Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spidEr

PostSubject: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Eric's journal quote

"If by some weird as shit luck me and V survive and escape we will move to some island somewhere or maybe Mexico, New Zealand or some exotic place where Americans can't get us"

What would have Eric done on those islands with Dylan if he had escaped? I know this was only a fantasy backup plan and I know some of those crime movies Eric watched involved criminals escaping to Mexico, but if he had been away from the American government on an isolated island, he would feel some kind of freedom, where nobody could tell him what to do or control him? would that have made him happy or would he still have been angry?

"maybe leave little tribes of natives in the rain forest "

Eric seems to hate the way the world works now, is it me or does Eric wish that the whole world was like those tribes, which he feels are living the 'true' life and not the man made life that everyone else is living

"human nature is smothered out by society, jobs, and work and school. instincts are deleted by laws"
"Give the Earth back to the animals, they deserve it infinitely more than we do."

Would Eric have been happier if the whole world was like the stone age, where they hunted, killed, all without question? is that what he wanted?
Back to top Go down
Ldude

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:48 pm

Last edited by Ldude on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:35 am

I think that Eric wanted people to be less complicated, deceiving or frustrating, even though he took a great deal of pride in being a liar himself. He was afraid of social cliques that denied the existence of outcasts and their right to speak up their mind: "deleting" history was probably the only option available, judging from his standards.
As for him being happy by landing on a primitive island, I honestly don't know.
We've always been social (or anti-social, which is partly the other side of the coin) animals, and love to stir up trouble wherever we go, regardless of time and space.
That being said, Eric wasn't a technophobe or something like that. He loved computers and army equipment; he just wanted people to be a little more considerate (and yes, less ambiguously stupid)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:03 am

I think I'm in the minority lol. IF he had made it, I don't think he had the capability to survive. Depending on the location, deserted or populated, I think he would suffered death on a deserted island (No computers??? No internet??? No phone??? No girls???) and I think he would have been apprehended on a populated island.

He was, after all, a teenager with meager means who depended upon his parents for a great deal.

Interesting thought though.

Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Eric wrote:
instincts are deleted by laws

I like this very much.

Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:55 pm

Is it true that Eric and Dylan wanted about three times to leave through different exits, but were stopped by fire?

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:07 pm

@Love what do you mean? I don't think I have ever heard anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:15 pm

I read "The REAL Columbine." There's a lot of different information. But probably there are a lot of rumors.

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

What's "The REAL Columbine"? I've never heard of that one. I'm also unaware of any fire that was significant enough to prevent anyone from evacuating.
Back to top Go down
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:44 pm

The REAL Columbine
A Complete Chronological Report
By the C.R.T.F. Webmaster
Written June 11th, 1999
Updated July 14th, 2000

Quote :
"The sheriff also said the two gunmen initially tried to escape through three separate exits, and killed themselves only after being turned back by deputies' gunfire each time. Stone said a diary seized at the home of one of the killers indicated the gunmen planned to fly to Mexico or another country if they could escape, and kill themselves if they couldn't get out. 'They wanted to go to Mexico, or find an island, some place to get away from America, or maybe come out and hijack and crash an airplane in New York City,' he said, giving details from a diary that investigators have characterized as a sheaf of papers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:01 pm

I've never heard that ever. The plan was always suicide, either by cop or by their own hands. Eric even had a countdown of sorts in his journal. I think it's a generally accepted theory that they committed suicide due to the belief that SWAT's approach was imminent.

They had no trepidation whatsoever about engaging in a gun fight with police, which they did when given an opportunity.

Indeed, Eric did write that fantasy in his journal, but I think that's exactly what it was, a fantasy. He also wrote plenty of other fantasies that were equally as ridiculous. I think they both realized once they started shooting, they would not be escaping undetected and hijacking a plane.

ETA please don't think I'm being rude, I've just literally never heard that presented as even a plausible scenario.
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:30 pm

I have heard The whole New York Mexico escape thing the plane hijack too but never about trying to escape the three exists but getting stopped. I think that's just crap.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:33 pm

And if getting stopped by gunfire was occurring wouldn't they succumb themselves to it? Eric at least desired being taken out by the cops.

Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have heard The whole New York Mexico escape thing the plane hijack too but never about trying to escape the three exists but getting stopped. I think that's just crap.
I never heard this story either but it's possible that it's related to the evidence regarding gunfire exchanged between Eric, Dylan and the police that was recently posted by sororityalpha
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe Eric and Dylan chose to engage with the police in an attempt to inflict damage and this was construed as attempting to escape the school (possibly at the West Entrance two separate times and at the North Library Emergency Exit once) by the sheriff. The sentence about how they "killed themselves only after being turned back by deputies' gunfire each time" makes it sound like this could be what they are referring to.

Eric at least desired being taken out by the cops.
He may have wanted this before the massacre but the evidence seems to show that they retreated every time they were fired upon so he must have changed his mind.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:53 am

He may have wanted this before the massacre but the evidence seems to show that they retreated every time they were fired upon so he must have changed his mind.

Thats interesting. Maybe he was actually scared. Both that and he had an epiphany that he didn't wanna be taken out by cops and have them control his life and death. I mean at the spur of moment you might realise you don't want someone hurting you.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.   Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:59 am

I still think that deep down Eric himself didn't really want to die. I think he talked a big game but that was it. That is why I think the suicide for him happened really quickly. He didnt want to give himself time to talk himself out of it. Just do it and get it over with.

As far as trying to leave the building? Yes he did write about "if" they got away they would fly to an island somewhere but I don't think he expected that to happen. He knew the moment he left home that morning he was going to die. I think perhaps they were looking outside to survey the cops or trying to shoot at them. Not trying to leave.

Is this report you read online? Do you have a link?

Eric's fantasy of escaping to an island.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1