Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Teen Inspired by Columbine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Another Teen Inspired by Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Another Teen Inspired by Columbine    Another Teen Inspired by Columbine  Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118045
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Another Teen Inspired by Columbine    Another Teen Inspired by Columbine  Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:36 pm

If they want it to be successful, why do they always end up telling someone? I mean, it is good that they do because then it prevents it, but you'd think by now they'd learn not to go around telling other kids that they are making bombs and planning an attack.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Teen Inspired by Columbine    Another Teen Inspired by Columbine  Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:52 pm

I think there will be always teens inspiried by Columbine. I think this is because both Dylan and Eric appear so "Normal". They were really just average teenaged kids. Both white in a suburban, mountain town with comfertable to well of families. While they were picked on it doesnt seem they were more so than the average teen and where not seen to be overly strange. Like for example Cho, or Kip Kinkle and I think that makes them really relatable and teen aged boys from white America can really identify with them and even see things though their eyes. Start thinking their thoughts. Quoting their quotes ect ect. Columbine will always be the school shooting the media will come back to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Teen Inspired by Columbine    Another Teen Inspired by Columbine  Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:20 pm

I think of 4-20-99 this way: Two perpetrators, word never got out, high score, 'why can't I be like them'? Although mass shootings had begun long before Columbine, this specific event was the first of its kind to receive such widespread media coverage. It all comes down to one of these troubled souls seeking an Eric or a Dylan. Thank goodness the majority do not have the brains to pull their schemes off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Teen Inspired by Columbine    Another Teen Inspired by Columbine  Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:24 pm

I think alot of these kids see Eric and Dylan as standing Up for every bullied, isolated, alienated, loner, etc out there in middle school and high school and that's why they consider them their heros and worship/idolize them. Since these are the kinds of kids who blow/shoot their school up know that Eric and Dylan instantly got infamy so by following their plan they think they will also get everlasting infamy instead of popularity that lasts 4 years.

Another reason why I think people are so interested in Eric and Dylan is because they are the most relatable . Also since there's the most information available on Columbine it's easier to gather this information and get inspired by it.
Back to top Go down
Lifetime

Contribution Points : 101428
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Another Teen Inspired by Columbine    Another Teen Inspired by Columbine  Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:22 pm

That's what happens when you don't read Going Postal.

PostSubject: Re: Another Teen Inspired by Columbine    Another Teen Inspired by Columbine  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Teen Inspired by Columbine
Page 1 of 1