Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
afrrs

avatar

Posts : 135
Join date : 2015-08-08
Age : 32
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:23 am

What other crimes were influenced in someway by Columbine ?

- Virginia Tech shooting .

- Murder of Cassie Jo Stoddart .

Anyone knows about others ?


Last edited by afrrs on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1023
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 32
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:35 am

Jokela High in Finland is another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top Contributor


Posts : 415
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:36 am

Dawson College shooting by Kimveer Gill who wrote a letter praising Eric and Dylan and wore a trenchcoat during the shooting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jokela school shooting by Pekka-Eric Auvinen who uploaded videos to youtube about Columbine.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seattle Pacific University shooting by Aaron Ybarra who was obsessed with Columbine.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
He was stopped by another student after killing one person and it was caught on video.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Orange High School shooter Alvaro Castillo killed his father and then wounded students in the school parking lot. He was obsessed with Columbine and even e-mailed Frank DeAngelis before the shooting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Robert Bonelli who shot up a mall in New York, wounding two people, was fascinated by Columbine and collected information and "memorabilia" about the massacre.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Possibly the Red Lake High School shooting by Jeffrey Weise who was a goth kid that wore a trench coat and was often bullied who smiled while shooting people and asked someone if they believed in God which people take as a reference to Columbine
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Christopher Harper Mercer was interested in many past shootings, especially Vester Flanagan who shot a reporter and he uploaded documentaries about Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech and Columbine online.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza was a member of the Columbine forum that existed at the time and interested in mass shootings in general.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These are what I've come across over time that I can remember right now.

Edit: There's also Alex Hribal who stabbed about 20 students at Franklin Regional High School. He wrote in a letter that he wanted to be a god like Eric and Dylan. He carried out his attack on Eric's birthday.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles



Posts : 238
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Seattle Pacific University shooting by Aaron Ybarra who was obsessed with Columbine.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
He was stopped by another student after killing one person and it was caught on video.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's awesome. Massive props to the guy who disarmed the would-be mass shooter. If only more copped the same treatment. Great to hear stories about people who are able to fight back, just like those three guys who bum-rushed the Islamist terrorist on a train in France last year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza was a member of the Columbine forum that existed at the time and interested in mass shootings in general.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yeah, he knew many little details about Columbine (amongst other mass shootings as you said). I was particularly repulsed when reading one of his old posts that contained a joke about Daniel Mauser being shot in the face. AL was one disturbed POS, as we all know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1615
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Dawson College shooting by Kimveer Gill who wrote a letter praising Eric and Dylan and wore a trenchcoat during the shooting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jokela school shooting by Pekka-Eric Auvinen who uploaded videos to youtube about Columbine.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seattle Pacific University shooting by Aaron Ybarra who was obsessed with Columbine.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
He was stopped by another student after killing one person and it was caught on video.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Orange High School shooter Alvaro Castillo killed his father and then wounded students in the school parking lot. He was obsessed with Columbine and even e-mailed Frank DeAngelis before the shooting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Robert Bonelli who shot up a mall in New York, wounding two people, was fascinated by Columbine and collected information and "memorabilia" about the massacre.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Possibly the Red Lake High School shooting by Jeffrey Weise who was a goth kid that wore a trench coat and was often bullied who smiled while shooting people and asked someone if they believed in God which people take as a reference to Columbine
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Christopher Harper Mercer was interested in many past shootings, especially Vester Flanagan who shot a reporter and he uploaded documentaries about Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech and Columbine online.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza was a member of the Columbine forum that existed at the time and interested in mass shootings in general.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These are what I've come across over time that I can remember right now.

Edit: There's also Alex Hribal who stabbed about 20 students at Franklin Regional High School. He wrote in a letter that he wanted to be a god like Eric and Dylan. He carried out his attack on Eric's birthday.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for the expansive list!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2773
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:29 am

Oh good lord.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina



Posts : 438
Join date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:21 am

I guess we have Eric and Dylan to thank for the legacy they've left in this world. Sarcasm involved btw.

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2773
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:18 pm

This is disturbing. Unfortunately, people have actually died because of these copycats. Kids look up to  pop stars and desire to look like them, dress like them, have them as their inspiration, these shooters use Columbine to justify their probably ever-growing mental instability which lead to fatal actions. Of course, not everyone are like these people. Just stating that now they have an excuse to why they did these things.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you for your good work!

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top Contributor


Posts : 415
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks for the expansive list!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you for your good work!
No problem. To be honest, I'm sure there are many that I haven't even heard of before. Columbine seems to influence many.

Here's another one.

The Emsdetten school shooting by Sebastian Bosse. I knew the crime was similar to Columbine in that he used homemade bombs and guns, wore a black trenchcoat and sought revenge for mistreatment but I couldn't find a direct reference at first so I left it off the list. I looked at his website rant and he says he is "God-like" so I kept looking and in his journal he says that Eric Harris is a god and it's almost like he's living out Eric's life again.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vulnerableeyes

avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2016-03-25
Location : Europe

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:50 am

Ali David Sonboly (Munich shooter)
Robert Steinhäuser (Erfurt school shooter)
Tim Kretschmer (Winnenden school shooter)
Sabino M. (I don't think he counts, because he didn't kill someone. Probably just wanted to be killed by the police).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top Contributor


Posts : 415
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ali David Sonboly (Munich shooter)
Robert Steinhäuser (Erfurt school shooter)
Tim Kretschmer (Winnenden school shooter)
Sabino M. (I don't think he counts, because he didn't kill someone. Probably just wanted to be killed by the police).
I overlooked Sonboly because I thought he was strictly inspired by Breivik but apparently he studied several different shootings, including Columbine.

As for Tim Kretschmer, I still can't find any direct information that he was inspired by Columbine, only that this was reminiscent of Columbine. Do you remember where you found that information?

Same goes for Sabino M. Do you have the source anymore?

Looking up Steinhäuser in reference to Columbine, I came across two things that are relevant to this thread.

This page has a list of Columbine inspired attacks. Most of these seem to be foiled plots rather than attacks that were successfully carried out.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And this paper by Larkin details a lot of post-Columbine shootings (and attempts) in the US and in foreign countries and explains whether there were Columbine references or imitation involved.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amarantha



Posts : 96
Join date : 2016-08-20
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:30 pm

I've just remembered this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

admittedly inspired by Columbine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vulnerableeyes

avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2016-03-25
Location : Europe

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maybe you're right about Tim K. I think I mixed him up with Bosse. I thought his diary was written by Tim K. Also I assumed that all school shooters are inspired by Columbine in some way.

I've found a photo of Sabino M. wearing a replica of Eric Harris' "Natural Selection" shirt. But I think tumblr links aren't allowed here, maybe you can find it by yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1023
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 32
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:49 pm

All these guys are as pathetic (if not more) than Eric & Dylan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1742
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I guess we have Eric and Dylan to thank for the legacy they've left in this world. Sarcasm involved btw.


aquillina,
If it wasn't them, it would have been someone else . If they hadn't have done what they did, someone was eventually going to as we have seen several even worse shootings since then.
It's a sad reality of the world today.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2773
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:11 am

I'm not sure....let's face it, Eric and Dylan being averagely cute white boys played a part as to Columbine's legacy. The two ordinary best friends and classmates in school we might've known about it, the timing - with the music and video games references, diaries, the whole trenchcoat thing.

If it were somebody else it would have to be the perfect duo. I don't think a lone gunman would have made history... Cho certainly didn't grasp or shift everyone's attention long enough it ended up going back to Columbine because of the inspiration.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
afrrs

avatar

Posts : 135
Join date : 2015-08-08
Age : 32
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine   Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I guess we have Eric and Dylan to thank for the legacy they've left in this world. Sarcasm involved btw.


aquillina,
If it wasn't them, it would have been someone else . If they hadn't have done what they did, someone was eventually going to as we have seen several even worse shootings since then.
It's a sad reality of the world today.

i agree , if it wasnt for them i think worse mass shootings perpetrated by domestic individuals would have happen in the usa .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Other Crimes Influenced by Columbine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Crimes back in England
» War Crimes in the AZW.
» An excuse for their action at Rorkes Drift
» They'll Call Our Crimes A Work of Art [Kanix and Sol]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: