Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:06 am

You are right when you say brats though, because that's all they are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lunkhead McGrath

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:40 pm

Quote :
No, I don't think the whole school wronged them.

The "whole" school didn't--but the deluded, immature teenage mind would file it as "the whole school wronged me." You end up hating the institution for the bad memories it provided you with. Hell, *I'm* guilty of that--and I'm pathetic for it. I admit it. I'm still angry about dumb things that happened to me when I was 13, just because the bad memories of embarrassing (in the small picture) but ultimately trivial (in the big picture) events never go away, and because I have some OCD/perfectionism about me too, like a lot of kids do.

So when I think about my own high school today, it's largely negative, even though I could easily look up stories of "bullying" that are three hundred times worse than what happened to me, which is to say a few smacks in the head from kids who were bigger than me, loudly being told to shut up when I said something iffy in class, the occasional small harrassment, and getting in trouble a lot for silly little things. I didn't suffer from eating disorders, or get my face seriously pounded in, or sexual humiliations, or lose a best friend or family member to suicide, or serious "trouble" (drugs, pregnancy, abortion, etc.) or (since I was in high school from 1996 to 2001) Facebook hounding, any of that...the problem seems to have gotten worse than it was then. The truth was a)high school mostly sucked because of the tedium and boredom and crappy classes and minefield of trying to avoid pissing teachers off, and b)even if it did suck, and even though I'll say "high school? it sucked," I do miss the few friends that I had. It's just that the few "bad incidents" have never left my mind and have subsequently been distorted out of all proportion just because they won't go away--and my ability to admit that is largely self-congratulatory rather than anything that helps me forget the bad memories.

Thank God for college--but that's a whole different topic, and now everyone bashes college as an institution even more than they bash high school!

What I'm trying to say: people, myself included, are self-pitying, for the most part. About anything they can pity themselves for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackandWhite

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thank God for college--but that's a whole different topic, and now everyone bashes college as an institution even more than they bash high school!  

I'm in college right now and it's practically an extension of high school. At least in my experience. Obviously there isn't a group of "popular kids", but rather everyone is trying to be popular. Everyone's pretty much the same, fake and boring, and if you don't share their beliefs and interests you'll have a hard time finding friends and parties to go to. If you don't have the same political opinions , etc. as everyone else then they think you're just dumb and uninformed and won't even bother talking to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:24 pm

I'm in college right now and it's practically an extension of high school. At least in my experience. Obviously there isn't a group of "popular kids", but rather everyone is trying to be popular. Everyone's pretty much the same, fake and boring, and if you don't share their beliefs and interests you'll have a hard time finding friends and parties to go to. If you don't have the same political opinions , etc. as everyone else then they think you're just dumb and uninformed and won't even bother talking to you.
I'll be transferring to a University, but I'll just be a commuter student. I'm not living on campus, why bother when it's only 30 mins from my house?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:25 pm

Sure, you can argue if you're a commuter, it will be much harder meeting people, but I can pay to get laid lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lunkhead McGrath

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:39 pm

"and it's practically an extension of high school"

Well....yeah, I hated having to put up with drunken stupid behavior and the Political Correctness/censorship/fake outrage can be very annoying at times. But the classes I took completely destroyed the ones I took in high school and that's the main thing that matters. I know a lot of people bash college, particularly humanities courses, but at least they have the POTENTIAL not to be an intellectual wasteland like high school where I once got hauled out of class and sent to the office for bringing up an accurate point about early Christianity. Colleges in the Midwest also exist for reasons besides sports; some high schools around here barely do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackandWhite

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:10 pm

Yeah aside from sports, colleges also exist for fraternities and sororities. It kind of feels like if you don't join one, you're a loser.. I'm ok with the concept of them, it just goes back to the fact the people in them are all annoying sjw's and your standard frat guys. I agree that the classes are a lot better than in high school, but a better social life would be nice too. I think I used to better at pretending to be one of "them" or something hah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:58 am

Wasn't there a couple of women in the school who knew them who said they liked the 2 guys after the shooting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:55 pm

The only thing I wish Eric and Dylan would've done was just socialize with women, that could've gone a long way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:14 pm

Wasn't there a couple of women in the school who knew them who said they liked the 2 guys after the shooting?

Page 001575:

Morrissey [Math Teacher] had her class write down on paper whatever they wanted to about what happened at the high school. Two female freshman students in particular wrote that they were both friends of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. They wrote very fondly of Harris and Klebold, and Morrissey considered the girls to have had "a freshman crush on two seniors. "The students were Marla Foust and Katherine "Katie" Thompson.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:46 pm

Page 001575:

Morrissey [Math Teacher] had her class write down on paper whatever they wanted to about what happened at the high school. Two female freshman students in particular wrote that they were both friends of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. They wrote very fondly of Harris and Klebold, and Morrissey considered the girls to have had "a freshman crush on two seniors. "The students were Marla Foust and Katherine "Katie" Thompson.

Why the hell wouldn't they tell them before they went crazy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suburbanmessiah
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:49 pm

Crying or Very sad   So sad!

She did beat herself up over this, though. It may have been a bit harsh, it would have been better if she went to Eric and told him why she was not going to the prom instead. But when a teenager, sometimes you don't make the best moves. It's not like her action decided on whether the massacre happened or not. After all, Susan did hang out with Eric on the Friday before. If a girl's acceptance had made such a big difference he would have called Dylan: ''Sorry Dyl, found a chick who digs me, let's call it off.'' Sure...

Here I am again responding to an ancient comment, but I always felt that by the time Eric met/starting hanging out with Susan he was at the point of no return. Like nothing would have made him back out of NBK at that point. Dylan on the other hand...Hmm. There's a thought. Do you think if a girl would have changed his mind?...If one he REALLY loved came along and showed interest, that is.

suburbanmessiah
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Page 001575:

Oh man, that really is so heart-rending.

BlackandWhite

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:53 pm

The only thing I wish Eric and Dylan would've done was just socialize with women, that could've gone a long way.

I mean they did though, or at least Eric did. A couple girls who were interviewed said that Eric was always really sweet to them in class. But for one reason or another, he was always rejected when he asked them out.. There was one girl he kept asking out even though she had a boyfriend. As for Dylan, well yeah, I guess his self-confidence was so low he couldn't even bring himself to talk to the girls he liked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:03 am

I really don't understand why Marla didn't say a thing. She's rumoured to be Dylan's dream girl anyway and she's GORGEOUS.

BlackandWhite

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:04 am

Crying or Very sad   So sad!

She did beat herself up over this, though. It may have been a bit harsh, it would have been better if she went to Eric and told him why she was not going to the prom instead. But when a teenager, sometimes you don't make the best moves. It's not like her action decided on whether the massacre happened or not. After all, Susan did hang out with Eric on the Friday before. If a girl's acceptance had made such a big difference he would have called Dylan: ''Sorry Dyl, found a chick who digs me, let's call it off.'' Sure...

Here I am again responding to an ancient comment, but I always felt that by the time Eric met/starting hanging out with Susan he was at the point of no return. Like nothing would have made him back out of NBK at that point. Dylan on the other hand...Hmm. There's a thought. Do you think if a girl would have changed his mind?...If one he REALLY loved came along and showed interest, that is.

When did Eric meet Susan? To quote his journal from November '98: "If people would give me more compliments all of this might still be avoidable... but probably not. Whatever I do people make fun of me, and sometimes directly to my face. I'll get revenge soon enough." I wonder what pushed him over the edge to the point of no return, if he actually did hang out with a girl not long before the shooting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:08 am

Maybe hanging out with Susan was just a consolation. It was too late and as mentioned he was so far gone already. All those times when he seeked a girl and attention like that, It was never given to him. Maybe Susan wasn't the girl he really needed.

bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:11 am

I mean they did though, or at least Eric did. A couple girls who were interviewed said that Eric was always really sweet to them in class. But for one reason or another, he was always rejected when he asked them out.. There was one girl he kept asking out even though she had a boyfriend. As for Dylan, well yeah, I guess his self-confidence was so low he couldn't even bring himself to talk to the girls he liked.
This just tells me women are very complicated and not worth it, maybe every guy should just pay for sex now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:13 am

Besides relationships are just too much freaking work and a lot people don't have the time. If women want to be difficult, just because a guy looks different or acts different, than that's on them. They could be getting a really great guy and they just reject them. I think women need to give more guys a chance when they ask them out, at least 1 date to see how they act.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:16 am

I really don't understand why Marla didn't say a thing. She's rumoured to be Dylan's dream girl anyway and she's GORGEOUS.
Is there a picture of her anywhere?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:21 am

And more if you want to assess her appearance.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:32 am

This just tells me women are very complicated and not worth it, maybe every guy should just pay for sex now.

Whoa whoa whoa, calm down there. The comments you're making about women are kinda problematic and aggressive. Please don't try to refer this on all of us now.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:33 am

Marla is effortlessly beautiful.

bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:36 am

And more if you want to assess her appearance.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wow, she became a model, good for her. She seemed nice too, not stuck up when she was at Columbine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:48 am

Whoa whoa whoa, calm down there. The comments you're making about women are kinda problematic and aggressive. Please don't try to refer this on all of us now.
I know, I know not all of you are like that,but I'm just saying for frustrated men who have trouble forming relationships, just pay for an escort. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:58 am

Sometimes guys expect to beautiful girls and don't pay attention to those who really can love them. For example, Dylan, who didn't even want to go out with Robin to prom. So don't be offended if you are denied, maybe you just chose the wrong who would want to be with you. Sometimes a girl just doesn't want to give false hope to the guy who's not her type, not to offend him.

bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:01 am

Sometimes guys expect to beautiful girls and don't pay attention to those who really can love them. For example, Dylan, who didn't even want to go out with Robin to prom. So don't be offended if you are denied, maybe you just chose the wrong who would want to be with you. Sometimes a girl just doesn't want to give false hope to the guy who's not her type, not to offend him.
Well, it's their loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:13 am

Dylan just wasn't into her like that. He liked her as a friend and that's it. I understand that. You can't force yourself to like or wanna date someone. Either the feelings are there or they aren't. And sometimes being friends with someone who likes you as more than a friend isn't a great idea because they may think you like them too even if you're just trying to be their friend. I stick with being friends with gay men, not straight men. Gay men will never get the wrong idea. The longest/best friend I've ever had is a gay man.

Dylan probably didn't wanna go to the prom with her because he just wasn't interested and he didn't wanna give her the impression he wanted to be more than friends. Another reason he probably didn't wanna go is because he was dying in a few days anyway and had better things to do than go to a prom.

bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:27 am

Dylan just wasn't into her like that. He liked her as a friend and that's it. I understand that. You can't force yourself to like or wanna date someone. Either the feelings are there or they aren't. And sometimes being friends with someone who likes you as more than a friend isn't a great idea because they may think you like them too even if you're just trying to be their friend. I stick with being friends with gay men, not straight men. Gay men will never get the wrong idea. The longest/best friend I've ever had is a gay man.

Dylan probably didn't wanna go to the prom with her because he just wasn't interested and he didn't wanna give her the impression he wanted to be more than friends. Another reason he probably didn't wanna go is because he was dying in a few days anyway and had better things to do than go to a prom.
True, I just wish Marla would've told him she was interested in him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class    Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:31 am

Whether Marla really interested in Dylan or did she just pity him?

Eric asks girl to prom.She humilates him in front of entire class
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next