Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie

Go down 
+6
InsaneIntruder
Smiggles94
D-FENS1993
QuestionMark
Kiwik
shades
10 posters
AuthorMessage
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Empty
PostSubject: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 1:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Has anyone heard of this case? It's personally one of my favourite ones. I thought it was a really unique case from the way the shooting is executed - it's quite genius actually, and the relationship between John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo. He took him in, groomed him, and eventually convinced him to commit the shootings. Muhammad's life was spiralling down, he was a man who garnered alot of anger with himself and his circumstances, which then spread to hating people and the society. As for Malvo, I feel quite sad for him, he was an abandoned young teen who needed shelter and an adult-figure in his life and he only had Muhammad then for that.

Just a recap and summary, the D.C. sniper attacks of 2002, shooting spree in the Washington, D.C. area that killed 10 people and injured 3 over a three-week period in October 2002. The shooters, John Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo, chose targets seemingly at random.

The rampage was perpetrated by John Allen Muhammad (then aged 42) and Lee Boyd Malvo (then 17), driving a blue 1990 Chevrolet Caprice sedan. Their crime spree began in February 2002 with murders and robberies in the states of Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, and Washington, which resulted in seven deaths and seven injuries, bringing the ten-month shooting spree total to 17 deaths and 10 injuries. In September 2003, Muhammad was sentenced to death. One month later, Malvo was sentenced to six consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole. On November 10, 2009, Muhammad was executed by lethal injection at the Greensville Correctional Center near Jarratt, Virginia.

The attacks were carried out with a stolen Bushmaster XM-15 (AR-15 style) semiautomatic .223 caliber rifle equipped with an EOTech holographic weapon sight which is effective at ranges of up to 550 yards found in the vehicle.[28] The trunk of the Chevrolet Caprice was modified to serve as a "rolling sniper's nest". The back seat was modified to allow a person access to the trunk. Once inside, the sniper could lie prone with shots taken from a small hole near the license plate created for that purpose.

Investigators and the prosecution suggested during pre-trial motions that Muhammad intended to kill his second ex-wife Mildred, who had estranged him from his children. According to this theory, the other shootings were intended to cover up the motive for the crime, since Muhammad believed that the police would not focus on an estranged ex-husband as a suspect if she looked like a random victim of a serial killer. Muhammad frequented the neighborhood where she lived during the attacks, and some of the incidents occurred nearby.

As a definite suggestion, should anyone who's interested in this case like to watch a movie adaption of it, this one is PERFECT. I've watched it back in 2013 when it first came out and I'm watching it again. It's a really good re-enactment. It's called BLUE CAPRICE, and here's a free online streaming link to watch it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 73426
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 10:14 pm

I actually grew up in the dc area and my cousin was at the middle school where the one kid was shot. Its a very interesting case to me too but mainly b/c it happened in an area that I'm familiar with. Thanks for the link, I didn't know about this particular movie! (I hope that we'll get to see a well made authentic columbine movie in our lifetimes haha)
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 2:03 am

Kiwik wrote:
I actually grew up in the dc area and my cousin was at the middle school where the one kid was shot. Its a very interesting case to me too but mainly b/c it happened in an area that I'm familiar with. Thanks for the link, I didn't know about this particular movie! (I hope that we'll get to see a well made authentic columbine movie in our lifetimes haha)
Oh okay, that's pretty cool. Yeah and that one kid survived if I'm not wrong, thankfully. No problem, it's a movie worth checking out if you have time. Isaiah Washington who plays Muhammad directed and produced it. I was thinking the same thing about Columbine having a movie as good as authentic as this one but.....mehhhhhhhh (also any supposed movies already out that tries to base it on Columbine)

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 73426
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 11:57 pm

Yeah the kid that was shot at the middle school survived. My cousin knew who he was but He didn't actually Know him. He said the kid was kinda harassed by other students once he was able to go back to school. (I actually went to that same middle school several years before... Its not in a great neighborhood).
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 5:45 am

No way. They harrassed the boy after what happened to him? That's vile, whatever for?
It's not a great neigbourhood huh? Well...

shades

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 12:11 pm

Yup, exactly that. And wow, I can't even imagine going through present fear and paranoia such as that where you'd have NO idea when it might happen again and if it'll happen to you. Their execution and their technique was so unique, and in fact I was thinking to myself they could've gotten away with it much longer had they not made that one stop to rest and eventually police apprehended them in their car. Someone else who lived at that area at the time also shared a story about how people were literally running back and forth from the gas station to their car like sprinting and dropping their things just because they were so afraid they'd get shot at that moment. Things were insane!

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 3:34 am

I watched a documentary on it a few months ago, it is more of a serial murder than a mass murder.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 11:31 am

Ziamber II wrote:
I watched a documentary on it a few months ago, it is more of a serial murder than a mass murder.

I agree. Not sure why it gets lumped in with mass shootings like Columbine.

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 5:47 pm

I saw a video on it on youtube. This video exposes the fact that the shooter wasn't in a car.
It's on the internet, so you can trust it.Right?
Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993

Contribution Points : 58106
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 7:27 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

I agree. Not sure why it gets lumped in with mass shootings like Columbine.
i think the reason for that is that it was a month long killing spree where the killers used guns but yes, it isn't really similar to columbine or any other shootings besides that.
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 69924
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 11:00 am

By the same logic does this mean the zodiac was a mass murderer
Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993

Contribution Points : 58106
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 11:14 am

Smiggles94 wrote:
By the same logic does this mean the zodiac was a mass murderer
Well no obviously because he was a serial killer. He killed his victims over the span of several years. Their murders took place within 3 weeks making it a killing spree rather than serial murder
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 8:52 am

eldigato wrote:
I saw a video on it on youtube. This video exposes the fact that the shooter wasn't in a car.
It's on the internet, so you can trust it.Right?
Who took this picture of me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Whats the blue canopy for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Ziamber II wrote:

they put canopies around gas stations to make the customers feel more safe.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72184
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
It's so that people getting gas wouldn't be visible to the sniper.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91192
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Wasn't Malvo Muhammad's son?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Wasn't Malvo Muhammad's son?

No, they had a father-sonlike relationship though.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 5:41 pm

If anyone is interested, here's an informative article about Malvo's background that also includes a lot of artwork that was created by him in prison and even in the courtroom during his trial.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 6:20 pm

sscc wrote:
If anyone is interested, here's an informative article about Malvo's background that also includes a lot of artwork that was created by him in prison and even in the courtroom during his trial.

Nice find.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 3:56 am

sscc wrote:
Amazing drawings. Sad that he did this, he was a good artist.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 1:58 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
sscc wrote:

He could still draw from prison if he wanted, like John Wayne Gacy.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 2:45 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
sscc wrote:
Or he could even make a website and sell them like Wayne Lo did. Still, it's sad that he couldn't just become a famous artist or something instead of doing this.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 3:19 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
sscc wrote:
Or he could even make a website and sell them like Wayne Lo did. 

Wait, was that a thing? Can you show me?

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 5:24 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
sscc wrote:
Or he could even make a website and sell them like Wayne Lo did. 

Wait, was that a thing? Can you show me?
This seems to be the only archive of his website. According to Wikipedia and the website, it contained a shop where he sold his artwork.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 7:29 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
This seems to be the only archive of his website.

Fuckin tragic.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 7:19 am

QuestionMark wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
This seems to be the only archive of his website.

Fuckin tragic.
Also, a self portrait he drew was in a museum.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 9:00 am

STK wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:
It's so that people getting gas wouldn't be visible to the sniper.
It was scary as hell. I was really scared and didn't even wanna leave the house and my Mom's taking her good old time. She's driving all around and of course, she has to go to the gas station and buy lottery tickets.

Just like the time we were driving around these back roads in Ohio trying to get back to New Jersey. Of course, she got lost and there are all these sirens going off because there was a tornado warning and it's pouring rain and there are tree branches falling in the middle of the road. And she's just like "we're fine".

I was actually hysterical and kept thinking about that movie "Twister" and I was sure we were going to die. That time I got my way and she decided to let us fly back home instead of drive.

She acts like things like that are no big deal, but the time the furniture people delivered the wrong living room set, she called them up on the phone crying and said she couldn't sit on the couch because it was too ugly.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 9:16 am

Jenn wrote:
She acts like things like that are no big deal, but the time the furniture people delivered the wrong living room set, she called them up on the phone crying and said she couldn't sit on the couch because it was too ugly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     Sounds like her priorities are a little out of whack. scratch Possible life and death situations, "Nah we're good".  Then faced with a hideous couch and loses her shit!  Haha
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 9:55 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jenn wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     Sounds like her priorities are a little out of whack. scratch Possible life and death situations, "Nah we're good".  Then faced with a hideous couch and loses her shit!  Haha

Yea, she was at work one day and she tells me that I have to be home because the furniture people are dropping off the new living room set. They show up and they bring in the living room set and leave. It was an ugly eggplant color with these big fluffy cushions and the coffee table and end tables were made out of, I don't know, some kind of black metal and the lamps were also this black metal with dark purple lamp shades. It really was an ugly set and I was wondering why she even bought it.

She comes home and thinks it's a joke. Like I'm "pranking her" or something. She's like "Jennifer, stop playing around, where is the real living room set?". Like I just hid the other living room set in my room and put this other ugly set out there to trick her. Once she realized it wasn't a joke, she starts crying and she's calling this furniture place on the phone and she's telling them the couch is so ugly that she can't even sit on it. And my sister and I are laying on the floor in the hallway hysterically laughing at her. She told them whoever "designed those ugly ass lampshades should be fired".

Lol, they came out like 2 days later and brought the right set. That's just one of the many times she overreacted about something that wasn't really a big deal.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 10:02 am

Jenn wrote:
She comes home and thinks it's a joke. Like I'm "pranking her" or something. She's like "Jennifer, stop playing around, where is the real living room set?". Like I just hid the other living room set in my room and put this other ugly set out there to trick her. Once she realized it wasn't a joke, she starts crying and she's calling this furniture place on the phone and she's telling them the couch is so ugly that she can't even sit on it. And my sister and I are laying on the floor in the hallway hysterically laughing at her. She told them whoever "designed those ugly ass lampshades should be fired".

In her defense, I have seen some f-ugly ass lampshades in my time. LOL
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 12:01 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Also, a self portrait he drew was in a museum.

At least some of his artwork will survive him.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie   D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie
Page 1 of 1