Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Bullying?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Columbine was not about bullies. Not at all

bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:29 pm

True, but I hope the bullies have some sort of guilty conscience how they treated those 2 boys. If I was Sue Klebold, I would go up to Evan Todd and ask him, why did you bully my son?
Back to top Go down
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Bullying was a part of it though, because I read people saying bullying was a big problem at that school back then.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
True, but I hope the bullies have some sort of guilty conscience how they treated those 2 boys. If I was Sue Klebold, I would go up to Evan Todd and ask him, why did you bully my son?

I read an article on here that Lporter posted in which a bully at Columbine 15 years later stated that yes he regretted his actions. So probably some do.

Chances are all of them have moved on with their lives and don't think much of it besides an event that happened. Like they don't blame themselves. Eric and Dylan were nothing to them. Going on 20 years out now they probably still think nothing of them.

Eric talked like he wanted to teach people lessons. Elliot Rodger the same. Did they? Honestly not really

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Bullying was a part of it though, because I read people saying bullying was a big problem at that school back then.

This is getting way off topic here, but did Bullying occur at Columbine? Yes. Did Eric and Dylan experience it? I am sure they did.

Was it what caused Columbine? No.

Don't be offended here, but all of your posts reflect your past and your experience with bullying. There are a lot of members trying to respond back to you and offer facts and other comments and you ignore it all based on the fact that you think there are kids who deserved to be killed by Eric and Dylan just because they bullied them.
It is starting to get old.
Back to top Go down
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:35 pm

I read an article on here that Lporter posted in which a bully at Columbine 15 years later stated that yes he regretted his actions.  So probably some do.

Chances are all of them have moved on with their lives and don't think much of it besides an event that happened.  Like they don't blame themselves.  Eric and Dylan were nothing to them.  Going on 20 years out now they probably still think nothing of them.

Eric talked like he wanted to teach people lessons.  Elliot Rodger the same.  Did they?  Honestly not really
How can they not think about if they caused the 2 guys to snap?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:36 pm

I read an article on here that Lporter posted in which a bully at Columbine 15 years later stated that yes he regretted his actions.  So probably some do.

Chances are all of them have moved on with their lives and don't think much of it besides an event that happened.  Like they don't blame themselves.  Eric and Dylan were nothing to them.  Going on 20 years out now they probably still think nothing of them.

Eric talked like he wanted to teach people lessons.  Elliot Rodger the same.  Did they?  Honestly not really

Because they don't see themselves as the reason they snapped.
Back to top Go down
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:37 pm

This is getting way off topic here, but did Bullying occur at Columbine?  Yes.  Did Eric and Dylan experience it?  I am sure they did.  

Was it what caused Columbine?  No.

Don't be offended here, but all of your posts reflect your past and your experience with bullying.  There are a lot of members trying to respond back to you and offer facts and other comments and you ignore it all based on the fact that you think there are kids who deserved to be killed by Eric and Dylan just because they bullied them.  
It is starting to get old.
You don't need to get smart with me, yes based on my experience I take bullying personally and I'm not saying they deserve to be killed.
Back to top Go down
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Because they don't see themselves as the reason they snapped.  
Well, they are a bunch of idiots.
Back to top Go down
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:39 pm

By the way, their should be no personal attacks on this board.
Back to top Go down
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:42 pm

You probably bullied people in your school now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:42 pm

I am not attacking you. I am just wondering I guess if you see bullying as the main root cause of Columbine? If you do why? What facts other than the journals do you have to support that?

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:43 pm

You probably bullied people in your school now that I think about it.

LMAO no. I am the furthest thing from a bully. I was picked on myself. I had bullies and kids mock me day after day. But I am old enough now to not care and have moved on with my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:28 pm

@bradt83, our lovely Lizpuff is the furthest thing from a bully. This is a beautiful soul here who has a genuine interest in other's perspectives. Read some of her posts and you will see what an open minded, kind person she is. She has never said a bad thing to anyone here that I'm aware of. She isn't attacking you, I swear. I won't speak for her but I'm 36 and I can confirm that I don't care about high school or even college and I have moved on. Life is different now, what was important as a teenager and my early 20's, well, isn't now. It is lovely and infinitely more beautiful and pleasant. Please don't think I didn't have tragedies, trials, battles and angst. I absolutely did, but time fades the memories and they become a part of my past and has shaped me to who I am.
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:30 pm

If they killed the bullies it's too easy. That's the thing they're cunning. Hell, they might've even purposely eradicated EVERYONE because it would make their point and make their crime more popular. By the time 4/20 came about, every person they see is just a moving object. It wasn't exactly a revenge plot where they seek out significant people.

That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I really need you to not attack people personally on this board. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I have been on here for awhile now and she's the greatest. I suggest you read what people are trying to say to you and not keep a blind eye on the points made because of your own past angers.

Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:35 pm

And for probably the fifth time, Evan Todd didn't bully them. How come he's the only name that comes up around here? Oh because he went on interviews and talked to the media?

Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:43 pm

And for probably the fifth time, Evan Todd didn't bully them. How come he's the only name that comes up around here? Oh because he went on interviews and talked to the media?

I think if I am not mistaken, That Evan once in an interview said he was a bully....(more of a general bully not a bully just to E&D)..... so perhaps that is a part of it too?

In any case, In reading the 11k there is a section where they contacted everyone they could on Eric and Dylan's HIT LISTS and most of them had no idea why they would be on that list. Some didn't even know who they were. Only a very select few were like "Yea I deserve to be on that list"....so it would seem to me that no one really thought they were the reason for columbine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:46 pm

That's it, their plan was to blow up *everyone* in the school; friends, bullies, acquaintances, teachers, special needs students, etc. They didn't discriminate. That's what makes this an interesting case, the whole "why" of it. Had they went after the bullies, we wouldn't be here almost 18 years later, unless to briefly mention it. That would have been easy and logical.

At that time in policing history, they could have unimpeded access to anywhere in the schoo, for hours we now know. If they wanted the "bullies", the "tormentors" I bet they knew exactly where to find them. They didn't, though. They chose a random, innocent cross section of the school's population and cowardly slaughtered them while they tried to hide, while they cried in terror and while they begged for their lives before being mocked and blown away. That's what I think about. I have seen horrors most people can't fathom at the hands of violent, uncaring humanity. It is ugly, believe that.
Back to top Go down
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:01 pm

In any case, In reading the 11k there is a section where they contacted everyone they could on Eric and Dylan's HIT LISTS and most of them had no idea why they would be on that list.  Some didn't even know who they were.  Only a very select few were like "Yea I deserve to be on that list"....so it would seem to me that no one really thought they were the reason for columbine
I don't think that all people honestly answered questions about why they are in the lists. Not all people have the courage to admit their deeds.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:07 pm

In any case, In reading the 11k there is a section where they contacted everyone they could on Eric and Dylan's HIT LISTS and most of them had no idea why they would be on that list.  Some didn't even know who they were.  Only a very select few were like "Yea I deserve to be on that list"....so it would seem to me that no one really thought they were the reason for columbine
I don't think that all people honestly answered questions about why they are in the lists. Not all people have the courage to admit their deeds.

Probably to some extent true. But really 20 years out....if anyone still does feel guilty they need therapy most likely. Life moves on
Back to top Go down
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Tomb wrote:
That's it, their plan was to blow up *everyone* in the school; friends, bullies, acquaintances, teachers, special needs students, etc. They didn't discriminate. That's what makes this an interesting case, the whole "why" of it. Had they went after the bullies, we wouldn't be here almost 18 years later, unless to briefly mention it. That would have been easy and logical.

At that time in policing history, they could have unimpeded access to anywhere in the schoo, for hours we now know. If they wanted the "bullies", the "tormentors" I bet they knew exactly where to find them. They didn't, though. They chose a random, innocent cross section of the school's population and cowardly slaughtered them while they tried to hide, while they cried in terror and while they begged for their lives before being mocked and blown away. That's what I think about. I have seen horrors most people can't fathom at the hands of violent, uncaring humanity. It is ugly, believe that.
Eric and Dylan knew how much time they have? Unlikely. They expected at any moment to deal with the police, so they were in a hurry. If they knew for almost 3 hours you can walk around the school I can assure you they wouldn't miss a chance to find people from the list.

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:16 pm

The bottom line, what we have is hearsay on bullying of Eric and Dylan. Where is the proof? There are varying accounts, none any more reliable than the last. Most people in the 90's experienced some form of harassment. It's not right, but neither is it right today and it still occurs. I have never gotten the impression from them that they were bullied to death or even endured much worse than an average kid then. If they did...

WHY didn't they track down the bullies instead of a plot to blow up the entire school indiscriminately? Hours of unimpeded access and "armed to the teeth", I'm sure they knew where the "worst of the worst" were. Didn't we all in high school when someone was on your radar? They didn't. Period.
Back to top Go down
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:18 pm

Probably to some extent true.  But really 20 years out....if anyone still does feel guilty they need therapy most likely.  Life moves on
I do not believe in the conscience of a bully. Even less that it will be their torment in the last almost 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Sure they expected the police, but so what? They were gonna die anyway, so find those big bad bullies. If that was their intent, with their knowledge of the school, they could have entered close to where they needed to be. Are you going to tell me that those kids in the library were deserving of what happened? I see a lot of your postings and I challenge you to tell us what you think happened and why? Instead of attacking a point of view, lay yours out for us. Not being rude at all.
Back to top Go down
Acid84

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:32 pm

I think its easier to hate the killers myself due to the fact that many people go through some sort of bullying in their lives (in fact most of the bullies do to to some degree) that an act even as harsh and vindictive as bullying does not give anyone the right to kill.
Im staying on topic here for the purpose of the thread but I will add that I feel perhaps bullying may have made Eric and Dylan feel more ostricised and even played a part in their decision to do what they did but was it their sole motivator... I strongly doubt it Smile
Now cant we all just get along and have a few brewskis Laughing

Back to top Go down
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:37 pm

No, of course I don't think anyone deserved to die. I'm just trying to understand the motives. They hoped to blow up the school. All that they have done in the library was improvisation. I think they hated not only the bullies, but in General the very school system hierarchy. So why chase the bullies when you can blow up the school with all of these hateful children? Again I will explain that this is not what I think, I'm just trying to understand what they were thinking.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:38 pm

I think its easier to hate the killers myself due to the fact that many people go through some sort of bullying in their lives (in fact most of the bullies do to to some degree) that an act even as harsh and vindictive as bullying does not give anyone the right to kill.
Im staying on topic here for the purpose of the thread but I will add that I feel perhaps bullying may have made Eric and Dylan feel more ostricised and even played a part in their decision to do what they did but was it their sole motivator... I strongly doubt it Smile
Now cant we all just get along and have a few brewskis  Laughing

Yep but you are buying !!! JK lol!
Back to top Go down
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:41 pm

Probably to some extent true.  But really 20 years out....if anyone still does feel guilty they need therapy most likely.  Life moves on
I do not believe in the conscience of a bully. Even less that it will be their torment in the last almost 20 years.
Me either, I just don't get it. Why do bullies feel the need to put other people down? Everyone, I'm sorry for getting so personal on this topic and I don't mean to empathize with Dylan and Eric. Since middle school, I had to go through therapy, because of the bullying I got. Sad I will go on with my life, but I will always have those bad memories. I just read stories about kids committing suicide, because of being bullied. geez, I feel like I'm going to weap thinking about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bullying?   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:42 pm

@Acid84 What is this lunacy you speak of? Stay on topic?!? Isn't it a mandate to have someone criticize a different point of view while never sharing their own? *Clutching my pearls and feeling faint*

lol! it's all good. I'm leaving this and a couple other threads that have spiraled into nonsense. I enjoy scholarly, intellectual thoughts and posts.
Back to top Go down

Bullying?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next