Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:43 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Question. How do I locate in the documents about the printing situation? Am I suppose to look for a report talking about it or do I find the stuff he scanned- sorry I'm confused. Help me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] bahahaha....I'm in the reports already I just don't know what to look for

in the columbine docs the ones I know of have this label:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That is for example 886 of the docs. I may be incorrect so feel free to correct me anyone but I believe these came off the school server directly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Here you go:

026797-026805 - Harris Files School Server - Book 1-9 uploaded 4/19/99 from 8:33am-8:45am

026806-026814 - Harris Files School Server - Tier 1-7 uploaded 4/19/99 from 8:09am-8:22am
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Thank you guys SO MUCH and beyond.

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Here you go:

026797-026805 - Harris Files School Server - Book 1-9 uploaded 4/19/99 from 8:33am-8:45am

026806-026814 - Harris Files School Server - Tier 1-7 uploaded 4/19/99 from 8:09am-8:22am

You are the best for page numbers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:39 am

So thanks to the help of the lovely people on here, looking at the pages Eric had scanned through the school server is a combination of drawings which represent carnage, stick figures in the supposed gear the boys would be in, plain RANDOM male stick figures, guns+explosions, and then also I think he wrote bomb-making related stuff, and then there were also sketches of diagrams of I think maybe the school.

Then there's a couple of pages that I just don't get but maybe some of you who have seen it do.

So what's the deal here? Do we know when these pages were found and by who? And did he do it on purpose? One day before NBK, what did he plan to say if he were confronted about it before 4/20? Was it his last hurrah, like a last fuck you, these represent 4/20 straight up and I know no one's gonna ask me about this?

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:27 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
So thanks to the help of the lovely people on here, looking at the pages Eric had scanned through the school server is a combination of drawings which represent carnage, stick figures in the supposed gear the boys would be in, plain RANDOM male stick figures, guns+explosions, and then also I think he wrote bomb-making related stuff, and then there were also sketches of diagrams of I think maybe the school.

Then there's a couple of pages that I just don't get but maybe some of you who have seen it do.

So what's the deal here? Do we know when these pages were found and by who? And did he do it on purpose? One day before NBK, what did he plan to say if he were confronted about it before 4/20? Was it his last hurrah, like a last fuck you, these represent 4/20 straight up and I know no one's gonna ask me about this?

Well Eric was always on the school's computers so no one would really question him using them. And I guess I don't know what capacity everyone used those computers. Did teachers check the servers from time to time to see what was there? Somehow I lean toward not. I think Eric just knew that no one would be looking at the server between the 19 and the 20.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonshadow
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it might be true: teachers and school staff in general had less interest and competance about the school servers than Eric did. Very typical.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I like your "last fuck you" idea!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:13 am

So I guess Eric knew it would not be seen immediately anyway so he did it as a serves you right sort of gesture once the massacre happened. I'm thinking hypothetically say he did it with the intention if someone asked him about it in time, what the hell would he have said, did he want attention from doing that.

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:17 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
So I guess Eric knew it would not be seen immediately anyway so he did it as a serves you right sort of gesture once the massacre happened. I'm thinking hypothetically say he did it with the intention if someone asked him about it in time, what the hell would he have said, did he want attention from doing that.

One thing I think about that is along the same lines...So during video class on the 19 Eric is sitting on the floor writing in a notebook. Nick R asks him what he is writing and he mentions plans for tomorrow. Then a totally off the cuff joke about how if they school is gone tomorrow it will be because of Eric....Like wow. foreshadowing without knowing it! No one knew if Eric heard that comment and if he did he didn't respond but I wonder how it made him feel that is if he did hear it. Knowing it was true and that he would be blowing them up tomorrow.

A lot of the stuff Eric put on the servers out of the context that it was written in was benign. Some things were very violent but I think he could have talked his way out of it if he was caught
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:24 am

My thing is if say he wanted to get caught and he did, does he want to lie about it or admit it? That's my initial wonder. Would he want to be like, yes, I am actually planning a murder and suicide. you caught me, save me - kind of thing. If he was gonna lie about it then the literal foreshadow is on the same level where it would be redundant cause no one took it seriously.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:27 am

So during video class on the 19 Eric is sitting on the floor writing in a notebook. Nick R asks him what he is writing and he mentions plans for tomorrow.

This exact moment was re-enacted in the movie Elephant, just a short trivia lol!

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:47 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
My thing is if say he wanted to get caught and he did, does he want to lie about it or admit it? That's my initial wonder. Would he want to be like, yes, I am actually planning a murder and suicide. you caught me, save me - kind of thing. If he was gonna lie about it then the literal foreshadow is on the same level where it would be redundant cause no one took it seriously.

I am just really unsure. I feel in a way like he would lie his way out of it. But on the other hand I do feel like he wanted to be caught. It is an interesting thing to think about Def if Dylan was around he would try to weasel out of it because he would never want Dylan to know if he did want out of it. If he even did.

If we go with the idea that Eric did want out of it, I would think if the right person, lets say for example someone finds out and calls his parents to the school and they confront him in a little room with no out, I think he would confess perhaps.

Then there is a part of me that goes no way....he would lie his ass off.

I am conflicted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:06 am

I am just really unsure. I feel in a way like he would lie his way out of it. But on the other hand I do feel like he wanted to be caught. It is an interesting thing to think about Def if Dylan was around he would try to weasel out of it because he would never want Dylan to know if he did want out of it. If he even did.

If we go with the idea that Eric did want out of it, I would think if the right person, lets say for example someone finds out and calls his parents to the school and they confront him in a little room with no out, I think he would confess perhaps.

I am conflicted

Same. and this is why Columbine is interesting and always fresh on our minds! Eric, I can't seem to figure you out!

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:08 am

And ditto on the point that he would weasel out of it if Dylan was there cause if we remember Eric hated letting people down and I don't think he could do that to Dylan on the spot.

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:25 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
And ditto on the point that he would weasel out of it if Dylan was there cause if we remember Eric hated letting people down and I don't think he could do that to Dylan on the spot.

I feel like neither wanted to let the other one down. I really don't think Dylan had any second thoughts or ever truly wanted out. So mostly I just feel like if anyone wanted out it was Eric
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:28 am

Okay what if Eric did get caught? Would Dylan have been dead already? I remember from a late entry in Dylan's journal that he tried reaching out to a particular girl just one last time. Probably a few weeks before the shooting. Could that have been a sign that Dylan might have second thoughts? Say that the girl had responded to his call would that have changed anything.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:37 am

Okay what if Eric did get caught? Would Dylan have been dead already? I remember from a late entry in Dylan's journal that he tried reaching out to a particular girl just one last time. Probably a few weeks before the shooting. Could that have been a sign that Dylan might have second thoughts? Say that the girl had responded to his call would that have changed anything.
I don't even know if the girl thing is possible because apparently this "girl" barely knew Dylan so it seemed like he was talking to a fantasy-idk how to explain this properly. IDK if HE would back out too, maybe they both wanted to back out but kept it to themselves, hoping something would happen to stop their plan so they wouldn't disappoint one another.
If Eric got caught, even one day before 4/20, and he ADMITTED to planning a massacre, then he had a good excuse and won't have to worry about Dylan. And why or when would Dylan be dead?

I wouldn't be surprised if end of the day they both got selfish and thought of themselves but couldn't garner the courage to tell it to one another so as to not tarnish their suicide-pact.

Last edited by ultraviolencelv on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:39 am

I don't know that Dylan had enough oomph in him to commit suicide on his own at that point in time. He needed the push. He was talking suicide for years but always came back. He did try to treat the depression on his own prior. I think without NBK he would have held on wallowing in his self pity. Perhaps if he did go to college he would have attempted suicide there.

View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:40 am

We also do not know who the girl was at all. Dylan said he tried to call her but who knows if he actually did. He never gave her the notes as far as we all know either. I think she would have eventually let him down. Most likely because he would have done nothing to make himself known to her.

View user profile
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:39 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
And why or when would Dylan be dead?
Let me rephrase that. Would Dylan have been dead anyways even if Eric was caught?

Jayhawk80

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:23 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:

I am conflicted

Same. and this is why Columbine is interesting and always fresh on our minds! Eric, I can't seem to figure you out!

Understatement of the century! Very Happy  The evidence he left behind was so contradictory that it's hard to figure out who the 'real' Eric was vs. the Reb 'character' and all of his tough-guy posturing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:01 pm

Dylan have been dead anyways even if Eric was caught?
When would he be dead? Cause what I meant was say Eric was caught was before NBK happened. I don't see a scenario where Dylan would end up dead? I think he would just continue living if NBK couldn't happen.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:07 pm

Like if Eric put himself in a position where he could get caught wouldn't it be because he wanted to and to get out of the massacre?

Moonshadow
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:23 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Dylan have been dead anyways even if Eric was caught?
When would he be dead? Cause what I meant was say Eric was caught was before NBK happened. I don't see a scenario where Dylan would end up dead? I think he would just continue living if NBK couldn't happen.

Yes, it is very unlikeable that Dylan could have done himself in without NBK & Eric's support. I think he would have continued to live (a miserable life), too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Yes, it is very unlikeable that Dylan could have done himself in without NBK & Eric's support. I think he would have continued to live (a miserable life), too.
Would Dylan have ended up like Kurt Cobain, River Phoenix, or Robin Williams if NBK never occured?

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:43 pm

When you say Dylan end up like them do you mean go through the lifestyle until their suicide? I would count robin out cause he managed to fool everyone with how Normal and happy he was until he took his own life. I would say maybe, maybe Dylan might do hard drugs or drink and then eventually just slip away to suicide but yet I feel that he might cave into living a normal life, find a girl and turn out okay.

aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:01 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
When you say Dylan end up like them do you mean go through the lifestyle until their suicide? I would count robin out cause he managed to fool everyone with how Normal and happy he was until he took his own life. I would say maybe, maybe Dylan might do hard drugs or drink and then eventually just slip away to suicide but yet I feel that he might cave into living a normal life, find a girl and turn out okay.
Pretty much, like drugs alcohol and maybe some hard partying nights that would eventually have lead him to suicide or maybe an accidental overdose. Even if he did live a normal life up into or adulthood he would have shared the same fate as Robin Williams. That is if he never received the treatment needed for his depression.

Last edited by aquillina on Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:31 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Pretty much, like drugs alcohol and maybe some hard partying nights that would eventually have lead him to suicide or maybe an accidental overdose. Even if he did live a normal life up into or adulthood he would have shared the same fate as Robin Williams. That is if he never received the treatment needed for his depression.

I am pretty certain as a teen Dylan became blackout drunk more than a few times. I can see him abusing alcohol. And let's say NBK didn't happen and Dylan went off to college, a college is a place full of drugs and alcohol so I think he could certainly have gone down that path.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:55 am

So overall what I have gotten back to the topic is that their surroundings were both ignorant yet also can't be blamed because at that point of time one would ever guess that something tragic was going to happen and planned by the two. Basically yeah in hindsight these were signs but at that point of time really easy to overlook.

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
So overall what I have gotten back to the topic is that their surroundings were both ignorant yet also can't be blamed because at that point of time one would ever guess that something tragic was going to happen and planned by the two. Basically yeah in hindsight these were signs but at that point of time really easy to overlook.

Yea...I mean it is so easy for all of us to go "well why didn't (Sue Tom Wayne Brooks whoever) notice what was going on?" There are and were so many kids going thru the exact same things Eric and Dylan did, that turn out to be perfectly normal. It is also easy to say that the environment caused NBK but it really isnt that simple either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Deliberate Signs Left or Mishaps?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next