Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

what about the staff?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: what about the staff?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
One time way back in elementary school a friend and I were caught passing notes.  The teacher had warned kids about passing notes and said she would read any she found.  She read our notes.  It was nothing embarrassing but I was mortified.

Later the same week other kids were caught but their notes were not read.  That made me very angry.  Why didn't she read those?   Why were they not shamed in front of the class?  I can get that point very easily

I absolutely Hated that kinda shit in school. How is it fair to deliver a humiliating punishment to one kid but almost dismiss it when another kid does the same kid?? I have so many humiliating stories like this and I'm sure others do but I don't wanna get too far off topic!

Also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], very well put! I think a Lot of people don't always put themselves in others' positions to try and understand where someone is coming from when they cause problems or act shitty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: what about the staff?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:12 pm

The whole point of me posting the statement of Mollie Weskler was to illustrate that according to her Peggy Dodd and two other staff members had been unfairly picking on E &D LONG before the confrontation over the printing occurred.Whatever you think of the incident over the printed pages she had apparently picked on E &D for a long while before hand ,according to Mollie Weskler's account.

And yes teachers really do bully students or stand by and allow other students to bully them while doing nothing or sitting their laughing themselves.
It does happen and I know this firsthand because it happened to me.A teacher is supposed to be a professional and an adult and not engage in such behavior.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

PostSubject: Re: what about the staff?   Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:40 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
It's one thing when a teacher reacts to a problematic kid in class and another when they obviously show favouritism and kiss asses of the popular kids, the athletes and all that. From what I understand e&d have gotten personal sarcastic pickings in front of everyone and that's almost unnecessary. If a shy student feels like it's a personal attack who wouldn't get angry? Let alone from a teacher?

You're right that some teachers single out the trouble makers more. Its kind of a "fool me once" kind of deal though. There's no denying that E/D could be rude assholes to people who didnt deserve it. Dylan called Peggy a bitch after he chose to break a rule. Sling enough bullshit around and people will start to see you in a negative manner. That's not to say that some teachers at Columbine weren't selfishly picking favorites. There's plenty of stories and anecdotes about teachers turning their heads away from bullying and abuse.

Still that doesn't mean E/D didnt earn their fair share of ire from the staff, or that staff didnt have a reason to be wary of them. Lets not forget that they did end up going on a shooting spree at that very same school lol. It really is quite sad how no one put two-and-two together. So many different staff members have come out and said they should have seen it coming. I can't imagine the level of guilt that must bring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: what about the staff?   Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
It's one thing when a teacher reacts to a problematic kid in class and another when they obviously show favouritism and kiss asses of the popular kids, the athletes and all that. From what I understand e&d have gotten personal sarcastic pickings in front of everyone and that's almost unnecessary. If a shy student feels like it's a personal attack who wouldn't get angry? Let alone from a teacher?

You're right that some teachers single out the trouble makers more. Its kind of a "fool me once" kind of deal though. There's no denying that E/D could be rude assholes to people who didnt deserve it. Dylan called Peggy a bitch after he chose to break a rule. Sling enough bullshit around and people will start to see you in a negative manner. That's not to say that some teachers at Columbine weren't selfishly picking favorites. There's plenty of stories and anecdotes about teachers turning their heads away from bullying and abuse.

Still that doesn't mean E/D didnt earn their fair share of ire from the staff, or that staff didnt have a reason to be wary of them. Lets not forget that they did end up going on a shooting spree at that very same school lol. It really is quite sad how no one put two-and-two together. So many different staff members have come out and said they should have seen it coming. I can't imagine the level of guilt that must bring.

Didn't he call her a bitch partly though because he already had a grudge against her from before for picking on him and Eric?

I think they could be jerks at times but I do think they were treated badly by a lot of people in a lot of ways at different times.
I believe that the wellspring of their bitterness had to start somewhere.And I believe that was their treatment in the general environment of the school.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: what about the staff?   Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:04 am

Dylan calling Peggy a bitch had to start from somewhere much bitter. And by that period he no longer had anymore tolerance and patience for the significance pickings he was getting. Like i said, I think he felt personally Attacked even if he wasn't acting right at first.

what about the staff?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2