Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?

Go down 
+2
shades
Moonshadow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 71681
Forum Reputation : 0

Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Empty
PostSubject: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 pm

I surely do.

While I would never commit a massacre - neither alone nor with someone else -, in a certain way I do envy their great cooperation.

Maybe I read too much about the sake, and one night I dreamed that I was Dylan, shooting myself next to Eric.

Has anyone of you had a dream like this?

Maybe I need... okay, I do need intensive therapy, but... I would really like to have someone whom I could rely on so much that we could even take our lives together.
Of course, if I had such a good friendship/partnership with somebody, I would rather suggest doing other things - not destructive ones -, but this is so special, anyway.

What is your opinion?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79536
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 6:46 pm

I've always thought that if one of them were of the opposite sex they would be a toxic but perfect couple. Maybe they wouldn't be in love but they might have casual ties or something, I mean imagine a bonnie and clyde situation where they're together in the end through sorrow, murder and death. And yeah I get where you'e coming from, regardless they committed a massacre, I MYSELF am envious that they found one another that was loyal to the end. But keep in mind it's a toxic and manipulative relationship. I'm not sure if Eric and Dylan had looked out for one another in a good way throughout their friendship, had deep conversations and complimented one another, looked out for another - Idk, but I hope so, I hope they had a good and worthwhile friendship as bros. But yes, I do want a bestie whom I know I can count on, and vice versa, we finish one another's sentences, I know who to call if I need bailing or a back up.

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 11:21 pm

i also admire/envy their cooperation, their friendship even. they truly were like mickey and mallory except not in love.

also, about your dream. i also had a dream similar except, in eric's pov of killing the kids under the tables in the library. it was super graphic, maybe we both need psychiatric help.
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 8:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: it's quite interesting, they really were like a married couple in many ways.
Yes, as they both had so serious mental issues, this relationship could not have been anything else than toxic and manipulative. As they motivated each other into mass murder/suicide, it is clear that it was toxic.
Yes. Loyalty. This is the word I was in search of!
Maybe the reason to my fascination is that we see so many romantic relationships between people of the opposite (or the same) sex, but such a loyalty and cooperation, without being romantically involved, this is extremely rare.

@Dylan Klebold: huh, probably we both need professional help (and the joke in this is that in reality, it's not a joke at all!) Or, do we just need to be more social and learn to cope with anger and aggression?

This dream is interesting! May I ask how did you feel, during or after the dream?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95974
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 8:31 am

I'd like to think I have some of the more positive aspects in my marriage. We tell each other everything, I can depend on him for everything and he can depend on me....

We are not planning any sort of massacre, and do not have a suicide pact though lmao

Moonshadow

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 8:37 am

Lizpuff wrote:
We are not planning any sort of massacre, and do not have a suicide pact though lmao

Thanks for the laugh!

Also, good to know that you have such a satisfying marriage.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 8:48 am

Moonshadow wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

Thanks for the laugh!

Also, good to know that you have such a satisfying marriage.

We try. We are still in the hard part I think. We have been married almost 7 years. I think they say the first 5 are the hardest but it is still hard.

There were a lot of negative aspects of E&D relationship that I never want to mirror. I never had a friendship like that at all in all my life though. Being 16-17 and having someone to depend on like that? Pretty much unheard of
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 2:23 pm

Lizpuff wrote:

We try.  We are still in the hard part I think.  We have been married almost 7 years.  I think they say the first 5 are the hardest but it is still hard.

There were a lot of negative aspects of E&D relationship that I never want to mirror.  I never had a friendship like that at all in all my life though.  Being 16-17 and having someone to depend on like that?  Pretty much unheard of

Yes, a long relationship or marriage is never as idealistic and oh-so-romantic as one would expect it to be. I know from experience that dating is absolutely different from actually living together with the one you love. I have nothing to complain about, however, my relationship is not a kind of "Eric and Dylan, we are just of the opposite sex"-type one.
/off

Yes, I do see these negative aspects. Sadly enough, we can say that knowing about their mental issues and possible personality disorders, it was not an extraordinary thing that NBK happened.
Young people are vulnerable, anyway, even if they are considered otherwise "normal".
They both were extremely vulnerable and found comfort & affirmation in each other. This is why they were so dependent on each other, I understand this.
If I had a friendship like this, I would go for motivating each other in something else. But I haven't experienced having so much in common with someone. This is why I envy them. I may find people who share my interests or preferences in music or books, but... that's it. Interesting and polite conversations, and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 2:31 pm

Moonshadow wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

We try.  We are still in the hard part I think.  We have been married almost 7 years.  I think they say the first 5 are the hardest but it is still hard.

There were a lot of negative aspects of E&D relationship that I never want to mirror.  I never had a friendship like that at all in all my life though.  Being 16-17 and having someone to depend on like that?  Pretty much unheard of

Yes, a long relationship or marriage is never as idealistic and oh-so-romantic as one would expect it to be. I know from experience that dating is absolutely different from actually living together with the one you love. I have nothing to complain about, however, my relationship is not a kind of "Eric and Dylan, we are just of the opposite sex"-type one.
/off

Yes, I do see these negative aspects. Sadly enough, we can say that knowing about their mental issues and possible personality disorders, it was not an extraordinary thing that NBK happened.
Young people are vulnerable, anyway, even if they are considered otherwise "normal".
They both were extremely vulnerable and found comfort & affirmation in each other. This is why they were so dependent on each other, I understand this.
If I had a friendship like this, I would go for motivating each other in something else. But I haven't experienced having so much in common with someone. This is why I envy them. I may find people who share my interests or preferences in music or books, but... that's it. Interesting and polite conversations, and nothing more.

IRL friendships are hard for me. They are hard to maintain and I am a keep to myself kind of person. I agree with you on the envy to an extent. And yea if they would have used their friendship for good who knows what they could have done
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Lizpuff wrote:

IRL friendships are hard for me.  They are hard to maintain and I am a keep to myself kind of person.  I agree with you on the envy to an extent.  And yea if they would have used their friendship for good who knows what they could have done

Yes, it is true. Everyone is so busy with their adult lives that it needs special arrangements to maintain IRL friendships...
I am extremely introverted, so building friendships needs time and special occasions.
Yeah, they would surely have contributed with something incredible - this is the saddest part of the whole story.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Every. Single. Day.
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67441

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 4:04 pm

It seems to me that Eric was more attached to Dylan than Dylan to Eric.

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 6:07 am

I have that in my life, only healthy. Ride or die, dig a hole (just in case), people who would defend me to the point of that if it became violence, then they would be met equally. And I, them. Were I not a skeleton, though. No, I'm not a gangbanger (West Siiiiiide lol), just an amazing group of friends.

Would they go Columbine with me? Fuck no, that shit's stoooopid.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 8:07 am

Love wrote:
This. In my opinion, the friendship was only genuine on one side. Dylan just used Eric. Eric was the one who thought of Dylan as his best friend and copied everything Dylan did. Dylan's true best friend was Zack. Even Dylan's Mother said that Dylan's best friends were Zack and Nate. So no, I wouldn't want that kid of friendship or relationship. Even on the outside looking in you can see that Dylan really did just use Eric. He let Eric do all the planning and preparing. Eric probably spent more money on it too. Eric's entire world revolved around going "NBK" with Dylan. Dylan wasn't even sure he wanted to do this thing with Eric. And as we know from Dylan's journal, his original plan was to go NBK with a girl he was in love with. So not only was Eric 2nd best when it came to the friendship, but he was also 2nd best when it came to NBK.

Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 9:06 am

Jenn wrote:
Love wrote:
This. In my opinion, the friendship was only genuine on one side. Dylan just used Eric. Eric was the one who thought of Dylan as his best friend and copied everything Dylan did. Dylan's true best friend was Zack. Even Dylan's Mother said that Dylan's best friends were Zack and Nate. So no, I wouldn't want that kid of friendship or relationship. Even on the outside looking in you can see that Dylan really did just use Eric. He let Eric do all the planning and preparing. Eric probably spent more money on it too. Eric's entire world revolved around going "NBK" with Dylan. Dylan wasn't even sure he wanted to do this thing with Eric. And as we know from Dylan's journal, his original plan was to go NBK with a girl he was in love with. So not only was Eric 2nd best when it came to the friendship, but he was also 2nd best when it came to NBK.

Yes.
The worst thing is that Eric seemed to not know that he was only the second best. (Now I am more well-informed than I was when I started this thread, so I see the whole thing from another view.) He was glad to use his abilities to something so "glorious", I think - this must have been really comfortable for Dylan!
And it is not too justiceful that in spite of this, the "manipulative, aggressive Eric forced poor, sentimental Dylan to do this craziness" myth is still alive. Hrrrrrrrrr. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79536

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Eric being second best even in his last moments kind of proved what he hated about himself though; never being anyone's first. Nobody finding him special.

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?   Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you wish such a great partnership with someone like E&D did?
Page 1 of 1