Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Cho Deadshot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ascension
Banned
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-08-21

PostSubject: Cho Deadshot   Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:18 am

From my time with Virginia Tech i heard that Cho was a Deadshot with his Glock and Walther apparently it only took him seconds to clear rooms according to witnesses and out of his 32 kills 28 were headshots and killshots. To be honest it is strange how he had precision aim but he only spent small amount of time at gun ranges and i discard the MK Ultra conspiracy as unlikely but in my view he must of had a substantial amount of millitary training or at least frequent gun courses to master aim with a pistol especially dual weilding two at once. One possible anwser could be computer games? It is known that Cho played alot of Counter Strike and Counter Strike is the type of game where accuracy is extremely important and most time people will aim for the head and try an 1 tap another player if they are skilled at Counter Strike, linking on to this the same topic could also be traced to Adam Lanza and his remarkable accuarcy at Sandy Hook with a Bushmaster AR 15, Adam was a big contributor to the gaming world and his favourite game was Combat arms which he got 22,725 headshots alone in a space of 500 hours which proves alot of skill.

Personally i do believe that computer games can train to kill and if played enough on the same level or setting it can have a phsycological effect where on the day of their massacre they will try and copy and revise what they did during their digital training sessions and remember key tactics such as clearing rooms or where to aim and other tactical strategies. Also i do not believe computer games should be blamed for any massacre as that is stupid and it should come down to the perpetrator not something they used whch millions of others use worldwide, I myself am a big gamer and play games frequently and i have learned alot from war games and have been educated on many millitary tactics and thats why i belive Cho could of gained his amazing accuracy from computer games.

-Ascension
Back to top Go down
Falcolus

avatar

Posts : 516
Join date : 2014-09-13
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:08 am

Im a pretty decent "gamer" myself and can do quite the damage in games like Counterstrike, but nothing compared to alot of serious FPS gamers. In saying this I have done a bunch of shooting down at my local range (remembering I am from NZ where we have great gun laws). I recall having difficulty with the pistol, I shot 9mm in a fast paced competition style after doing a bunch of .177 air pistol target practice. I seriously failed despite getting decent with the air pistol.

The reality is shooting a gun in real life and in a game have nearly no similarities. The physical recoil, re-aiming after recoil, reloading, jammed round, all these things happen and are factors that will contribute the the performance of someone using a firearm. A game literally has minimal physical actions, moving a mouse a few centimeters and pushing down on keys using one hand. On the other hand shooting a gun in real life has major physical factors which will change the performance.

Pistols are relativity heavy and with a full clip that is a lot of lead and steel to hold. Now add in recoil which kicks back on the wrists and hands, making it uncomfortable to hold and hard to hold after doing this 17 times or so each magazine. This doesn't mean that either had good luck I am just saying that gaming has little practice capabilities besides reaction times, tactics etc.

I got this wee little air rifle which is fun to take pot shots in my basement. I can quite easily hit a small target on the other side of the room without much aiming or skill, a head is a big target when you look at it like this. Its not really very hard to aim at a close target in a small area, just handling the gun is the main concern.

Also to go on from your one tap thing. One tap literally is a round to nearly any part of the body besides maybe the flesh of the arms and legs, as seen in many instances survivable and sometimes ineffective on taking someone down. If you take a shot to most parts of the body you are gonna rag doll real quick.




_________________
*insert Columbine related quote here*
Back to top Go down
Ascension
Banned
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Im a pretty decent "gamer" myself and can do quite the damage in games like Counterstrike, but nothing compared to alot of serious FPS gamers.  In saying this I have done a bunch of shooting down at my local range (remembering I am from NZ where we have great gun laws). I recall having difficulty with the pistol, I shot 9mm in a fast paced competition style after doing a bunch of .177 air pistol target practice. I seriously failed despite getting decent with the air pistol.

The reality is shooting a gun in real life and in a game have nearly no similarities. The physical recoil, re-aiming after recoil, reloading, jammed round, all these things happen and are factors that will contribute the the performance of someone using a firearm. A game literally has minimal physical actions, moving a mouse a few centimeters and pushing down on keys using one hand. On the other hand shooting a gun in real life has major physical factors which will change the performance.

Pistols are relativity heavy and with a full clip that is a lot of lead and steel to hold. Now add in recoil which kicks back on the wrists and hands, making it uncomfortable to hold and hard to hold after doing this 17 times or so each magazine. This doesn't mean that either had good luck I am just saying that gaming has little practice capabilities besides reaction times, tactics etc.

I got this wee little air rifle which is fun to take pot shots in my basement. I can quite easily hit a small target on the other side of the room without much aiming or skill, a head is a big target when you look at it like this. Its not really very hard to aim at a close target in a small area, just handling the gun is the main concern.

Also to go on from your one tap thing. One tap literally is a round to nearly any part of the body besides maybe the flesh of the arms and legs, as seen in many instances survivable and sometimes ineffective on taking someone down. If you take a shot to most parts of the body you are gonna rag doll real quick.




[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I applaud you as make a extremely good point and i do understand the difference between shooting in a game and reality but i also was referring mainly to the phsycological aspect of training in a game for example like how Eric Harris explained how DOOM was burned into his mind and how everything he thought related back to DOOM and also how he picked out and constructed the shotguns to look like the shotgun and super shotgun from DOOM if you understand me.
Back to top Go down
Falcolus

avatar

Posts : 516
Join date : 2014-09-13
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:18 am

Yes that aspect of it totally makes sense. Games transport you into another reality and in the case of DOOM they really got into that killer mindset. Although 99.99% are not like this but they can definitely be a psychological trainer, as the past has shown.

_________________
*insert Columbine related quote here*
Back to top Go down
sscc
Top Contributor


Posts : 382
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:53 pm

Lanza was a gamer but he did go to the shooting range many times and supposedly shot his first gun as a child so he was very familiar with real life firearms. Aside from practice at the range, it has been said that he shot targets in his basement with a pellet gun in the months before the shooting. Some law enforcement have noted his reloading more often than necessary and speculated that he picked up the habit from gaming but that is unconfirmed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
linking on to this the same topic could also be traced to Adam Lanza and his remarkable accuarcy at Sandy Hook with a Bushmaster AR 15

When it comes to his accuracy there's a few things to mention. I think you probably mean that his wounded/killed ratio was very high? One reason for this is the fact that most of his victims were children who were gathered into a small bathroom from which there was no escape and he was using a rifle to spray bullets in their direction. He shot over 150 rounds, if I remember correctly, to kill less than 30 people so the fact that almost all of his wounded victims succumbed to their injuries is simply a testament to the fact that he kept shooting. I'd also wonder, is it really a sign of skill to kill a bunch of people (mostly children) as they huddle in a corner? I don't know that he would have required much experience at all (gaming or otherwise) to do this, even if he did have a long history with firearms.

With Cho, part of this was recently addressed in another thread. I don't believe he was actually wielding both guns at the same time.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here too, I think the issue remains that Cho's victims were nothing like the targets in video games. They were probably sitting at or under their desks. Again, how much skill is really necessary to kill sitting ducks who have no weapons of their own? Not very much like the video games he played, I'm sure.

I'm not much of a gamer but considering what Eric said about imagining his targets as monsters from DOOM, I do think it's worth mentioning gaming. I don't think that gaming makes people violent or helps them learn how to shoot but virtual combat could easily be used as a psychological training tool like you said. The US military has even recognized that digitally simulated warfare is a useful tool in training their soldiers.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by sscc on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

avatar

Posts : 360
Join date : 2015-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Can we just squash the "video games make you good at shooting" crap? I grew up around guns, I own two firearms myself, and I've played video games my entire life. How much did playing video games help my accuracy? Absolutely zero. Twiddling joy sticks and pressing buttons isn't the same as aiming and firing a gun. Video games don't allow a person to experience recoil or the deafening boom of a gunshot. They also don't teach you how to reload or take care of a firearm. What video games do is give people confidence that they can go out and shoot a gun. War games teach people basic battlefield tactics. Ultimately though its not even close to being a reliable teaching tool. There's a reason the army puts people through boot camp first before putting them in simulators, and not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White



Posts : 942
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 32
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Agreed with the computer games. I once won a game of football 83-0 but doesn't mean I should be England's next centre forward.
Back to top Go down
Online
Spac3case

avatar

Posts : 52
Join date : 2016-09-02
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:55 am

lol the virtual reality military training is such a joke.
I think its all show to get little kids interested.
Its worthless. It looks like a terrible engine too
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1572
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:29 am

I lol a bit at this. Video games do not make you great at shooting guns any more than they can teach you to fly a plane or even play a guitar!

I have played a surgeon game. Does that mean I am qualified to do real surgery now?

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
spidEr

avatar

Posts : 96
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 94
Location : germany

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:14 am

it was small class rooms, you couldn't really miss.
Back to top Go down
21stcenturyreality

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2016-12-01
Age : 16
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:06 pm

Yeah, and it could just be coincidence. In most cases it really only takes one bullet to kill somebody.
Back to top Go down
21stcenturyreality

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2016-12-01
Age : 16
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Also, was Cho really a deadshot? If I remember correctly, Cho put at least 2 to 3 bullets into people, which is a far cry from the idea.

_________________
Master of fate, bowing to no God, kingdom, or state.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3303
Join date : 2013-03-22
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:03 pm


Police investigators found that Cho fired more than 170 shots during the killing spree, evidenced by technicians finding at least 17 empty magazines at the scene.
Back to top Go down
hate99

avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2017-01-25
Age : 13
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:23 pm

I wish i was good at counter strike.

_________________
It's weird thinking about why you're in this body, here. Why were you chosen for this person?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:40 am

To be honest, in that situation, you wouldn't need half a brain cell or much training. There's nothing impressive, to me anyway, about his shooting skills during the massacre. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Someone mentioned earlier that he shot each person 2-3 times and that's pretty much true. When I saw the photos of the classrooms, I realized how really awful that had to have been. Nowhere to hide, no locks on the doors. Just sitting ducks.

Interestingly, I haven't heard much about his actual shooting skills at a firing range.
Back to top Go down
hate99

avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2017-01-25
Age : 13
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Tomb wrote:
To be honest, in that situation, you wouldn't need half a brain cell or much training. There's nothing impressive, to me anyway, about his shooting skills during the massacre. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Someone mentioned earlier that he shot each person 2-3 times and that's pretty much true. When I saw the photos of the classrooms, I realized how really awful that had to have been. Nowhere to hide, no locks on the doors. Just sitting ducks.

Interestingly, I haven't heard much about his actual shooting skills at a firing range.
This may not be a very good comparison but Charles Whitman, a marine sharpshooter, mostly got chest shots in the U.T. Tower shootings. But I do think Cho was exceptionally good with pistols.

_________________
It's weird thinking about why you're in this body, here. Why were you chosen for this person?
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

avatar

Posts : 74
Join date : 2017-04-12
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Cho Deadshot   Mon May 08, 2017 5:38 am

Don't forget the tactical reloads.
Adam lanza also used tactical reloads.
Back to top Go down
 
Cho Deadshot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Virginia Tech Massacre-
Jump to: