Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Thu May 16, 2013 1:09 am

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Thu May 16, 2013 1:22 am

Interesting..

CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Thu May 16, 2013 10:33 am

I'm moving to LA this July for college. I'll have to visit this.

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Fri May 17, 2013 7:57 am

I would be interested, why the painter choosed exactly this shooters? Especially Jiverly Wong, which is probably one of the most fameless mass shooters, ever?
Back to top Go down
Eniledam

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Fri May 17, 2013 8:03 am

The dates are a nice touch. Would not mind having this piece in my home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Sat May 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Hale-Bopp wrote:
I would be interested, why the painter choosed exactly this shooters? Especially Jiverly Wong, which is probably one of the most fameless mass shooters, ever?

The only possible reason I can think of is because it was somewhat recent... maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Sat May 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Does anyone know where this is in LA?

adam_777

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:03 am

Bumping this as I was hoping someone might have more information as I will be in LA next week and would be interested in finding this mural
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:05 am

@CatherineM813 wrote:

Take some snaps! I would love to see more pics of this from someone first hand!
Back to top Go down
Undyne

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Personally, I believe that forgiveness is something that you have to earn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:07 am

PanterA wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Take some snaps!  I would love to see more pics of this from someone first hand!

I would love to visit this. I'll try to find out where it is in LA and take some pictures. I would also love to meet Brooks but that's a slim to none chance. It wouldn't be right to track him down.

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:43 pm

@CatherineM813 wrote:
PanterA wrote:
@CatherineM813 wrote:

Take some snaps!  I would love to see more pics of this from someone first hand!

I would love to visit this. I'll try to find out where it is in LA and take some pictures. I would also love to meet Brooks but that's a slim to none chance. It wouldn't be right to track him down.
Being Dylan's friend will probably haunt him his whole life, so I don't really think this is a good idea. Plus, what would you say even if you did meet him? It would be pretty awkward.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:20 pm

hmmm that's different
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eli27

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:43 am

I don't like this mural. The 'forgive someone' message feels wrong.

I don't know who made this, but I'm willing to bet they were never involved in a shooting (or at least one of these painted).

These shooters are dead, they aren't going to want forgiveness. The victims may want to forgive, they may not, they don't need some artist telling them what to do.

James411

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:57 pm

The mural is missing Adam Lanza.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:56 pm

I live in LA, I don't think it is still there but does anyone know where it is/was?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:46 pm

There is a quote that I love that says, "Holding onto anger or hate is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."

I have learned over the years that forgiveness is sometimes for your own benefit, not necessarily for the other person's. I have had to let go of things in order to go on with my life. Hate and anger are very strong emotions, and can literally effect the entire body. I harbored a deep seated hate for a long period of time. It was a well deserved hate, yet the object of my hate didn't care, and was not effected by it one bit. That was when I realized I was only hurting myself. When I finally let go of that hate and anger, it was like a huge burden had been lifted from me. This may be slightly off topic, but still somehwhat goes with the vibe of the thread.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:52 pm

I felt for a long time that if I just held on to the anger and the hate towards people that had hurt me, eventually the universe would give them some sort of bad karma, but it just hurt me in the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:35 pm

I felt for a long time that if I just held on to the anger and the hate towards people that had hurt me, eventually the universe would give them some sort of bad karma, but it just hurt me in the end.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] While I do believe in karma, she can be a slow ass bitch at times. I have chosen to become karma on a few occasions over the years. Did I get in to trouble? Yes, but didn't regret one second of it. Very Happy

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan   Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Hale-Bopp wrote:

The only possible reason I can think of is because it was somewhat recent... maybe?
Well to be fair Wong did kill a fair amount of people (13 to be exact).

I plan to live in a big, black hole. My firearms will be the only things to fight my isolation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Forgive someone mural in Los Angeles includes Eric &Dylan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1