous piece of shit, though, and that's something that can't be disputed (well, maybe the piece of shit part, knowing some of the posters in this forum (Inb4 people are butthurt that I called a kid who killed people he didn't even know in cold blood a piece of shit  Rolling Eyes).

I don't deny he was a murderous POS

Whenever I feel sad for either of them it is just for who they were, the children that they were. Not the boys they became
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:35 am

They'd have gotten jumped had they tried to knife people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They'd have gotten jumped had they tried to knife people.
I agree. I said almost the same thing above, that if they were stabbing people and focused on that individual a group of people could jump them and take over them. Afterall stabbing takes awhile and isn't as instantaneous as a single gunshot.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonshadow

avatar

Posts : 325
Join date : 2016-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:51 pm

It is very probable that those knives were an important part of show-up and threatening appearance. Even if Dylan wrote - in that school essay the teacher found so disturbing that she would not grade it - about stabbing one victim in the stomach, in reality it would be different.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], what you say about this is very sensible! Stabbing takes a while and the aggressor has no opportunity to focus on other victims.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

avatar

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yep, no one can say for sure. He was still a murderous piece of shit, though, and that's something that can't be disputed (well, maybe the piece of shit part, knowing some of the posters in this forum (Inb4 people are butthurt that I called a kid who killed people he didn't even know in cold blood a piece of shit  Rolling Eyes).

I don't deny he was a murderous POS

Whenever I feel sad for either of them it is just for who they were,  the children that they were.  Not the boys they became



I can deny it.Not the murderous part of course.But the POS part?Absolutely.
I don't think it''s right to refer to any human being as such a thing.
All human lives have value, God created everyone and loves everyone.
I'm aware I'm probably the only person on this board who has this opinion.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:37 pm

@PaintItBlack wrote:

All human lives have value, God created everyone and loves everyone.
I'm aware I'm probably the only person on this board who has this opinion.

You're not alone in that opinion. I also see human life as being inherently valuable.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

avatar

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:54 am

lilypadlane wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

All human lives have value, God created everyone and loves everyone.
I'm aware I'm probably the only person on this board who has this opinion.

You're not alone in that opinion. I also see human life as being inherently valuable.

That's great.I'm glad that I'm not alone here.For some people E&D's lives have no meaning or value because of what they did and I can not ever agree with that.People have every right to think what they want but I can never accept that.
It seems that people seem to feel that way about any killer but I can't agree.Everyone starts out with potential and worth but they go astray and make terrible choices for many different reasons.That doesn't mean people shouldn't be harshly punished for committing crimes and some people can't control themselves and are a danger which must be contained.It's a tragedy all around when someone becomes a killer.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

avatar

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:32 am

To me,what sums it up is when Dylan's Mom said in her book when talking about the crosses and trees being destroyed that she understood the angry reactions but it was difficult for her to accept that his entire life had no value at all because of what he did.That's one of the parts of the book I truly agreed with.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It seems that people seem to feel that way about any killer but I can't agree.Everyone starts out with potential and worth but they go astray and make terrible choices for many different reasons.That doesn't mean people shouldn't be harshly punished for committing crimes and some people can't control themselves and are a danger which must be contained.It's a tragedy all around when someone becomes a killer.

I agree. Even for me at least, just for me, I do feel however that there are extreme monsters out there who deserve no mercy, forgiveness, or have their life regarded though. I think absolutely not, but that's for some people out there who I know have done the most heinous things. For me I wouldn't put this thought for everyone as a whole, I feel like there's still some division that needs to be done.

For Eric and Dylan, I think they wasted their life away, I think they slipped through the cracks, and I think they had potential to be helped.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles



Posts : 238
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yep, no one can say for sure. He was still a murderous piece of shit, though, and that's something that can't be disputed (well, maybe the piece of shit part, knowing some of the posters in this forum (Inb4 people are butthurt that I called a kid who killed people he didn't even know in cold blood a piece of shit  Rolling Eyes).

I don't deny he was a murderous POS

Whenever I feel sad for either of them it is just for who they were,  the children that they were.  Not the boys they became



I can deny it.Not the murderous part of course.But the POS part?Absolutely.
I don't think it''s right to refer to any human being as such a thing.
All human lives have value, God created everyone and loves everyone.
I'm aware I'm probably the only person on this board who has this opinion.

Mm okay, but as you're aware, not everyone believes in God. I personally would question someone or something that still has love for say, a paedophile who brutally raped and tortured children in the most horrific ways possible. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:50 am

Gotta agree with you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. As I said, I know for a fact that there are people on this earth who are straight up scum and safe to say invaluable. Yes, life is life, but what they make of their life and who they are as a person is another thing.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

avatar

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yep, no one can say for sure. He was still a murderous piece of shit, though, and that's something that can't be disputed (well, maybe the piece of shit part, knowing some of the posters in this forum (Inb4 people are butthurt that I called a kid who killed people he didn't even know in cold blood a piece of shit  Rolling Eyes).

I don't deny he was a murderous POS

Whenever I feel sad for either of them it is just for who they were,  the children that they were.  Not the boys they became



I can deny it.Not the murderous part of course.But the POS part?Absolutely.
I don't think it''s right to refer to any human being as such a thing.
All human lives have value, God created everyone and loves everyone.
I'm aware I'm probably the only person on this board who has this opinion.

Mm okay, but as you're aware, not everyone believes in God. I personally would question someone or something that still has love for say, a paedophile who brutally raped and tortured children in the most horrific ways possible. But that's just me.


Just because God still loves that doesn't mean that he doesn't hate and revile the crime.It says in the Bible that God hates all sin.It also doesn't mean that there aren't punishments from God that will come at some point too.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles



Posts : 238
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:52 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
I agree. Even for me at least, just for me, I do feel however that there are extreme monsters out there who deserve no mercy, forgiveness, or have their life regarded though. I think absolutely not, but that's for some people out there who I know have done the most heinous things. For me I wouldn't put this thought for everyone as a whole, I feel like there's still some division that needs to be done.

So you don't feel that what Eric and Dylan did was all that heinous and that Eric and Dylan deserve forgiveness for their actions? I personally am getting really sick of all the sympathy and leniency revolving around Eric and Dylan and their actions. I would expect it on tumblr, but on here? Come on..

Interesting how people on this board have stated that Adam Lanza is a monster for killing six year olds (which is true), yet what Eric and Dylan did to high school kids they didn't even know is nowhere near as bad, apparently. Tell me again, what did Steven Curnow do to warrant being shot in the neck? If he had been six, would his death evoke more sympathy for him and more feelings of disgust towards his killer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freezingmoon

avatar

Posts : 248
Join date : 2015-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yep, no one can say for sure. He was still a murderous piece of shit, though, and that's something that can't be disputed (well, maybe the piece of shit part, knowing some of the posters in this forum (Inb4 people are butthurt that I called a kid who killed people he didn't even know in cold blood a piece of shit  Rolling Eyes).

I don't deny he was a murderous POS

Whenever I feel sad for either of them it is just for who they were,  the children that they were.  Not the boys they became



I can deny it.Not the murderous part of course.But the POS part?Absolutely.
I don't think it''s right to refer to any human being as such a thing.
All human lives have value, God created everyone and loves everyone.
I'm aware I'm probably the only person on this board who has this opinion.

Mm okay, but as you're aware, not everyone believes in God. I personally would question someone or something that still has love for say, a paedophile who brutally raped and tortured children in the most horrific ways possible. But that's just me.

I don't think god loves everyone, because remember that time he got so pissed off he decided to drown every living creature on the planet, innocent or not (Noah's Ark)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

avatar

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
I agree. Even for me at least, just for me, I do feel however that there are extreme monsters out there who deserve no mercy, forgiveness, or have their life regarded though. I think absolutely not, but that's for some people out there who I know have done the most heinous things. For me I wouldn't put this thought for everyone as a whole, I feel like there's still some division that needs to be done.

So you don't feel that what Eric and Dylan did was all that heinous and that Eric and Dylan deserve forgiveness for their actions? I personally am getting really sick of all the sympathy and leniency revolving around Eric and Dylan and their actions. I would expect it on tumblr, but on here? Come on..

Interesting how people on this board have stated that Adam Lanza is a monster for killing six year olds (which is true), yet what Eric and Dylan did to high school kids they didn't even know is nowhere near as bad, apparently. Tell me again, what did Steven Curnow do to warrant being shot in the neck? If he had been six, would his death evoke more sympathy for him and more feelings of disgust towards his killer?


I never said anything about Adam Lanza. I feel sorry for him actually as well as everyone else involved in that tragedy.

I don't want to speak for ultraviolence at all but anyone has as much right to care for them and feel sympathy for them as you have the right to hate them until your dying day.
You say "Well, they will killers so they deserve my hatred and me saying anything about them I please."
You have every right to feel and think that way but just as you hate seeing any liking and sympathy for them, others don't enjoy seeing such insults and hatred towards them.
On an open discussion, it goes both ways.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Why Didn't They See Through With Knifing People?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Random social sayings.
» House of night for breakups,make ups and people falling in love (Started and closed))
» Pretty Little Liars
» Twilight Saga from A&J's P.O.V
» Wisdom Teeth

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: