Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

fuckcomments

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sabratha

Contribution Points : 41851

PostSubject: Re: fuckcomments   Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:42 pm

CALU wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Well, I think I wrote almost the whole story in my comments here, however if anyone wants to know more -feel free to ask while I'm still here.
I would be interested in knowing your opinion in the language he used on the forum and in the call at the radio station and the language he used on his YouTube comments.
On the forum his language and grammar are much more refined than in the comments, why do you think is so?

In my opinion Lanza tried very, very hard on the forums to seem both normal and to avoid getting banned or drawing undue attention to himself. Fuckcomments felt pretty much invulnerable on youtube. I do not think the lack of openly violent opinions or vulgar language on the Columbine forums disqualifies Smiggles as Fuckcomments.
Columbine forums on average seem to promote a cool, level-headed and calm approach. I myself am probably more blunt in some places around the net than here.

It has to be said that Fuckcomments was often more blunt, more vulgar and more in-your-face that Smiggles. But this was not always the case and there's posts where fuckcomments appears subdued and even expresses sympathy for people and animals in a few cases.
Overall what struck me is that posts by Fuckcomments tend to be radiclaly different than other posts by the same Fuckcomments. He does not present a coherent worldview and indeed often seems to contradict what he wrote elsewhere.

As for the grammar - I do not have an opinion. The differences in grammar are more important, but not being a native English speaker I'm probably not the best person to judge.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: fuckcomments   Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:04 pm

@Sabratha wrote:
CALU wrote:
@Sabratha wrote:
Well, I think I wrote almost the whole story in my comments here, however if anyone wants to know more -feel free to ask while I'm still here.
I would be interested in knowing your opinion in the language he used on the forum and in the call at the radio station and the language he used on his YouTube comments.
On the forum his language and grammar are much more refined than in the comments, why do you think is so?

In my opinion Lanza tried very, very hard on the forums to seem both normal and to avoid getting banned or drawing undue attention to himself. Fuckcomments felt pretty much invulnerable on youtube. I do not think the lack of openly violent opinions or vulgar language on the Columbine forums disqualifies Smiggles as Fuckcomments.
Columbine forums on average seem to promote a cool, level-headed and calm approach. I myself am probably more blunt in some places around the net than here.

It has to be said that Fuckcomments was often more blunt, more vulgar and more in-your-face that Smiggles. But this was not always the case and there's posts where fuckcomments appears subdued and even expresses sympathy for people and animals in a few cases.
Overall what struck me is that posts by Fuckcomments tend to be radiclaly different than other posts by the same Fuckcomments. He does not present a coherent worldview and indeed often seems to contradict what he wrote elsewhere.

As for the grammar - I do not have an opinion. The differences in grammar are more important, but not being a native English speaker I'm probably not the best person to judge.
If Lanza was psychotic or atleast neurotic, I wouldn't be too much surprised by Lanza's change of world view from a comment to the other.
The interesting thing is the difference in language there.
Some of the comments of fuckcomments were totally chaotic, others were more similar to the comments of Lanza on the forum.
I find this pretty interesting.
Maybe Lanza simply cared less about how well a comment on YT is written (So the name fuckcomments would make more sense) or might have posted comments and responses during mood swings.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 34000

PostSubject: Re: fuckcomments   Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Columbine forums on average seem to promote a cool, level-headed and calm approach.

I think part of it is a defense mechanism, a way to guard against the obvious crazies running around on the net.

View user profile
Sabratha

Contribution Points : 41851

PostSubject: Re: fuckcomments   Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:10 pm

CALU wrote:
Maybe Lanza simply cared less about how well a comment on YT is written (So the name fuckcomments would make more sense) or might have posted comments and responses during mood swings.

Well on the forums he knew there would be people who read multiple posts that he wrote. Also he knew that people here were aware of copycats and we had threads in the vein of: "What would you do if someone here turned out to be a shooter".

On the forums I think Lanza wanted to appear smart, controlled and in no way did he want to appear dangerous, suicidal or even angry. In some sense, I think he cared about how people think of him on the forums. He shared with the forums some of his interests and obsessions which were irrelevant to school shootings and related issues. LEGO or old videogames - In his case I think sharing these topics was a sign he truested the forum members (and possibly wanted to be trusted).

People mostly ignored or paid little attention to those sort of discussions he started. I wonder if as a whole he felt ignored at the forums.

On YT? You don't expect the same person to go all over your whole YT post history and read in sucession all your posts. You write with the idea that the same people will read only your comments under a said YT video and not those under different videos. There was no need for Lanza (or anyone else) to care about presenting a coherent worldview on YT.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fuckcomments   

Back to top Go down

fuckcomments
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting-
Jump to: