Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:22 pm

I wasn't too familiar with this case before joining this forum and I just read My Twisted World. Did anyone else read this almost as a parody at times? I mean some of it was straight up funny, and I kept forgetting that this was someone's autobiography. He's a decent writer, but I laughed to myself at how privileged he was yet it wasn't good enough. So many opportunities he had that he took advantage of. I felt sorry for him here and there and his inability to talk to girls, and his level of delusion seems worse than Eric or Dylan's. Then again this guy wrote down his whole life story and all his thoughts, feelings and experiences leading up to his death, where we E&D just wrote about what they felt at the time they were writing. There were times where Elliot reminded me more of Dylan and other times where he reminded me more of Eric, but the similarities to me were more few and far between.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X-Raided

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wasn't too familiar with this case before joining this forum and I just read My Twisted World. Did anyone else read this almost as a parody at times? I mean some of it was straight up funny, and I kept forgetting that this was someone's autobiography. He's a decent writer, but I laughed to myself at how privileged he was yet it wasn't good enough. So many opportunities he had that he took advantage of. I felt sorry for him here and there and his inability to talk to girls, and his level of delusion seems worse than Eric or Dylan's. Then again this guy wrote down his whole life story and all his thoughts, feelings and experiences leading up to his death, where we E&D just wrote about what they felt at the time they were writing.  There were times where Elliot reminded me more of Dylan and other times where he reminded me more of Eric, but the similarities to me were more few and far between.

The book is very funny at times, because Elliot is ridiculous with some of the things he says and does. I agree, the way the book is written makes it surreal to think it was actually the autobiography of a mass killer. For most of the book, you could believe it is the autobiography of any American. I have to disagree about the privileged part, however He had material items, but what is that really worth if you're literally incapable of having any social or love life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:19 am

I wasn't too familiar with this case before joining this forum and I just read My Twisted World. Did anyone else read this almost as a parody at times? I mean some of it was straight up funny, and I kept forgetting that this was someone's autobiography. He's a decent writer, but I laughed to myself at how privileged he was yet it wasn't good enough. So many opportunities he had that he took advantage of. I felt sorry for him here and there and his inability to talk to girls, and his level of delusion seems worse than Eric or Dylan's. Then again this guy wrote down his whole life story and all his thoughts, feelings and experiences leading up to his death, where we E&D just wrote about what they felt at the time they were writing.  There were times where Elliot reminded me more of Dylan and other times where he reminded me more of Eric, but the similarities to me were more few and far between.

The book is very funny at times, because Elliot is ridiculous with some of the things he says and does. I agree, the way the book is written makes it surreal to think it was actually the autobiography of a mass killer. For most of the book, you could believe it is the autobiography of any American. I have to disagree about the privileged part, however He had material items, but what is that really worth if you're literally incapable of having any social or love life.

Very true. I was surprised just how much this guy remembered of his life! Like every birthday and what he did on certain days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spac3case

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:40 am

is that 138 pages typed? or written? double spaced?
because JESUS THAT IS A LOT

XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:43 am

is that 138 pages typed? or written? double spaced?
because JESUS THAT IS A LOT

XD

Single spaced and yea he is very wordy. But it is def worth a read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spac3case

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:44 am

single spaced typed right?

and why is it worth a read? he honestly seems like an idiot, and a liar and a drama queen.

yup im name calling. honestly his videos make me so fucking angry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:51 am

single spaced typed right?

and why is it worth a read?  he honestly seems like an idiot, and a liar and a drama queen.

yup im name calling.  honestly his videos make me so fucking angry

Yes typed.

I just thought it was very interesting. If your videos made you angry though you could skip it. It really does more to show you just how entitled and privileged he was and he never saw it.

But on the other hand, you really get a grasp of how deep he was in depression and how his mind was slowly starting to go.

His mom thought he could have been a great writer and I agree. If he could find a better topic to write about I think he could have been a great author.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X-Raided

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Would quote but im on a phone. Worth a read because like the previous poster said it is a very descriptive accoint into constantly worsening depression, and it is written magnificently. You truly feel like you intimately know elliot after reading the book. The detail he goes i to with every aspect of his life month by month is outstanding. I can truly say ive never read anything so deep and personal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:33 am

I'm glad to see that other people found his manifesto funny at times. And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] what I meant when I mentioned him being priviliged was that he had a lot of oppotunities that aren't available to the majority of people. He got to travel the world and attend red carpet events that a regular person could never gain access to. Anytime he had problems at the school he attended his parents would transfer him to a new one, when most parents would just tell their kids to tough it out. His parents paid for his college (more than once?) and for him to live on campus, even though he ended up dropping all his classes. He never had to work, his parents paid his way through everything, and he definitely never went without or had to worry about making ends meet. All of this and he was still playing the lottery complained that he wasn't wealthy enough. I know a lot of that was because he thought wealth would attract his ideal potential girlfriend but still. That's kinda what I was leaning towards when I mentioned that he was privileged - not just the materialistic stuff. He was spoiled and had it easy and had too many screws loose to appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X-Raided

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:25 am

You're definitely right in the sense that he had a lot of things handed to him. I'm glad you mentioned this:

"Anytime he had problems at the school he attended his parents would transfer him to a new one, when most parents would just tell their kids to tough it out"

I wonder if constantly switching schools and never being able to establish himself was detrimental to his development. Even as a young boy, he was always switching elementary schools. At such an early age of social development, he never got to grow and learn with the same kids; he was always thrust into new situations without a chance to settle down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:32 am

I wonder if constantly switching schools and never being able to establish himself was detrimental to his development. Even as a young boy, he was always switching elementary schools. At such an early age of social development, he never got to grow and learn with the same kids; he was always thrust into new situations without a chance to settle down.

Then that is really contradicting considering the fact that the move happened because he had problems getting by. This dude was just a self-indulgent pampered brat who also happened to be crazy so I have no sympathy for him. His parents had money and people tried what they could for him but he was just a whiny piece of shit. whine whine whine, complain complain complain.

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:29 am

You're definitely right in the sense that he had a lot of things handed to him. I'm glad you mentioned this:

"Anytime he had problems at the school he attended his parents would transfer him to a new one, when most parents would just tell their kids to tough it out"

There is a positive to the tough it out situation. When they kept moving him he never had to deal with any issues on his own. He ran away from all of his problems. Comparatively to Eric again, when you keep moving you cannot keep social relationships. So Elliot is looking for relationships both gf and just friends and he cannot find or keep any. Now some may be his off personality but moving certainly didn't help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James411

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:50 pm

I want to watch Elliot father movie oh my god that seems like an excellent film. Oh my god.
But peter rodger is partly to blame for his sons actions I mean he left him alone in Isla vista and never checked up on him and gave him money to buy knives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James411

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:51 pm

I love how elliot describe isla vista the jocks the blond girls. This might sound weird but you feel you are in the college town driving  black bmw the breeze blowing through his jet black hair and olive skin while listening to karma chamelon in your car.

Isla vista seems like a cool place to visit.

Elliot I think its sad because he (not defending him) he only wanted to enjoy life you know have some good memories of being young he only wanted to be normal yet could never fit it. He loved eating at the buffet riding his skateboard he seemed someone who wanted to live life to the fullest and enjoy life. And he was kind of handsome guy (no homo) he had a great head of hair and looked good with those gucci glasses, he dressed well, and I love that shirt he wore in his videos.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Yeah except he is mentally unstable and the love of classic rock hits and living in California brainwashed him to thinking that life is suppose to be that tip-top hip and perfect, and him not having those things drive him to think something's wrong and desiring it even more. And he can't skate to save his life, he complained like a baby about not being able to ollie or some shit. When you keep thinking that life is suppose to imitate art you forget reality is nothing like you hear in music or see on tv.

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?   Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:16 am

Yeah except he is mentally unstable and the love of classic rock hits and living in California brainwashed him to thinking that life is suppose to be that tip-top hip and perfect, and him not having those things drive him to think something's wrong and desiring it even more. And he can't skate to save his life, he complained like a baby about not being able to ollie or some shit. When you keep thinking that life is suppose to imitate art you forget reality is nothing like you hear in music or see on tv.

LOL

Elliot's complaints while somewhat valid are laughable. He complains about never finding a gf...but never looks for one or attempts to talk to anyone. He complains about his jealousy of jocks and even of kids at like 5 years old. He is jealous of his brother, of those that could play sports better than him, of people shunning him in WOW, he gets annoyed and upset at jokes that are not even directed at him....

The fit he threw when his new baby brother was going to get HIS room in his dad's house? My lord he cried a lot. I cannot imagine being his family having to deal with a teenager that acts like a toddler... but in reality his parents should have realized this was not normal. I think they did to an extent. They did try to get him help but I don't think it was the right kind of help and I think it could have come sooner.

In the end though, if feeling like not having a girlfriend was that detrimental to his brain, I don't think anyone else could have helped him the way he needed it. He was not taking his medication, he was not going to his appointments, he kept quitting school, he was alienating himself.

And yea he did dress well and had a nice car but with that pedophile vibe.....euch....good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Thoughts on "My Twisted World"?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2