Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:35 pm

The thing is if someone is heavily into the dead murderers, with the way they outed themselves through their retaliation and aggressive defenses, these people might be the harmful ones. Not all but some. If they find serenity in being in love with a murderer and what they have actually done in real life who's to say these people aren't problematic. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has a point. And I said the same thing beforehand too. What if a family member or an old friend of the boys went and saw all the erotica fantasies and telling those who judge it to f-off, completely overshadowing the fact they murdered someone they know.

I know there are fans of almost everything, anything out there, completely disturbing interests and all, and as I brought up before too I'm not expecting a solution or for it to be resolved either. I just also find extreme irony that the ones who are low-key condoning what two shooters have done or at the least overlook it to have wet dreams about them, end up being the correct ones because there's more of them to gang up on one or two people who brought to light their activities. Just because something is popular or is supported by the majority of people, doesn't exactly make it right. You just ended up caving or giving in because what can one or 4 people do about it.

This forum is also a platform for all things Columbine - for detailed accurate information or questions and broader discussions. If things get out of hand or inappropriate obviously rules will be implemented and people will get banned. You will never see Tumblr-style people blow their load on here and calling others b***hes because they peeked into honeymoon-erotica with a dead murderer.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:41 pm

And not all who are into serial killers or criminology go out and harm others yes, there are many people, even us, who are extremely normal and healthy. There are some who don't harm others but they end up killing themselves after a period of dissociation and whatever they've been going through on their own. Usually it starts off as something as ordinary as being on the net like what we observe today. Take Jason Moss as an example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sure he is not a teenage girl on Tumblr professing a killer as their husband or anything like that but he spent a period of time living through an alter-ego to connect and understand a serial killer. Eventually along the years it f-ed him up real bad, induced extreme paranoia and he shot himself.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Keep in mind there're actual survivors who have lurked here or am on here and god knows the many things they have seen and read online be it intentionally or stumbled upon and can't say or let out thoroughly how it might've made them feel. and if they chose to be here it's probably because this the one place that's like safe haven where rules will be implemented if things get out of hand.

Be careful how you out yourself online just as a side note.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina



Posts : 438
Join date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:16 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Keep in mind there're actual survivors who have lurked here or am on here and god knows the many things they have seen and read online be it intentionally or stumbled upon and can't say or let out thoroughly how it might've made them feel. and if they chose to be here it's probably because this the one place that's like safe haven where rules will be implemented if things get out of hand.

Be careful how you out yourself online just as a side note.
I find this very shocking. When you mentioned survivors do you mean survivors of Columbine or other mass shooting survivors? I can't imagine any of them coming on here and reading all the discussions we've had. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them were laughing at us the whole time.

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Columbine. But who knows? Maybe others too.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1750
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:41 pm

sscc wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
omeone who simply made an observation and brought them back down to reality

Why was it her business to do this though? I can't understand starting a conversation meant to make people feel ashamed of or uncomfortable about their emotional reactions, thereby assuming the role of a superior person and then complaining about the response. If she thinks the people are immature, what did she expect? It was intended to get a rise out of people and when she gets a rise out of them, she pretends not to understand why or gets offended? Pretty easy to solve that whole thing by not making public observations about other people in the first place.


I agree with this very much.
It's human nature that if someone is doing something and they are minding their own business,even though the other person has every right to their opinion, are going to likely feel hostile and offensive if someone comes along and starts criticizing them.
Rightly or wrongly, this is usually what happens.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1750
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:43 pm

I found this post on tumblr tonight on this very subject. Some will agree, some will strongly disagree but I thought I had to share this now.

Anonymous asked:
I will exterminate your kind.

Everyone has a different opinion. If it does bother you, maybe you can find someone to vent about it with or just not associate with these kinds of blogs. I can understand your anger, but the random threats aren’t necessary. I’ve never understood the argument that “blogging about killers is wrong”. Plenty of these blogs are purely factual. The fiction can get a little crazy sometimes, sure, but it doesn’t mean we’re “glorifying” them. If you’re interested in cases like Columbine, you learn a lot about the killers. I know this part’s going to make you cringe, but these boys had some good qualities and then (obviously) they fucked up in a big way. So many people on here struggle with depression and anger issues that they are able to relate to the boys’ problems and find ways to talk through them instead of acting out. I write about whatever situations people want because the majority of these stories make them feel good, and let them pretend, for just a minute, what would have happened if the boys hadn’t made such a horrible decision. All of that being said, even though this was rude, I hope you’ve have a good day and I hope you can see that some harmless fiction isn’t a big deal.

