Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bullying?

Go down 
+9
Love
jada887
Lunkhead McGrath
Kiwik
lasttrain
Jenn
Lizpuff
shades
bradt93
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bradt93

Contribution Points : 89206
Forum Reputation : 255

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 2:08 am

What I don't get is why wouldn't anyone do anything to help them when they got pelted with tampons and ketchup packs? Why weren't anyone in trouble for it? Those are the questions I have.

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 7:55 pm

"Why wouldn't anyone do anything to help them?"

Because schools, particularly back then before Columbine itself triggered a lot of anti-bullying movements, typically turned a blind eye to that sort of thing. I personally think getting pounded or beaten up is a lot worse than getting some ketchup on you.

(copied from another post)

The deluded, immature teenage mind would file it as "the whole school wronged me." You end up hating the institution for the bad memories it provided you with. Hell, *I'm* guilty of that--and I'm pathetic for it. I admit it. I'm still angry about dumb things that happened to me when I was 13, just because the bad memories of embarrassing (in the small picture) but ultimately trivial (in the big picture) events never go away, and because I have some OCD/perfectionism about me too, like a lot of kids do.

So when I think about my own high school today, it's largely negative, even though I could easily look up stories of "bullying" that are three hundred times worse than what happened to me, which is to say a few smacks in the head from kids who were bigger than me, loudly being told to shut up when I said something iffy in class, the occasional small harrassment, and getting in trouble a lot for silly little things. I didn't suffer from eating disorders, or get my face seriously pounded in, or sexual humiliations, or lose a best friend or family member to suicide, or serious "trouble" (drugs, pregnancy, abortion, etc.) or (since I was in high school from 1996 to 2001) Facebook hounding, any of that...the problem seems to have gotten worse than it was then. The truth was a)high school mostly sucked because of the tedium and boredom and crappy classes and minefield of trying to avoid pissing teachers off, and b)even if it did suck, and even though I'll say "high school? it sucked," I do miss the few friends that I had. It's just that the few "bad incidents" have never left my mind and have subsequently been distorted out of all proportion just because they won't go away--and my ability to admit that is largely self-congratulatory rather than anything that helps me forget the bad memories.

Thank God for college--but that's a whole different topic, and now everyone bashes college as an institution even more than they bash high school!

What I'm trying to say: people, myself included, are self-pitying, for the most part. About anything they can pity themselves for.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
"Why wouldn't anyone do anything to help them?"

Because schools, particularly back then before Columbine itself triggered a lot of anti-bullying movements, typically turned a blind eye to that sort of thing.  I personally think getting pounded or beaten up is a lot worse than getting some ketchup on you.  

(copied from another post)

The deluded, immature teenage mind would file it as "the whole school wronged me." You end up hating the institution for the bad memories it provided you with. Hell, *I'm* guilty of that--and I'm pathetic for it. I admit it. I'm still angry about dumb things that happened to me when I was 13, just because the bad memories of embarrassing (in the small picture) but ultimately trivial (in the big picture) events never go away, and because I have some OCD/perfectionism about me too, like a lot of kids do.

So when I think about my own high school today, it's largely negative, even though I could easily look up stories of "bullying" that are three hundred times worse than what happened to me, which is to say a few smacks in the head from kids who were bigger than me, loudly being told to shut up when I said something iffy in class, the occasional small harrassment, and getting in trouble a lot for silly little things. I didn't suffer from eating disorders, or get my face seriously pounded in, or sexual humiliations, or lose a best friend or family member to suicide, or serious "trouble" (drugs, pregnancy, abortion, etc.) or (since I was in high school from 1996 to 2001) Facebook hounding, any of that...the problem seems to have gotten worse than it was then. The truth was a)high school mostly sucked because of the tedium and boredom and crappy classes and minefield of trying to avoid pissing teachers off, and b)even if it did suck, and even though I'll say "high school? it sucked," I do miss the few friends that I had. It's just that the few "bad incidents" have never left my mind and have subsequently been distorted out of all proportion just because they won't go away--and my ability to admit that is largely self-congratulatory rather than anything that helps me forget the bad memories.

