Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eased into killing

Go down 
+10
spinvault
Draw_It_White
NotYourRobot
Kiwik
sscc
Lizpuff
Jenn
shades
Nirvana92
TheSpiral
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 73849
Forum Reputation : 0

Eased into killing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 3:16 am

This might be a bit off topic but why does everyone keep saying Eric was stone-cold silent during the library murders? Sure he wasn't wooping it up like Dylan was but he wasn't a psycho killing machine either. He had a conversation with Bree and then let her live, whether by choice or because he was distracted by Dylan calling him over to torment Isaiah, is completely at odds with the whole they were in another reality theory.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 7:15 am

NotYourRobot wrote:
This might be a bit off topic but why does everyone keep saying Eric was stone-cold silent during the library murders? Sure he wasn't wooping it up like Dylan was but he wasn't a psycho killing machine either. He had a conversation with Bree and then let her live, whether by choice or because he was distracted by Dylan calling him over to torment Isaiah, is completely at odds with the whole they were in another reality theory.

Well...it's exactly that. Sure he wasn't totally silent but it's because he wasn't hooting and hollering, he went about the massacre very robotic and concentrated, made a few remarks too and that's it. Yeah he had that conversation with Bree and, that's pretty much it. I don't get what you mean. Are you trying to say he's not completely in a trance because he actually conversed with Bree? If that's the case, somehow he made the mistake of talking and questioning Bree too Long that she was humanised and emphatised enough to escape from dying. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also said that the commotion going on over at Isaiah's side irritated him way too much to continue talking to Bree.

Last edited by ultraviolencelv on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 2:27 pm

NotYourRobot wrote:

He also was shouting military type orders out to Dylan. He certainly wasn't silent
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
NotYourRobot wrote:

He also was shouting military type orders out to Dylan.  He certainly wasn't silent

I heard he was shouting orders to Dylan too, but only in the commons (check the bombs, check the windows etc...).

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 5:16 pm

PotatoSallad wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
NotYourRobot wrote:

He also was shouting military type orders out to Dylan.  He certainly wasn't silent

I heard he was shouting orders to Dylan too, but only in the commons (check the bombs, check the windows etc...).

They had a whole entire set of arm commands too. I wonder if they ever used those.
Back to top Go down
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 73849

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 7:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] What do you mean? They had discussed hand signals beforehand? That's terrifying to be honest
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 7:21 pm

NotYourRobot wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] What do you mean? They had discussed hand signals beforehand? That's terrifying to be honest

Yes. Eric had a whole list of them. For example, Gun pointed to head=Suicide. It is quite bleak.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 7:21 pm

Here is the list:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Eric also made comments about glasses and the quote from Monty Python. He was far from silent - I think Dylan just had the more audible voice through the alarms and screams.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Yeah basically all of the above. For some reason I'm positive they used hand signals. I do feel that they did the suicide signal and then just went with it.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 8:03 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Yeah basically all of the above. For some reason I'm positive they used hand signals. I do feel that they did the suicide signal and then just went with it.

I can see them using the signals. I don't know that I think they used the suicide one though IDK I just always feel it was somewhat of a surprise to Dylan that Eric shot himself so quick. I don't think he saw it coming.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 pm

I think they might've used the suicide signal but Eric doing it ASAP was a surprise to Dylan yes. Like I think they both knew it was time but Dylan prolly thought they'd do it same time together.

spinvault

Contribution Points : 72578

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 9:56 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
I think they might've used the suicide signal but Eric doing it ASAP was a surprise to Dylan yes. Like I think they both knew it was time but Dylan prolly thought they'd do it same time together.
I agree. I think Eric had reached his breaking point with failure - the bombs not going off in the cafeteria, his broken nose from the gun recoil, all the police presence and the low body count- he just wanted it to be over. He probably gave the hand sign for suicide. I think Eric knew exactly what type of gunshot wound would cause immediate death and shot himself before Dylan knew what was happening. I wonder if Dylan chose the Tec-9 for his suicide because that was the way he wanted or couldn't manage the shotgun.He wasn't the most efficient handling guns as I believe he pointed a gun with the safety off directly at Eric on one of the basement tapes. Did he know that a  head gunshot wound from his Tec-9 would not cause instant death? I would really like to knew what thoughts went through their minds that day especially from the time they entered the library the first time until the end.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 10:11 pm

spinvault wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
I agree. I think Eric had reached his breaking point with failure - the bombs not going off in the cafeteria, his broken nose from the gun recoil, all the police presence and the low body count- he just wanted it to be over. He probably gave the hand sign for suicide. I think Eric knew exactly what type of gunshot wound would cause immediate death and shot himself before Dylan knew what was happening. I wonder if Dylan chose the Tec-9 for his suicide because that was the way he wanted or couldn't manage the shotgun.He wasn't the most efficient handling guns as I believe he pointed a gun with the safety off directly at Eric on one of the basement tapes. Did he know that a  head gunshot wound from his Tec-9 would not cause instant death? I would really like to knew what thoughts went through their minds that day especially from the time they entered the library the first time until the end.

I think he saw too many movies where the guy kills himself/someone else with a shot to the temple and thought it would do it. I don't think that Eric's manner of death had any impact. And yea he did point the guy at Eric many times. He had really no idea what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 101438
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 1:16 am

I agree with everything PotatoSallad said and there is a lot of evidence for this view.

Dylan spared several people in the course of the massacre. Dylan Klebold stepped over Sean Graves and spoke to him but didn't shoot him. He backed away from Lauren Waterbury when she was standing right in his tracks. He told John Savage to flee.

Dylan also passed up opportunities to hurt large crowds of students. After Dylan stepped over Sean Graves, he could have fired into the cafeteria and killed more than 13 students in a few seconds but he did not. When he went into the school himself, he could have shot fleeing students in the back, but he only shot Stephanie Munson in the foot, which either shows poor aim or a conscious decision to shoot at the floor and at inanimate objects

Dylan discarded more ammunition than he fired. Dylan left 34 rounds in his car in the parking lot. He left a 50-round magazine outside with 40 rounds in it. He dropped another 7 shotgun shells near the entrance to the library. That's 83 bullets discarded to the 67 he fired. Makes you wonder if he and Eric did not have some tacit agreement to give up when the ammo ran out and Dylan was trying to hasten the end.

Though I do not think it is as simple as saying that Dylan alone was reluctant to kill. For example, Eric did not even go into the school until he had spent several minutes shooting at the soccer field and police outside, essentially guaranteeing that most had fled. There was nothing stopping Eric from going into the cafeteria like Dylan. Eric had to have known that he could shoot more students in the cafeteria than on the soccer field. Quite possibly it was cowardice on his part or fear of being jumped, but the desire of both to confront and kill students seems to have ebbed and flowed over the course of the hour.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 1:21 am

lasttrain wrote:
I agree with everything PotatoSallad said and there is a lot of evidence for this view.

Dylan spared several people in the course of the massacre. Dylan Klebold stepped over Sean Graves and spoke to him but didn't shoot him. He backed away from Lauren Waterbury when she was standing right in his tracks. He told John Savage to flee.

Dylan also passed up opportunities to hurt large crowds of students. After Dylan stepped over Sean Graves, he could have fired into the cafeteria and killed more than 13 students in a few seconds but he did not. When he went into the school himself, he could have shot fleeing students in the back, but he only shot Stephanie Munson in the foot, which either shows poor aim or a conscious decision to shoot at the floor and at inanimate objects

Dylan discarded more ammunition than he fired. Dylan left 34 rounds in his car in the parking lot. He left a 50-round magazine outside with 40 rounds in it. He dropped another 7 shotgun shells near the entrance to the library. That's 83 bullets discarded to the 67 he fired. Makes you wonder if he and Eric did not have some tacit agreement to give up when the ammo ran out and Dylan was trying to hasten the end.

Though I do not think it is as simple as saying that Dylan alone was reluctant to kill. For example, Eric did not even go into the school until he had spent several minutes shooting at the soccer field and police outside, essentially guaranteeing that most had fled. There was nothing stopping Eric from going into the cafeteria like Dylan. Eric had to have known that he could shoot more students in the cafeteria than on the soccer field. Quite possibly it was cowardice on his part or fear of being jumped, but the desire of both to confront and kill students seems to have ebbed and flowed over the course of the hour.

Exactly!

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 8:43 am

I don't know [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. It's hard to think that it's just as simple as that; that Dylan had to be eased into killing. And why would he, why would he let people go? And now Eric had some reluctance too? Even if I were to settle on that I go back to how they were in the library and they most certainly weren't afraid executing kids face to face even, when most amateurs can't kill someone they look at or talk to. The only thing I can feel is that all the "sparing of people" and shooting aimlessly was at the beginning when I would understand if the high had not kicked in yet.
Here's a way to make it clearer; did Dylan kill anyone when Eric wasn't looking? The people that he shot, Eric was with him yes?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 3:42 pm

I tend to think the facts lasttrain pointed out are interesting but do not show any real remorse or anything on Dylan's part. Yes he did seem to spare some people. Tim Castle and Savage for example, but I in no way think that means he didn't want to kill. Maybe he just didn't want to kill everyone like Eric did. Maybe there were still some good people out there in Dylan's eyes as opposed to Eric who seemed to want everyone (Except for a few non mentioned) dead.

As for dropping ammo....I think it points more to his inexperience and nervousness. I think he forgot the clip in his car and fumbled and dropped the other ammo.

Sure he didn't shoot at all possible times that he had targets but I think at that point when he entered the cafe he had a mind to check the bombs.

And I also blame his missing victims not as sparing someone or trying to give warning type shots but to the fact that he was a terrible aim and probably high on adrenaline. Guy couldn't even really hit a bowling pin to save his own life.

TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:01 pm

Why does everyone say that they spared Tim Castle, as far as I know he ran outside, they shot at him and missed and he ran back inside. They just missed not spared him. Just bugs me.

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:12 pm

PotatoSallad wrote:
Why does everyone say that they spared Tim Castle, as far as I know he ran outside, they shot at him and missed and he ran back inside. They just missed not spared him. Just bugs me.

Tim was in the ceiling near the commons. Supposedly Dylan stuck his head up into the ceiling and saw Tim. Tim states he had a major opportunity to shoot him since he had no cover but that Dylan recognized him and didn't shoot him. He then said Dylan then simply went back down.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:16 pm

Yeah Dylan saw him face to face. Dylan knew Tim beforehand. They used to play what was it, baseball fantasy league? together.

Contribution Points : 101124
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Dylan wasn't eased at all... This one line and his action tells me he was in it...

"Sure.... I'll help you....." BOOM
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Thank YOU [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

TheSpiral

deathmedic wrote:
Dylan wasn't eased at all... This one line and his action tells me he was in it...

"Sure.... I'll help you....." BOOM

I don't beleve that exchange ever happened.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:38 pm

PotatoSallad wrote:
Why would you deny witness account?

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:39 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
PotatoSallad wrote:
Why would you deny witness account?

Yes I would.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:40 pm

Quote :
Dylan shot Danny Rohrbough, who was on the floor, in chest and stomach at close range. Lance Kirklin, who’d been injured from shots to his chest and leg, was lying next to the stairwell and saw a shape loom over him. He had no idea who it was, and asked for help.

It was Dylan, who said: “Help you? Sure, I’ll help you.” He fired; Lance felt something warm near his jaw, heard Dan Rohrbough blow out his final breath, and lost consciousness.

Do you wanna ask Lance or Sean themselves?

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lance and Sean survived, I feel the most for those two so I really wouldn't try doubting what they experienced that day.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:48 pm

I do have some question in my mind about whether or not that exchange happened. Same as I question Richard. But if it did happen that was downright bone chilling

shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:49 pm

LANCE Kirklin got that said to him. Lance. He didn't get his face deformed and watch his friend die infront of him for him to be doubted. Why would he make a sentence up? Cause he was mad at Dylan? Do you think they're that bored?

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 pm

That's exactly what I thought, we shouldn't have to beleve every word a just because a witness says so. No disrespect, bu I truly don't beleve that exchange happened. I think he shot lance but didn't say anything and thought he was dead.

Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101124
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:52 pm

Yeah thats something I don't think he would make up. That poor guy has to look in the mirror everyday and relive/see that moment of his life that took less than a blink of an eye.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:54 pm

What are the statistics of murder survivors deciding to make statements up just because they're at the center of attention and they are mad at their attacker? And does this tie to wanting to NOT believe that Dylan was that evil?

I sympathise with Eric and Dylan somehow, I do, sometimes I talk about them like I'm fans of them, but I cannot forget that they were pieces of shit that day and also Lance and Sean's story is the saddest for me that day. They lost a best friend within them and Sean had to play dead for hours just to get out of there alive.

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 6:00 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
What are the statistics of murder survivors deciding to make statements up just because they're at the center of attention and they are mad at their attacker? And does this tie to wanting to NOT believe that Dylan was that evil?

I sympathise with Eric and Dylan somehow, I do, sometimes I talk about them like I'm fans of them, but I cannot forget that they were pieces of shit that day and also Lance and Sean's story is the saddest for me that day. They lost a best friend within them and Sean had to play dead for hours just to get out of there alive.

I don't think he made it up because he was the center of attention or because he was mad at Eric and Dylan. I think it was just one of those thing that materialises after a traumatic event, which is why I'll be forever sceptical of this exchange.

Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 6:01 pm

It doesn't make me feel any less sorry for Lance.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 6:10 pm

I don't know. I doubt Richard, but I don't doubt Lance and Sean. I wish that I could send a text to hell and ask Dylan if he said that.

This is Lance's state after recovering. Do you think he's in that state of mind to decide to make that statement up? He's trying to remember what happened to him before he lost consciousness.

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 6:16 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
I don't know. I doubt Richard, but I don't doubt Lance and Sean. I wish that I could send a text to hell and ask Dylan if he said that.

This is Lance's state after recovering. Do you think he's in that state of mind to decide to make that statement up? He's trying to remember what happened to him before he lost consciousness.

Poor guy...
I just don't know. I'll never know, till the day I die.

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 3:37 am

shades wrote:

I honestly don't believe Dylan is in Hell.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 72623

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 6:11 am

PaintItBlack wrote:

Very interesting for you to say that. Do you think he's in some kind of limbo land?

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 12:50 pm

I would agree only cause I'm skeptical about heaven and hell, I try to tell myself death is sleeping for good your soul wanders to idk, yeah maybe a limbo paradise or whatever. Maybe Eric and Dylan are resting at the place they constantly envision in their head.

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:50 pm

shades wrote:
I would agree only cause I'm skeptical about heaven and hell, I try to tell myself death is sleeping for good your soul wanders to idk, yeah maybe a limbo paradise or whatever. Maybe Eric and Dylan are resting at the place they constantly envision in their head.

I like to beleve that there is no preset heaven, but when we die we each go to our own personal heaven and stay there until we are born again in a different time.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Potatosallad wrote:
Our own personal heaven
I really like that. I always say to myself; Paradise is a creation in your mind. Perhaps after death your soul wanders to exactly where you've always dreamed of

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 5:56 pm

aquillina wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

Very interesting for you to say that. Do you think he's in some kind of limbo land?

No, I don't.
Because of his incredibly young age at death, I believe he is in Heaven.I don't believe in a limbo.
I believe in a traditional Heaven and Hell as the Bible describes them.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 6:02 pm

shades wrote:

There was one a long thread on this that went on for close to two weeks about a year ,year a half ago where this was discussed in detail but my basic belief is that E &D are in Heaven because they died so young they didn't have the spiritual maturity to realize the full and lasting impact of their actions.
I'm aware that others disagree but that's my belief.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 6:23 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
but my basic belief is that E &D are in Heaven because they died so young they didn't have the spiritual maturity to realize the full and lasting impact of their actions.
I'm aware that others disagree but that's my belief.

I know what you mean. I understand what you're saying by that explanation. It might be true.
End of the day, afterlife, spirituality and religion isn't something that everyone will agree with.

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 5:43 pm

I would point out that Dylan inflicted a non-lethal wound on Lance. I believe he intentionally shot him in the jaw.

In the basement tapes, Dylan talks about shooting a student in the jaw. He threatens a student that he believes was unfairly blessed with a square jaw. This may have been a form of hatred that derived from a poor self-image about his own jutting jawline.

In any case, I believe Lance was Dylan's first attempt to get himself involved in the shooting, and he only ended up being freaked out by what he'd done. He steps over the next person he sees without shooting and he doesn't shoot to kill until Eric chastises him before they go into the library.

Later of course he is able to kill without a conscience or mercy but not at first.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 5:53 pm

lasttrain wrote:
I would point out that Dylan inflicted a non-lethal wound on Lance. I believe he intentionally shot him in the jaw.

So Dylan didn't need any easing but he used Lance as his starter practise and he was infact, freaked out? So are you trying to say he DID need some easing because Eric had to do that? Because he didn't kill anyone with his first few shots?

So the evilness of shooting lance doesn't justify him not needing to be eased you are trying to say, because he didn't kill him.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 5:57 pm

That's a very reaching look with wanting to shoot someone specifically in the jaw but once again [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you spill some magic that got me thinking and then leave.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 6:11 pm

I don't know, maybe the easing is not that far off. John for example, was killed by Dylan's second shot, while Eric was around. A couple of times some students simply get injured before a second shot finally killed them.

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 12:53 am

I believe there is evidence Dylan was specifically targeting his jaw.

In the basement tapes Dylan remarks about a sophomore student (not Lance), ""He doesn’t deserve the jaw evolution gave him . . . look for his jaw. It won’t be on his body.”

Dylan of course had a very prominent jawline, so it is possible self-hatred motivated Dylan's decision to target Lance's jaw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eased into killing   Eased into killing - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eased into killing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next