27 notes Jun 4th, 2016

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:26 am

aquillina wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
Keep in mind there're actual survivors who have lurked here or am on here and god knows the many things they have seen and read online be it intentionally or stumbled upon and can't say or let out thoroughly how it might've made them feel. and if they chose to be here it's probably because this the one place that's like safe haven where rules will be implemented if things get out of hand.

Be careful how you out yourself online just as a side note.
I find this very shocking. When you mentioned survivors do you mean survivors of Columbine or other mass shooting survivors? I can't imagine any of them coming on here and reading all the discussions we've had. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them were laughing at us the whole time.

It is well known that Amanda Stair is here. She doesn't hide it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina



Posts : 438
Join date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:59 am

Lizpuff wrote:
aquillina wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
Keep in mind there're actual survivors who have lurked here or am on here and god knows the many things they have seen and read online be it intentionally or stumbled upon and can't say or let out thoroughly how it might've made them feel. and if they chose to be here it's probably because this the one place that's like safe haven where rules will be implemented if things get out of hand.

Be careful how you out yourself online just as a side note.
I find this very shocking. When you mentioned survivors do you mean survivors of Columbine or other mass shooting survivors? I can't imagine any of them coming on here and reading all the discussions we've had. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them were laughing at us the whole time.

It is well known that Amanda Stair is here.  She doesn't hide it.
Is she one of the survivors? What does she think of this place?

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Perhaps if she reads this soon she'd acknowledge you herself!

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:37 am

aquillina wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
aquillina wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
Keep in mind there're actual survivors who have lurked here or am on here and god knows the many things they have seen and read online be it intentionally or stumbled upon and can't say or let out thoroughly how it might've made them feel. and if they chose to be here it's probably because this the one place that's like safe haven where rules will be implemented if things get out of hand.

Be careful how you out yourself online just as a side note.
I find this very shocking. When you mentioned survivors do you mean survivors of Columbine or other mass shooting survivors? I can't imagine any of them coming on here and reading all the discussions we've had. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them were laughing at us the whole time.

It is well known that Amanda Stair is here.  She doesn't hide it.
Is she one of the survivors? What does she think of this place?

She was in the library right by Kacey. The link ultra provided is to her story on YT. It is very well worth watching. She is here under Yumeko Chan I believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3120
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:49 pm

I'm going to try and address as much as I can to all the things that were said to me without trying to be here all day and having a post that is a mile long.

First of all, I am not some dingbat who doesn't know the difference between who is a threat and who isn't. I've done my very best to make sure that this forum remains a place where the members (and even lurkers who just visit but don't join) can come here and feel comfortable and not offended by what they are reading. I've been told many times (both on the board and in private messaging) that the community here is welcoming and that members feel like they can share their thoughts and opinions without being attacked - which is exactly what went down on all the previous Columbine forums.

Second, I take offense to my forum being compared to places like Tumblr and me being accused of glorifying the killers because I run a professional discussion board about an American tragedy. There are no threads here glorifying the killers. There are no shrines here for Dylan and Eric. There is no one here that is going to get away with saying Dylan and Eric are Gods and telling other members they should kill themselves. And I actually do take the victims into consideration when running this place. And not only that but I take all the members and anyone else who may visit this forum into consideration as well.

The entire staff here works not only on running the forum but to protect the privacy of everyone in the Columbine community whether they are a member here or not. And any time a thread is crossing the line or we feel it is too offense, it is removed from the board. Also, any members we feel are an actual threat or if they are being just plain vicious and disrespecting people here or any of the victims, they are banned. Everyone (whether they are a fan or not) is given a fair chance on this forum. It is up to them what they do with it. The reason a lot of the hardcore fans do not last around here is because of their own doing - because they will not get away with saying/doing the kinds of things that go on over at places like Tumblr.

Third,  Yes, we have sub forums that contain threads to discuss other shootings similar to the core forum. These sub forums are by no means meant to be a 'dedication' to any of these killers.

And finally, the original points I was trying to make is being a fan of Dylan and Eric is by no means comparable to fans of other dead actors or rock stars. And that a lot of what these people do is not "innocent" and "harmless". However, I did say so myself, that luckily, for most of these Dylan and Eric fans, it is just a phase and that the chance of any of them actually committing some kind of crime similar to Dylan and Eric is small, but that chance is still there and it has happened before. And whether Lanza or Cho went around bragging about being a fan or not is irrelevant. The point is they were fans and they both committed school shootings worse than the one they were interested in.

And I can't tell you how many times I've read about a foiled school shootings where Columbine was mentioned as the inspiration behind it. Not that long ago there was a group of 3 people who were very active in the Columbine Tumblr community that were planning a shooting and they got caught.

One single post I made stating my opinion that I don't think the two are comparable has nothing to do with my position as an Admin or my ability to know who is a threat here and who isn't. Common sense tells me that there is more of a chance that fans who worship killers (like Dylan and Eric) are more of a threat than someone who worships a dead rock star. I've never read a story where some crazy fan of Elvis was planning to blow up a school auditorium but I did read stories where fans of Dylan and Eric had plans to commit shootings/bombings. And even though I think Dylan and Eric fans have more of a chance to be violent doesn't mean I am talking about every single one of them. Regardless of what people may think, I am able to tell who is a threat and who isn't and I do acknowledge that most of Dylan and Eric's fan are not going to copy what they did.

_________________
"God, it's so painful when something that's so close is still so far out of reach".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top Contributor


Posts : 497
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:20 am

Jenn wrote:
Second, I take offense to my forum being compared to places like Tumblr and me being accused of glorifying the killers because I run a professional discussion board about an American tragedy.
I don't think I said that you glorified killers or at least I didn't mean to say that. My real point was that as offended as you might be by the Dylan and Eric fans, there are lots of people who might be offended by this forum regardless of your intent. On a personal level, you are always highly respectful and you clearly hold the posters here to a basic standard of decency. However, the sole fact that you are interested in this topic and have created a forum devoted to the topic has the potential to make some people upset. This is why I say that it's all relative. Someone who has no interest in Columbine or crime might see this forum as "problematic" based on the topic alone, especially considering the copycats.

Jenn wrote:
Third,  Yes, we have sub forums that contain threads to discuss other shootings similar to the core forum. These sub forums are by no means meant to be a 'dedication' to any of these killers.
When I used the word dedicated, I didn't mean that they were a 'dedication' to the killers. I meant these sections are used exclusively for discussing these killers who were not involved in Columbine.

Jenn wrote:
Regardless of what people may think, I am able to tell who is a threat and who isn't
Don't people like Adam Lanza and other more obvious Columbine fans who did eventually try to hurt people prove that this isn't true? No one thought Lanza was a danger, even if they did think he was odd. This was one reason I brought up the fact that Lanza and Cho weren't like the people who were originally being discussed in the thread. No one could have known they were dangerous because they weren't saying what they were thinking, much less boldly and publicly praising Eric and Dylan.

Also, you can't really monitor the lurkers, who can gather information here and spend time learning the intricate details, without ever giving you any idea of how dangerous they are. Lanza said that he lurked the old Columbine forum for about 3 years before he joined.

I didn't mean to insult you or the forum but I still think my points are valid. As long as this (or any other similar) forum exists, it will remain a possible source of information for future copycats and a possible source of offense for family members or victims and others who want Eric, Dylan and their crimes to be forgotten instead of discussed in detail.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by sscc on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:19 am

If there is no way to determine who is a threat and who isn't, then the entire debate of these fangirls being aggressive and getting out of hand with retaliation applies. Cause one of them maybe be planning something harmful right now, possibly even harming their own selves if they're already claiming Eric and Dylan as their husbands and attacking people who tell them they are delusional and offensive.


_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:23 am

sscc wrote:
I didn't mean to insult you or the forum but I still think my points are valid. As long as this (or any other similar) forum exists, it will remain a possible source of information for future copycats and a possible source of offense for family members or victims and others who want Eric, Dylan and their crimes to be forgotten instead of discussed in detail.
I don't think so. If Amanda stair has no problems then I don't think other families and friends of victims would- why, because like I said above this forum has limitations and people will take note if things get out of hand. I think actual survivors or friends of victims would rather come on here should they want to lurk for information. There is no way a forum about a massacre can be compared to the same level of tumblr serial killer porn. Come on now. B**ches won't be found on here, they shall remain at tumblr where other groupies will follow behind them.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina



Posts : 438
Join date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:41 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
sscc wrote:
I didn't mean to insult you or the forum but I still think my points are valid. As long as this (or any other similar) forum exists, it will remain a possible source of information for future copycats and a possible source of offense for family members or victims and others who want Eric, Dylan and their crimes to be forgotten instead of discussed in detail.
I don't think so. If Amanda stair has no problems then I don't think other families and friends of victims would- why, because like I said above this forum has limitations and people will take note if things get out of hand. I think actual survivors or friends of victims would rather come on here should they want to lurk for information. There is no way a forum about a massacre can be compared to the same level of tumblr serial killer porn. Come on now. B**ches won't be found on here, they shall remain at tumblr where other groupies will follow behind them.
Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!! Totally agreed.

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3120
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:35 pm

sscc wrote:
I don't think I said that you glorified killers or at least I didn't mean to say that.
Well, that is what you said. You told me that I am contributing to glorifying the killers because I run a forum about the massacre. Even though there is nothing here to suggest this is a fan page. You're making it sound as though that is what it is and that couldn't be further from the truth.

sscc wrote:
My real point was that as offended as you might be by the Dylan and Eric fans, there are lots of people who might be offended by this forum regardless of your intent.

OK, so let me get this straight. Basically what you're say is that because someone may come here and read something that they find offense, that makes my forum comparable to places like Tumblr? Well if that is the point you're trying to make then that means my forum could be compared to any site on the internet where someone may get offended. No matter what kind of site I run, it could be a site about which Pokemon's are the best, I could guarantee that someone somewhere will get offended. The difference is I actually take people into consideration and try to run a forum where people feel comfortable and are less likely to get offended than going to places like Tumblr. I realize I cannot keep everyone happy and that someone may get offended but that does not mean this place is the same as these fan sites.

sscc wrote:
Don't people like Adam Lanza and other more obvious Columbine fans who did eventually try to hurt people prove that this isn't true?
What does Adam Lanza have to do with me? You're telling me that I can't tell who is a threat and who isn't because of what Lanza did on a forum that had nothing to do with me? He was never apart of my forum. He was on Danny's forum. And maybe if Danny wasn't completely ignoring his forum and only paying attention to people that badmouthed him, he would have known who was a threat and who wasn't. My concern is my forum, not what went on and who was a threat at these other forums. And yea, if Lanza was apart of my forum and talking about pedophilia (like he did on Danny's board), I would most certainly think something was up with him.

And yes, it is very possible there are people lurking who could be a threat and might be planning a massacre similar to Dylan and Eric, but this site is not going to help them plan anything out. They are not going to find directions on how to make bombs or what kind of ammo they need for guns or anything that has to do with violence whatsoever because I do not allow that stuff to be posted here. It is clearly stated in the rules that any discussions about making bombs, buying guns and so on is not allowed and anyone trying to create threads about that stuff will be warned about it and/or banned.

I don't know what it is you're hoping to gain out of this. You have your own opinion and that's fine. I respect that but I do not agree with your opinion. I do not think that my forum is comparable to places like Tumblr at all. Nor do I believe I contribute to glorifying the killers because I run a board about a massacre. You and I will just have to agree to disagree and be on our way.

_________________
"God, it's so painful when something that's so close is still so far out of reach".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Jenn wrote:
sscc wrote:
I don't think I said that you glorified killers or at least I didn't mean to say that.
Well, that is what you said. You told me that I am contributing to glorifying the killers because I run a forum about the massacre. Even though there is nothing here to suggest this is a fan page. You're making it sound as though that is what it is and that couldn't be further from the truth.

sscc wrote:
My real point was that as offended as you might be by the Dylan and Eric fans, there are lots of people who might be offended by this forum regardless of your intent.

OK, so let me get this straight. Basically what you're say is that because someone may come here and read something that they find offense, that makes my forum comparable to places like Tumblr? Well if that is the point you're trying to make then that means my forum could be compared to any site on the internet where someone may get offended. No matter what kind of site I run, it could be a site about which Pokemon's are the best, I could guarantee that someone somewhere will get offended. The difference is I actually take people into consideration and try to run a forum where people feel comfortable and are less likely to get offended than going to places like Tumblr. I realize I cannot keep everyone happy and that someone may get offended but that does not mean this place is the same as these fan sites.

sscc wrote:
Don't people like Adam Lanza and other more obvious Columbine fans who did eventually try to hurt people prove that this isn't true?
What does Adam Lanza have to do with me? You're telling me that I can't tell who is a threat and who isn't because of what Lanza did on a forum that had nothing to do with me? He was never apart of my forum. He was on Danny's forum. And maybe if Danny wasn't completely ignoring his forum and only paying attention to people that badmouthed him, he would have known who was a threat and who wasn't. My concern is my forum, not what went on and who was a threat at these other forums. And yea, if Lanza was apart of my forum and talking about pedophilia (like he did on Danny's board), I would most certainly think something was up with him.

And yes, it is very possible there are people lurking who could be a threat and might be planning a massacre similar to Dylan and Eric, but this site is not going to help them plan anything out. They are not going to find directions on how to make bombs or what kind of ammo they need for guns or anything that has to do with violence whatsoever because I do not allow that stuff to be posted here. It is clearly stated in the rules that any discussions about making bombs, buying guns and so on is not allowed and anyone trying to create threads about that stuff will be warned about it and/or banned.

I don't know what it is you're hoping to gain out of this. You have your own opinion and that's fine. I respect that but I do not agree with your opinion. I do not think that my forum is comparable to places like Tumblr at all. Nor do I believe I contribute to glorifying the killers because I run a board about a massacre. You and I will just have to agree to disagree and be on our way.

I just want to say that I appreciate that this forum is here. Mainly because it Is NOT tumblr and the people that come here tend to be more mature and can have civil conversations on topics other than who is better looking.

While I agree it may see odd to others that we are all here I don't think it is a bad thing and I love this place
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3120
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:47 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Jenn wrote:
sscc wrote:
I don't think I said that you glorified killers or at least I didn't mean to say that.
Well, that is what you said. You told me that I am contributing to glorifying the killers because I run a forum about the massacre. Even though there is nothing here to suggest this is a fan page. You're making it sound as though that is what it is and that couldn't be further from the truth.

sscc wrote:
My real point was that as offended as you might be by the Dylan and Eric fans, there are lots of people who might be offended by this forum regardless of your intent.

OK, so let me get this straight. Basically what you're say is that because someone may come here and read something that they find offense, that makes my forum comparable to places like Tumblr? Well if that is the point you're trying to make then that means my forum could be compared to any site on the internet where someone may get offended. No matter what kind of site I run, it could be a site about which Pokemon's are the best, I could guarantee that someone somewhere will get offended. The difference is I actually take people into consideration and try to run a forum where people feel comfortable and are less likely to get offended than going to places like Tumblr. I realize I cannot keep everyone happy and that someone may get offended but that does not mean this place is the same as these fan sites.

sscc wrote:
Don't people like Adam Lanza and other more obvious Columbine fans who did eventually try to hurt people prove that this isn't true?
What does Adam Lanza have to do with me? You're telling me that I can't tell who is a threat and who isn't because of what Lanza did on a forum that had nothing to do with me? He was never apart of my forum. He was on Danny's forum. And maybe if Danny wasn't completely ignoring his forum and only paying attention to people that badmouthed him, he would have known who was a threat and who wasn't. My concern is my forum, not what went on and who was a threat at these other forums. And yea, if Lanza was apart of my forum and talking about pedophilia (like he did on Danny's board), I would most certainly think something was up with him.

And yes, it is very possible there are people lurking who could be a threat and might be planning a massacre similar to Dylan and Eric, but this site is not going to help them plan anything out. They are not going to find directions on how to make bombs or what kind of ammo they need for guns or anything that has to do with violence whatsoever because I do not allow that stuff to be posted here. It is clearly stated in the rules that any discussions about making bombs, buying guns and so on is not allowed and anyone trying to create threads about that stuff will be warned about it and/or banned.

I don't know what it is you're hoping to gain out of this. You have your own opinion and that's fine. I respect that but I do not agree with your opinion. I do not think that my forum is comparable to places like Tumblr at all. Nor do I believe I contribute to glorifying the killers because I run a board about a massacre. You and I will just have to agree to disagree and be on our way.

I just want to say that I appreciate that this forum is here.  Mainly because it Is NOT tumblr and the people that come here tend to be more mature and can have civil conversations on topics other than who is better looking.  

While I agree it may see odd to others that we are all here I don't think it is a bad thing and I love this place
Thank you. I appreciate you saying so. I've always said that the community here is great and the best I've ever seen in regards to Columbine. This place definitely would not be what it is if it weren't for the awesome community.

_________________
"God, it's so painful when something that's so close is still so far out of reach".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Same here. I believe this forum eventually has its members progress and learn to communicate in civil manner, practise boundaries in terms of words, the things we share and we will always be made aware when things get out of hand. All of us try to help one another out if we see any rules broken or if someone is being inappropriate, so no one would have to worry much while being on here. And even if someone does has a problem who said they don't have the mods to report that to? I just can't comprehend myself comparing a forum to untraceable amount of groupies on tumblr.

I don't understand the point that was trying to be made that no one can detect someone who will cause harm on here, basically saying that people on here are unpredictable. Is that suppose to make the environment on tumblr on fansites...okay? better? I don't get it. Because I may have implied that fangirls could be harmful? Well chances are they might be as compared to those on here because Tumblr has no filter thus they have a platform to be much braver with being immature and self-absorbed, gather much more free splurge of ALL kinds of information and gore pictures/videos.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top Contributor


Posts : 497
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:28 am

Jenn wrote:

Well, that is what you said. You told me that I am contributing to glorifying the killers because I run a forum about the massacre. Even though there is nothing here to suggest this is a fan page. You're making it sound as though that is what it is and that couldn't be further from the truth.
There are people who talk about what a great guy Eric was and how much sympathy they have for Dylan's depression. This doesn't bother me at all and I wouldn't necessarily consider them fans but I have no doubt that there are people who would be highly offended. This probably includes the families of victims. I'm not saying this site is comparable to tumblr (and I much prefer the discussion here to anywhere else) but they might not make as much of a distinction.

Jenn wrote:
No matter what kind of site I run, it could be a site about which Pokemon's are the best, I could guarantee that someone somewhere will get offended.
Yep, and this is why I think it's useless to have discussions about who should be judged most harshly or who's more entitled to discuss Columbine or who's expressing their feelings about it in the right way. There will always be someone to disapprove so once you start judging or censoring, where do you draw the line? I don't think it's as simple as some people make it out to be. Personally, I'd draw the line at threatening or advocating violence but the OP was about telling off people for romanticizing the boys, not for threatening or glorifying violence.

Jenn wrote:
What does Adam Lanza have to do with me? You're telling me that I can't tell who is a threat and who isn't because of what Lanza did on a forum that had nothing to do with me?
I didn't mean to specifically talk about you or the moderator of the old forum but you just happen to be the person running the forum right now. And you did bring up that so many shooters like Lanza and Cho now have Columbine or mass shooting obsessions, so I thought it was relevant since you run a forum about this topic. If there were an Adam Lanza posting or lurking now or in the future, I still doubt you (or whoever was running the forum at the time) would identify them as a danger. Even reading Lanza's posts knowing what he did, it's hard to set him apart, in terms of perceived threat level, from the other members. It's just not realistic to think we can read someone's mind.

Jenn wrote:
And yes, it is very possible there are people lurking who could be a threat and might be planning a massacre similar to Dylan and Eric, but this site is not going to help them plan anything out. They are not going to find directions on how to make bombs or what kind of ammo they need for guns or anything that has to do with violence whatsoever because I do not allow that stuff to be posted here.
I don't think this site would offer any help with actual plans but I also don't think the old site offered any logistical help to Adam Lanza when he was planning. It offered a place for him to read about and discuss his obsession with no one identifying it as a problem because he more or less fit in. This site essentially provides the same thing. If he stood out for any reason, it was his statements about pedophilia instead of his statements about mass violence.

Jenn wrote:
I don't know what it is you're hoping to gain out of this.
Just expressing my opinion like everyone else. It's fine if we disagree.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top Contributor


Posts : 497
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:32 am

Lizpuff wrote:
I just want to say that I appreciate that this forum is here. Mainly because it Is NOT tumblr and the people that come here tend to be more mature and can have civil conversations on topics other than who is better looking.
Amen. Smile

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ascension
Permanently Banned


Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-08-21

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:47 pm

You are extremely right i must say, these whores ruin the community and prevent research and are probably the reason alot of Columbine information is withheld from the public. They must be expelled from the real community as they taint the image of what most of us are. If i call myself a "columbiner" i dont want to be seen or linked to young prebubescent girls who romanticse Eric and Dylan and constantly talk about sex fantasies. We must expell them and gather and preserve information for the future generations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1750
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:52 am

Ascension wrote:
You are extremely right i must say, these whores ruin the community and prevent research and are probably the reason alot of Columbine information is withheld from the public. They must be expelled from the real community as they taint the image of what most of us are. If i call myself a "columbiner" i dont want to be seen or linked to young prebubescent girls who romanticse Eric and Dylan and constantly talk about sex fantasies. We must expell them and gather and preserve information for the future generations.


I find you calling girls and women that you don't even know to be whores offensive.
And secondly, who made you the thought of the thought police?
Why are you the arbiter of who is a "real" Columbiner and whose not?
The Columbiner community belongs to whoever feels like they are a part of it.
There are different kinds of Columbiners .That's true.
But anyone who wants can set up a blog on a social media network,and as long as they don't grossly violate that website's standards, they can have a blog there as long as they choose.And tumblr has extremely graphic sexual content overall.
If you are offended by the romanticizing of E &D, why not just avoid those sorts blogs and websites instead of trying to censor people? That should be easy enough to do.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1750
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:54 am

And yes, I feet so strongly about what I wrote that I felt the need to post it again.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:13 am

Ascension wrote:
You are extremely right i must say, these whores ruin the community and prevent research and are probably the reason alot of Columbine information is withheld from the public. They must be expelled from the real community as they taint the image of what most of us are. If i call myself a "columbiner" i dont want to be seen or linked to young prebubescent girls who romanticse Eric and Dylan and constantly talk about sex fantasies. We must expell them and gather and preserve information for the future generations.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], firstly, welcome to the forum. Regarding your reply, I was slightly with you at the beginning up until the end where it got kind of threaty? It kind of scared me a little. Now maybe you don't mean it that way and you're just blunt with your words, cause sometimes It's hard to detect the tone of something over the internet. For myself, I don't even feel completely hateful towards the sort of Eric and Dylan fans I'm referring to, cause end of the day I feel neutral about these things. I have no intentions to "eradicate" fangirls who are purely fangirls and honestly, it's not even possible. You can't address them one by one. The most we can do is stick to what this forum is for and focus on our research and conversations. I just hope that you don't mean what you said in an aggressive manner cause if you do then you might be on the same level as the type of fans I created this thread about in the first place.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ascension
Permanently Banned


Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-08-21

PostSubject: Re: When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack   Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i understand i'll will stick to my own, they just annoy me and do make a large part of the community and sometimes they even represent us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
When Those Who Romanticise The Boys Attack
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Boys v.s. Girls
» Drow Attack on the refugee camp
» The Brawny Boys
» Taking a Break from Boys [Closed to David Shuter]
» 111021 Girls' Generation's the 3rd Album Title Song 'The Boys' is Now Available on 'TAP SONIC'!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: