Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 #298: "Reb's Tape"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Just an overall discussion of this particular tape. Paragraph taken from acolumbinesite

Tape [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So apparently the boys both went shopping and Eric was smoking a cigar. Haha, personally I'm doubtful that he was even doing it right considering how in "Radioactive Clothing", he wasn't smoking a cigarette properly. And can you imagine the both of them shopping for Dylan's pants? So here's a couple of questions.

I think it had been established somewhere that they used the school's Sony 8mm video camera for their tapes. So were they able to borrow it and take it home with them? In that case, it seemed that Eric was the one who always had it with him personally, since I haven't seen any account of Dylan making a solo tape. Secondly, when Eric was talking to the camera in his room by himself, his own words really proved that he wasn't a sociopath and wished he didn't feel remorse for what he was going to do. So why do people keep tagging him a psycho/sociopath?

"This is going to tear them apart. They will never forget it." He then addresses his parents directly, if briefly: "There is nothing you guys could have done to prevent any of this. There is nothing that anyone could have done to prevent this. No one is to blame except me and Vodka. Our actions are a two man war against everyone else."

He seemed fairly certain that by that time nobody could have done anything to stop it. Not girls, not friends.

"He then lists off 5 names" Let me understand this. 5 names of people he doesn't want to get killed or specifically want dead? And do we know who they are? He mentioned this same 5 people in another tape aswell.

And lastly I just wanna bring up this amazing monologue of foreshadowing that the boys had discussed which turned out to be morbidly true.

15 March 1999, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Dylan asks Eric if he thinks the cops will listen to the whole video. They then theorize that the video will be cut up into little pieces, and the police would only show the world what they wanted it to look like."

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?


Last edited by ultraviolencelv on Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1864
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:32 pm

To answer what little I can:
I think people still label him a socio/psycho because they don't believe this was genuine. They think he was lying. Others feel that even a psychopath can feel shallow emotions toward others so this does not mean much

He mentioned 5-100 people he didn't want to die. But never by name that is public

And it would be a bit sad/funny to see them shopping at Hot Topic Looking and trying on pants

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:35 pm

The significant number of people they mentioned twice is almost very telling that they might care who gets killed. I wish I knew these names

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1864
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Hey Reb how does my butt look in these jeans lmao

Laughing

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:42 pm

I KNOW. THEY WENT SHOPPING. Can you imagine Dylan telling Eric he needs to shop for better pants for the day and Eric's like okay dude and they went around the mall shopping drinking fruit juices. He's in the dressing room trying it out and Eric's just waiting outside.
"How's this?"
"Yeah....it's alright. Is that suede?"
"Nah dude....you think softer's better?"
"Yeah I think it'd look better if it were more distressed. Try this one."
"Aite."

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonshadow

avatar

Posts : 322
Join date : 2016-07-04

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:26 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
I KNOW. THEY WENT SHOPPING. Can you imagine Dylan telling Eric he needs to shop for better pants for the day and Eric's like okay dude and they went around the mall shopping drinking fruit juices. He's in the dressing room trying it out and Eric's just waiting outside.
"How's this?"
"Yeah....it's alright. Is that suede?"
"Nah dude....you think softer's better?"
"Yeah I think it'd look better if it were more distressed. Try this one."
"Aite."

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I know the site admins dislike one-word posts, but this is the only thing I can say:

ROTFL

Because I can imagine that. They are going to kill others and themselves, but Dylan is worrying about his outfit of the great day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina



Posts : 426
Join date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:35 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
I KNOW. THEY WENT SHOPPING. Can you imagine Dylan telling Eric he needs to shop for better pants for the day and Eric's like okay dude and they went around the mall shopping drinking fruit juices. He's in the dressing room trying it out and Eric's just waiting outside.
"How's this?"
"Yeah....it's alright. Is that suede?"
"Nah dude....you think softer's better?"
"Yeah I think it'd look better if it were more distressed. Try this one."
"Aite."

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
That's awesome! Just freaking hilarious. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doomsdaydream

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2016-07-14
Age : 19
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Is this the tape where Eric is in his car and it's raining and he's crying? Cause just imagining how that looked makes me wanna cry too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

avatar

Posts : 360
Join date : 2015-04-21

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:15 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
The significant number of people they mentioned twice is almost very telling that they might care who gets killed. I wish I knew these names

But then at the end they tell Nate and the rest of their friends that IF survive they can have their stuff. Ultimately they didnt care who lived or died.

Plus wasnt one of the "only 5 people" quotes in reference to the entire state of Colorado? It could simply be:

Wayne Harris
Kathy Harris
Kevin Harris
Dylan
Mystery person (perhaps a female)?

They could be kids from the school, but Eric was willing to kill his friends too. I doubt he cared about the rest of the student body honestly. The only people he shows sympathy for is his family and his old pals in Michigan. Of course most of Eric's writing was bullshit, so its not like we can trust it. I too would love to know who the 5 people were though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Is this the tape where Eric is in his car and it's raining and he's crying? Cause just imagining how that looked makes me wanna cry too.
Nope that's not this tape, that's another one. I can't imagine that scenario too cause, I feel bad. I think it's really endearing that he likes to talk to himself or the to the camera and unveil his inner thoughts. He's brave enough somehow to do that.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
But then at the end they tell Nate and the rest of their friends that IF survive they can have their stuff. Ultimately they didnt care who lived or died.

Plus wasnt one of the "only 5 people" quotes in reference to the entire state of Colorado? It could simply be:

Wayne Harris
Kathy Harris
Kevin Harris
Dylan
Mystery person (perhaps a female)?

They could be kids from the school, but Eric was willing to kill his friends too. I doubt he cared about the rest of the student body honestly. The only people he shows sympathy for is his family and his old pals in Michigan. Of course most of Eric's writing was bullshit, so its not like we can trust it. I too would love to know who the 5 people were though.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 5 People is in reference to the entire state of Colorado. You mean to say he wasn't really saying it in a literal sense, he meant it tongue-in-cheek way like he just said a random amount of number to infact signify a couple of people he did care about somehow? I think I get what you mean. lol I just answered myself.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

avatar

Posts : 360
Join date : 2015-04-21

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:35 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
But then at the end they tell Nate and the rest of their friends that IF survive they can have their stuff. Ultimately they didnt care who lived or died.

Plus wasnt one of the "only 5 people" quotes in reference to the entire state of Colorado? It could simply be:

Wayne Harris
Kathy Harris
Kevin Harris
Dylan
Mystery person (perhaps a female)?

They could be kids from the school, but Eric was willing to kill his friends too. I doubt he cared about the rest of the student body honestly. The only people he shows sympathy for is his family and his old pals in Michigan. Of course most of Eric's writing was bullshit, so its not like we can trust it. I too would love to know who the 5 people were though.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 5 People is in reference to the entire state of Colorado. You mean to say he wasn't really saying it in a literal sense, he meant it tongue-in-cheek way like he just said a random amount of number to infact signify a couple of people he did care about somehow? I think I get what you mean. lol I just answered myself.

If I remember correctly Eric at one point says "keep in mind there are only about 5 people in this entire state who I don't want to kill". If we're trying to interpret that in a literal sense then I think its safe to say at least 3 of those people are his family members. Like I said though Eric was writing for an audience AND he eventually makes it known that even his close friends weren't safe on the day of NBK. There's no telling who the people he claims he'd spare were, or why he'd bother to state such a thing.

I know it goes against the popular opinion here, but I'm honestly not so sure Eric would have committed a shooting if it didnt involve Columbine high school. I guess what I'm saying is we can't know for sure whether Eric really hated the world and the entire human race, or if he just hated himself and the treatment he received in school. Maybe there really was only 5-10 people Eric didnt want to kill. Its also entirely possible though that Eric said that as a way to make himself look more cold towards the rest of us.

Either way I find the the "5 people" comment laughable. It sounds like something a child would say during a tantrum lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
If I remember correctly Eric at one point says "keep in mind there are only about 5 people in this entire state who I don't want to kill". If we're trying to interpret that in a literal sense then I think its safe to say at least 3 of those people are his family members. Like I said though Eric was writing for an audience AND he eventually makes it known that even his close friends weren't safe on the day of NBK. There's no telling who the people he claims he'd spare were, or why he'd bother to state such a thing.

I know it goes against the popular opinion here, but I'm honestly not so sure Eric would have committed a shooting if it didnt involve Columbine high school. I guess what I'm saying is we can't know for sure whether Eric really hated the world and the entire human race, or if he just hated himself and the treatment he received in school. Maybe there really was only 5-10 people Eric didnt want to kill. Its also entirely possible though that Eric said that as a way to make himself look more cold towards the rest of us.

Either way I find the the "5 people" comment laughable. It sounds like something a child would say during a tantrum lol.

Hahah I get it. It's like a kid going "I hate this chocolate! I hate ALL of the flavours.......except the red ones! and blue!"

And oh okay, I get it now. Good point. If it didn't involve Columbine high he really wouldn't commit a shooting. If he specifically meant anyone it had to be family and hometown friends. Had to. Nowadays when people say they hate the world or people we know it can't be taken at face value. People = got to be significant somehow. But there must be so much hatred you just wanna put 'em all in a group cause eventually you settle that they're all the same. So I think it's important to understand what Eric means when he says things or what he's implying.

I think he just meant family and perhaps a female friend he has no hate for.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1864
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
But then at the end they tell Nate and the rest of their friends that IF survive they can have their stuff. Ultimately they didnt care who lived or died.

Plus wasnt one of the "only 5 people" quotes in reference to the entire state of Colorado? It could simply be:

Wayne Harris
Kathy Harris
Kevin Harris
Dylan
Mystery person (perhaps a female)?

They could be kids from the school, but Eric was willing to kill his friends too. I doubt he cared about the rest of the student body honestly. The only people he shows sympathy for is his family and his old pals in Michigan. Of course most of Eric's writing was bullshit, so its not like we can trust it. I too would love to know who the 5 people were though.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 5 People is in reference to the entire state of Colorado. You mean to say he wasn't really saying it in a literal sense, he meant it tongue-in-cheek way like he just said a random amount of number to infact signify a couple of people he did care about somehow? I think I get what you mean. lol I just answered myself.

If I remember correctly Eric at one point says "keep in mind there are only about 5 people in this entire state who I don't want to kill". If we're trying to interpret that in a literal sense then I think its safe to say at least 3 of those people are his family members. Like I said though Eric was writing for an audience AND he eventually makes it known that even his close friends weren't safe on the day of NBK. There's no telling who the people he claims he'd spare were, or why he'd bother to state such a thing.

I know it goes against the popular opinion here, but I'm honestly not so sure Eric would have committed a shooting if it didnt involve Columbine high school. I guess what I'm saying is we can't know for sure whether Eric really hated the world and the entire human race, or if he just hated himself and the treatment he received in school. Maybe there really was only 5-10 people Eric didnt want to kill. Its also entirely possible though that Eric said that as a way to make himself look more cold towards the rest of us.

Either way I find the the "5 people" comment laughable. It sounds like something a child would say during a tantrum lol.

I get what you are saying here. I feel the same way when people say that Eric WOULD absolutely have raped someone if he did not do the massacre (sorry to bring it up YET AGAIN)

I think had he gotten out of there and grown up he could have completely been normal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

avatar

Posts : 3230
Join date : 2013-03-22

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:20 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Just an overall discussion of this particular tape.

"He then lists off 5 names" Let me understand this. 5 names of people he doesn't want to get killed or specifically want dead? And do we know who they are?



From my notes: -- Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Two 8mm Tapes [Tape 1 is "Reb's Tape"] [Tape 2 is Radioactive Clothing] --

Eric then gets an odd look on his face and says "Fucking bitches"

He mentions five names:

"? full name" [female 4-25-81 Aurora]
"?" [Megan] [Megan Steckly Grade 9 - Jeffco not 100% sure of this Lead]
"?" [Karen] [Karen Ann Schott 10-13-80]
"?" [Tanya] [Tanya Worlock 9-29-82]
"?" [Unknown]


ultraviolencelv wrote:
He mentioned this same 5 people in another tape as well.

He does ? Do you have a source for that please ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

He does ? Do you have a source for that please ?

Correction, I meant to say he mentioned it in writing, IDK if it's the same people in mind:
from acolumbinesite "October 1998: Eric writes that someone is bound to ask, "What were they thinking?" He answered, "I want to burn the world, I want to kill everyone except about 5 people...if we get busted any time, we start killing then and there...I ain't going out without a fight."

Also, where did you get from that those names are the 5 people? Mostly random girls?

Does he want them dead or alive?

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

avatar

Posts : 3230
Join date : 2013-03-22

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:09 pm

These girls were mentioned by Eric in the Basement Tapes after saying "fucking bitches":

CN 2193 Unknown ?
CN 2209 & CN 2047 Tanya Worlock 9-29-82
CN 2251 & CN 1666 Karen Ann Schott 10-13-80
CN 2256 & CN 1039 Megan Steckly Grade 9 [Jeffco not 100% sure of this Lead]
CN 2280 & CN 1625 Female 4-25-81 Aurora - George Mumma 4-30-99

* Female from Aurora was also mentioned in his journal
* Karen Ann Schott was on Eric's Shit List & her phone # was recovered from Eric's wallet.

Eric thought these girls were "bitches"


Last edited by sororityalpha on Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
These girls were mentioned by Eric in the Basement Tapes after saying "fuckin' bitches":

CN 2193 Unknown ?
CN 2209 & CN 2047 Tanya Worlock 9-29-82
CN 2251 & CN 1666 Karen Ann Schott 10-13-80
CN 2256 & CN 1039 Megan Steckly Grade 9 [Jeffco not 100% sure of this Lead]
CN 2280 & CN 1625 Female 4-25-81 Aurora - George Mumma 4-30-99

* Female from Aurora was also mentioned in his journal
* Karen Ann Schott was on Eric's Shit List & her phone # was recovered from Eric's wallet.

Eric thought these girls were "bitches"

Ohhhhh. So following "fuckin' bitches", he meant them when he said those names. And he wanted them dead not alive, apparently. Serious or not. Oh okay, the way I read it was totally different.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:20 pm

Wait a second. In writing in his journal he doesn't want "5 people" to die and yet on tape he has specifically 5 names of girls he hates and perhaps want dead? Is this just coincidence?

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

avatar

Posts : 360
Join date : 2015-04-21

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:31 am

That's very interesting. The first of the 3 recorded segments on tape [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] starts on April 11th, but we can't be exactly sure when segment 2 (when Eric is alone) was filmed. Or do we know on what day Eric filmed himself? I couldn't find a date, but I also didnt look too hard lol.

Its possible the 5 people mentioned in October 98 were those same girls. In theory it actually makes a lot of sense. Eric was desperate for a girlfriend, and even more so for a sexual partner. He says at one point "maybe I just need to get laid" and mentions his lack of "getting any" in his last journal entry. He firmly believed that sex would solve his self esteem issues. Maybe those 5 were the girls Eric considered most likely to hook up with him? Maybe having sex was the excuse Eric needed to keep from doing NBK? He flat out states at one point that NBK might be called off if people would start being nicer to him. I think its possible that sex or an actual relationship was viewed by Eric as his way out. Once April rolled around though and he realized he wasnt gonna get anything from the 5 he bitterly changed his view of them to "fuckin bitches". I'm sure he saw that rejection as another reason to go through with it too. Its possible those rejection by the "fuckin bitches" was what pushed him past his true point of no return.

That's all hypothetical of course. Eric and Dylan's "shit lists" were constantly being edited and added to. Well never know exactly how they viewed each individual on their lists, or what exactly would land people on their lists to begin with. Like I said previously its temper tantrum talk:

"These girls won't let me have the sex with them that I feel entitled to, which makes them all total fuckin bitches. I better blow up my school and eat a shotgun slug so they all know what a hardcore badass they missed out on."

And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] don't even get me started on his rape fantasy. The kid who claimed he wanted to trick girls into his room and rip their throats out couldn't even muster the courage to kiss Susan on the mouth. Its all just so freaking juvenile. It amazes me that this kid is still looked at as some genius level psychopath. Yeah Eric did kill some innocent kids in very brutal and terrorizing manner, but he also felt the need to wear a custom made t-shirt saying "NATURAL SELECTION" while he did it lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

avatar

Posts : 3230
Join date : 2013-03-22

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:10 am


Eric states "there are 7 and 1/3 days left" during the part where he names the girls, which would have that part of the tape filmed on April 11/12 1999

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

avatar

Posts : 360
Join date : 2015-04-21

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Eric states "there are 7 and 1/3 days left" during the part where he names the girls, which would have that part of the tape filmed on April 11/12 1999


I appreciate that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Eric's last journal entry was on April 3rd, which would be 8/9 days before he recorded himself. I find it interesting how he questions not getting laid despite being "nice and considerate and all that shit", then a little over a week later he's calling these girls "fuckin bitches", but less than a week later he was a gentleman with Susan on what was to be his last night with her. No rape. No throat biting. Not even a little peck on the lips.

Its a perfect example of the contradictions between real life Eric and the "REB" character he wished to be. It also shows how dependent he was on violent fantasies to make himself feel better. He wanted sex so bad he fantasized about taking it by force, yet he wasnt man enough to actually earn a women's consent. He imagined himself to be strong against the bullies who gave him shit, but even in his fantasies he required a gun to pull it off. Eric's NBK attack plan in general was such a "grand" concept that its crazy to think he actually went through with it. How many school shooters think to make propane time bombs to level their cafeteria? Its a straight up teenage fantasy that the boys some how managed to play out in real life.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I appreciate that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Eric's last journal entry was on April 3rd, which would be 8/9 days before he recorded himself. I find it interesting how he questions not getting laid despite being "nice and considerate and all that shit", then a little over a week later he's calling these girls "fuckin bitches", but less than a week later he was a gentleman with Susan on what was to be his last night with her. No rape. No throat biting. Not even a little peck on the lips.

Its a perfect example of the contradictions between real life Eric and the "REB" character he wished to be. It also shows how dependent he was on violent fantasies to make himself feel better. He wanted sex so bad he fantasized about taking it by force, yet he wasnt man enough to actually earn a women's consent. He imagined himself to be strong against the bullies who gave him shit, but even in his fantasies he required a gun to pull it off. Eric's NBK attack plan in general was such a "grand" concept that its crazy to think he actually went through with it. How many school shooters think to make propane time bombs to level their cafeteria? Its a straight up teenage fantasy that the boys some how managed to play out in real life.

It played out in real life, but the actual result was sub-par, a complete dud rather. And I appreciate your first paragraph a lot because it really shows how messed up he was he might burst. He gave himself time somehow, tried those girls out like samples (if the 5 names are the same of course), and they let him down so now they're bitches and all the more they should be dead. I can't believe he actually remembers people who wronged him even in minor ways so thoroughly.

And thank you, he is so contradictory! He questions himself why he can't seem to be part of all the fun or no one calls him. Well look at his reaction! I understand why he would feel that way but that's just in hindsight. Who knows, those who have had contact with him may really feel disturbed. And lastly, the way he was with Susan is very telling. Now even though I like the theory that he wasn't acting like an animal or forced anything because he wouldn't wanna blow his cover before NBK, for me, I have always felt that that was the real Eric. I mean, he was just typically shy and respected Susan enough because she was nice and chose to spend prom night with him.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:07 am

And I would like to know why those girls were exclusively bitches hahah. Wonder how they rubbed him the wrong way.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

avatar

Posts : 360
Join date : 2015-04-21

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:34 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I appreciate that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Eric's last journal entry was on April 3rd, which would be 8/9 days before he recorded himself. I find it interesting how he questions not getting laid despite being "nice and considerate and all that shit", then a little over a week later he's calling these girls "fuckin bitches", but less than a week later he was a gentleman with Susan on what was to be his last night with her. No rape. No throat biting. Not even a little peck on the lips.

Its a perfect example of the contradictions between real life Eric and the "REB" character he wished to be. It also shows how dependent he was on violent fantasies to make himself feel better. He wanted sex so bad he fantasized about taking it by force, yet he wasnt man enough to actually earn a women's consent. He imagined himself to be strong against the bullies who gave him shit, but even in his fantasies he required a gun to pull it off. Eric's NBK attack plan in general was such a "grand" concept that its crazy to think he actually went through with it. How many school shooters think to make propane time bombs to level their cafeteria? Its a straight up teenage fantasy that the boys some how managed to play out in real life.

It played out in real life, but the actual result was sub-par, a complete dud rather. And I appreciate your first paragraph a lot because it really shows how messed up he was he might burst. He gave himself time somehow, tried those girls out like samples (if the 5 names are the same of course), and they let him down so now they're bitches and all the more they should be dead. I can't believe he actually remembers people who wronged him even in minor ways so thoroughly.

And thank you, he is so contradictory! He questions himself why he can't seem to be part of all the fun or no one calls him. Well look at his reaction! I understand why he would feel that way but that's just in hindsight. Who knows, those who have had contact with him may really feel disturbed. And lastly, the way he was with Susan is very telling. Now even though I like the theory that he wasn't acting like an animal or forced anything because he wouldn't wanna blow his cover before NBK, for me, I have always felt that that was the real Eric. I mean, he was just typically shy and respected Susan enough because she was nice and chose to spend prom night with him.

I do think that had their night ended anywhere besides Eric's house he may have tried something. Not like rape or sexual assault kind of stuff, I don't for one second believe Eric was that cold and uncaring. In fact that's another contradiction right there: Eric was capable of murder but he never even attempted to take advantage of a girl. Eric may have been sick in the head, but he was also a man of his convictions. I think Eric genuinely believed in chivalry. Dylan may have written about women and love more, but IMO Eric was the true romantic. Unlike Dylan Eric never hit/pushed a girl and he didnt seem to call girls bitches to their faces that often either.

Eric wanted love. REB wanted violence. Eric wanted to be REB because REB would be a badass ladies man. REB could never be Eric unless Eric had a gun in his hand. The weird thing about confidence is that its super easy to accquire once you accept that you cant please every person you meet. Eventually youll meet someone who doesnt like you. Thats just how it works. Unfortunately Eric couldn't comprehend how to seperate the confidence he found in REB from the violent imagery that accompanied it in his fantasies. Eric did try to be confident at times, but if even a single person gave him a funny look it meant he was worthless. Therefore he came to view confidence as something that could only be reached through mass murder.

Sorry I rambled on there for a bit haha. What I meant earlier is maybe Eric didnt make a move on Susan because of his family being there? I remember the awkward anticipation of someone walking in on me that accompanied teenage sex at my parents house. Maybe Erics parents (like many do) told him sex wasnt allowed under their roof? Its either that or he was just plain too scared to make his move on her. I can't picture Eric attempting anything bad with Susan since he really seemed to care about her. Also keep in mind Eric feared going to prison, which is was a major factor in killing himself after the massacre. I seriously doubt Eric would risk being locked up over some sex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Eric was capable of murder but he never even attempted to take advantage of a girl. Eric may have been sick in the head, but he was also a man of his convictions. I think Eric genuinely believed in chivalry. Dylan may have written about women and love more, but IMO Eric was the true romantic. Unlike Dylan Eric never hit/pushed a girl and he didnt seem to call girls bitches to their faces that often either.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Eric wanted love. REB wanted violence. Eric wanted to be REB because REB would be a badass ladies man. REB could never be Eric unless Eric had a gun in his hand. The weird thing about confidence is that its super easy to accquire once you accept that you cant please every person you meet. Eventually youll meet someone who doesnt like you. Thats just how it works. Unfortunately Eric couldn't comprehend how to seperate the confidence he found in REB from the violent imagery that accompanied it in his fantasies. Eric did try to be confident at times, but if even a single person gave him a funny look it meant he was worthless. Therefore he came to view confidence as something that could only be reached through mass murder.
Agreed.

and yeah like I said, maybe he didn't try anything cause he didn't wanna risk getting caught or in trouble. However, I literally think that he just couldn't bring himself to do something with Susan. Maybe he might have felt like it was too soon in her position despite the fact that he was running out of time. Maybe all he needed was a genuine girl's company. I think he just couldn't bring himself to initiate anything cause he was a virgin and he didn't know how. I always assumed his parents woudn't mind if he did anything because it was prom night and they were out for their night so it might've been an unspoken nod to like, yeah son, you can do whatever you want tonight. lol idk.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina



Posts : 426
Join date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:59 pm

I like to believe both Eric and Dylan could have had nice girlfriends. Susan definitely had a lot of potential but with NBK closing in Eric knew he had to get her go. I'm guessing because he knew she deserves better. So why didn't Dylan go out/date Robyn? She wasn't ugly but she wasn't that good-looking either. I like to believe that Dylan would be the love at first sight kind of guy.

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.


Last edited by aquillina on Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm guessing because he knew she deserves better.
That's actually a very smart and possibly realistic way to put it.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

avatar

Posts : 360
Join date : 2015-04-21

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I like to believe both Eric and Dylan could have had nice girlfriends. Susan definitely had a lot of potential but with NBK closing in Eric knew he had to get her go. I'm guessing because he knew she deserves better. So why didn't Dylan go out/date Robyn? She wasn't ugly but she wasn't that good-looking either. I like to believe that Dylan would be the love at first sight kind of guy.

I can definitely see Eric feeling like he wasnt good enough for Susan. He even said in his final goodbye that it could have worked if "circumstances had been different". Different circumstances as in "if I weren't about to commit a mass murder at my highschool".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina



Posts : 426
Join date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: #298: "Reb's Tape"    Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I like to believe both Eric and Dylan could have had nice girlfriends. Susan definitely had a lot of potential but with NBK closing in Eric knew he had to get her go. I'm guessing because he knew she deserves better. So why didn't Dylan go out/date Robyn? She wasn't ugly but she wasn't that good-looking either. I like to believe that Dylan would be the love at first sight kind of guy.

I can definitely see Eric feeling like he wasnt good enough for Susan. He even said in his final goodbye that it could have worked if "circumstances had been different". Different circumstances as in "if I weren't about to commit a mass murder at my highschool".

Do you think if Susan confronted Eric during the shooting could she have stopped him?

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
#298: "Reb's Tape"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Sleep talking....?
» Actor-Film-Actor
» [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion
» [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion
» EVENT: Duct Tape~!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: