Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted

Go down 
+9
bubbles
Kiwik
sscc
James411
InsaneIntruder
sororityalpha
exceptionella
Falco
shades
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 11:30 am

shades

Contribution Points : 78986

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 11:31 am

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 11:47 am

Last edited by Tomb on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 7:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 7:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 74267
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 4:28 am

Tomb wrote:
You have the confession but no real WHY.

Because he's an idiot who led what he felt was a meaningless existence until he found something to do that gave him "purpose"? Sort of like how I imagine some terrorists are born. No-hopers going nowhere fast, clinging on to some sort of "cause" in life. Seriously, between re-reading his stupid manifesto and watching the interviews of the equally moronic company he kept, I'm about done for the day.

Back to top Go down
Scarletmoon

Scarletmoon

Contribution Points : 67054
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 2:55 pm

After watching the videos above, the 2 hour long confession video and everything else that goes with this shooting since it happened...I can't understand why he did this I don't even think he understands why. First of all those videos above are just special, I couldn't help but laugh at the way he is dressed and how obviously drunk he is missing the target a lot of the time and the surprise at the recoil. As for the confession video, my opinion on the laughing is not only that he is extremely nervous (rightfully so) but also he is following the tone of the room. Both of these FBI agents were somewhat lighthearted and they let out a laugh every now and then and have friendly conversation with him about where he lives and so on, obviously to make him feel comfortable to he will share as much info as possible. Watching that video you don't get the feeling you are watching someone confess to committing a mass shooting by how they talk, only by what they are saying. I also agree with the user who said that his memory seems spotty. This kid is an obvious pill head, I don't even need testimony from his friends to figure that out, I've been there, its obvious.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 2:35 pm

I don't see why a lot of us want to sympathise with Eric and Dylan, but as soon as something like this happens you all fall into the crowd and start wishing that he's beaten, murdered or write an age long paragraph about how much you dislike him. You cannot hate Dylann Roof and sympathise with E&D. They both had racist, sexist, and homophobic ideas, as well as the fact that they literally shot and killed thirteen people. Dylann Roof does not deserve death more than E&D did. He literally did the same thing... And who knows, perhaps if he lets the Jury bring up his mental health in court then the public will know if he's ill or not. And then everyone can stop being hypocritical and defend him because he's 'mentally ill and doesn't know what he's doing' until the next mass shooter comes along and gets everyone's wrath. I'm not defending anybody here, but...it's pointless to sympathise with Eric and Dylan and then attack Dylann.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 4:35 pm

explicit wrote:
I don't see why a lot of us want to sympathise with Eric and Dylan, but as soon as something like this happens you all fall into the crowd and start wishing that he's beaten, murdered or write an age long paragraph about how much you dislike him. You cannot hate Dylann Roof and sympathise with E&D. They both had racist, sexist, and homophobic ideas, as well as the fact that they literally shot and killed thirteen people. Dylann Roof does not deserve death more than E&D did. He literally did the same thing... And who knows, perhaps if he lets the Jury bring up his mental health in court then the public will know if he's ill or not. And then everyone can stop being hypocritical and defend him because he's 'mentally ill and doesn't know what he's doing' until the next mass shooter comes along and gets everyone's wrath. I'm not defending anybody here, but...it's pointless to sympathise with Eric and Dylan and then attack Dylann.
You're right he doesn't deserve a death sentence more than Dylan and Eric. All 3 of them deserve it. Between the
3 of them, they murdered over 20 people. Dylan and Eric killed themselves though so talking about them getting a death sentence is kind of pointless. And I can tell you exactly why some people sympathize with Dylan and Eric but not this guy. It's because of the horrible bullying that a lot of people believe Dylan and Eric went through. The fans of Dylan and Eric think that they shot up Columbine to get revenge on all the bullies that made their life a living hell. And since a lot of them can sympathize with that because they're bullied themselves, they feel like they understand where Dylan and Eric were coming from.

This moron, Roof, wanted to start a race war. He wasn't getting revenge for being bullied or made fun of. He was just an asshole who didn't like black people so he decided to murder some of them hoping it would start a huge war between whites and blacks.

And Roof's "mental state" is not going to help him out. They have him on video confessing that he knew exactly what he was doing and that he felt bad about doing it because they were being nice to him. He said he was thinking about just getting up and leaving. He said he sat there for over 20 minutes deciding if he should do it or not. Very rarely does someone get off for their crimes because of mental health. The only one I can even think of who got let off for their mental state was that woman who started a fire around her husband's bed while he was asleep because he beat her up every day for 15 years or something like that. She was found not guilty due to temporary insanity. And besides, Roof's trial is just about over. They already found him guilty and we are just waiting to see if he gets life in prison or the death penalty.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Last edited by Tomb on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 73426
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 6:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I get what you're saying, but I also agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I think some of it also has to do with E&D's ages as well; they were just high school kids who still lived with their parents, while all these modern mass shooters have all been adults. The fact that E&D killed themselves alone will attract sympathizers. But there is a difference between what happened at columbine and these more recent mass shootings. E&D spent 4 years at that school, they knew many people who went there, and basically had a negative history with it. Its not the same as say James Holmes targeting a crowded movie theater, or Adam Lanza choosing a nearby elementary school, or Dylann Roof walking into a church he had no affiliation with and shooting it up b/c he doesn't like black people. E&D had a more "understandable" reason behind what they did (even though we all know now that bullying wasn't their only reason) as well as a valid connection to where they chose to carry it out. The same can't be said about these other more recent mass shooters, and it just makes them look like copycats trying to outdo whoever the previous shooter was and see who can make the more shocking headline.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 4:13 pm

Tomb wrote:
No comparison. Roof may as well have well went to a hospital nursery and shot newborns. There is nothing comparable between Roof and Eric & Dylan.

Yeah, because shooting cowering kids who had never even met Eric or Dylan who were hiding under tables and laughing at them while they were dead/dying in pools of blood is really honorable and totally not in any way comparable to Dylann dumbfuck Roof shooting other innocent people.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 66891

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 4:38 pm

Eric and Dylan evoke sympathy from others, because somehow they raised the issue of bullying. This problem is fairly common and is close to many people (whether children or their parents). People are always more sympathetic to the fact that they understand that they are close. It is pure psychology.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 7:47 pm

Love wrote:
Eric and Dylan evoke sympathy from others, because somehow they raised the issue of bullying. This problem is fairly common and is close to many people (whether children or their parents). People are always more sympathetic to the fact that they understand that they are close. It is pure psychology.

Except people like to ignore the fact that there were numerous reports of Eric and Dylan bullying other students prior to the massacre and they even admitted doing it themselves.

Inb4 some long winded excuse from a sympathiser "I don't condone their actions, BUT..."

Lol @ people taking the moral high ground by basically decrying Roof as a disgusting POS (which he is) with no proper explanation for killing people, yet apparently it's not as bad for Eric and Dylan to have shot innocent kids they had never even met.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 66891

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 3:30 am

bubbles wrote:
Love wrote:

Except people like to ignore the fact that there were numerous reports of Eric and Dylan bullying other students prior to the massacre and they even admitted doing it themselves.

Inb4 some long winded excuse from a sympathiser "I don't condone their actions, BUT..."

Lol @ people taking the moral high ground by basically decrying Roof as a disgusting POS (which he is) with no proper explanation for killing people, yet apparently it's not as bad for Eric and Dylan to have shot innocent kids they had never even met.
I wonder Eric and Dylan could have so much more to mock other people if they had the opportunity. Limiting their own bullying - empathy for others or lack of opportunities? It's like, I know I don't like liars, though I lie a lot, I can, because I'm better than you. The double standards of society in which people cover up the struggle for a place under the sun.

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 8:35 am

Last edited by Tomb on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 11:40 am

Tomb wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You need to engage in something called reading comprehension. There IS a huge difference in shooting up a school where people have an opportunity to escape and entering a CHURCH and waiting until the congregants bow their heads to pray to open fire. HUGE difference, especially when it's a HATE CRIME because these people were nothing more to him than black. I don't condone ANY of these violent acts. YOU will not find a SINGLE post of mine where I have said anything good about any of these people.

This is not a school shooting, and it won't be treated as such, nor was Anders Breivik and countless others who shoot up malls, restaurants, etc.
Maybe this is an irrelevant distinction to you but this was a bible study group in a meeting room of the church and not a service in the sanctuary. They were sitting around tables, much like the victims in the library were. They attempted to hide underneath the tables just as the Columbine victims did. Eric and Dylan taunted Isaiah about his race, not because they were racist but because they were being cruel and their victims meant nothing to them. They taunted many of their victims, while Dylann Roof did not. What difference does the setting or race of the victims make when you're shooting at random, unarmed people that have nothing to do with your pain or anger?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 71131

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 3:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I understand that your question was not addressed to me, but I hope it is okay if I say my opinion.

Though both cases are really horrible and sad - in this direction, I cannot see any difference between the two -, the motivations were not completely the same in each case.

Eric and Dylan "just" wanted to rage freely. For them, it seemed to have no importance what the victims' race were. They were extremely angry and they did the shooting without control.
Dylann Roof picked his victims based on their race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Last edited by Tomb on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Last edited by Tomb on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Moonshadow wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I understand that your question was not addressed to me, but I hope it is okay if I say my opinion.

Though both cases are really horrible and sad - in this direction, I cannot see any difference between the two -, the motivations were not completely the same in each case.

Eric and Dylan "just" wanted to rage freely. For them, it seemed to have no importance what the victims' race were. They were extremely angry and they did the shooting without control.
Dylann Roof picked his victims based on their race.
I agree. The motivations were very different. Aside from the circumstances being similar, another reason I compared Columbine with the Charleston shooting is because the other poster suggested that Dylann Roof saw them as being "nothing more to him than black." I believe that in Columbine and every other shooting this same mindset exists. Victims are objects, often a representation of a concept that makes the killer angry and a means to an end. It's what motivates a person to kill people they have no personal relationship with. In Dylann's case, "black people" were the problem. To Anders Breivik, Marxists were the problem so he killed them. To Eric and Dylan, their zombie classmates were the problem so they killed them. I understand why a person might have more sympathy or understanding for one killer over another and I understand that motivations differ but I don't believe that there is a huge difference between Dylann Roof or any other mass shooter when it comes to their actual crimes and it seemed that this is what the other poster was saying.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 1:43 am

sscc wrote:
Tomb wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You need to engage in something called reading comprehension. There IS a huge difference in shooting up a school where people have an opportunity to escape and entering a CHURCH and waiting until the congregants bow their heads to pray to open fire. HUGE difference, especially when it's a HATE CRIME because these people were nothing more to him than black. I don't condone ANY of these violent acts. YOU will not find a SINGLE post of mine where I have said anything good about any of these people.

This is not a school shooting, and it won't be treated as such, nor was Anders Breivik and countless others who shoot up malls, restaurants, etc.
Maybe this is an irrelevant distinction to you but this was a bible study group in a meeting room of the church and not a service in the sanctuary. They were sitting around tables, much like the victims in the library were. They attempted to hide underneath the tables just as the Columbine victims did. Eric and Dylan taunted Isaiah about his race, not because they were racist but because they were being cruel and their victims meant nothing to them. They taunted many of their victims, while Dylann Roof did not. What difference does the setting or race of the victims make when you're shooting at random, unarmed people that have nothing to do with your pain or anger?

Thank you!

And for the person (Tomb) saying that the high school students had a chance to escape while Eric and Dylan were stalking the library and taunting them? What a joke. Eric and Dylan would've shot anyone who attempted to flee without their permission in a heartbeat. In fact, if you read the 11k, you'll realise a lot of the students hiding in the library got the feeling that Eric and Dylan were hoping for students to attempt to flee so they could gun them down in the open.

I'm glad the above poster was able to make what I said clear to you after your overreaction to my post and unnecessary comment attacking my reading comprehension skills. Maybe you need to sit and think about how you sound when you propose the absurd idea that apparently the unarmed high school kids in the library stood a good chance of escaping Eric and Dylan whilst they were being shot at under tables.

Tomb wrote:
There IS a difference in these crimes and they ALL deserve death.

Who deserves death? Eric, Dylan and Dylann? I never disputed that.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 7:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this is the last time I'll be posting on this subject, and probably any subject. I don't even know what your problem is with me, and I really don't care. I have bigger things to worry about than fucking Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold and Dildo Roof. Not that it matters at all to you, but I have a very limited time left on this earth and I have chosen to make each moment count. I have said again and again, so many people are living to die, but I'm dying to live.

As a matter of fact, I made my farewell post yesterday.

Have a wonderful, long life. I truly mean that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next