Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Cryptic warning?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NotYourRobot



Posts : 154
Join date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Cryptic warning?   Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:48 am

According to acolumbinesite, after 2nd period Mark Kintgen noticed on the scrolling message board (that was broadcast in various parts of the school) a message that read: "Today is not a good day to be here". Is this true?
Back to top Go down
Selah

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2015-07-19
Age : 27
Location : West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:23 pm

I wish I could find the sources, but I remember reading that there was a message that was put on during morning announcements. The first one was a thought of the day that had a cuss word in it, so they changed it last minute. The actual message was, "Why would you want to be here on a day like this?" referring to the nice weather.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White



Posts : 919
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 32
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:14 pm

The work of Eric Veik.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The work of Eric Veik.

Yes. And he has maintained that it had nothing to do with NBK but was geared toward the nice weather outside and the fact that it was 4/20 and a lot of students skip that day.
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 305
Join date : 2016-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:02 am

Hmmm... so a painfully ironical coincidence?
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : Dark City

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:44 am

Yikes.

_________________
If you're so very good looking
Why do you sleep alone tonight?
I know because tonight is just like any other night
That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

avatar

Posts : 1091
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : Central Mazovian Plains

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:40 pm

Yeah it was Veik. I honestly don't think it was about NBK.

That week saw the first really warm period with great weather in Denver that year, plus 4/20 a lot of kids skipped school. Veik imho sent that message because of taht. He was imho telling the kids who came to school: "Gee, don;t you now wish you skipped school like the rest?"

_________________
"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
aquillina



Posts : 437
Join date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
According to acolumbinesite, after 2nd period Mark Kintgen noticed on the scrolling message board (that was broadcast in various parts of the school) a message that read: "Today is not a good day to be here". Is this true?
Who was it that left that message? It could have saved some lives.

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:43 am

As mentioned it was Erik Veik. Had nothing to do with columbine though

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White



Posts : 919
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 32
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:08 am

Apart from wanting to finish the job?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Apart from wanting to finish the job?

Well correct. I think if asked Erik V could have been a 3rd shooter
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : Dark City

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:30 pm

E & D were smart enough not put a third person in their plan let alone Erik V. They saw Veik as a loser to them and they kept using him for their needs.

_________________
If you're so very good looking
Why do you sleep alone tonight?
I know because tonight is just like any other night
That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:11 am

I think about the moment Eric Harris' mouth caved in after the shell from his shotgun ruptured the roof of his mouth and I get sexually aroused.
Back to top Go down
lilypadlane

avatar

Posts : 126
Join date : 2016-06-13
Age : 38
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:10 pm

I see this as a disturbing coincidence. What a day to have a message like that Sad

_________________
"Alas, so long as the music plays, we dance."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:02 am

I think the quote was (according to most reports):

"Today is not a good day to be here."

The message may have also been shown in German. At least one person said it was. Harris had been learning German for a number of years.

There were prom posters still on the walls of the school that said:

"It's coming! 4/17"

After the prom someone changed all of them to reflect 4/20 instead.

The morning announcements apparently showed a big bolded 4/20 at some point as well.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3255
Join date : 2013-03-22
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:50 pm

Page 010914:

Veik stated the RNN features a phrase of the day each day. He stated the phrase of the day that had been planned for, he did not feel was appropriate, so he changed it. He wrote the phrase, which was aired that morning. The phrase was "how could you expect us to stay in school on a day like this?" Veik stated the original phrase of the day was by James Davis, a senior. The phrase was "quit your bitching." Davis told Veik he didn't care if it was inappropriate because he was going to be graduating in 16 days. Veik went ahead and changed the phrase because he felt it was inappropriate.



Last edited by sororityalpha on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:09 pm

@sororityalpha wrote:

Page 010914:

Veik stated the RNN features a phrase of the day each day. He stated the phrase of the day that had been planned for, he did not feel was appropriate, so he changed it. He wrote the phrase, which was aired that morning. The phrase was "how could you expect us to stay in school on a day like this?" Veik stated the original phrase of the day was by James Davis, a senior. The phrase was "quit your bitching." Davis told Veik he didn't care if it was inappropriate because he was going to be graduating in 16 days. Veik went ahead and changed the phrase because he felt it was inappropriate.

And we're supposed to just take Veik's word on this? Where is the evidence from the computer system that would show exactly what that phrase was?

I'll believe the many witnesses who stated the same wording before I'll believe one guy who may have a reason to lie about it, when there's no hard evidence to settle the issue.

wasn't Veik a hardcore TCM member?
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : Dark City

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:16 pm

I know that Veik was a follower of Eric and Dylan and he gets taken advantage of by the boys alot.

_________________
If you're so very good looking
Why do you sleep alone tonight?
I know because tonight is just like any other night
That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:25 pm

@shades wrote:
I know that Veik was a follower of Eric and Dylan and he gets taken advantage of by the boys alot.

What do you mean by a 'follower'? And why do you talk about them in the present tense? They're dead, you know.

I know there are a lot of adorers (would-be followers) of Harris and Klebold, and that's fine I guess, but I'm concerned that some people giving information here and elsewhere are speaking from a very distorted perspective, based on their rather creepy adoration.

So let me just get this straight so I know where you're coming from... Are you an adorer?
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : Dark City

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:37 pm

Uh no I'm not, he was infact used by Eric and Dylan and Veik always hung around them. Veik got looked at by the boys as someone lower than them, more of a fool than they were to others.

How did my answer end up with me being claimed as an adorer

_________________
If you're so very good looking
Why do you sleep alone tonight?
I know because tonight is just like any other night
That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:02 pm

@shades wrote:
Uh no I'm not, he was infact used by Eric and Dylan and Veik always hung around them. Veik got looked at by the boys as someone lower than them, more of a fool than they were to others.

How did my answer end up with me being claimed as an adorer

I apologize. It's just the way you say certain things.

So what about Robert Perry then? He hung around them a lot and he was apparently quite the outcast, but he seemed to be the type that would be used by them. I get the impression he was a 'clinger', hanging out with anyone who would accept him in spite of his shortcomings, so naturally ending up in the same crowd.


Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3255
Join date : 2013-03-22
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Page 010914:

Veik stated the RNN features a phrase of the day each day. He stated the phrase of the day that had been planned for, he did not feel was appropriate, so he changed it. He wrote the phrase, which was aired that morning. The phrase was "how could you expect us to stay in school on a day like this?" Veik stated the original phrase of the day was by James Davis, a senior. The phrase was "quit your bitching." Davis told Veik he didn't care if it was inappropriate because he was going to be graduating in 16 days. Veik went ahead and changed the phrase because he felt it was inappropriate.


More about the phrase of the day:

He asked a fellow student, who he believes was Cheryl Dell, what the phrase of the day was.
She told him it was something along the lines of "You don't want to be here." 000155

At the end of the announcements a "phrase of the day" is usually given. The phrase of the day for April 20, 1999, included a reference to 420. This is a police code for marijuana. Scott thought this was a reference stating "guess what" they were going to be doing that day and that was smoking marijuana. 000576

According to Abodaca, the audiovisual class transmits a "Phrase of the Day" over the school television system each day at the end of second period. Abodaca recalls the Phrase of the Day on April 20, 1999, which was broadcast on televisions in each classroom, appeared to be written in German. He later heard from other friends this Phrase of the Day was transmitted by Trenchcoat Mafia members in the audiovisual class, and was translated to mean "Today is the day you wish you weren't here." 000657

He did advise that he had heard something about the phrase of the day being "this will not be a good day" or words to that effect, however, he could not recall when, where, or how he became aware of it. 002275

Zach stated that he was aware of the "phrase of the day" broadcast on the Rebel News Network. He thought it was "You'd wish you weren't here today." 002732

I asked her if she knew what the phrase of the day was and she said that it was something to the effect. "Today is not a good day to be here." 003216-003217

When asked if she recalled the phrase of the day given after the announcements on April 20, she remembered it was something like “THIS IS GOING TO BE A BAD DAY." 003515

He stated one thing that he recalls is that the phrase of the day, which was displayed at school, said something to the effect of "Why should anyone be in school today?" I asked him if he knew who authored the phrase of the day, and he told me that it was the RNN Staff, the video production group 003937

He did hear about the phrase of the day. He said it was something like "it's going to be a bad day." 004337

SMITH told investigators about the "phrase of the day", which was "TODAY IS NOT A GOOD DAY TO BE HERE", and said that the phrase of the day originated from the video class; 004467

She said that there was a suspicious "phrase of the day" from the Rebel News Network (RNN) the day of the shooting. The message is usually played between 1st and 2nd periods. She could not remember the exact message but thought it had to do with the day being a "bad day" and that the students "don't want to be here today." 004828

Each day the RNN, which stands for "Rebel News Network", the official station of Columbine High School, displays a phrase of the day. On 4-20-99 the phrase of the day started with. "Today is Hitler's birthday." Melfi thought the following graphic stated something about that day going to be a bad day or about the students not wanting to be in school that day. She couldn't remember the specific phrasing. Melfi stated that the phrase of the day does not normally include featuring famous person's birthdays. She only remembers Martin Luther King's birthday being highlighted. Student's birthdays are not displayed on the television graphic, but are usually announced over the public address system. 005043

Davis said he was one of the students that works on the Rebel News Network and he was unaware of what the phrase of the day was. He said that he did recall that it had 4:20 in it somewhere, and that this had nothing to do with the date other than the fact that it was National Pot Smoking Day. 005598

She advised that this is at approximately 0830 hours. Cruz advised Investigator Eaton that the announcements are given via television in each classroom and that at the end of the announcements, there is a phrase printed at the bottom of the screen. She advised that this phrase is known as the "phrase of the day." On April 20, 1999 Cruz advised Investigator Eaton that she recalls the phrase of the day printed ac the bottom of the screen as reading, "Today is not going to be a good day." 006297

Rissmiller was not sure what the phrase of the day had been but he had wanted to use "You don't want to be here today 4/20 4/20 4/20" Making reference to the 420 being a marijuana smoking day. He is unsure of what phrase was actually used. 009096

Flemming stated he remembered the phrase of the day to be "How can they expect us to be in school today." 009097
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:48 pm

So we can safely assume that whatever the precise wording may have been, the essential message was more than just a comment on the weather and seems to have suggested a subtle warning about what was going to happen.

There were TCM associates all around the school earlier that day. Eric and Dylan had once had keys to the school and also knew how to hack well enough to get into the system if they wanted to (or steal Veik's password). Eric and Dylan were also at school earlier on. Veik has a reason to lie about what the message was.

Case closed.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 19
Location : germany

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:50 pm

original quote is "quit your bitching", which just so happened to be something Eric yelled at a girl he shot.
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : Dark City

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:38 pm

Guest wrote:
So we can safely assume that whatever the precise wording may have been, the essential message was more than just a comment on the weather and seems to have suggested a subtle warning about what was going to happen.

There were TCM associates all around the school earlier that day. Eric and Dylan had once had keys to the school and also knew how to hack well enough to get into the system if they wanted to (or steal Veik's password). Eric and Dylan were also at school earlier on. Veik has a reason to lie about what the message was.

Case closed.

To settle on that it is saying that other people in their acquaintances know of the shooting before it happened. That's saying a couple of people will take this to their graves knowing of it and doing nothing.

_________________
If you're so very good looking
Why do you sleep alone tonight?
I know because tonight is just like any other night
That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
NotYourRobot



Posts : 154
Join date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:08 pm

Wait!? Eric and Dylan attended morning classes?i don't that's correct because they were buying the propane tanks for the cafeteria bombs and setting up the decoys
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : Dark City

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:52 pm

I think Guest was quite vague about when they meant by saying Eric and Dylan were at school earlier on. Whether it meant on that day when they placed the bombs, or prior days.

_________________
If you're so very good looking
Why do you sleep alone tonight?
I know because tonight is just like any other night
That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
thenight_watchman

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-03-07
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Guest wrote:
So we can safely assume that whatever the precise wording may have been, the essential message was more than just a comment on the weather and seems to have suggested a subtle warning about what was going to happen.

There were TCM associates all around the school earlier that day. Eric and Dylan had once had keys to the school and also knew how to hack well enough to get into the system if they wanted to (or steal Veik's password). Eric and Dylan were also at school earlier on. Veik has a reason to lie about what the message was.

Case closed.

When did they have keys to the school and what for?
Back to top Go down
sscc
Top Contributor


Posts : 372
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
When did they have keys to the school and what for?
Stefanie Haney (835-836) wrote:
Stefanie said at about 0230 to 0300 hours on 04-18-99, she saw Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris in the gymnasium at Columbine High School, which is where the food was located for this party. Stephanie said she did not recall seeing Dylan Klebold and/or Eric Harris carrying anything such as duffle bags, backpacks, etc., at that time. I asked Stefanie how difficult it would have been for Dylan Klebold, Eric Harris, or any associates to get to the other parts of Columbine High School during this After Prom party. Stefanie said that although it was locked, it would have been relatively easy for them, due to the fact that they had keys to the other areas of the school. She said they had these keys because they needed them for their Video Productions class.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3255
Join date : 2013-03-22
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic warning?   Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Pages 001342-001343: He also told me that a teacher by the name of Mr. Tallaco, who teaches wood shop class, gave Dylan Klebold or/and Eric Harris keys to the school because they were in a video productions class.

Page 001419: Trista said she heard that Dylan Klebold and/or Eric Harris had keys to gain access to the classroom where the "thought of the day" is produced.

Page 005637: Brooks Brown and Dylan Klebold has access to school keys. [Re: Brooks Brown] He was also stating how he was able to have keys checked out to him for the school to the auditorium for a production a few months ago. He has heard of other students who have had copies made of the keys. Andrew felt if he could have the keys checked out to him, then it would be easy for Harris or
Klebold to do the same.

Page 006176: Boyer related that he had heard that Harris and Klebold had keys to the school and that this was a rumor and he does not remember where he heard this info.

Page 006512: BRYANT: Okay. Did anybody have keys (unintelligible)? Uh, do you know who had keys for the lab or anything? HARMON: Mister... uh, Peggy Dodge(sic) have keys for the 1-... thing... BRYANT: Okay. HARMON:... and Mister Talacco BRYANT: And they're the only people you know of who has keys HARMON: And the jan-... or have keys? BRYANT: Yeah. HARMON: Oh, it's just the Peggy Dodge, one of the, the computer lady and BRYANT: Okay. HARMON:... Mister Talacco is our teacher. BRYANT: Okay. HARMON: And the janitors do, but. BRYANT: Okay.



Back to top Go down
 
Cryptic warning?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Cryptic Clues
» Warning
» Naruto 567 Warning: !Spoiler Alert!
» Warning! Drow Trickery in the Gnoll Caves!
» New Wicked Female Pirate Crew Add (Warning Not for the light of heart)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: