Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1984 McDonalds Massacre

Go down 
+4
InsaneIntruder
TheSpiral
sscc
bradt93
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93

Contribution Points : 89206
Forum Reputation : 255

1984 McDonalds Massacre Empty
PostSubject: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 2:19 pm

I was reading about this mass shooting in the 80s called the McDonald's Massacre. James Huberty, why did he do it and did he have a mental illness?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 2:25 pm

From what I recall, he was taking Valium and had run out of his prescription in the midst of a move. He called a mental health clinic and was asked if he was a danger to himself and was he danger to others. He answered no to both questions, so they set up an appointment awhile later, maybe a week or so. The next day, he goes on the rampage. You can read all about it on Wikipedia if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Here's a video with a lot of original footage and interviews.

One reporter says that he told people "I've killed a thousand and I'm going to kill a thousand more."

According to his wife, his family had a nice day, with a trip to the zoo that morning and a meal at McDonald's before coming home. She says that he was fiddling with ammunition while she was in their bedroom and then he came to kiss her goodbye and said he was going to "hunt humans" which she ignored, thinking he was trying to upset her. Then he gave her a thumbs up and left.

They also say some interesting things about how in the past, people didn't know to take off-hand comments about suicide seriously but that they had eventually learned. They go on to say that now (in the 1980s) people didn't know to take off-hand comments about homicide seriously, but that they would learn. I think of Columbine 15 years later and it's clear that the kids around Eric and Dylan had no idea that they were supposed to take those comments seriously.

This documentary covers several older mass shootings, also with original footage. The segment on the 1984 Huberty massacre starts at ~12:55.

His wife states that he was hearing voices and again says that he mentioned hunting humans.

I don't know if there's a real answer to why he did it, especially if there's a possibility that he was experiencing psychotic symptoms, but his life story fits the description of a lot of shooters. A guy with some existing anger or personality issues who was subjected to personal failures or disadvantages (at least some of which were not necessarily his own fault). He lost his welding job when the plant closed, prompting them to move to California and then the month of the rampage, he lost his job as a security guard. Top that off with ambiguous mental health problems that were improperly addressed and an interest in guns and things can end badly.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 6:54 pm

His family doesn't seem too shocked at the situation, huh wierd people..

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 8:35 pm

BornToKill wrote:

I noticed that as well, in particular his wife. What interviews I've seen of her, she has a rather flat affect.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 9:24 pm

Tomb wrote:
BornToKill wrote:

I noticed that as well, in particular his wife. What interviews I've seen of her, she has a rather flat affect.

I know right, that's how I image Wayne Harris talking to police.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 1:37 am

Maybe it's a coping mechanism or the effects of medication. I know I would be a nervous wreck if I were in those unenviable positions. Of course, some people just don't have a vast emotional range either.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Rob Dyke made a video about it which gives a lot of info on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 9:41 pm

He said he was "hunting humans". Cuckoo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 2:09 am

has any other shooters left there kids behind when they did an attack, i can only think of Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, Omar manteen, and huberty
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 2:44 am

anybody have a link to this yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 2:48 am

sororityalpha wrote:

anybody have a link to this yet?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this maybe
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72184
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 4:18 am

I find brutal and indiscriminate mass murderers like Huberty and Robert Bales to be some of the more disturbing, even morose than child killers like Lanza and Thomas Watt Hamilton; The absolute rage and hatred they must have to have slaughtered everyone in their path, including children, both intrigues and scares the hell out of me.
InsaneIntruder wrote:
Rob Dyke made a video about it which gives a lot of info on it.
Here is the video in question and here's a nice podcast on the shooting.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 6:02 am

Here's a documentary on the shooting
They show his weapons at around the 4:00 mark.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 66307
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 8:01 pm

I don't know if this was posted here yet or is even allowed to be posted but I found a video on LiveLeak showing officers rummaging through the restaurant a few hours after the shooting ended. Warning: It is Very Graphic but I thought to let you all know about it, it is an interesting watch plus it shows the body of James Huberty.

Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 9:41 pm

FUCK YES! Nice find man!

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Imagine if someone finds a video of the aftermath of the Colorado Cinema shooting, blood & POPCORN everywhere.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 11:44 pm

There's no video, but there is a series of photographs:
No bodies unfortunately, but plenty of blood and popcorn!

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Kaynvink

Kaynvink

Contribution Points : 60600
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 11:51 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
He said he was "hunting humans". Cuckoo

It might not be relevant but this fact always reminds me on this Song [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 4:59 am

Any links to 77 Minutes?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1984 McDonalds Massacre   1984 McDonalds Massacre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1984 McDonalds Massacre
Page 1 of 1