Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121563
Forum Reputation : 1001

Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K Empty
PostSubject: Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K   Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 1:06 am

000562: John Savage stated they were "pretty good friends," adding they knew each other through "theater." It was somewhat well known that [Brooks] embellishes his stories.

000583: [Craig] Scott was at the home of Aaron and Brooks Brown during the summer of 1998 or 1997. They were all up late one night and the two brothers were talking about how easy it was to build a bomb. Aaron and Brooks got onto the Internet and began searching specific words. They were basically researching the different type of bombs that could be made using household products.

000778: He stated when he returned at about 1105 or 1110 hours, while walking on Pierce Street, Brooks Brown was walking southbound and said hello to him. Brown looked scared and his complexion was pale.

001255: Stephanie stated that she was out at the "smoking pit" at 11:15-11:20 AM and that she had started to walk to the cafeteria when she heard an explosion, but didn't think anything of it because she thought it was a senior prank. Stephanie then stated that she saw Eric Harris at the top of the stairs talking to Brooks Brown. I asked Stephanie what Eric was wearing and she stated that he was in his black trench coat and black pants. [Then] Brooks went down the stairs and Eric pulled out a "BIG" gun and started shooting into the main hall doors. I asked Stephanie if she was sure that she had seen Brooks Brown and not someone else and she stated that she was sure. She was very scared and started running toward Clement Park, then once she got there she went home.

001342: Brooks Brown wore jeans with holes in them, and wore T-shirts with words on them. However, he [John Buschmann] did not know what these words were.

003052: [Jonathan] Fries was concerned that Brooks Brown was telling the media and people that he was an outcast from the trench coat mafia.

004193: [Lori] Reynolds said that last semester she had first hour choir and that Brooks Brown was in her class. She said that she overheard him (Brown) tell two other students that "something is going to happen on 4-20”. She said that he told this to Zach and Robbie [Scharton], who are both juniors at Columbine.
004194: ln December of 1998, Lori was in first hour choir class with Brooks Brown and two other subjects, identified only as "Robbie" and "Zack" (possibly Heckler), when she overheard Brooks tell "Robbie" and "Zack" that something big was going to happen on April 20.

004359 & 007218: Chris Stinson knows Brooks Brown who he describes as a good choir student. For the last 2 weeks of [choir] class Brooks Brown did not go to class for an unknown reason. Brooks Brown according to Chris Stinson has ties to the Trench Coat Mafia.

004886: Penny [Burton] said that Brooks Brown was in her Choir class however Brown was not in attendance in class on 04-20-99. She described Brooks Brown as being "funny and a good actor."

004896-004897: Carey Cecil advised me that during the first semester of the 1999 school year at Columbine High School, the Choir class she had during fifth hour also had another student in there by the name of Brooks Brown. Carey said that she could not provide any information about Brooks Brown other than the fact that Brooks Brown was not present in the classroom on 04-20-99.

005004: Patrick Kelly said Brooks Brown considered himself to be a "master philosopher" and said Brooks Brown "tended to lie a lot."
005005: Patrick Kelly said that during the 1998/1999 school year at Columbine High School, Brooks Brown was engaged to an Arapahoe High School student by the name of Sabrina (unknown last name). He said it is his understanding that Brooks Brown and Sabrina have since broken up their engagement.

005052: Megan [Morrison] said that Brooks Brown began wearing a trench coat she believed during his junior year at Columbine High School.
005053: Megan Morrison said that during the fall of 1998 while she was employed at Miller Stockman at the Southwest Plaza. Tad Boles came into the store a lot and also said that she had seen Brooks Brown in there. Megan said that several of the Trench Coat Mafia students bought their trench coats in this Miller Stockman store at the Southwest Plaza.

005060: Layne Newton said she knows who Brooks Brown is, and said she "would not trust him at all." Layne also described Brooks Brown as being "a good talker." Layne said that since the shooting she has heard rumors that [redacted] was involved with Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris and was going to help them during the shooting at Columbine High School on 04-20-99, however, [redacted] “chickened out.” She said it is unknown where this information came from. Layne said a friend of hers by the name of Erica Jennings told her that she saw Brooks Brown walking on South Pierce Street just prior to the shooting on 04-20-99.

005275-005726: Eric Harris was in [Rebecca] Heins' third period philosophy class and fourth period creative writing class. Dylan Klebold was also in Heins' fourth period creative writing class. Klebold and Harris were not in either of those classes the day of the shooting. Heins normally sat next to Harris in philosophy class and recalled that Brooks Brown, who is also in philosophy and creative writing, moved into Eric Harris' seat on the day of the shooting. Heins asked Brown where Harris was and Brown speculated that Harris and Klebold had gone downtown for some reason.

005554: When the students and teachers were in Leawood Park, [Janet] Etchart was talking in a circle with a group of teachers. A student walked up to them and said, 'I think I know who did it." The student wanted to go into the school building. The teachers told him no and he left the area and they didn't see him again. She identified this student as Brooks Brown.

005637: Andrew [Robinson] is also aware of a band which Brooks Brown had in which the graphics on the cover for the recording were of the school being blown up. He was to make the graphics for them, but declined as the material was not well suited to the work he produces.

005982: [Anna] Taylor did know Brooks Brown a little, because he was in Taylor's fifth period choir class. Brown was not in class on the day of the shooting.

006081-006082: After [Rachel Baker] left school she proceeded home, and told me it wasn't until about 1140 hours, when she attempted to return to school, that she learned something was wrong. She told me as she was proceeding north on Pierce Street, and there were emergency vehicles blocking Pierce. She said she went east down Weaver Avenue and recalls seeing Brooks Brown in the subdivision, southeast of school, on Weaver Street just east of Pierce She told me that Brooks had a very confused look on his face, and he was giving directions to a motorist who was attempting to get out of the subdivision. She could not recall what he was wearing and he was alone.

006136: Michael Bierman said when the students from Columbine High School resumed their classes at Chatfield High School, Rebecca [Hiens] did not attend and told her class that she felt threatened, and that was the reason for not attending Chatfield High School Michael also told me that Brooks Brown, Nate Dykeman. Chris Morris, and Robert Perry did not attend this school either, but Michael said he did not know the reasons why they did not attend.

006461: As they left the area, going south on Pierce, they did see Brooks Brown walking along Pierce at the bottom of the hill. [Leeann] Groskopf told me he seemed to be walking at a normal gait, and nothing seemed unusual.

006633-006634: South of the school's property, and on the same side of the street (west side) there is a board fence around the back yard of a house known variously as the "Mormon house" and the "seminary house". The fence is adjacent to the sidewalk. [Matthew] HOUCK recalls seeing Brooks BROWN walking southbound on the sidewalk next to that fence as they drove past. HOUCK said BROWN was "walking slowly, like something was on his mind". BROWN had a green backpack over his right shoulder. [Brooks] was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans. He was not wearing a hat. HOUCK said it did not look like there was much in the backpack.

006636: [Brooks] told us that he knew Eric Harris and that he was the one shooting.
006637: Brooks also told us that Eric had turned 18 about 3 weeks ago and ordered weapons on his birthday that these weapons had a three week waiting period and Tuesday was three weeks. He also told us that Eric was absent during 3rd and 4th hour, supposedly to get the weapons. On the way in the car we had the radio on listening as the news unfolded. We learned there was two suspects wearing black trenchcoats. The first words out of Brooks' mouth were cursing and then, "Dylan! Eric and Dylan!"

006651: [Andrew Hunter] stated that he remembered seeing Brooks Brown when he got to his car on Fair St. Brooks was down by the creek off Fair St by himself.

006690 & 010137 & 010472: [Teacher – Thomas Johnson] re: Brooks Brown: As I reported to a Lakewood Police person at the scene. Brooks Brown flagged me down. My passenger was Rick Bath, teacher at CHS, Brooks said that he had seen Eric coming into Columbine carrying a strange duffel bag. Brooks was told to leave the scene to avoid being injured, as he related. I personally believe that he knows much more.

006718: Renee [Kinsella] did not believe that Brooks had prior knowledge of the CHS incident, because he has a reputation for being a "male gossiper" and she does not believe that Dylan and Eric would trust him with that information. Renee also advised that she is not surprised that Brooks is on television so much (as a result of this incident), stating "He's an actor."

006732: Bethany [Koch] stated that she had left school with her brother Matthew at about 11:10 AM to go home for lunch. Bethany stated that she remembers seeing Brooks Brown walking home that day, because she thought it odd that he was not driving his car.

007098: [Tamara] RUMER said she has known Brooks BROWN at Columbine High School since he was a sophomore. She said when she first met him he was going with a girl who was a student assistant in the Attendance Office, and she said she was a little upset with him about what was going on in the attendance office. She did not elaborate, but the implication was that BROWN and his then girlfriend were "making out". RUMER recalls that about two months prior to the incident, BROWN came up to her and made the comment "I know where you live" and "I've seen you riding your horse". She said it unnerved her, because "nobody knows where I live". She resides in Sedalia; lot number 99 on the attached map. She said she has seen BROWN at a residence in Sedalia, which she identified to me on a telephone book map of her development as being lot number 83. The residents at that location, as listed in the telephone book, are Ronald and Jerri EDLUND. The address is 6846 Cherokee Drive; telephone 303-688-6582. RUMER describes the specific person which BROWN visited as an "older" male, who was employed at Blackjack Pizza as a delivery driver. She did not know anything about EDLUND's. RUMER said the encounter has caused her to feel uneasy about BROWN.

007134: 11:51 AM – Attempt by Brooks to call JCSD. 11:52 AM – Call by Brooks to ACSD. 11:56 AM – Call by Brooks to ACSD.  

007274: Erik attended his regular classes that day and after being released from his fourth hour history class, taught by Mr. Fleener that he and his friend, Ryan Stephens, exited from the school at about 1120 hours. Again, he told me that they exited through Rebel comer, went out in the junior parking lot and left school. Erik told me that as he was walking out of school, going to lunch at about 1120 hours that he recalls Brooks Brown was walking out of the school behind him. He told me that he believes Brooks is an associate of the "Trench Coat Mafia." He described Brooks with brown curly hair, but wasn't wearing a trench coat that day. I asked him if he recalled where Brooks went. He told me that after he exited the school he didn't pay much attention to him and has no idea where he went.

007358: Mollie Weksler also told me that Brooks Brown was very angry with the way that Columbine High School had treated him and she also said that Brooks Brown had been picked on by the "jocks," but as far as she knew, their harassment toward Brooks Brown was verbal harassment only and not physical assaults.

007472: On 4/20/99, Mrs. Chlumsky was in her yard working at approximately 11:15-11:20 a.m. when she heard what she believed to be gunshots in the vicinity of the high school. She called a neighbor and told her what she thought was going on, and told the neighbor that she was going to drive to the school to see what was happening. She drove toward the school on Pierce, only to find it blocked off by law enforcement. She then drove around the general area in the neighborhood. At approximately 11:40 a.m. she noticed a young man standing on the corner of Hoover and Teller Avenues. She thought that this boy was probably a Columbine student. She asked the boy if he knew what was going on at the high school, and he responded "I think I do, but I don't want to say". She told the boy that if he knew anything, he should immediately report it to the authorities. He responded that he knew that he should. She told him that there had been shots fired at the high school, whereby the boy placed his face in his hands and said in a distressed tone, 'Oh my God, no'!! Mrs. Chlumsky stated that her impression of his reaction was one of disbelief or remorse as if he knew what was happening at the school, versus one of a shocked reaction or surprised. Mrs. Chlumsky told the boy that he needed to report what he knew to the authorities. There was a lot of vehicle traffic in this vicinity, and about at that time, Mrs. Chlumsky's daughter pulled up with her friend, Marcie Visnic. Her daughter briefly talked to her, and told her that the boy she was talking to was Brooks Brown. Mrs. Chlumsky stated that her daughter saw Brooks get into a sport utility vehicle at this intersection, and drive away. Mrs. Chlumsky later saw a newscast with Brooks Brown on it, and confirmed that this was the same boy she had talked to at the intersection of Hoover and Teller Avenues.
007677: [Candice] Snow did relate that Melissa did have a terrible incident with Brooks Brown. Snow indicated the incident was very vulgar and contained sexual comments. Melissa went to the Administration and it was taken care of.

009086: On April 24, 1999 JCSO Inv. Gary Muse had written a repot regarding information he had received from Agent Laurel Lichtenberg at the crime scene. According to the report, Agent Lichtenburg related that she had spoken to CHS student Brooks Brown, who said that during lunch, he had ran into Eric Harris coming toward the school carrying a "weird looking duffel bag" as he approached Harris allegedly told Brown, "I like you. Get out of here".

A review of an early version of a JCSO search warrant affidavit relates that Inv. Muse had interviewed Brooks Brown, who had said he had seen Eric Harris in the corridor of CHS carrying a duffel bag, which had an odd shape to it. This statement was inconsistent with that referred above, as well as to two subsequent statements given by Brown to Agents Holstlaw and Estep, and again to Holstlaw and Clyman. During those statements Brown said that he had seen and spoken to Harris in the junior parking lot immediately prior to the shooting, and saw Harris remove a large duffel bag from his car and place it on the ground. Depending upon which version is given by Brown, he said he walked away, and heard the shooting begin either 30 seconds or two minutes later. He then ran into the nearby neighborhood, where he eventually encountered the two teachers.

On May 12, 1999 I spoke to Agent Lichtenburg to clarify the information she had obtained and reported. She said that on April 20, 1999 she did not interview Brooks Brown. However, she did interview two CHS teachers (males, names unknown) who told her that they had been driving in the neighborhood immediately south of the school, when they ran into Brooks Brown. He was agitated about the shooting which had just begun, and described to them that he had seen Harris walking toward the school with the duffel bag as described in paragraph 1 above.

009767: Leland [Anders] said that there were about 104 students in his Choir class that day, and that he has access to the attendance roster for 4-20-99, if needed. He said he knows that students Brooks Brown (Grade 12) and Wade Frank (Grade 12) were not in class that day. See related lead sheets and summary report for all students who were in 5th period Choir class.

009936: According to Agent Lichtenberg, Brooks Brown told her that he was on his way out the door of the school going to lunch when he met Eric Harris coming towards the school from the parking lot. Brooks Brown said that he noticed that Eric Harris was carrying "a weird looking duffle bag" as he approached. When Eric Harris walked up to him, he reportedly said to Brooks Brown, "I like you. Get out of here." Brooks Brown said that he left the school property immediately.

010525: Judy indicated that she and her son, Brooks Brown, (DOB. 07-14-80) have known the Klebolds since the boys were in Kindergarten. Judy stated that her son, Brooks, was in the parking lot on this date at Columbine High School at approximately 11:00-11:30 hours when he met Eric Harris. Eric came to Brooks and stated "I like you, you better leave you won’t get hurt". Judy stated her son then walked to Pierce Street where he began hearing what sounded like shots. Brooks then ran to a house and called the police. She indicated that Brooks then called his father Randy Brown at the father's work.

010660-010674: Brooks Brown’s statements.

010710: [Nate Dykeman] He stated Brooks BROWN was never a part of the group and he is a compulsive liar. DYKEMAN was asked if he had ever dyed his hair blond or knew anyone in school as tall as him with dyed blond, "Punk Hair" He stated he has never dyed his hair and the only kid that tall that has recently dyed his hair blond is Brooks BROWN. He stated BROWN would change his hair often. DYKEMAN stated know one he knows likes BROWN.

Last edited by sororityalpha on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75411
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K   Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 6:10 am

"001342: Brooks Brown wore jeans with holes in them, and wore T-shirts with words on them. However, he did not know what these words were."

Poor guy
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K   Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:21 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:

"001342: Brooks Brown wore jeans with holes in them, and wore T-shirts with words on them. However, he did not know what these words were."

Poor guy

001342: Brooks Brown wore jeans with holes in them, and wore T-shirts with words on them. However, he [John E. Buschmann] did not know what these words were.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K   Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Some people saw someone in blue jeans and a white shirt upstairs by Eric/Dylan.

This was interesting - 006633-006634: [Brooks] was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans. He was not wearing a hat.
Back to top Go down
Acid84

Acid84

Contribution Points : 67679
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K   Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 9:31 am

Great post, it highlights how much of a untrustworthy source he is regardless of if he is telling the truth or not.
In my eyes he had knowledge of what was going to go down that day wehther it was 10 mins before when he supposedly saw Eric or whether its was days/weeks/months beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K   Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 am

Acid84 wrote:
Great post, it highlights how much of a untrustworthy source he is regardless of if he is telling the truth or not.
In my eyes he had knowledge of what was going to go down that day wehther it was 10 mins before when he supposedly saw Eric or whether its was days/weeks/months beforehand.

I do believe his story about Eric that morning. He has had 17 years to embellish or add to it and he really hasn't. That story has stayed consistent. I do think he lies a lot and personally I haven't seen nor want to see all of the crap related to the underage girl thing but I do think he was telling the truth about that one aspect.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 82538
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K   Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 1:35 pm

as much as the TCM and "outsider" crowd hated the school and jocks for poor treatment, they weren't shy about projecting that same abuse on others.

Every time I read the 11k or student quotes it's a constant reminder.

captainbaculum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K   Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some interesting tidbits about Brooks Brown from the 11K
Page 1 of 1