Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Robyn Anderson?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Sat May 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Thank you. I just feel the trashing of Robyn is excessive and it's been going on the whole time. Some people on the old board really took it too far.

@CatherineM813 wrote:
DarkofNight wrote:
I think that people should really get off Robyn's back. She had no idea what would happen.She did something unwise to try to impress a guy she really liked . Girls do that everyday.This was a rare circumstance that happened to have bad consequences. I don't blame her for not spilling her guts to people and trying to protect herself as best she could. She had to go on living . Most people would do the same whether they admit it or not in such a situation.
And she was sued and harassed.I thought it was totally unnecessary how when at the trial she had with the victims families, their attorneys pointed at Robyn and said this is so and so, their son/daughter was killed at Columbine and went through the whole list. Like she likely doesn't feel bad enough.
Sure, its not fair that she got no jail time when Manes and Duran did but I think their sentences were excessive also. People stuck it to them because they wanted to take their anger out on someone living.

Well said and I couldnt agree more!!
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:54 am

Sometimes I asked how she feel today. Maybe she only want to forget all that shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:47 pm

DarkofNight wrote:

Thank you. I just feel the trashing of Robyn is excessive and it's been going on the whole time. Some people on the old board really took it too far.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
DarkofNight wrote:
I think that people should really get off Robyn's back. She had no idea what would happen.She did something unwise to try to impress a guy she really liked . Girls do that everyday.This was a rare circumstance that happened to have bad consequences. I don't blame her for not spilling her guts  to people and trying to protect herself as best she could. She had to go on living . Most people would do the same whether they admit it or not in such a situation.
And she was sued and harassed.I thought it was totally unnecessary  how when at the trial  she had with the victims families, their attorneys pointed at Robyn and said this is so and so, their son/daughter was killed at Columbine  and went through the whole list. Like she likely doesn't feel bad enough.
Sure, its not fair that she got  no jail time when Manes and Duran did but I think their sentences were excessive also. People stuck it to them because they wanted to take their anger out on someone living.
Well said and I couldnt agree more!!
People on the old board took EVERYTHING way to far!! It really sucks what happened to SBB but I'm very thankful for this one.

em81

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:09 am

What did the people on the old board?

I was on the old board, too. But I didn´t read all things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:08 am

Why do people assume that Robyn liked Dylan? I'm guilty of it myself but if I'm honest I don't remember reading it anywhere.

em81

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:20 am

Witness statements. Many witnesses said she flirted with him and had a crush on him. I remember one of his friends said she was interested, but he was not.

Robyn stated they were only good friends and that Dylan was not the person to have a girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
em81

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:23 am

My scoures:

Nathan Dykeman: Anderson liked Klebold a lot, however Klebold just wanted to be her friend.

Kristi Epling: she described [Anderson] as in love with Dylan, he disinterested, she asked him to the prom.

And there some statements from mates, but at the moment it is too much work to find.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Wideawake

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Sometimes I asked how she feel today. Maybe she only want to forget all that shit.
I hope that she has been able to move on with her life. I'm sure that she thinks about every day, but a stupid mistake that she made as a teenager because she had a crush shouldn't have to haunt her forever. I certainly did some stupid shit involving my crushes. I never bought anybody guns, but who's to say I wouldn't if one of them had pushed hard enough?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:52 pm

@em81 wrote:
My scoures:

Nathan Dykeman: Anderson liked Klebold a lot, however Klebold just wanted to be her friend.

Kristi Epling: she described [Anderson] as in love with Dylan, he disinterested, she asked him to the prom.

And there some statements from mates, but at the moment it is too much work to find.
I'm very much interested in checking out the statements from friends that you've come across. I definitely get that the majority of his friends opinion was that Robyn had a crush on Dylan.
However, I recall someone either on this forum (or the old one) dispelling Robyn Anderson's crush on Dylan as a myth.  They backed this up by mentioning that Robyn had a huge crush on a
sailor positioned on the East Coast - Christopher Jason Kirk, 21 at the time. She mentions in the 11K account that her first choice would've been to take Kirk to prom but she hadn't heard
back from him so Dylan was her second option.  A few of her letters to Kirk are in link below.  She also has to back pedal with Kirk and explain her friendship with Dylan after 4/20 and explain
why she helped them buy the guns.

013271 (near the bottom)
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:38 pm

@wideawake: I hope she moves on too. I don´t blame her because if she didn´t buy them the guns, another one would bought them guns. To own a gun does not mean you will kill people. I am interested on her side, her feelings and her thoughts. But I think she will never tell a single word and I respect this.

@InFiNiNcEX5:

Maybe I found something more, I will look. I never said she had a crash on him, but I think it was not absurd. I think she liked him much, but that does not mean he was her big love or something. Maybe they got together if Dylan wanted it.

I know about this sailor. It is not impossible to love / like two people, that is my opinon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
em81

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Source No easy answer/ Brooks Brown:

"They bought their first guns with the help of Robyn, who appeared in that class picture next to us. We had first met Robyn as sophomores, when she was dating a guy in the theatre department. Since that time, she had remained friends with Dylan.

I never liked Robyn. I didn´t talk to her much. I knew she had a romantic interest in Dylan, but he didn´t return it. When they attended Prom together, it was only as friends. However, he and Eric find a way to use her friendship to their advantage."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
em81

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Autumn Hettinger ( was with Dylan & Robyn in calculous class):" she stated Robyn Anderson is also in her calculous class with Klebold. She stated during the last few month, she noticed that Anderson had been flirting with Klebold, but knew she was not his girlfriend."

Monica Schuster (a friend of Robyn) Schuster advised that Anderson was "very close" to Harris and Klebold. Schuster stated Anderson wanted to be Klebold´s girlfriend.

Last edited by em81 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:44 pm

@em81 wrote:
@InFiNiNcEX5:

Maybe I found something more, I will look. I never said she had a crash on him, but I think it was not absurd. I think she liked him much, but that does not mean he was her big love or something. Maybe they got together if Dylan wanted it.

I know about this sailor. It is not impossible to love / like two people, that is my opinon.
Oh, I completely agree with you.  Her sailor was far off on naval missions and she was stuck in high school.  So, she's bound to have flirtations with boys she likes to hang out with in school.  Why put all your eggs in one basket at 18?  Keep your options open. ;)

Last edited by InFiNiNcEX5 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:44 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
My scoures:

I'm very much interested in checking out the statements from friends that you've come across. I definitely get that the majority of his friends opinion was that Robyn had a crush on Dylan.
However, I recall someone either on this forum (or the old one) dispelling Robyn Anderson's crush on Dylan as a myth.  They backed this up by mentioning that Robyn had a huge crush on a
sailor positioned on the East Coast - Christopher Jason Kirk, 21 at the time. She mentions in the 11K account that her first choice would've been to take Kirk to prom but she hadn't heard
back from him so Dylan was her second option.  A few of her letters to Kirk are in link below.  She also has to back pedal with Kirk and explain her friendship with Dylan after 4/20 and explain
why she helped them buy the guns.

That someone would be me:) 

But I don't know for sure offcourse if she had a crush or not on Dylan, but I know from my own experience that if you hang out with a memeber of the opposite seks a lot, there will be a lot of gossip, whispers and innuendo. So that could explain the wittness statements.

But the letter to Chris Kirk seem to suggest she was in love/had feelings for this guy. So that's why I'm sceptical, but I wasn't there obviously, so like always, it's just speculation from my part.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (near the bottom)

CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:51 am

Robyn's letter

What are friends for? Robyn’s Second Choice.

"I couldn’t decide who, if anyone, I wanted to go with, so finally I convinced my friend Dylan, who hates dances, jocks and has never had a date let alone a girlfriend to go with me! I am either really cute or just really persuasive! I think we will have a good time though because we always have fun when we hang out. He’s a blast as a friend, but I guess it will be kinda wierd to be out with him all dressed up because mostly when we do stuph we just go bowling, watch movies or I help him catch up on the calculus assignments he waits until the last night to do all of. So, point being, I figured it would be better to go with someone that I know I will have a good time with, but won’t expect anything than someone that I half like that half likes me where who knows what the night could bring. See my point is of course if you were in town I would take you, but I didn’t figure you would be.”

bhb82

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:04 pm

Robyn's letter

I figured it would be better to go with someone that I know I will have a good time with, but won’t expect anything than someone that I half like that half likes me where who knows what the night could bring.  See my point is of course if you were in town I would take you, but I didn’t figure you would be.”
I always wondered about that quote. She's basically admitting to Christopher she "half-likes" Dylan, but implies he "half likes" her as well. But many of his friends say he had no romantic feelings towards her at all, he just wanted to be friends. I wonder if she made her feelings known and he gently let her down that he wasn't interested by maybe saying he liked her but only as a friend, but she felt maybe he was flirtatious towards her still?? It could be something as simple as her just not being his type (maybe he viewed her as a sister-type of friend and not someone he'd date), being too preoccupied with the other girls he had feelings for, or simply not wanting to pursue a relationship at all by the time NBK rolled closer. But it does make me wonder if there was something there with her that he wasn't sure about, or if it was something she was hoping was there if she had a crush on him and she was misinterpreting his friendship towards her as maybe liking her back. Of course, it could be more of a small crush and not "head over heels in love" with Dylan, too. I agree about the witness statements, heck, when I was in high school I had a lot of guy friends that were more like my brothers than love interests, but people always assumed I was with them romantically or had feelings for them-even my close friends thought I must have the hots for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:17 pm

@CatherineM813 wrote:
Robyn's letter

I figured it would be better to go with someone that I know I will have a good time with, but won’t expect anything than someone that I half like that half likes me where who knows what the night could bring.  See my point is of course if you were in town I would take you, but I didn’t figure you would be.”
@bhb82 wrote:
I always wondered about that quote. She's basically admitting to Christopher she "half-likes" Dylan, but implies he "half likes" her as well. But many of his friends say he had no romantic feelings towards her at all, he just wanted to be friends. I wonder if she made her feelings known and he gently let her down that he wasn't interested..
I interpret her letter as saying: she figured she'd go with a friend, Dylan, who she would have fun with because there would be no romantic expectation rather than someone who she half liked who she knew half liked her, Christopher.  If Christopher was in town, she would have asked him first.
Back to top Go down
bhb82

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:02 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Robyn's letter

I always wondered about that quote. She's basically admitting to Christopher she "half-likes" Dylan, but implies he "half likes" her as well. But many of his friends say he had no romantic feelings towards her at all, he just wanted to be friends. I wonder if she made her feelings known and he gently let her down that he wasn't interested..
I interpret her letter as saying: she figured she'd go with a friend, Dylan, who she would have fun with because there would be no romantic expectation rather than someone who she half liked who she knew half liked her, Christopher.  If Christopher was in town, she would have asked him first.
Ahh, you know, that makes a little more sense to me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:59 pm

How come Dylan didn't reciprocate the interest from Robyn? She seemed nice and pretty enough, at least in the prom pic. Apparently Dylan just wanted what he couldn't have, not what he could.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:45 am

Maybe you are right. But for some reason we don´t choose someone only because he/she is nice and good looking. Maybe he only wanted to be with someone who he really loved. (?)

It´s the same with Eric and Kristi. She wanted to date him, but he didn´t want. Maybe the two boys always wanted what they could not get...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:26 am

Reading this Ive been thinking more about Robyn and I came with the conclusion after read all the responses here, that probably what Nathan Dykeman, Kristi Epling and other people said about she in love with Dylan could be true, maybe she wasnt so in love, but had a crush in him and maybe thats what pushed her to support him with the guns. Nobody helps someone to buy a gun because the person is nice and is a friend, buy guns is something delicate and not everyone do it for other people, I think she wanted to impress Dylan and showed him that he could find a support in her helping him with those kind of things. What intrigues me is that testimony about she wanted to get out of the school so bad that day to lunch, I dont know if it is true because sometimes those testimonies are just a lie but if it is true, probably she was suspecting something or heard something or maybe it is just a coincidence. I dont really know what to think about it but is really weird.

Someone know what happened with Robyn after NBK?, she graduated and went to college or didnt have the chance?.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:01 am

I read someone say on the internet that there's a testimony from a female seller at the gun show, who remembered that Robyn was really flirting with Dylan. Did anyone read it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:15 am

I wonder if Robyn knew that he kissed Devon on the head after dancing with her. If I was into a guy, went to prom with him and he kissed another girl at the prom I'd be irritated.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Szabo

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:26 am

I do feel sympathy for Robyn, but I just cannot believe she'd be stupid enough to purchase the guns. Alcohol, yes, but guns!?

Does anyone know what happened to the lawsuit against her?

I concur what has already been said. I'm sure she just wants to leave the whole mess behind her now.

Robyn's 11k interview can be read starting on page 19 here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ColumbineBully

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:11 pm

She was probably in the same boat as anyone else who hung around them. Hearing them say certain things but not thinking too much of it. Unless they flat out said they were going to shoot up the school that day, I don't think she could have possibly known what they were going to do. And even though there was school shootings before Columbine. Kids didn't worry about that kind of stuff back then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:33 am

I wonder if Robyn knew that he kissed Devon on the head after dancing with her. If I was into a guy, went to prom with him and he kissed another girl at the prom I'd be irritated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I have always wondered about that head kiss. I mean if it really happened, then that was a HUGE step considering Dylan had little experience with girls. He would have had to come so far out of his comfort zone in order to show Devon any sort of affection.

Perhaps because he knew he was going to die soon, and thought this was the last chance he would get to show her how he felt about their friendship.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I have always wondered about that head kiss. I mean if it really happened, then that was a HUGE step considering Dylan had little experience with girls. He would have had to come so far out of his comfort zone in order to show Devon any sort of affection.

Perhaps because he knew he was going to die soon, and thought this was the last chance he would get to show her how he felt about their friendship.

I think that was kind of what it was. If Dylan was ever comfortable with any girl it was Devon. Platonic I am sure but maybe it was his last ditch effort at showing some kind of affection.

That was why I think toward the end Dylan was "nicer" or letting things like his car getting hit go bc he was going to die and it didn't matter anymore.

As far as Robyn, I am not sure she would have cared. Yes she went to prom with Dylan but she was writing to a guy long distance that she was interested in. That guy seemed to not give her the time of day either, but I think she chose Dylan because she knew he had no one to go with and wouldn't turn her down moreso than because she liked him.

View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:42 am

Plus with Devon having a boyfriend, she is a safe bet. He can show her affection and doesn't have to worry about any kind of misunderstanding, I assume.

I do sometimes wonder if Dylan was as incompetent around woman as some say. I heard in one of the vids they did he was chatting and laughing with a female behind the scenes. I'm sure he didn't run away screaming whenever a girl so much asked what time it was.

A lot of people didn't really date in HS, I didn't really date until after college... ugh I know. It was irritating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Plus with Devon having a boyfriend, she is a safe bet. He can show her affection and doesn't have to worry about any kind of misunderstanding, I assume.

I do sometimes wonder if Dylan was as incompetent around woman as some say. I heard in one of the vids they did he was chatting and laughing with a female behind the scenes. I'm sure he didn't run away screaming whenever a girl so much asked what time it was.

A lot of people didn't really date in HS, I didn't really date until after college... ugh I know. It was irritating.

I think Dylan was more shy in general than just around girls. Sounds like he went on at least 1 group date. I think it was just as his parents and friends said. He took a while to get comfortable but when he was comfortable he was fine to talk to whoever

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:08 pm

I think Dylan was more shy in general than just around girls.  Sounds like he went on at least 1 group date.  I think it was just as his parents and friends said.  He took a while to get comfortable but when he was comfortable he was fine to talk to whoever

I agree. I think Dylan was just painfully shy around new people in general, not only with girls.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Robyn Anderson?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next