Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Dylann Roof GUILTY!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:52 pm

Back to top Go down
suburbanmessiah

avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2016-10-31
Age : 32
Location : Canadania

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:58 pm

No surprises here. He's gonna fry.

_________________
We need to be proxies for Slender.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James411



Posts : 172
Join date : 2015-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:55 pm

No Dylan roof cannot get the death penalty he is so handsome. If I were a girl I would visit him in prison once he get life in prison and reform him. He need to be reformed into a better person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suburbanmessiah

avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2016-10-31
Age : 32
Location : Canadania

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:45 pm

He has such a crisp, beautiful bowlcut. So enviable. HE CANNOT DIE. He'll live forever.

_________________
We need to be proxies for Slender.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3106
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:39 am

Dude was tried in a federal court and will be sentenced by a federal judge. Pretty boy is getting the death sentence. It was a hate crime. He murdered 9 people. Does anyone honestly think this guy is not going to get the death sentence? I will be in shock if he gets life over death. After this presidential election, anything is possible at this point, I guess. So who knows. I still say the death sentence.

And he isn't even good looking. He's tiny and scrawny and the 1990's want their haircut back.

_________________
"Oh well, whatever, nevermind".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

avatar

Posts : 151
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 95
Location : germany

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:48 am

I sure hope that is true, I really want them to get rid of this punk. It will probably not happen though, I mean Ramirez never got it. Also it would probably be the lethal injection not the chair which is a shame because the guy deserves to suffer a little before he dies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonshadow
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 322
Join date : 2016-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:39 pm

The whole case is incredibly sad.
This Dylann kid thought he would be very heroical and his action would start a revolution, didn't he?! confused  
I have seen this "lonely hero who wants to change society by letting his hatred rage" attitude before.

My impression is that he is not too smart, even if he is not retarded, he seems to have a relatively low IQ. This does not make any excuse, of course.

I checked out his "site" at web.archive.org - the original is now down - and I can say that it was absolutely dumb! Being seemingly unable to use html or a CMS is just one thing; the contents he published there lacked original thoughts and everything. I know that officially he is not mentally handicapped, but seeing his production made me say "dammit, what a bloody retard!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I agree this haircut looks slightly ridiculous and definitely out of style. AFAIK, it has a story: it was his stepmom who made this hairdo for him first, if I remember well? This might have some kind of symbolism, then. A typical neonazi would rather wear a military-style haircut, I think.

Really sad. Not only the 9 deaths - the victims' only "guilt" was being Afro-American.
Also this stupid, senseless illusion - or delusion? - that he, Dylann Roof the 1st (Teh Great) would change the world by doing this meaningless massacre. No

Also sad that the guy had had serious problems before! I think it could have been foreseen that he would end up committing more serious crimes. But, again, who would have assumed that he was to plan such a terrible thing? Preventing crimes, especially hate crimes is not easy. I wonder if the "adults" are able and/or willing to learn something from the case.

I see he likeably gets the death penalty. But this does not make me feel better. And not only because this will not make  his victims live again.
I think the best way of punishment would be sending him to a really strict prison - to a one that is similar to Black Dolphin in Russia - where ALL the prison employees - guards, doctors, janitors and so on - are non-white. Also, getting him non-white cellmates would be an appropriate treatment for him. Serving a life sentence under such circumstances would be enough punishment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], in an ironical way, I can tell that you needn't worry about it  silent  A lethal injection might cause "enough" suffering to the condemned, even if it does not seem to be as horrible as electrocution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChicagoMadePunk



Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:42 pm

I doubt he'll get the death penalty. He practically admitted to the crime and even agreed to plead guilty if they took the death penalty off the plate. At least one family has already said they do not want him to recieve the death penalty and others will probably follow. Juries tend to take those both into heavy consideration. Plus, as it is the South the jury probably thinks he only killed 3/5ths the number of people anyway.

