Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79536
Forum Reputation : 38

How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School? Empty
PostSubject: How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?   How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:10 am

Before they started shooting inside? And was this period before the cafeteria students evacuated? Meaning the kids inside might've noticed the shooting taking place outside? I know Brooks' dad had said on a radio show that Aaron was in the cafeteria when the shooting started and that he might've witnessed Danny getting shot.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95974
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?   How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:56 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Before they started shooting inside? And was this period before the cafeteria students evacuated? Meaning the kids inside might've noticed the shooting taking place outside? I know Brooks' dad had said on a radio show that Aaron was in the cafeteria when the shooting started and that he might've witnessed Danny getting shot.

Not sure on exact timespan but the kids in the commons did witness the shooting outside. Many went to the windows and saw the kids go down. Some were still there when Dylan entered the commons then exited.

And of course still yet some were still there when Eric and Dylan entered trying to set off the bombs.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?   How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 12:15 pm

Eric shot the first victim at 11:19 AM. They continued shooting outside until 11:23 AM. At 11:24 AM Eric entered the west entrance and exchanged gunfire with Neil Gardner as he stood in between the set of double doors. After Eric stops shooting at Neil, he turns around to walk into the school through the 2nd door (he's still standing in between the 2 sets of doors). At this point in time, Pattie Neilson is walking towards the doors. He shoots at her and Brian Anderson. Patti and Brian run into the Library. At 11:25 AM, Patti calls 911.

From 11:25 AM - 11:29 AM, Dylan and Eric shoot their guns east and then south (down the Library hallway). At 11:26 AM, Dave Sanders is shot as he turns the corner of the science lab hallway to enter the Library hallway. They continue shooting their guns and running around the hallways until 11:29 AM.

At 11:29 AM Dylan and Eric enter the Library. From 11:29 AM to 11:36 AM Dylan and Eric shoot at students and shoot at cops out the Library windows. At 11:36 AM they leave the Library.

From 11:36 AM - 11:44 AM, Dylan and Eric roam the hallways shooting and throwing pipe bombs. At 11:44 AM they enter the Cafeteria via the staircase at the end of the Library hallway. At 11:44 AM, Eric starts shooting at the propane bombs. He's standing at the bottom of the staircase landing. They remain in the Cafeteria until 11:47 AM. They then head back up the stairs they just came down.

They continue to walk around the hallways shooting and setting off bombs. This goes on from 11:47 AM - 11:56 AM. At 11:56 AM they go back down to the Cafeteria. They remain in the Cafeteria until exactly 12:00 PM. At 12:00 PM they are seen on the security cameras going back up the stairs that lead up to the Library.

At around 12:02 PM Dylan and Eric go back to the Library. From 12:02 PM - 12:05 PM, they once again shoot at police through the Library windows. The shooting stops at 12:05 PM.

Dylan and Eric then commit suicide sometime between 12:05 PM - 12:08 PM. At 2:38 PM, Patrick Ireland climbs out the Library window.

As we all know, there was a security camera tape change. When the tape starts recording again at 11:21 AM, the students are already aware that something is going on outside. They can hear the shooting and are looking out the Cafeteria windows. At 11:22 AM, the students start hiding under tables. Then at 11:24 AM (when Dylan and Eric enter the school), all of the students come out from under the tables and run out of the school.

I actually put together a diagram with a timeline for everything that happened that day. If you're interested in looking at it, I put it on the forum's Facebook page. Here is a link to the album.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

anna444 and mflergen like this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?   How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 8:46 am

Wow so it was.... Really short. This includes the shooting of Anne Marie and her friends and In sues book some random kids who climbed over to fence to escape.
It's actually pretty quick.

shades

PostSubject: Re: How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?   How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 8:47 am

So kids were actually still eating lunch when the ruckus started outside?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?   How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 8:53 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
So kids were actually still eating lunch when the ruckus started outside?

Yes. For some they hadn't even started. Many were still in the lines to get their lunch
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?   How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 9:49 am

In hindsight it's extremely bizzare that while you're eating your Friend had just gotten shot. This is almost the same to students running out and just realising that it's Danny or Rachel on the ground.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?   How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 10:19 am

I guess I think about it a lot. Danny, Lance and Sean were sitting eating. Decided to walk outside and are shot.
The kids they were with moments earlier are watching them be shot. It is insane and sad to think about.

shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?   How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 10:39 am

It is too.sad. The three of them were just hanging out and they wanted to go for a smoke break, and then just like that, they're all down. With the dr.pepper on the ground. It hurts my heart when Sean said that he visits that spot and would leave a cigar on the pavement for Danny.

PostSubject: Re: How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?   How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Long Were The Boys Shooting Outside Of The School?
Page 1 of 1