Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Evan Todd?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Evan Todd?   Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Luck and a lie saved wrestler
April 22, 1999
By Norm Clarke
Rocky Mountain Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer

Columbine High sophomore Evan Todd lied when a gunman came into the library, shoved a shotgun in his face and asked him if he was a jock.

"I said no I wasn't," said the 15-year-old Todd, a member of the school's varsity wrestling team.

"I told him, 'I have no problem with you. I've never done anything to you. I just want to live."'

He was spared, he's convinced, because he didn't wear his favorite baseball cap. The one with the word Navy on it.

The one he wore instead sported a shamrock.

"That was my lucky charm."

Todd figures he was among nine or 10 survivors from the library, where most of the bodies were found after two Columbine students went on a shooting rampage.

He was in the library Tuesday when he heard explosions in the hallway.

"I glanced around the corner of the library and they shot at me with a shotgun. I dove behind a coffee machine," said Todd.

One of the gunmen, identified by Todd as Dylan Klebold, walked up to him and put the shotgun in his face.

After the exchange, Klebold turned away.

"They (Klebold and Eric Harris) went walking up and down the aisles, watching each other's backs, shooting people on the floor."

One of the shooters turned back and sprayed bullets at the coffee machine, where Todd was taking shelter. He was treated for eight minor wounds from flying wood and plastic debris.

"I heard maybe 50-60 shots in the library and they chucked four-five pipebombs in the room," he said.

"They kept saying jocks made them feel like outcasts. Then they said they were going to the cafeteria to get more people," said Todd.

He bolted from the library when the gunmen left.

Todd had gone to the library Tuesday to work on a report.

Its title? School uniforms, health behavior and crime.

"It was about if kids wore uniforms would violence be reduced," Todd said. "I thought about it today, about what a coincidence."
It's sad they made them feel like outcasts. Noone deserves to be shunned. I don't get it, what is so wrong with being friends with everyone in high school including the jocks?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Evan Todd?   Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It's sad they made them feel like outcasts. Noone deserves to be shunned. I don't get it, what is so wrong with being friends with everyone in high school including the jocks?
In fairness the guys themselves taunted by the other children.

bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Evan Todd?   Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:20 am

I stand by what I said before though, Evan Todd and the others had no right being bullies to them. Who knows, Evan Todd may of saw those guys of actually cool if it wasn't for belonging to a certain "group" and trying to impress everyone else. It's like people are afraid to be friends with the "outcasts" , because they themselves will get shunned too. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with high school culture anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Evan Todd?   Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:07 pm

I don't like Evan Todd either, bullying those two boys was not nice. Evan Todd admited in an interview that the boys were rejects and who would be nice to them wearing trenchcoats and thorns on their heads? if any of you think that's cool to say, then some of you have a real problem. Evan Todd wanted to bully them so they could leave the school, what right does he have to do that?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Evan Todd?   Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:20 pm

columbinefan wrote:
I don't like Evan Todd either, bullying those two boys was not nice. Evan Todd admited in an interview that the boys were rejects and who would be nice to them wearing trenchcoats and thorns on their heads? if any of you think that's cool to say, then some of you have a real problem. Evan Todd wanted to bully them so they could leave the school, what right does he have to do that?
Hi, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. You do know that every time you log into the forum, I can see your IP address, right? Making a new account after I banned you isn't going to hide that it's really you.

Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Evan Todd?   Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:56 am

I never heard of this whole devil horns on the head thing by anyone but them. Then there are reports they wore swatzikas on their face by one guy.. You have to figure too after a tragedy like this, there may be people who genuinely had no problem with them but they can't just say that so they start harping on how bad they were.

The writers on Degrassi did this pretty well in their school shooting episode I think, . Toby and Rick were friends. Toby had some very popular friends but he really liked Rick too. Rick brought a gun to school and shot a student then ended up dying in a struggle. Reporters and the like interviewed Toby and Toby said "no, he was a pyscho, we don't ask me questions" so imagine either not knowing them or having cursory interactions with them and then this happening? Then on the other side you have Devon, Robyn, Zach, Brooks, Susan, Chris and Nate who really liked the guys. They perhaps had to be careful how much they talked about when it came to Eric and Dylan in a positive way.

I never got a good vibe from Evan Todd. It does pain me when I learn of the victims like Rachel, Danny M etc. and hear of all their stories thenwere NOT friends, we have someone running their mouths and seemingly learning nothing from the tragedy. If it were me I damn well would make something positive of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuga

PostSubject: Re: Evan Todd?   Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:18 pm

This guy isn't really likeable. Compared to some other notable survivors, I don't get the idea that he's come out a better person out of this tragedy. Arguably, he was part of the toxic environment that contributed to the tragedy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Evan Todd?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2