I don't see the appeal of the guy though. He's a dumbass who doesn't really have any motive besides hating blacks. He didn't even know the difference between white nationalism and white supremecy so he didn't really look into anything. He just was angry at the things going on in the country and lashed out in violence. I guess I can see how people might connect with him, as the marginalization of whites in America is a huge reason why Trump won because somehow shitting on your largest voting group and telling them they are the bad guys for wanting their voice to be heard doesn't work out. So people can connect to his anger but the way he reacted, his mannerisms, his story are all just boring and stupid. At least these people will get closure at the end of the trial and most of his fans will forget about him, unlike Eric and Dylan fans since it's impossible to give them closure without the Basement Tapes and those were destroyed so their fans will endure.

I hope when all is said and done he just gets life in prison with possibility of parole. Manson origibally got life but since the death penalty got abolished in California they commuted it and Roof deserves the same as both crimes were committed with the same goal and Roof's affected far fewer people. If they don't then they risk enraging people more as someone who killed whites to start a race war got off lighter than someone who killed blacks to start a race war and that is just not going to end well. All we can hope for is that this dipshit gets life in prison and ends up swept under a rug where he belongs, just like anyone else who murders due to race(it is a lot more common then you think)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3106
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Life with possibility of parole? Seriously? He murdered 9 people after sitting there with them in a Bible study for 45 minutes. He knew what he was going to do was wrong because he said he thought about getting up and leaving because the people were so nice to him.

He deserves life? And he deserves to have what happened with Manson's case happen to him? First of all, Manson was not originally given "life" he was given a death sentence through the state of California. However, since California got rid of the death penalty in 1972, they had no choice but to give him life in prison. Even though California later reinstated the death penalty in 1978, they could not put him back on death row. He was switched to life in prison and that is where he'll remain until he's dead. They did not just switch him over to life because they decided that his crime wasn't bad enough to warrant a death sentence or they had a change of heart and decided he "deserved" to live. They literally had no choice.

There is a big difference between his case and Dylann's case. Dylann committed a hate crime, a Federal crime. The same kind of crime as the Boston bomber. Massachusetts, where Boston is (I'm not trying to be sarcastic or imply you don't know what state Boston is in but there are some members on the forum from other countries and they may not know), does not have the death penalty, but because it was a Federal crime, he was tried in a Federal prison and was given the death penalty through the Federal court. He was still given death even though the state he committed the crime in does not have the death penalty (this is the Boston Bomber I'm referring to, not Dylann). So a state getting rid of the death penalty does not mean the criminal cannot be given a death sentence. They can, through the Federal court if you commit a Federal crime. Which is what both the Boston Bomber and Dylann Roof did. Manson did not. The state that I live in does not have the death penalty, but if I decided to go out and shoot a bunch of people from a different race and openly admit to the FBI I did it to start a race war, I can almost guarantee my ass is getting tried through the Federal court and I could receive a death sentence even though New Jersey itself does not have the death penalty and hasn't had it for a long time now.

And if Roof did his research before storming out and trying to start this "race war" he would have known that 1. What he was doing was a hate crime 2. A hate crime is a Federal crime and 3. Even if he wasn't tried through the Federal court, he would have been tried through the state of South Carolina which has it's own death penalty. So any way you put this, he was most likely getting death and if he had read up on this stuff, he'd know it.

After what he did, he "deserves" nothing more than to be given 9 death sentences. But, I do agree with you about the victim's families testifying that they forgive him and don't want him put to death. Since these are/were very religious church people, their belief in God and in forgiveness may help him out. That all depends on the jury and if they take into consideration that the families do not want him put to death.

And believe me, I know how convincing religious people can be. Once when I was in medical school, we had to have a debate on "assisted suicide" and I was leading the team that was in favor of assisted suicide. And every single point I tried to make, the people on the opposing side had great responses. And, of course, most of those people were religious and strongly believed that death is determined by God and not by man. And they have those same views on lethal injection. No matter what the crime is, they do not believe or want people to be put to death. So yes, the surviving victims and/or the family of the victims who were murdered could very well get up there and tell the judge and the jury that they don't want him to be given death. So we shall see. I'm expecting him to get death, but I know that there is a possibility of him ending up with life in prison. Parole though? No way. There is no way he is going to get the possibility to be paroled if he's given life. If he gets life, he'll be there for the rest of his life.

And finally, Roof's jury is not going to be the people from some little town in South Carolina where he committed this crime. It's going to be a jury that was selected through the Federal court.

The more I think about this and even though I believe he deserves the death penalty for what he did, I have a strange gut feeling he is going to get life. We'll find out sometime next year, I guess.

_________________
"Oh well, whatever, nevermind".


Last edited by Jenn on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:14 pm

@Jenn PREACH! Awesome! Plus let us not forget about his state trial after the federal trial is finished.
Back to top Go down
bubbles



Posts : 238
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Life with possibility of parole? Seriously? He murdered 9 people after sitting there with them in a Bible study for 45 minutes. He knew what he was going to do was wrong because he said he thought about getting up and leaving because the people were so nice to him.

He deserves life? And he deserves to have what happened with Manson's case happen to him? First of all, Manson was not originally given "life" he was given a death sentence through the state of California. However, since California got rid of the death penalty in 1972, they had no choice but to give him life in prison. Even though California later reinstated the death penalty in 1978, they could not put him back on death row. He was switched to life in prison and that is where he'll remain until he's dead. They did not just switch him over to life because they decided that his crime wasn't bad enough to warrant a death sentence or they had a change of heart and decided he "deserved" to live. They literally had no choice.

There is a big difference between his case and Dylann's case. Dylann committed a hate crime, a Federal crime. The same kind of crime as the Boston bomber. Massachusetts, where Boston is (I'm not trying to be sarcastic or imply you don't know what state Boston is in but there are some members on the forum from other countries and they may not know), does not have the death penalty, but because it was a Federal crime, he was tried in a Federal prison and was given the death penalty through the Federal court. He was still given death even though the state he committed the crime in does not have the death penalty (this is the Boston Bomber I'm referring to, not Dylann). So a state getting rid of the death penalty does not mean the criminal cannot be given a death sentence. They can, through the Federal court if you commit a Federal crime. Which is what both the Boston Bomber and Dylann Roof did. Manson did not. The state that I live in does not have the death penalty, but if I decided to go out and shoot a bunch of people from a different race and openly admit to the FBI I did it to start a race war, I can almost guarantee my ass is getting tried through the Federal court and I could receive a death sentence even though New Jersey itself does not have the death penalty and hasn't had it for a long time now.

And if Roof did his research before storming out and trying to start this "race war" he would have known that 1. What he was doing was a hate crime 2. A hate crime is a Federal crime and 3. Even if he wasn't tried through the Federal court, he would have been tried through the state of South Carolina which has it's own death penalty. So any way you put this, he was most likely getting death and if he had read up on this stuff, he'd know it.

After what he did, he "deserves" nothing more than to be given 9 death sentences. But, I do agree with you about the victim's families testifying that they forgive him and don't want him put to death. Since these are/were very religious church people, their belief in God and in forgiveness may help him out. That all depends on the jury and if they take into consideration that the families do not want him put to death.

And believe me, I know how convincing religious people can be. Once when I was in medical school, we had to have a debate on "assisted suicide" and I was leading the team that was in favor of assisted suicide. And every single point I tried to make, the people on the opposing side had great responses. And, of course, most of those people were religious and strongly believed that death is determined by God and not by man. And they have those same views on lethal injection. No matter what the crime is, they do not believe or want people to be put to death. So yes, the surviving victims and/or the family of the victims who were murdered could very well get up there and tell the judge and the jury that they don't want him to be given death. So we shall see. I'm expecting him to get death, but I know that there is a possibility of him ending up with life in prison. Parole though? No way. There is no way he is going to get the possibility to be paroled if he's given life. If he gets life, he'll be there for the rest of his life.

And finally, Roof's jury is not going to be the people from some little town in South Carolina where he committed this crime. It's going to be a jury that was selected through the Federal court.

The more I think about this and even though I believe he deserves the death penalty for what he did, I have a strange gut feeling he is going to get life. We'll find out sometime next year, I guess.

Great post.

I wish his equally idiotic friends (including one whom is black) who knew of his intentions to go on a shooting spree would also be charged with something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JM7199

avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2017-03-02
Age : 21
Location : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:25 am

Strange how Dylan's bowl cut has become a stereotype for school shooters like Harris/Klebold's trenchcoats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smiggles94

avatar

Posts : 154
Join date : 2017-04-12
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Nobody deserves the death penalty, it's basically lynching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2017-02-10
Location : Somewhere Hot and Dry

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:21 am

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think that even if Roof wasn't a racist he would still commit a rampage killing.

