Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:52 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Anyway, who's to say that Dylan didn't have dirty, objectifying and violent thoughts too but he just never penned it down. Writing is writing, we don't know what's inside him.
Well, he liked bondage (extremely liked, apparently) and had a foot fetish. But I'm sure it was a very gentle and pure bondage and foot fetish. Eric, on the other hand, was obviously an animal.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:07 pm

Huh?! gentle bondage? Bondage is bondage, do you know how hardcore and animalistic bondage is! I don't think you can justify or weigh out various sexual pleasures. Foot fetish is mild but bondage is as rippy and intense Eric described his desires. Just because Dylan apologised for liking these things doesn't make him empathetic now, it's people like Dylan who will surprise you once he's comfortable with his sins. All the hooting and hollering he did on 4/20, imagine that in the bedroom with a willing girl.

x5000x

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
Plus I think with Sue's recent media attention and book, it really helps Dylan gain more supporters.
If either Wayne or Kathy came out of hiding, would Eric gain just as much supporters/sympathizers than Dylan?

I think it would help. I think the Harris's are probably good people, Wayne being someone who is probably quite humble and wants to deal with things privately. I kind of agree in some ways to their silence. They have had enough pain in their lives, they don't need to be on TV or being interviewed- whether they "owe" it or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
x5000x

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:42 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Dylan wasn't so impulsive as Eric was. Eric desired woman's body in feral way. When we compare his notes with Dylan's love letter it becomes obvious.
That's true, although in real life when Eric is with a girl he is frozen and chivalrous, though many have debated it's a typical act.

So because Dylan desired girls or a girl in a more...idk, poetic, dreamer romance sort of way he gets liked more? Because he's like a broken prince?

Doubt it was an act. Have you ever been a 16yr old horny male? I used to write fiction as a wolf hunting girls while I listened to Metallica- and in person shy and normal. Would I kill someone back then? Hell no. 16 yr old's say stupid shit all the time, doesn't mean they're acting when they are shy around girls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:52 pm

Doubt it was an act. Have you ever been a 16yr old horny male? I used to write fiction as a wolf hunting girls while I listened to Metallica- and in person shy and normal. Would I kill someone back then? Hell no. 16 yr old's say stupid shit all the time, doesn't mean they're acting when they are shy around girls.
those were my thoughts, but I can't deny with the shared sentiment that there's no way to tell if Eric consciously acted nice but was deviant or ready to pounce, or he genuinely was flushed face to face with girls. But honestly, he's interaction with Brandi on video is pretty telling.

Magnaphoria

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:46 pm

I used to write fiction as a wolf hunting girls while I listened to Metallica

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:15 am

You should have been listening to this instead of Metallica. Eric would have approved.

sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:28 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Huh?! gentle bondage? Bondage is bondage, do you know how hardcore and animalistic bondage is! I don't think you can justify or weigh out various sexual pleasures. Foot fetish is mild but bondage is as rippy and intense Eric described his desires. Just because Dylan apologised for liking these things doesn't make him empathetic now, it's people like Dylan who will surprise you once he's comfortable with his sins. All the hooting and hollering he did on 4/20, imagine that in the bedroom with a willing girl.

It's hard to convey meaning over text but just imagine that I added this smiley to the of my sentence: Rolling Eyes

I think both Eric and Dylan liked the idea of sexually dominating girls but that's probably not particularly rare. I think with Dylan people tend to interpret what he said more innocently and anything Eric said is likely to be interpreted in the most sinister way imaginable so I was just poking fun.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:59 am

I think both Eric and Dylan liked the idea of sexually dominating girls but that's probably not particularly rare. I think with Dylan people tend to interpret what he said more innocently and anything Eric said is likely to be interpreted in the most sinister way imaginable so I was just poking fun.
Oh okay okay, got it.

and lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Freezingmoon

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Our culture romanticizes the idea of a brooding, misunderstood, male loner who happens to be an asshole to many people, but secretly has a heart of gold.

I think Dylan fits this profile better than Eric simply because of all his talk of finding love in his journal, his little hearts, and the fact that he never actually had a girlfriend or even so much as a date (Robyn doesn't count....b/c they were simply friends and nothing more).

Eric, on the other hand, did actually have several girls he went on dates with. I know nothing lasted or became serious, but I think it's difficult for people to see Eric the same way as they see Dylan because Eric actually had several chances to make it work with a girl.  Dylan didn't have even one date.

Personally, as far as character and personality go, I feel neutral about them both. There just simply isn't enough information to make a sound decision.  Dylan didn't have a chance to have a relationship.  And Eric may have been shy and soft spoken around girls, but this does not necessarily indicate evidence of kindness. In fact he could have been a wolf in sheep's clothing.

If we are basing likability off looks and mannerisms (and ignoring the fact that they were 2 very disturbed individuals), I'd say that I lean more towards Eric. I don't feel like his height was such a huge deal (he was 5'8.5" or 5.9"and I really don't see that as being that short). I find his prompt, punctual, blunt, straight-forward personality to be more appealing than Dylan's dreamy, lackadaisical, depressive personality. In terms of looks, Eric's face is more appealing and his clothing looks clean and put together while Dylan's clothing always looks dirty, too baggy, and sloppy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Great topic to discuss. Were girls spoiled there? Keep in mind that it was happening 17-20 years ago and people may act less superficial. Are Columbine and St. Barbara College- where Elliot Rodger attended- comparable in this way?
I think teenagers in general are spoiled-rotten. I know I was. And not very many of them have relationships that last beyond college or at least it's very rare. Poor Eric and Dylan they had no idea what they've missed out.

aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:13 pm

Our culture romanticizes the idea of a brooding, misunderstood, male loner who happens to be an asshole to many people, but secretly has a heart of gold.

I think Dylan fits this profile better than Eric simply because of all his talk of finding love in his journal, his little hearts, and the fact that he never actually had a girlfriend or even so much as a date (Robyn doesn't count....b/c they were simply friends and nothing more).

Eric, on the other hand, did actually have several girls he went on dates with. I know nothing lasted or became serious, but I think it's difficult for people to see Eric the same way as they see Dylan because Eric actually had several chances to make it work with a girl.  Dylan didn't have even one date.

Personally, as far as character and personality go, I feel neutral about them both. There just simply isn't enough information to make a sound decision.  Dylan didn't have a chance to have a relationship.  And Eric may have been shy and soft spoken around girls, but this does not necessarily indicate evidence of kindness. In fact he could have been a wolf in sheep's clothing.

If we are basing likability off looks and mannerisms (and ignoring the fact that they were 2 very disturbed individuals), I'd say that I lean more towards Eric. I don't feel like his height was such a huge deal (he was 5'8.5" or 5.9"and I really don't see that as being that short). I find his prompt, punctual, blunt, straight-forward personality to be more appealing than Dylan's dreamy, lackadaisical, depressive personality. In terms of looks, Eric's face is more appealing and his clothing looks clean and put together while Dylan's clothing always looks dirty, too baggy, and sloppy.

So Dylan was too shy, too self-conscious and an impulsive daydreamer while Eric tried too hard to be a ladies man in which he failed miserably. I questioned Dylan's personal hygiene. Did he ever smell? Like I've mentioned earlier Columbine was bad place to search for nice girls.

Last edited by aquillina on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Eric, on the other hand, did actually have several girls he went on dates with. I know nothing lasted or became serious, but I think it's difficult for people to see Eric the same way as they see Dylan because Eric actually had several chances to make it work with a girl. Dylan didn't have even one date.

Personally, as far as character and personality go, I feel neutral about them both. There just simply isn't enough information to make a sound decision. Dylan didn't have a chance to have a relationship. And Eric may have been shy and soft spoken around girls, but this does not necessarily indicate evidence of kindness. In fact he could have been a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Wow.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:16 pm

So Dylan was too shy, too self-conscience and an impulsive daydreamer while Eric tried too hard to be a ladies man in which he failed miserably. I questioned Dylan's personal hygiene. Did he ever smell?
I personally feel that Eric's You Know What I Hate rant about hating people who lack personal hygiene might be a dig at him. If I had to guess what Dylan smelt like, it's probably nicotine, male-grease, slight hint of BO and cotton.

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:11 pm

Very good thoughts!

I understand that they both suffered a lot with lack of success at dating and girls in general. Sometimes I find it ironical: now that they are gone, there are so many young girls who find them cute or hot (I always notice they do not only say "attractive" or "handsome", but "hot"... projecting their inner ideals, or what?), and they even create polls on the question "whom would you prefer to have? is it rather Eric, or Dylan who is your type?"

For me, it is fun to read that you lean more towards Eric. I often think I would like to have a friend like him - exactly because of his traits you mentioned. Prompt, punctual, blunt, straight-forward. Someone who is so reliable and loyal (and so willing to contribute) that I would gladly go mountaineering or doing other, extremely demanding outdoor activities with him.

When it comes to looks and mannerisms: I see what you mean. But remember that Eric's dad was a military officer, so he would surely never tolerate untidy clothing style or too long hair from his sons. Maybe Dylan's parents were more forgiving and so he could allow himself to be more messy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:23 am

People are more sympathetic for Dylan because he left behind all these flowery ,poetic writings about longing for true love.And his writings are beautiful.To me, some have a spiritual quality.
Plus for a long time Dylan was portrayed as a follower so people figured he must have been led into this somehow.
His Mom's book really reinforces that as she makes Dylan seem like a wonderful kid who was led by evil , no good Eric into this because he was depressed and vulnerable.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:29 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
So Dylan was too shy, too self-conscience and an impulsive daydreamer while Eric tried too hard to be a ladies man in which he failed miserably. I questioned Dylan's personal hygiene. Did he ever smell?
I personally feel that Eric's You Know What I Hate rant about hating people who lack personal hygiene might be a dig at him. If I had to guess what Dylan smelt like, it's probably nicotine, male-grease, slight hint of BO and cotton.

I am not sure of this. Dylan's Mom said that she although she felt Dylan's hair looked sloppy he kept it clean.
I don't think Dylan's parents would have allowed him to go around with BO even if he wanted to.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:36 am

I am not sure of this. Dylan's Mom said that she although she felt Dylan's hair looked sloppy he kept it clean.
I don't think Dylan's parents would have allowed him to go around with BO even if he wanted to.
I was just kidding, hahah. But who knows really, he might have reeked a little? He just looks so greasy. He had to have.

Freezingmoon

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:12 am

Very good thoughts!

I understand that they both suffered a lot with lack of success at dating and girls in general. Sometimes I find it ironical: now that they are gone, there are so many young girls who find them cute or hot (I always notice they do not only say "attractive" or "handsome", but "hot"... projecting their inner ideals, or what?), and they even create polls on the question "whom would you prefer to have? is it rather Eric, or Dylan who is your type?"

For me, it is fun to read that you lean more towards Eric. I often think I would like to have a friend like him - exactly because of his traits you mentioned. Prompt, punctual, blunt, straight-forward. Someone who is so reliable and loyal (and so willing to contribute) that I would gladly go mountaineering or doing other, extremely demanding outdoor activities with him.

When it comes to looks and mannerisms: I see what you mean. But remember that Eric's dad was a military officer, so he would surely never tolerate untidy clothing style or too long hair from his sons. Maybe Dylan's parents were more forgiving and so he could allow himself to be more messy?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], yes, I agree with you about Eric being a loyal friend. If you could remove violence and homicide from Eric's personality, he could have actually been a great friend. He writes about Dylan so much more in his journal than Dylan writes about him. And when he writes about Dylan you get the feeling that he admires and looks up to Dylan.....or at least respects him a lot. When I read Dylan's journal I get the feeling that Dylan was just kind of like "meh....I guess Eric will do". I can't help but wonder.....what if Dylan had changed his mind and told Eric he didn't think NBK was a good idea? Would Eric have gone along with it? Would Eric have been pissed off? What if one of the two could have persuaded the other one to focus on doing something positive rather than murdering people?

I know this is a weird analogy, but I get the feeling that Dylan was like the queen or king ant, and Eric was like a little worker ant. Dylan sat back and dreamed about his halcyon girl and wallowed in depression while Eric got busy and did all the work and planning for NBK. Sometimes I wonder if Eric got so caught up in his obsession with violence and hurting everyone that he forgot that he was going to die that day as well. He states that he doesn't care about dying, but in another part of his journal he writes about the possibility of him and "V" escaping and moving to Mexico or some island where they can't be caught. While Eric is entertaining the possibility of a life after the massacre with Dylan, Dylan never even entertains the idea of surviving and doesn't give a crap about his or Eric's fate. Because of Eric's minute desire to live, I can't help but wonder if maybe there was hope for him....maybe he could have been talked out of it and obtained help for his violence and anger issues.

Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic. I guess it's just human nature to want to see the good in people and not accept that some people are just violent and bad. I think this is where a lot of the cognitive dissonance of fangirls comes from. Instead of seeing them as 2 violent murderers, they choose to see E&D as 2 lost souls who needed help. I don't think there's really any wrong or right way to look at things. Everything is just a matter of perception. But in the end, whether they were loyal or lost or needed help or whatever, they chose to murder people Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:22 am

If you could remove violence and homicide from Eric's personality, he could have actually been a great friend. He writes about Dylan so much more in his journal than Dylan writes about him. And when he writes about Dylan you get the feeling that he admires and looks up to Dylan.....or at least respects him a lot. When I read Dylan's journal I get the feeling that Dylan was just kind of like "meh....I guess Eric will do". I can't help but wonder.....what if Dylan had changed his mind and told Eric he didn't think NBK was a good idea? Would Eric have gone along with it? Would Eric have been pissed off? What if one of the two could have persuaded the other one to focus on doing something positive rather than murdering people?

I know this is a weird analogy, but I get the feeling that Dylan was like the queen or king ant, and Eric was like a little worker ant. Dylan sat back and dreamed about his halcyon girl and wallowed in depression while Eric got busy and did all the work and planning for NBK. Sometimes I wonder if Eric got so caught up in his obsession with violence and hurting everyone that he forgot that he was going to die that day as well. He states that he doesn't care about dying, but in another part of his journal he writes about the possibility of him and "V" escaping and moving to Mexico or some island where they can't be caught. While Eric is entertaining the possibility of a life after the massacre with Dylan, Dylan never even entertains the idea of surviving and doesn't give a crap about his or Eric's fate. Because of Eric's minute desire to live, I can't help but wonder if maybe there was hope for him....maybe he could have been talked out of it and obtained help for his violence and anger issues.

This is amazing. You are not alone with wondering that, so have I. The both of them could have been friends till adult life, check up on one another in a very honest, civil, you-my-bro sort of way you know. and I agree that Dylan seemed more meh about the both of them, which I'm wondering if it's because he came with a circle of good friends before Eric - meaning Nate, Chris, Brooks. Nate is actually much more closer to Dylan and his family than Eric was. Hence in Dyl's eyes Eric was just good enough, but for Eric Dylan was all that he had.
I think Eric might have listened to Dylan if he changed his mind about NBK. As I said previously in another thread, Eric may have gotten mad about it, but he would settle down eventually if Dylan remains by his side and tells him it's all gonna be okay. I really think he would abide to Dylan's choices.

While Eric is entertaining the possibility of a life after the massacre with Dylan, Dylan never even entertains the idea of surviving and doesn't give a crap about his or Eric's fate. Because of Eric's minute desire to live, I can't help but wonder if maybe there was hope for him....maybe he could have been talked out of it and obtained help for his violence and anger issues.
I have always thought this and it still makes me sad. I do believe Eric could have been saved. I do believe he wanted to get out alive somehow. Infact, I believe he wished some things changed for him and picked up at the last minute.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:26 am

That's why I said that low-key Dylan was selfish cause he sorta dragged Eric into his ultimate suicide-plan and the bombing/murder was Eric's desire which Dylan willingly helped his friend execute.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:29 pm

I recently started seeing E&D's planning and executing of NBK as 2 kids who were paired up to do a school project together. You always have the one kid who does pretty much all the work planning, researching and building the project, and the other kid who has good ideas to contribute but kinda slacks through the whole thing but steps up when you have to present it.

Eric had plenty of likeable traits and was such a Loyal person. It seems like if he valued you he probably would have done anything for you. I think he was someone who didnt like to let others down. This might be where some of his anger came from. I was a lot like this as a teenager, and overly loyal people can often be easily used and taken advantage of. I think that with all of the moving his family did and him always having to change schools just kinda threw him off, and he had a hard time adjusting. This could be why he had trouble making friends.

Dylan also had plenty of likeable traits. He was so laid back and seemingly easygoing. Personally I get along better with mellow people. Those that knew him claimed he was easy to approach and some even described him as a pacifist. He seemed like someone who would have been fun to hang out with.

Both of them equally had their flaws like anyone else. Their arrogance would have been a big roadblock for me haha. As a teenager I probably would have been more drawn to Dylan first, mainly because of his taste in music and laid back personality. On a superficial level, I was somewhat part of and pretty into the "skater" crowd at that age and he *kinda* looked the part at least. But in getting to know them I probably would have been better friends with Eric. I shared traits with both of them as a teenager, but Eric would have been someone I could share all my teenage hardships with (and vise versa), who would probably be more interested in going out and doing things instead of just "hangning out" somewhere. He was open and honest (not including he and Dylan hiding nbk from everyone). And again on a superficial level, if he actually had two different colored eyes I would have been drawn to him regardless haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:49 pm

I recently started seeing E&D's planning and executing of NBK as 2 kids who were paired up to do a school project together. You always have the one kid who does pretty much all the work planning, researching and building the project, and the other kid who has good ideas to contribute but kinda slacks through the whole thing but steps up when you have to present it.

