Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Patti Nielson Procedure

Go down 
+5
Lizpuff
Jenn
aquillina
shades
afrrs
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 71156
Forum Reputation : 0

Patti Nielson Procedure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patti Nielson Procedure   Patti Nielson Procedure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 2:28 pm

I think it is extremely difficult to be justiceful towards Patti Nielson.
I would not judge her, because she was probably in a complete panic and so, she could not have made an absolutely good decision.
I remember that in the middle of the conversation with the operator, she began to pray, and the operator reminded her that this was not the right time for praying. This says much about what a state of mind she was in.
To be really honest, I would not know what to do and how to do the best to protect others in such a situation.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Patti Nielson Procedure   Patti Nielson Procedure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Moonshadow wrote:
I think it is extremely difficult to be justiceful towards Patti Nielson.
I would not judge her, because she was probably in a complete panic and so, she could not have made an absolutely good decision.
I remember that in the middle of the conversation with the operator, she began to pray, and the operator reminded her that this was not the right time for praying. This says much about what a state of mind she was in.
To be really honest, I would not know what to do and how to do the best to protect others in such a situation.

That is right and a good reminder of something I forgot. She did start praying. She thought she was going to lose her life that day
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83196
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Patti Nielson Procedure   Patti Nielson Procedure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 6:07 pm

shades wrote:
Patti wasn't a hero. Simple as that. and I forgive her for that.

Who ever said she was a hero? (Forgive me, but I haven't had the time to read through this whole thread).

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83196
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Patti Nielson Procedure   Patti Nielson Procedure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 6:11 pm

shades wrote:
I wanted to apologise for coming on too strong and getting a little mad by the way you guys.

It's one of the more interesting things about Columbine, is that it elicits such strong emotions even so many years later. No reason to apologize for being passionate about something.

I would never consider Patti a hero, but I do feel that she is a sympathetic character. It's nearly impossible to tell how any of us would have reacted in a situation such as dire as that. As you suggest, and I agree, Dave Sanders is a hero and a totally different figure entirely. I always feel badly when I think about him and how the feet-dragging SWAT team and the police essentially allowed him to slowly die.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patti Nielson Procedure   Patti Nielson Procedure - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patti Nielson Procedure
Page 1 of 1