Thank God for college--but that's a whole different topic, and now everyone bashes college as an institution even more than they bash high school!

What I'm trying to say: people, myself included, are self-pitying, for the most part. About anything they can pity themselves for.
Yes, I went to a private high school and they didn't have a prom, that's the only thing I would've missed in a public high school.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 10:39 pm

I watched a bullying video on YT and a guy made fun of this girl and his sister found about it and told him she was crying in class and he said "we are just doing it for fun" then his sister made him realize what he did was wrong and at the end of it, he told his victim, I am so sorry. It was very nice and that's how bullying should be stopped.

Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: prom   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 12:48 pm

"Yes, I went to a private high school and they didn't have a prom, that's the only thing I would've missed in a public high school."

I thought my junior prom was so lame and boring that I didn't even attend the second one.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 101438
Forum Reputation : 74

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 11:02 am

bradt93 wrote:
What I don't get is why wouldn't anyone do anything to help them when they got pelted with tampons and ketchup packs? Why weren't anyone in trouble for it? Those are the questions I have.

I don't believe that Eric and Dylan were ever pelted with ketchup packets and tampons.

First of all, no one in the 11k says anything about it and every student at the school was interviewed in great detail about any bullying incidents involving Eric and Dylan.

The only somewhat first-hand account of this incident is from Chad Laughlin, who told Alan Predergast that it happened junior year. Laughlin says he did not see it but "caught the tail end of it." According to Laughlin it was just Dylan, not Eric, and it was ketchup-covered tampons.

Brooks Brown, who did not witness the incident and reports it second-hand, later stated that this incident happened in January. This makes it sync with the reference to "January's incident" in the killers' plans. Also, Brown says it is both Dylan and Eric, adding Eric to Laughlin's account. Brown also says that "people surrounded them . . . calling them faggots" and that "teachers watched," even though not a single student recalls seeing this happen. So Brown, who did not witness it, has added three things to Laughlin's account--that it happened in January, that Eric was there too, and that large numbers of students and teachers surrounded the pair. Brown also subtracts one thing from Laughlin's account--Laughlin says it was tampons and Brown says it was just ketchup.

Later Susan Klebold told Andrew Solomon that she saw Dylan come home one day with ketchup on his shirt and he said he'd had "the worst day of his life." She told Solomon that after Dylan's death she was told "of an incident in which Dylan and Eric had apparently been shoved and squirted with ketchup by kids calling them fags." She repeated the story in her book, attributing it to "reporting" rather than a story she was told. I don't know who told Sue Klebold this story, but you can see that it has now expanded even more in the version she heard--the pair is now being shoved in addition to being squirted with ketchup.

So we go from Chad Laughlin's eyewitness account of Dylan with ketchup on his shirt to a story of Eric and Dylan surrounded by a gang of students who are shoving them, yelling homophobic slurs, and squirting them with ketchup, while teachers watch approvingly in front of the entire cafeteria.

More than likely what happened was Dylan had ketchup squirted on his shirt in a minor incident not witnessed by any of his friends and after the shooting it was blown up into both Eric and Dylan being mass assaulted by hundreds of homophobic jocks while teachers looked on. And the reason it was blown up is because people were looking for a motive.
Back to top Go down
jada887

jada887

Contribution Points : 74778
Forum Reputation : 175

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 9:19 pm

[quote="bradt93"][quote="Jenn"]
lasttrain wrote:

For once you and I can agree on something. I do not believe that bullying was a main reason behind Columbine either. And I also believe that Dylan and Eric bullied way worse than they were bullied.

It's interesting to read and listen to what Brooks Brown wrote and said about bullying at Columbine on his tumblr page and various T.V. documentaries. I think he had said that Eric and Dylan never bullied anyone but were constantly bullied; and then in the same breath, he will talk about his own bullying. He wrote on tumblr about a jock throwing a baseball at him, hitting him in the face. I am not suggesting that Brooks made this up, but I believe he is trying very hard to fit the motive to the crime.

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 10:50 am

Has anyone ever experienced bullying like this where the popular girls come up to you and start acting perfect in front of your face?
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 8:38 pm

If anyone had approached me like that in high school, I would beat the crap out of them.

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 6:37 am

Also, why didn't Eric and Dylan just kill the bullies? Why go after innocent victims who did nothing to them?

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 8:53 am

bradt93 wrote:
Also, why didn't Eric and Dylan just kill the bullies? Why go after innocent victims who did nothing to them?

There are theories but some of them are that they wanted to kill everyone regardless of bully status. That the bullies were not the main target. That they didn't really even have a target. They wanted to kill as many as they could.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 10:31 am

Well, I know if I saw Evan Todd, I would punch that guy right in the face. I would say, you bullied kids huh, let's see how you like it when you are on the receiving end.

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 11:16 am

I am not convinced that Evan Todd ever bullied anyone, despite what he says.

After people suffer a mass violence incident, they will often develop fantasies of retribution as a way of coping with the trauma.

Todd's admission to bullying is very vague and refer to "the whole school," not anything he specifically did. To me it sounds like a coping mechanism, a way of trying to recover a sense of initiative after Eric and Dylan had mentally damaged him.

Apparently neither Eric nor Dylan recognized him. Remember, Eric was the person who went through the entire yearbook and vandalized every picture. Eric would have remembered if Evan Todd had bullied him.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Well, he sounded like a total asshole and he just rubs me the wrong way.

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 6:57 pm

I think [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is spot on with his assessment. Plus, in 1999 a guy's masculinity and sexuality was sensitive and a gay slur hurled at a straight guy could end in a brawl. Perhaps Mr. Todd was docile as a house cat, but he needed to appear macho and masculine. Perhaps not. Maybe he was a bully, but I would think Eric or Dylan would have mentioned his name if he were such a big bully.

I'm not saying it's right, but few of us have lived through such an ordeal. In coming to terms with it, especially in 1999 (and I have to stress, it really was a different time), maybe he needed to feel macho and tough in order to work through it, like he had at least been involved in some way in order to explain what happened to him.

I would like to think, like all of us who came of age around then, he is an entirely different person today. Although, with what happened to him, there is no norm, no statistic and really no right answer with who he may be today. I have read stories of other survivors who have struggled so heartbreakingly with addiction and other issues. No one deserved what happened to them and certainly the after effects are seemingly never ending. It's a tragedy.

Sorry to ramble.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 12:13 am

Well said and I don't think he should be criticized on this board.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 1:42 am

bradt93 wrote:
Well, I know if I saw Evan Todd, I would punch that guy right in the face. I would say, you bullied kids huh, let's see how you like it when you are on the receiving end.
Look, you need to knock it off with all this violent talk directed towards the victims of Columbine. And that is exactly what Evan Todd was - a victim. Not only was he injured when the 2 murderers were shooting their guns at him but Dylan also harassed him, called him names, was making fun of him and was threatening him with a gun knowing that the kid had no way to defend himself. You don't like him and he rubs you the wrong way, well OK, that's fine but saying you're gonna kick his ass and all this other violent talk is not OK and I'd appreciate it if you left those kind of comments off the board.

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 8:41 am

I don't think Evan Todd was as much of a bully as claimed. Yes I think he probably was a jock and wearing a white hat, but if you just look at the guy he isn't really what Eric and Dylan claimed to hate. He was overweight and not gorgeous by any means. I think Dylan looked into his face and saw the fear and panic he wanted. I dont think either Eric or Dylan really did recognize him as someone that "tortured" them at all simply because I don't think he did.
He may have been around when bullying occurred and laughed about it or not tried to stop it but I doubt he did any real bullying himself.

shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Is It Easier to Hate On Bullies, or Killers Created As A Result of Bullies?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:10 am

If hate is too strong of a word and you would rather choose to say blame, is it easier to divert it all towards bullies or killers?
On one end you have people who pick on others and bring others down incessantly and they end up getting away with it because it's near impossible to put a stop on one when there's a cluster of them, while the other you have people tired of it and decide to put matters in their own hands by 'seeking revenge', bringing their story out by killing. Being murderers.

When you end up as a murderer, what you do is wrong and it outweighs being a bully. Suddenly the bully is a victim if he almost had his life taken away by someone opposite of him with a gun. What are your thoughts and where do you stand?

Lizpuff

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:19 am

I don't agree with murder. It doesn't matter to me who is killed. But murder in and of itself is wrong period to me.
I guess I value mercy as opposed to justice. This is religion based for me. I believe God is the judge not myself. He will pass the justice.

shades

shades

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:30 am

That's a very clear answer girl.

Lizpuff

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:35 am

shades wrote:
That's a very clear answer girl.

It was hard for me to keep to my point because I feel a bit grey in this area at times. Sometimes when an "evil" person is killed I cheer a bit inside, but ultimately know that I feel that is wrong lol
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 66891

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 11:23 am

I'll never be on the side of the bully. If the bully gets back from whom he constantly abused, I don't think I would be even a little bit sorry for him. That's his problem. But if it has affected other innocent people then it is a completely different situation.

Love

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 11:30 am

Lizpuff wrote:
I don't think Evan Todd was as much of a bully as claimed.  Yes I think he probably was a jock and wearing a white hat, but if you just look at the guy he isn't really what Eric and Dylan claimed to hate.  He was overweight and not gorgeous by any means.  I think Dylan looked into his face and saw the fear and panic he wanted.  I dont think either Eric or Dylan really did recognize him as someone that "tortured" them at all simply because I don't think he did.  
He may have been around when bullying occurred and laughed about it or not tried to stop it but I doubt he did any real bullying himself.
Evan doesn't even look like a man, seriously involved in sports.

shades

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 11:38 am

This discussion about Evan should actually be in the Evan Todd thread, which I voiced my opinions about Evan on. I agree with you guys that Evan shouldn't get so much of the hate at this point let alone at all. He's trying to make a difference now it seems.

shades

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 11:50 am

For me, I wouldn't be on the bully's side either. I'm not gonna deny that I'm okay with certain killings either to be honest. It's all a dependable situation. So let's say Eric or Dylan went and killed someone who directly gave them hell. Let's say. It might be easier to digest the situation.
It's a tragedy cause they took out the utmost innocent ones and ironically the collateral damage is what made Columbine big and brought their stories out even more.

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm not a bully, but what I am also not is a pushover who has ever abided by bullies' and their antics. I have been suspended in school and I have fought with these thugs, both for myself and those I care about. My experience, since kindergarten (I know, right?), has been that when I stand up to them, they back down. I've always been small and I'm a girl, but I've stood up to huuuuuge girls and guys alike. Sometimes, it's been a verbal confrontation, sometimes, physical. What I think, probably if you asked THEM, they would say that I bullied THEM! Pride, and all that, I suppose. Never, ever, ever have I intentionally went out of my way to be a bully or to hurt anyone. This was all in school. I am not advocating my actions, and remember, it was the 80's and 90's. I, along with a lot of other kids, were raised to "take care of business, if business is put on your doorstep", so to speak. Had I been a bully, certainly my parents would have found out in the relatively small place I grew up and I would have paid dearly. That was never my intent or interest, and in fact, was something I despised.

Now, I call people out on bad behavior. To this day, I can't stand back and allow someone perceived as "weak" to be harmed. But I do it with the beauty of language. I am, for the most part, around decent people now, but we are all grown, too.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:20 pm

shades wrote:
For me, I wouldn't be on the bully's side either. I'm not gonna deny that I'm okay with certain killings either to be honest. It's all a dependable situation. So let's say Eric or Dylan went and killed someone who directly gave them hell. Let's say. It might be easier to digest the situation.
It's a tragedy cause they took out the utmost innocent ones and ironically the collateral damage is what made Columbine big and brought their stories out even more.
Why would they kill innocent people though? why not kill the bullies even though I don't agree with that either. They should've kicked the bullies asses, that way all the anger would be out of their system.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:20 pm

That's why I hate Evan Todd, because he was one of the bullies.

Lizpuff

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:26 pm

bradt93 wrote:
shades wrote:
Why would they kill innocent people though? why not kill the bullies even though I don't agree with that either. They should've kicked the bullies asses, that way all the anger would be out of their system.

To Eric everyone was a robot. NO ONE was innocent. Everyone deserved to die. To Dylan everyone was below him. He didn't care if they died.

Im not sure how else to phrase this. They wanted everyone to die.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Columbine was not about bullies. Not at all

bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:29 pm

True, but I hope the bullies have some sort of guilty conscience how they treated those 2 boys. If I was Sue Klebold, I would go up to Evan Todd and ask him, why did you bully my son?

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Bullying was a part of it though, because I read people saying bullying was a big problem at that school back then.

Lizpuff

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:33 pm

bradt93 wrote:
True, but I hope the bullies have some sort of guilty conscience how they treated those 2 boys. If I was Sue Klebold, I would go up to Evan Todd and ask him, why did you bully my son?

I read an article on here that Lporter posted in which a bully at Columbine 15 years later stated that yes he regretted his actions. So probably some do.

Chances are all of them have moved on with their lives and don't think much of it besides an event that happened. Like they don't blame themselves. Eric and Dylan were nothing to them. Going on 20 years out now they probably still think nothing of them.

Eric talked like he wanted to teach people lessons. Elliot Rodger the same. Did they? Honestly not really

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:35 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Bullying was a part of it though, because I read people saying bullying was a big problem at that school back then.

This is getting way off topic here, but did Bullying occur at Columbine? Yes. Did Eric and Dylan experience it? I am sure they did.

Was it what caused Columbine? No.

Don't be offended here, but all of your posts reflect your past and your experience with bullying. There are a lot of members trying to respond back to you and offer facts and other comments and you ignore it all based on the fact that you think there are kids who deserved to be killed by Eric and Dylan just because they bullied them.
It is starting to get old.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

I read an article on here that Lporter posted in which a bully at Columbine 15 years later stated that yes he regretted his actions.  So probably some do.

Chances are all of them have moved on with their lives and don't think much of it besides an event that happened.  Like they don't blame themselves.  Eric and Dylan were nothing to them.  Going on 20 years out now they probably still think nothing of them.

Eric talked like he wanted to teach people lessons.  Elliot Rodger the same.  Did they?  Honestly not really
How can they not think about if they caused the 2 guys to snap?

Lizpuff

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:36 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

I read an article on here that Lporter posted in which a bully at Columbine 15 years later stated that yes he regretted his actions.  So probably some do.

Chances are all of them have moved on with their lives and don't think much of it besides an event that happened.  Like they don't blame themselves.  Eric and Dylan were nothing to them.  Going on 20 years out now they probably still think nothing of them.

Eric talked like he wanted to teach people lessons.  Elliot Rodger the same.  Did they?  Honestly not really

Because they don't see themselves as the reason they snapped.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

This is getting way off topic here, but did Bullying occur at Columbine?  Yes.  Did Eric and Dylan experience it?  I am sure they did.  

Was it what caused Columbine?  No.

Don't be offended here, but all of your posts reflect your past and your experience with bullying.  There are a lot of members trying to respond back to you and offer facts and other comments and you ignore it all based on the fact that you think there are kids who deserved to be killed by Eric and Dylan just because they bullied them.  
It is starting to get old.
You don't need to get smart with me, yes based on my experience I take bullying personally and I'm not saying they deserve to be killed.

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

Because they don't see themselves as the reason they snapped.  
Well, they are a bunch of idiots.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:39 pm

By the way, their should be no personal attacks on this board.

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:42 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

You probably bullied people in your school now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:42 pm

I am not attacking you. I am just wondering I guess if you see bullying as the main root cause of Columbine? If you do why? What facts other than the journals do you have to support that?

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:43 pm

bradt93 wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

You probably bullied people in your school now that I think about it.

LMAO no. I am the furthest thing from a bully. I was picked on myself. I had bullies and kids mock me day after day. But I am old enough now to not care and have moved on with my life.
Back to top Go down

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:28 pm

@bradt83, our lovely Lizpuff is the furthest thing from a bully. This is a beautiful soul here who has a genuine interest in other's perspectives. Read some of her posts and you will see what an open minded, kind person she is. She has never said a bad thing to anyone here that I'm aware of. She isn't attacking you, I swear. I won't speak for her but I'm 36 and I can confirm that I don't care about high school or even college and I have moved on. Life is different now, what was important as a teenager and my early 20's, well, isn't now. It is lovely and infinitely more beautiful and pleasant. Please don't think I didn't have tragedies, trials, battles and angst. I absolutely did, but time fades the memories and they become a part of my past and has shaped me to who I am.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:30 pm

If they killed the bullies it's too easy. That's the thing they're cunning. Hell, they might've even purposely eradicated EVERYONE because it would make their point and make their crime more popular. By the time 4/20 came about, every person they see is just a moving object. It wasn't exactly a revenge plot where they seek out significant people.

shades

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I really need you to not attack people personally on this board. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I have been on here for awhile now and she's the greatest. I suggest you read what people are trying to say to you and not keep a blind eye on the points made because of your own past angers.

shades

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:35 pm

And for probably the fifth time, Evan Todd didn't bully them. How come he's the only name that comes up around here? Oh because he went on interviews and talked to the media?

Lizpuff

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:43 pm

shades wrote:
And for probably the fifth time, Evan Todd didn't bully them. How come he's the only name that comes up around here? Oh because he went on interviews and talked to the media?

I think if I am not mistaken, That Evan once in an interview said he was a bully....(more of a general bully not a bully just to E&D)..... so perhaps that is a part of it too?

In any case, In reading the 11k there is a section where they contacted everyone they could on Eric and Dylan's HIT LISTS and most of them had no idea why they would be on that list. Some didn't even know who they were. Only a very select few were like "Yea I deserve to be on that list"....so it would seem to me that no one really thought they were the reason for columbine
Back to top Go down

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:46 pm

That's it, their plan was to blow up *everyone* in the school; friends, bullies, acquaintances, teachers, special needs students, etc. They didn't discriminate. That's what makes this an interesting case, the whole "why" of it. Had they went after the bullies, we wouldn't be here almost 18 years later, unless to briefly mention it. That would have been easy and logical.

At that time in policing history, they could have unimpeded access to anywhere in the schoo, for hours we now know. If they wanted the "bullies", the "tormentors" I bet they knew exactly where to find them. They didn't, though. They chose a random, innocent cross section of the school's population and cowardly slaughtered them while they tried to hide, while they cried in terror and while they begged for their lives before being mocked and blown away. That's what I think about. I have seen horrors most people can't fathom at the hands of violent, uncaring humanity. It is ugly, believe that.
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Lizpuff wrote:

In any case, In reading the 11k there is a section where they contacted everyone they could on Eric and Dylan's HIT LISTS and most of them had no idea why they would be on that list.  Some didn't even know who they were.  Only a very select few were like "Yea I deserve to be on that list"....so it would seem to me that no one really thought they were the reason for columbine
I don't think that all people honestly answered questions about why they are in the lists. Not all people have the courage to admit their deeds.

Bullying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Bullying? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bullying?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next