Eric had plenty of likeable traits and was such a Loyal person. It seems like if he valued you he probably would have done anything for you. I think he was someone who didnt like to let others down. This might be where some of his anger came from. I was a lot like this as a teenager, and overly loyal people can often be easily used and taken advantage of. I think that with all of the moving his family did and him always having to change schools just kinda threw him off, and he had a hard time adjusting. This could be why he had trouble making friends.

Dylan also had plenty of likeable traits. He was so laid back and seemingly easygoing. Personally I get along better with mellow people. Those that knew him claimed he was easy to approach and some even described him as a pacifist. He seemed like someone who would have been fun to hang out with.

Both of them equally had their flaws like anyone else. Their arrogance would have been a big roadblock for me haha. As a teenager I probably would have been more drawn to Dylan first, mainly because of his taste in music and laid back personality. On a superficial level, I was somewhat part of and pretty into the "skater" crowd at that age and he *kinda* looked the part at least. But in getting to know them I probably would have been better friends with Eric. I shared traits with both of them as a teenager, but Eric would have been someone I could share all my teenage hardships with (and vise versa), who would probably be more interested in going out and doing things instead of just "hangning out" somewhere. He was open and honest (not including he and Dylan hiding nbk from everyone). And again on a superficial level, if he actually had two different colored eyes I would have been drawn to him regardless haha.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:53 pm

Dylan is the type of guy people are drawn to because he has his own aesthetic, he was grungy, taller, laidback, the dreamer mellow dude, so you hang out a few times, as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said, eventually when you get to know Eric, you'd appreciate him more and if you have thoughts or you like intellectual conversations you can have it with him. If you don't mind dry jokes or a few complaints here and there then Eric's the guy hahaha. But yeah, I appreciate his loyalty and dedication too and if he liked you I'll say you've found a good one.

Dylan's the guy for the lazy nights out under the stars and Eric's the guy for a mission wrecking things and going on the run.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:09 pm

Forgot to add Eric's appreciation for nature, his fascination with the night sky. Most teenagers are into materialistic superficial things and don't see that far past their own small spaces, and overlook the natural world. It's a shame neither of them could find others that appreciated or shared these things that were important to them. Could have steered them in a different direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Forgot to add Eric's appreciation for nature, his fascination with the night sky. Most teenagers are into materialistic superficial things and don't see that far past their own small spaces, and overlook the natural world. It's a shame neither of them could find others that appreciated or shared these things that were important to them. Could have steered them in a different direction.
Do you think it's a result of where they were? Conventional Littleton, in Columbine High? Say if they were in another school and they found the right group of friends, girls they could continue seeing, people thought their interests were cool. Would it have bucked things up abit? Or was it not the place but it was their minds?

aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:48 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Do you think it's a result of where they were? Conventional Littleton, in Columbine High? Say if they were in another school and they found the right group of friends, girls they could continue seeing, people thought their interests were cool. Would it have bucked things up abit? Or was it not the place but it was their minds?

I'd say it could have been a combination of both. The environment they lived in probably contributed to their mental instabilities and it only got worse. I would also believe that Eric and Dylan wasted too much time and effort pursuing the wrong kind of girls.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:06 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:

I'd say it could have been a combination of both. The environment they lived in probably contributed to their mental instabilities and it only got worse. I would also believe that Eric and Dylan wasted too much time and effort pursuing the wrong kind of girls.

I agree with this. I think a lot of things factored into this. It didn't help that they lived in a small town where the majority of the residents had a very closed minded mentality, and from what I understand were kinda pushy with religion. Plus not all teenagers are self aware or even aware of what's going on in the lives of those around them, and they shouldn't be expected to be. I think E&D would have benefited from help from adults who have been where they were, learned from their experiences and gained perspective from it. I don't think other teenagers could have helped them unless they found some very mature, wise beyond their years old soul types who "got" them haha. Its possible that if they had gone to other schools they would have found more like-minded people or been more accepted, but of those schools were in the same area it's likely they would have run tnto similar problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:11 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:

Dylan's the guy for the lazy nights out under the stars and Eric's the guy for a mission wrecking things and going on the run.

BTW both of these sound like a blast haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:26 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:

BTW both of these sound like a blast haha

Oh yeah I would so go on a date with either one of them. HeeHee

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next