Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Why eric was taking Luvox ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
afrrs
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:34 pm

eric was taking luvox and he had traces of it in his body after he was dead , the autopsy showed . But i dont understand why he was taking it because :

" Fluvoxamine ( brand names: Faverin, Fevarin, Floxyfral, Dumyrox and Luvox) is used primarily for the treatment of obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD),[3] and is also used to treat major depressive disorder and anxiety disorders such as panic disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.Fluvoxamine CR (controlled release) is approved to treat social anxiety disorder. "

eric had none of this symptoms .

he was taking another medication before luvox , right ? What was it ? i cant remember .
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:02 pm

He was taking Zoloft before Luvox. They took him off of Zoloft because he was having suicidal and homicidal thoughts. Luvox is basically the same thing as Zoloft though. They are both SSRI's.

And the reason that Eric was seeing a doctor to begin with was because the court made him after he and Dylan broke into the van.

And Eric filled out forms himself saying that he did have anxiety, suicidal thoughts, homicidal thoughts, anger issues, mood swings and obsessive thoughts.
Back to top Go down
afrrs
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
He was taking Zoloft before Luvox. They took him off of Zoloft because he was having suicidal and homicidal thoughts. Luvox is basically the same thing as Zoloft though. They are both SSRI's.

And the reason that Eric was seeing a doctor to begin with was because the court made him after he and Dylan broke into the van.

And Eric filled out forms himself saying that he did have anxiety, suicidal thoughts, homicidal thoughts, anger issues, mood swings and obsessive thoughts.

yes , those forms , i forgot all about those .
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:48 am

I think if his counseling was anything like his diversion papers then his counselor attached to the wrong diagnosis. He seemed to latch onto his obsessive thoughts and racing mind. Ignoring the homicidal thoughts. Quite possibly he thought it wasn't a true homicidal feeling for him but he was wrong.

lilypadlane

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:10 pm

I've wondered if Eric was misdiagnosed. Now that I've come out as having Bipolar, I'll go ahead and elaborate on why I want so badly to see Eric's therapy notes and medical records.

Back when I was first diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, I had a similar experience on Paxil. I had initially been diagnosed with depression, was prescribed Paxil, and sent on my merry way. Fast forward a few weeks, I was having racing thoughts, suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, obsessive compulsive thoughts, and the other fun stuff that comes with having Bipolar Disorder . I had no idea that the thoughts were coming from an episode triggered by an incomplete medication course, but I did know something was desperately wrong with me and I sought help. I spent several days in the hospital, was diagnosed and stabilized, and was sent home back as my usual self.

Given this experience, I wonder if the Luvox or Zoloft may have triggered a full blown episode that could have been stopped in it's tracks had someone added a mood stabilizer & antipsychotic .

Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:05 am

i dont understand why eric said all that on those forms about himself . If he had lied he wouldnt have to take the medication .
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Maybe it's because he did want to get help.

That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
afrrs
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:14 pm

Maybe it's because he did want to get help.

i think he was trying to prove a point .

and point was that he could give all the signs that he was up to something brutal ( nbk ) and nobody would suspect anything even though he put all that on those forms .
Back to top Go down
spidEr

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:52 pm

"my doctor wants to put me on medication to stop thinking about so many things and to stop getting angry."
sums it up for me. Those pills just rot your brain and turn you into a zombie. Which is what they wanted to do for him.
Back to top Go down
bubbles
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:09 pm

"my doctor wants to put me on medication to stop thinking about so many things and to stop getting angry."
sums it up for me. Those pills just rot your brain and turn you into a zombie. Which is what they wanted to do for him.

Yeah, better for mentally ill people to refuse any medication and run riot (yes, I know Luvox was detected in Eric's bloodstream according to his autopsy, but medication can actually really help some mentally ill people live their lives without multitudes of issues for themselves and others)
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:10 am

i dont understand why eric said all that on those forms about himself . If he had lied he wouldnt have to take the medication .

Extreme mental discomfort sometimes makes you want to put down all of the lies you've been making up for years just to search for a split second of inner peace.
Back to top Go down
Ldude

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:42 am

Last edited by Ldude on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bubbles
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:02 am

No, I wasn't suggesting that. Medication for mental illness is obviously useful in many cases, though.
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:38 am

Extreme mental discomfort sometimes makes you want to put down all of the lies you've been making up for years just to search for a split second of inner peace.

That's perfect, and likely so. Hence I said he finally needed to call for help, since affrs' question was why he didn't lie so he wouldn't have to take medicine

That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down

Why eric was taking Luvox ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1