Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dissociative Identity Disorder or Split Personality Disorder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aquillina

PostSubject: Dissociative Identity Disorder or Split Personality Disorder   Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:57 pm

This mental illness is very complicated yet I'm very fascinated by it. How is it possible for an individual to have different memories, different names, behavior patterns, and personalities all in one body?

Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder or Split Personality Disorder   Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:55 am

Yes, it's possible but I wouldn't label this as a "disorder" unless the person who displays dissociation becomes unstable and abnormally suffering. Dissociative symptoms, however, usually occur when there's a certain degree of disorganization in the orbitofrontal cortex.
Sometimes it might be an advantage. Different mindsets to deal with different people/circumstances in life, that give you the skill to see things from brand new points of view.
It's somehow a "disorder" you need to master to get something good from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KBalch

PostSubject: Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder or Split Personality Disorder   Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:27 pm

I have DID. It's pretty awful.

KBalch

PostSubject: Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder or Split Personality Disorder   Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:32 pm

I honestly don't know how it is possible. It is very strange. It's said to come from severe prolonged trauma and I had that in my childhood. I didn't even know I had DID until my dr diagnosed me 4 years ago. It was like pieces falling together in a puzzle! It explained so much! The Wikipedia page on it is really good. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder or Split Personality Disorder   Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:05 pm

My best friends mother has just been diagnosed with D.I.D.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder or Split Personality Disorder   

Back to top Go down

Dissociative Identity Disorder or Split Personality Disorder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1