_________________
That is why you go to a pone [pawn] shop and buy an AK-15 because you are going to execute every last mother fucking one of you.

I plan to live in a big, black hole. My firearms will be the only things to fight my isolation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Vii

avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2016-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:19 pm

I'm pretty sure he'll end up getting death. Maybe if he had shown some remorse he'd have a chance in getting the life sentence..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3106
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm pretty sure he'll end up getting death. Maybe if he had shown some remorse he'd have a chance in getting the life sentence..
In Federal court he did get death. In a plea deal with the state of South Carolina, he received 9 life sentences.

So basically what that means is he will not be executed by the state of South Carolina but he will be executed by the Federal court. If he would have gotten a second death sentence with South Carolina, his chances of actually being executed would have doubled and it would have probably happened a lot sooner because South Carolina executes people way more often than the Federal court.

I think the Federal court has only executed 3 people since the 1960s and one of those people was the Oklahoma bomber. And the only reason he was executed so quickly was because he passed on all of his appeals (except for maybe the very first one and that was denied). If he didn't pass on those appeals, he'd still be sitting on death row in the Federal prison.

So Roof did get death but who knows if he'll actually ever be executed as it's been a really long time since the Federal court executed anyone. If he passes on his appeals, he could be executed within the next few years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wirely



Posts : 72
Join date : 2017-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Wed May 31, 2017 4:53 pm

While I feel bad for mass shooters who committed their acts for reasons related to being relentlessly bullied or having even worse done while everyone else's backs were turned on them, I do not feel sorry at all for Dylan Roof. In my eyes his motivations for the shooting were insidious and disgusting. Dylan Roof was not bullied or depressed, he was on a mission to kill out of pure hatred for another group of people because of their skin color.

I fully support Dylan getting the death penalty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1067
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 33
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:17 am

I couldn't think of much worse than getting a life sentence. I'd expect given chance I'd probably accept the death penalty if I knew there was no way I'd ever get out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2017-02-10
Location : Somewhere Hot and Dry

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:08 am

Tragedies like this are far too common. When will we as a nation take action? Now many dead bodies sprawled in our schools, our church, our malls is enough? When will the blood of the innocent become too deep for us to wade? We as a country must take action. We must outlaw assault style bowel cuts. Dylan Roof and Jesse Osborne are only the most recent examples; Adam Lanza in 2012, and Kip Kinkel of the 90's are just a few of the many cases. These haircuts are designed to ostracize their wearers; scientific studies have show that individuals with such haircuts are 25% more likely to engage in violent behavior and 49% more likely to engage in nonsocial behavior. It is a scientific fact that these haircuts are a major factor in mass shootings.

_________________
That is why you go to a pone [pawn] shop and buy an AK-15 because you are going to execute every last mother fucking one of you.

I plan to live in a big, black hole. My firearms will be the only things to fight my isolation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
InsaneIntruder
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 407
Join date : 2016-06-28
Age : 190
Location : The UK

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof GUILTY!   Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Tragedies like this are far too common. When will we as a nation take action? Now many dead bodies sprawled in our schools, our church, our malls is enough? When will the blood of the innocent become too deep for us to wade? We as a country must take action. We must outlaw assault style bowel cuts. Dylan Roof and Jesse Osborne are only the most recent examples; Adam Lanza in 2012, and Kip Kinkel of the 90's are just a few of the many cases. These haircuts are designed to ostracize their wearers; scientific studies have show that individuals with such haircuts are 25% more likely to engage in violent behavior and 49% more likely to engage in nonsocial behavior. It is a scientific fact that these haircuts are a major factor in mass shootings.
I agree. As a concerned soccer mom I demand that we take action IMMEDIATELY! BAN TACTICAL ASSAULT BOWL CUTS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
 
Dylann Roof GUILTY!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Guilty Crown Discussion Topic
» Guilty Thorn
» The Vampire on The Roof
» Brawny on the Roof (Open to anypony)
» About the Rooftop

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Other Mass Shootings-
Jump to: