Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Columbine Documents Transcribed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:53 pm

026194 MacBeth by Eric 9/8/98

Macbeth gives me a first impression of a woman who is worn out. She appears tired from stress, hardship, possibly the loss of a loved one, maybe a very hard ordeal such as losing her queen rights. She is dressed in many colorful but plain clothes dropping down jewelry around her waist and in her 4 foot long red hair. Her eyes suggest she is either evil or taken over by evil. Her pale white skin implies that she stays indoors a lot, maybe because she doesn’t like people, or the people she is around. She probably has children judging from her waist, so she has definitely been through lots of pain and suffering. Maybe she doesn’t want the crown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026195 Open Topic by Eric 9/14/98

Anything huh. Well let me think here. How about a train of thought type writing. Maybe, oh I know, I needed to think about my latest DOOM 2 level. It’s called Tier 6 and , obviously, is the 6th level in this series. I have trouble making this one for some reason though. In the past I have been able to just go and create several rooms and hallways and secret rooms just off the cuff. But for some reason I can’t for Tier 6. Maybe it’s the fact that school is back in session and there is more on my mind now than there was during the summer when 1-5 were made. I keep making just plain, boring, empty rooms like I am a beginner. Just room after room of the same old stuff. There are a few places that are indeed good, quality areas that look better than the original game, but I need to have the whole level like that. I am trying to go for a very tough, action packed, fast paced level because I just saw “Saving Private Ryan”again and I want to kind of recreate some of those scenes best I can. It’s tough though … (no more time)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026196 Open Topic by Eric 9/15/98

I had a dream a few nights ago. So I will tell of it. I was walking down a tunnel with a squad of marines. I recognized 3 of my friends and the rest of the squad were just anonymous soldiers. We were all armed and we were on some kind of patrol looking for aliens (like from the movie ALIENS). Then, bullets started coming from down the tunnel and hitting the marines in the front. The tunnel was 20 feet wide and high, with a damp, musty, dark feeling to it … (no more time)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:54 pm

026197-026198 Summary/Response King Lear by Eric 9/21/98

Out of all of the stories I have read or seen of Shakespeare, this one was the most confusing and the longest. A summary of this story is challenging, but it went something like this. King Lear has 3 daughters and the youngest one of them doesn’t “suck up” like the older ones, so the King thinks she doesn’t love him. The King gets angry and sends her off. The other two daughters are married off to the rulers of two other countries. One of the rulers, Edgar, wants to become King so he makes up a couple lies and gets his brother in trouble so he runs off. Meanwhile, the King becomes upset and runs off into the land with his fool. Eventually Edgar’s father is accused of being a traitor and has his eyes gouged out by his other son. Meanwhile, King Lear is going insane in the woods and Edgar’s brother is running around half naked in the mud. Later on, the King is found (covered with a flower necklace) in the woods and is brought back. The two rulers get into a fight and Edgar wins, then Edgar and his brother fight and his brother wins. Then, every one of the King’s daughters is killed by themselves or by execution. Then the King himself dies on top of his now favorite dead daughter and everyone is sad at the end but no bad/evil characters are left alive.

My response to this movie is that it is too complicated and too long. The story itself was definitely well written. The plot is very lengthy and well threaded through each character. I noticed a strange lack of symbolism and double meanings. It might have been the fact that I had so much trouble understanding some of the scenes. One form of symbolism I noticed was the use of rain. During one scene when King Lear was out in the rain, he “washed off” all of his hatred for his youngest daughter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026199 Good to Be Bad, Bad to Be Good by Eric 9/21/98

A time when it was bad to be good was when I had to give away all my weapons to my parents. It was after I got into serious trouble with the law, so my parents wanted to take all forms of weapons that I had away. It was bad not because I might use the weapons, just because I paid good money or spent a lot of time making them. It made me feel that all that time and money was wasted. But since weapons are dangerous and my parents didn’t trust me, I suppose it was for the better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026200 Spit vs. Kiss by Eric 9/29/98

It is “sick” because it is only a different way of doing practically the same thing. Kissing is a sign of affection, therefore it is socially acceptable. It has emotional value and it can mean several things, whereas swapping spit is just plain, cut, and easily defined. It has no emotional or spiritual meaning. Personally, I think both actions are the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:55 pm

026201 In Flanders Fields by Eric 10/5/98

From this poem I see an image of dead soldiers in a field. The field is peaceful and green with small “poppies” in it. But then I see a soldier holding a flag. As that soldier falls another comes up and takes the flag and holds it up high. The fallen soldiers want the living ones to keep faith in what they are fighting for and to keep on fighting. The dead are sad that they died. They miss the sunsets, the dawn, and love. However, the soldiers have escaped the guns of battle judging from what the 1st verse says, “The larks … guns below”.

The song deadens the meaning of the poem. It changed into some shallow meaningless song with words when it was a good poem. That’s really all I can write about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:55 pm

026202 Trying to Define Yourself is Like Trying to Bite Your Own Teeth by Eric 10/12/98

I interpret this to mean that you can't define yourself, no matter how hard you try or for how long, it is impossible. This is most definitely true. Personally I have been trying to define who I am, to put myself under some sort of category, to somehow help myself understand who I am and what I stand for. It seems like every week my point of view changes on people, but yet it stays the same. What a paradox huh. Minds change constantly. Whenever I try to figure something out that means something to me I can never come up with an exact conclusion. There is always exceptions and stuff. I don't think humans are meant to define themselves, we just make quick judgments and go with that. Sometimes we will spend an entire lifetime trying to figure out someone and even after that length of time we still can't possibly know everything about that person. The same goes for ourselves, just when we think we know who we are when a new event happens that throws everything we knew about ourselves out the window.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:56 pm

026203 What’s 35% of 100 by Eric 10/13/98

[*]35

[*]Germany France Spain Italy

[*]Kansas Wyoming Nebraska Arizona

I think that this is absolutely ridiculous. People who can’t answer questions like that should be shot. The schools are so caught up on trying to educate students on worthless subjects that they forget about the basics. Now usually for most schools that isn’t the case but if it is for even 1 school that’s a big problem. I think students today are astonishingly stupid. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid and ignorant people can be. Seems like some try to be dumb. It’s a pity natural selection doesn’t apply to humans, otherwise I strongly believe the race as a whole would be better off. I am ashamed to be a part of the same species as some of these people. And to think that this is what millions of soldiers died for and risked everything they had for back in WWII and Korea and Vietnam. And, now there are students who don’t even know who was involved in WWI or don’t even know when the first atomic bomb was dropped. It is truly pitiful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:57 pm

026204 Zen Quote by Eric 10/15/98

There is no reality except the one contained within us. That is why so many people live such an unreal life. They take the images outside them for reality and never allow the world within to assert itself.

I think this is definitely a very true quote. I think it means that people take in images that they see for reality and take what they see in their mind to mean nothing. Except I don’t think that is entirely true. People do act on and believe in what they see, but they are still influenced by others. I think people look at others and think that is what they “have” to be like and so they aren’t who they are on the outside than on the inside. People also think that whatever they know and believe in is the only truth, so when something that goes against the grain happens, they think it is unreal or can’t be happening. I think if more people would let the reality inside themselves come out it would be a different world. Right now people just think “hey it looks cool to have a strong opinion on something or to believe in something, I think I’ll do that too”. So they gather up whatever they like about things and try to form a personality out of it, when they should be doing whatever they feel like doing on the inside. If that person wants to be just like everyone else or try to be different just to be different, then OK. If they want to try to fly off a bridge, OK. If they want to commit crimes, OK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:57 pm

026205 Prepositions by Eric 10/20/98

[*]Let’s finish the assignment

[*]He was interested in and fascinated with physics

[*]She had learned of his life and his times through reading

[*]They were both repelled from and driven toward the space creature

[*]Tell me on what he left it

[*]Let’s go to James’ house tomorrow

[*]She always had an interest in and an aptitude for science

[*]It took a long time to get through the problem

[*]She looks like her sister and like her mother

[*]Her belief in and dedication to the cause were total

[*]His suit, like James’, was grey

[*]The past of the president’s advisory was investigated

[*]The pitcher’s job is more difficult than the fielder’s job

[*]The kittens of the woman’s cat were given away

[*]The speech of the majority leader of the House of Representatives was well received

[*]The final plans of the Boy Scouts of America’s meeting were made

[*]It was Susan’s, Ann’s, Joan’s, and my idea

[*]The amateur’s life differs from the professional’s

[*]That is Dr. White and her new house

[*]The ending of the play satisfied the audience

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 pm

026206-026207 Grammar by Eric 10/22/98

[*]The arrival of many friends promises good times,

[*]Into the darkness her black cat stares.

[*]Either the principal or the football coach usually attends the dance.

[*]Neither the cat nor the dog is eating today.

[*]That was the bravest act he ever has committed.

[*]Mary was friendlier than Susan.

[*]Scott and I had the perfect evening last night.

[*]I can buy the shirt or the scarf. The shirt is more expensive of the 2.

[*]She just couldn’t start to do homework.

[*]He could have been a contender.

[*]She always had an interest in and an aptitude for science.

[*]She loved him dearly, but not his dog.

[*]They complimented them both for their bravery, and they also thanked them for their kindness.

[*]Even though I am usually interested in Fellini movies, I’d rather not go tonight.

[*]We read in the paper that they are making great strides in DNA research.

[*]Harold, in gaping astonishment, watched the painter spill the paint.

[*]I watched Diane polish the plate until it almost shined.

[*]While sitting on the bus, the dog ran down the street.

[*]The clothing was given in large packages to the poor.

[*]Soft soled shoes are no good. The coral will cut them to pieces.

[*]Sharks, for example, live in water.

[*]The bus, which was due to leave for New Orleans at noon, blew up

[*]I want to go on a vacation. I have never been more than 30 miles out of this town. I would like to see some new scenery, people, and things. However, I guess vacations will have to wait until I finish my education and earn some money. I lost my job last week after daydreaming about vacations all shift long.

[*]Talk softly because people are still studying.

[*]The trees were sprayed every Thursday; nevertheless, some of the elms were diseased by the end of the season.

[*]The ferry docked; the passengers disembarked.

[*]There were five children in the yard; there were tots scattered everywhere.

[*]The janitor stopped, listened a moment, and then locked the door.

[*]I want jelly beans, candy corn, and lollipops.

[*]When he told the joke we stopped and laughed so hard tears were running down our cheeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 pm

026207 Research Subject by Eric

My research subject is a woman who has red hair and blue eyes. I am hoping to research more about her because she is very interesting. I should have gone to the library three weeks ago, but I waited until the last minute, like I always do. It’s amazing at how well I am at procrastinating. I write really good at the last minute. One quote I have found really defines my subject: “She has stars in her eyes and moonbeams in her smile.” It’s from a bibliography entitled, “sunshine makes me Me,” by Joe Bog-O-Donuts. I am really excited about this research paper because its step-by-step approach really helps me work.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:59 pm

026208 Precis [Summary] by Eric 11/10/98

Americans are very interested in music, even though many just sit back and listen to it rather than make it themselves. Many reasons, such as laziness, lack of discipline, and ignorance keep our musical experiences largely receptive and not creative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026209-026229 Tess of the d'Urbervilles: A Pure Woman Faithfully Presented by Eric

026209 Notes – First Phase – The Maiden

026209 Themes in Tess

026210 Notes – Second Phase – Maiden No More

026211 Summary – Second Phase – Maiden No More

026212-026213 Notes – Third Phase – The Rally

026214-026215 Summary – Third Phase – The Rally

026216 Notes – Fourth Phase – The Consequence

026217-026218 Superstitions

026218-026219 Summary – Fifth Phase – The Woman Pays

026120-026124 Description of First Phase – The Maiden

026225 Description of Second Phase – Maiden No More

026226-026229 Outline/Questions of the Novel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026231 Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Name Poem ERIC DAVID HARRIS by Eric

Enticing

Ready to help

Intriguing

Careful

Daffy

Amazing

Victorious

Intelligent

Dependable

Humorous

Artistic

Rebel

Reliable

Imaginative

Sarcastic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026232 I AM POEM by Eric 10/30/95 Period 6

026625 I AM POEM by Eric 10/30/95 Period 6

I am a nice guy who hates when people open their pop can just a little.

I wonder what my soccer team will be like in the spring.

I hear myself turning on the ignition of an F-15.

I see myself flying above everyone else.

I want to fly.

I am a nice guy who hates when people open their pop can just a little.

I pretend I am walking on the moon.

I feel that I will get straight A's again.

I touch the sky.

I worry that I will have a fire in my house.

I cry when I see or hear a dog die.

I am a nice guy who hates when people open their pop cans just a little.

I understand how to play soccer.

I say that a sport is something that you have to break a sweat in.

I dream that I am the only person on Earth.

I try to be as nice as I can.

I hope there isn't another O.J. trial.

I am a nice guy who hates when people open their pop cans just a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:00 pm

026235, 026237, 026238-026239, 026240 Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – Dylan’s Writings in Eric’s 1998 Yearbook circa April 1998

Book 1: Knee Deep in the Dead

REB! Holy shit … it would take the whole fucking book to recount and laugh at everything this year, so just the main things I’ll have to cover. Us and Zach got the BEST fucking spots haha, fag jocks have to get their doc martins wet. DIE. This is next year’s section. BIFF will be fucking chaos, video productions – I still have the list of our videos. I can’t wait to dub the new freshmen, and the holy April morning of NBK …

Book 2: Hell on Earth

Ah, my favorite book. We, the Gods, will have so much fun with NBK!! Killing enemies, blowing up stuff, killing cops!! My wrath for January’s incident will be Godlike. Not to mention our revenge in the commons. GAWD SO many people need to die. And now, a fun look at the past: (science-desk style) (You know what I hate??? PEOPLE!! YEAA!!)

Book 3: Infernal Sky

Mmm … let’s sum up junior year – the cool shit at least! Sitting in the commons dubbing and laughing at fags. (WooD-jA!) (wanna-be) HAHAHA frisbee fags … orange mortars for them, all the midnight bowling and pool, the KMFDM and RAMMSTEIN concert, the RM’s [Rebel Missions] when shit went off, ALL our deathmatchs and Quake serving. I’ve found that, over the years, we can’t beat each other: its equal, as a n****r to a spade. Waterworld, every year we get burnt … of course. All the amp, shit we’ve seen, strobe! (NIPPLE-FU!) We need to find cavegirl island and enemy gold for home entertainment. Beating the shit out of boxes, Blackjack, smoking behind BJ, fires, both kickass 4th’s of July … it was FUCKING BADASS!!!

My Quotes:

• Dead people are the best companions, other than weapons.
• There are more than 99 ways to die … and I thought of them!
• If I don’t like them, than they should change, or die.
• My black blood and your white flesh.
• I find a similarity between people and DOOM zombies
• Stupid people are here for my amusement.
• The reason people piss me off is to test my trigger finger and my adrenaline.

Book 4: Endgame (? …)

Last written book, more to come. I won’t bore you with advice shit you already know. NBK will be the ultimate revenge, to our shitlists, the pigs, everyone! We’ll fucking “take care of business” to be sure. So, Indigo, as we near the day of fate … AAAA FUCK IT! Just let it come. They will know when Gods get pissed off … the little pussies will feel the shotgun shells and the bullets. Just like that little n**let at community service. They need to die soo bad. Now they will.

Laterz … <<-VoDkA->> (GREEN)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026315-026338 Eric’s School Records

Ken Caryl Middle School: 8/16/93 to 5/31/95 | Columbine High School: 8/14/95 to 4/20/99

Grade 9 1995-1996:

Semester 1:

LANGARTS Grade: A

GERM 101 Grade: A

WOOD Grade: A

GEOMETRY Grade: A

EARTH SC Grade: A

AM GOVT Grade: A

Semester 2:

KEYBO Grade: A

LNGARTS Grade: A

GERM 101 Grade: B

TM SPRT (Phys Ed) Grade: A

GEOMETRY Grade: B

EARTH SC Grade: A

Grade 10 1996-1997:

Semester 1:

Period 1 - ALGEBR – Havens Grade:B

Period 2 - BIO – T Miller Grade: B

Period 3 - COMP A-Z – Strand Grade: B

Period 4 - AMER LIT – Abbott Grade: B

Period 6 - GERM 201 – Burnett Grade: B

Period 7 - AM History – Mathis Grade: B

Semester 2:

Period 1 - AMER LIT – Caruthers Grade: A

Period 2 - AM HIST – E Hayes Grade: A

Period 3 - INDST COMP – Long Grade: A

Period 4 - ALGEBR – D Smith Grade: A

Period 5 - BIO - T Miller Grade: B

Period 6 - GERM 202 – Burnett Grade: B

Grade 11 1997-1998:

Semester 1:

Period 0 - INDSTNET – Long Grade: A

Period 1 - TRG/MATHAN – Rockwell Grade: C

Period 2 - ACCEL CHEM – T Miller Grade: C

Period 3 - GERM 301 – Burnett Grade: B

Period 4 - WLDST/COMP - Webb Grade: B

Period 7 - WLD HIST – Fleener Grade: B

Semester 2:

Period 1 - TRG/MATHAN – Rockwell Grade: B

Period 2 - ACCEL CHEM – T Miller Grade: D

Period 3 - GERM 302 – Burnett Grade: B

Period 4 - WLD HIST – Kritzer Grade: B

Period 5 - WLDST/COMP - Webb Grade: B

Grade 12 1998-1999:

Semester 1:

Period 1 - VIDEO – Talocco Grade: A

Period 2 - GOV/ECON – Tonelli Grade: A

Period 3 - TM SPRT (Phys Ed) - Place Grade: A

Period 4 - GERM 401 – Burnett Grade: B

Period 5 - CCB/MJBRWR – Webb Grade: B

Semester 2:

Period 1 - BOWLING - Macauley Grade: A

Period 2 - ADV VIDEO – Talocco Grade: A-

Period 3 - PHILOSOPHY – Kritzer Grade: B-

Period 4 - CONLIT/CRT - Mrs. Kelly Grade: B+

Period 5 - PSYCHOLOGY - T.J. Johnson Grade: A
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026343-026344 Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] NBK by Eric

026856 Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] NBK by Eric

It would be great if God removed all vaccines and warning labels from everything in the world and let natural selection take its course. All the fat ugly retarded crippled dumbass stupid fuckheads in the world would die, and oh fucking well if a few of the good guys die to. Maybe then the human race can actually be proud of itself. World War II is the last time I bet America was proud of its self. We beat the fuck out of the damn zipperheads and the Nazis. We came back from being bombed and losing major battles to nuke that little piece of shit island and to take over that cool place called Deustchland. I say it’s cool because I love the German language and "BRUTE" stuff. Kein mitleid fur die merheit. Put everyone in DOOM I and see who can get past at least level 1. Actually, then put them into MY worlds. Like Thrasher, Whiskey, UAC Labs, and TIER. I would love to see all you fuckheads die. NBK. I love it!

Sometime in April me and V will get revenge and will kick natural selection up a few notches. Aimed with the following: a terrorist bag full of noisy crickets, noisy crickets strapped to WD40 cans, pipe bombs with a shit load of shrapnel, fire bombs, chlorine gas bombs, and smoke bombs. Firearms we aren’t sure of yet, hopefully V will have his [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and plenty of ammo for it. That’s another thing I’ll fuck around with some shotgun shells for more bombs also. For me, I don't know what weapon ill have. I just want a firearm that can hold lots of bullets and that won’t jam on me. So I’ll need lots of clips to. I’ll have those strapped onto my chest. Maybe a bulletproof vest too. We will be in all black. Dusters, black army pants, and we will get custom shirts that say R or V in the background in one big letter and NBK in the front in a smaller font. We will have knifes and blades and backup weaponry all over our bodies. I will have a tattoo of REB on my right arm.

Once we start we will wear balaclavas. First we will go to the house of [redacted] and [redacted] in the morning before school starts and before anyone is even awake. We go in, we silently kill each inhabitant and then pin down [redacted] and [redacted]. Then take our sweet time pissing on them, spitting on them, and just torturing the hell out of them. Once we are done there we set time bombs to burn the houses down and take any weaponry that we find, who knows we may get lucky. Then get totally prepared and during “A lunch” we go in and park in our spots. With sunglasses on we start carrying in all of our bags of terrorism and anarchism shit into our table. Being very casual and silent about it, it’s all for a science/band/English project or something. Then, we sit down, play some pump up music, light a $50 stoge, and get ready to start throwing out the first wave of crickets. Then, we light them, and throw them as far as we can. Once the first wave starts to go off and the chaos begins, V opens fire and I start lobbing the firebombs. Then I open fire and V starts lobbing more crickets. Then if we can, we go upstairs and go to each classroom we can and pick off fuckers at our will. If we still can we hijack some awesome car, and drive off to the neighborhood of our choice and start torching houses with Molotov cocktails. By that time cops will be all over us and we start to kill them to! We use bombs, fire bombs, and anything we fucking can to kill and damage as much as we fucking can. If it comes to the time when we are trapped with absolutely no way out, we eat crickets along with a ton of chlorine or some other deadly gas, so when we die, so will anyone close to us. If we have figured out the art of time bombs before hand, we will set hundreds of them around houses, roads, bridges, buildings and gas stations, anything that will cause damage and chaos. If you have ever seen the first few clips of violence in INVASION USA you’ll know what I’m talking about. It’ll be like the LA riots, the Oklahoma bombing, WWII, Vietnam, Duke and Doom all mixed together. Maybe we will even start a little rebellion or revolution to fuck things up as much as we can.

I want to leave a lasting impression on the world, and God damnit do not blame anyone else besides me and V for this. Don’t blame my family, they had no clue and there is nothing they could have done. They brought me up just fucking fine. Don’t blame toy stores or any other stores for selling us ammo, bomb materials or anything like that because it’s not their fault. I don’t want no fucking laws on buying fucking PVC pipes. We are kind of a select case here so don’t think this will happen again. Don’t blame the school, don’t fucking put cops all over the place. Just because we went on a killing spree doesn’t mean everyone else will and hardly ever do people bring bombs or guns to school anyway. The administration is doing a fine job as it is. I don’t know who will be left after we kill but damn it don’t change any policies just because of us, it would be stupid. And if there is any way in this fucked up universe we can come back as ghosts or what the fuck ever, we will haunt the life out of anyone who blames anyone besides me and V. If by some weird as shit luck me and V survive and escape, we will move to some island somewhere or maybe Mexico, New Zealand or some exotic place where Americans can’t get us. If there isn’t such place, then we will hijack a hell of a lot of bombs and crash a plane into NYC with us inside firing away as we go down – just something to cause more devastation.

Last edited by sororityalpha on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:01 pm

026356-026359 You Know What I Hate/Love by Eric

026780-026783 You Know What I Hate/Love by Eric

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• SLOW PEOPLE! You know those people who walk like a lifeguard on Baywatch runs! Slow as molasses! MOVE IT OR LOSE IT PUNKS!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• When there is a group of trendy punk like little smart asses standing in the middle of a hallway or walkway, and they are just STANDING there talking and blocking my way! Bloody snotty people think they are God almighty and can just stop and talk away wherever or whenever they please, learn some manners you stuck up people!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• When people don’t watch where THEY ARE GOING! Then they plow into me and say "oops, sorry" or "watch it!" NNNYAAAA! Like it couldn’t possibly be their fault that we collided. Oh, heaven forbid your holy graciousness being the cause of something bad … RRRRRRR!

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• When some rich stuck up piece of shit white trash person gets in a car wreck with their brand new car!

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• When some stupid retarded kid blows his damn hand off because he couldn’t figure out that a lit fuse means that the firecracker is going to go off soon! HAHAHA!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• OJAY! GOD I FUCKING HATE THAT WORTHLESS TRIAL! Who in their right fucking mind would care about that trial?!? It’s not any different from any other murder trial! Tell those worthless reporters to get a life! And what the hell do we have to gain by watching that stupid trial anyway!? It’s not news! It’s a trial! Not news! Trial! Trial does not = news!

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I HATE!!!?

• Jon Benet, however the flip you spell her spoiled name, Ramsey! We don’t care! Good flipping riddance! What the flame do you expect if you flicking put your kid in all these beauty pageants when she’s 4 years old! Makes her look like a SLUT!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• STUPID PEOPLE! Why must so many people be so stupid!?

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• Making fun of stupid people doing stupid things! Like one time when I was watching this freshman trying to get on a computer that needed a password ... he typed in the password and waited. The retard didn’t press enter or anything. He just waited. Then he started cussing at the computer saying it was screwed up. Then the freshman went and got a teacher and the flipping teacher could not figure out why it wasn’t going anywhere! JESUS! Personally I think they should be smacked across the face a couple million times or so … give or take 1.

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• Natural SELECTION! God damn it’s the best thing that ever happened to the Earth. Getting rid of all the stupid and weak organisms but it’s all natural! YES! I wish the government would just take off every warning label. So then all the dumbasses would either severely hurt themselves or DIE! And boom, no more dumbasses. Heh.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• RUDE PEOPLE THAT CUT! Why the flip can’t you wait like every other human on earth does. If you cut, you are the following: Stuck up, self centered, selfish, lazy, impatient, rude, and … damn I ran out of adjectives, anyway. Every flipping line I get into I end up having to wait a flaming hour when there WAS only me and 1 other person in the line! Then the asshole lets all his\her so called friends cut in behind him!

YOU KNOW WHAT I REALLY HATE!!!?

• LIARS! OH GAWD I HATE LIARS. And living in this neighborhood there is thousands of them! Why the flip must people lie so damn much! Especially about stupid things! Like "Yeah, I just bought 5 cases of M-80's in Oklahoma for about $5. And they are legal there and everything. Yeah my parents buy most of my guns, every once in a while I’ll use my 4,000 dollar paycheck and buy a shotgun or 2. And my brand new Hummer just broke down on the highway when I was going 250mph. Stupid cars." like that. Now, what flaming part if any, would a normal human being believe? And that’s just one person! Another BIG example is Brooks Brown (303-972-0602). Now, according to him, he has a 215 IQ, 5 other homes (2 in Alaska, and 3 in Florida), 95mph fastball (he is only 16), runs a mile in about 5 minutes, has an uncle that’s the former head of all the armed forces and has access to … Thee Button …, his other uncle is a multimillionaire that lives in downtown Detroit, and his neighbors are the chick that sang "r e s p e c t" and the lead singer of Aerosmith. And that same uncle owns 30% of the stock of that Tylenol company. And his grandparents give … GIVE … him about 1000 dollars for each month, and his other Grandpa can blow up every house in America because all the houses have C-4 in the foundations. Again, according to Brooks Brown. OK, when people lie like that, it’s not impressive, no one believes it, it sounds just plain stupid, and it’s a frigging waste of my time.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• R rated movies on CABLE! My DOG can do a better damn editing job than those retards! For the sake of all television they can at least try to make it sound like actual words the person would say! If you have ever seen Aliens or Predator you'll know what I'm talking about.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• Windows Keys!

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• WAREZ! Why pay when it’s free?

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• People who think they can forecast the weather! Then they think that everyone else will think that they are cool just because you said that we were going to have a 4 foot blizzard starting today! Like just the other day, this punk I know was saying "Yeah tomorrow we are going to get like, 2 feet of snow in just a few hours, They were saying it’s going to be the biggest snow in ten years. Yeah. It’ll be about -60 outside too." And that day we get an inch of snow and its 26 out.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• Country music!

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• Zippo Lighters!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• People who say that wrestling is real! Now, I’m talking about the matches like Hulk Hogan or Undertaker. If you think that these matches aren’t fake and that these guys are REALLY punching and breaking arms, then please mail me. I would love to know where you live so I can BOMB your fucking house and ACTUALLY BREAK YOUR ARMS! J

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• YOUNG SMOKERS! They think they are so God damn cool with their big bad cigarettes and their "so cool" attitude. I can’t wait until they are about 25 and have to breathe through their frigging necks and talk with a computer hooked up to their formal-vocal cords.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• PAYING FOR MY CAR INSURANCE!

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• Freedom of the press. I hate that part of the Bill of Rights.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• People who are against the death penalty! I think the courts should flaming fry every convicted felon out there!

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• SCHOOL!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• SCHOOLWORK!

YOU KNOW WHAT I REALLY HATE!!!?

• COMMERCIALS! OH GAWD I HATE COMMERCIALS! The only ones I MIGHT like are previews and some car commercials. But Jesus Christ, all those Lotion, PERFUME, Makeup, J C PENNY, Joslin’s, food, coffee, or advertisement commercials! Please! Destroy them all! Never record another! They suck! They are only funny the first time! Think up other stuff! They suck! They are stupid! We get sick of them VERY FAST! VERY! VERY FAST!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• TRENDS! I HATE trends! Like Tommy Hilfiger or Mossimo or SKA or those little chapstick lip gloss lip cream CRAP that every freaking girl in middle and high school carries around! They are just so … DAMN … rrr … RR … ANNOYING! YAAAH! RRRRR!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• People who don’t believe in personal hygiene. For the love of God, and for the sake of God, CLEAN UP! Fricking people with 2 inch fingernails and a whole fricking flower pot full of dirt under them and raggy hair or shirts stained to hell. Or people that just plain stink, and they don’t do anything about it. Now, I’m not making fun of anyone if they can’t help it, or afford it or anything like that, that’s not their fault, but if your some kid driving a Ford Explorer and have yellow teeth, then that’s just plain inhuman.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• People who use the same word over and over again! Like, "actually", or "shazaam", or "nifty". Read a fucking book or two, increase your vocabulary you fucking idiots.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• People who try to impress me by TRYING to brag about the military’s weapons! Now, to some of you this might seem, weird, but it’s happened. Like this, "dude, they just came out with this new chemical that can destroy Denver only using a cubic inch of it. The military is keeping it all locked up because if it gets too close to water it explodes, and the force would create a crescent earth, man." Yeah, right, bullshit, or like this, "Dude, the air force has tracked Santa Claus for like, 10 years now, he is real man. It’s all a cover up." or "The air force just made a plane that can bend light man, it’s completely invisible." Now, this is just some of the shit I've heard, it makes me SICK. And they aren’t even in the fricking military nor do they know anyone that is, even if it WAS true, and like they would know about it! GAWD! I HATE those PEOPLE!

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I HATE!!!?

• People who THINK they are martial arts experts! They are all cocky and think that they are all big and bad saying bullshit like, "yeah if you snap your fingers right here the sound waves will melt the brain and you’ll die from your own brain pouring out your ears," or "if you flick someone right here their arteries will burst and they will drown in their own blood." Freaking hate it when they keep saying "your own", like it would be someone else’s!?!? Then when these shitheads get in real fights they get their fricking asses whooped all over the place by some little girl.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• STAR WARS FANS! GET A FRIGGIN LIFE YOU BORING GEEKS!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• RACISM! Anyone who hates Black, Asian, Mexican, or people from any other country or race just because they aren’t from here or are a different color … woopie freaking doo man. And that goes for black people too. I've seen people on Ricki Lake or Oprah or whatever saying things like "white boy, whitey, you say that because you white, yeah … you white people all the same, she be white, so she bad, I bet he did that stuff because he a white boy." All that stuff just pisses me off to no end. It is possible for BLACKS to be RACIST too you KNOW … people who think that should be drug out into the street, have their arms ripped off, be burnt shut at the stumps, then have every person of the race that YOU hate come out and beat the crap out of you. You people are the scum of society and aren’t worth a damn piece of worm crap. You all are trash. And don’t let me catch you making fun of someone just because they are a different color because I will come in and break your fucking legs with a plastic spoon. I don’t care how long it takes! And that’s both legs mind you.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• THOSE FREAKING ADVERTISING OR CHARITY CALLS! People saying "Hi, I’m not selling anything but" - good, now shut the flip up and go get a real job! - Well! You are so rude!" – damn straight and if you don’t get off my line I’ll come down to your building and shove that phone list up your ass and take the phone and shove it up your boss' ass! "Click" hehe, that would be cool.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• When people mispronounce words! And they don’t even know it to, like acrosT, or eXspreso, pacific (specific), or 2 pAck. Learn to speak correctly you morons.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• When people drive really slow in the fast lane! GOD! Those people do NOT … NOT … NOT … NOT know how to drive! Anyone who knows anything about driving knows that if you are passing someone or going really really really fast, you should stay in the slow lane! Anyone caught doing that should be sent to every driving class available for a flaming year!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• THE "W.B." network! OH JESUS MARY MOTHER OF GOD ALMIGHTY I HATE THAT CHANNEL WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL. Their stupid "dubba dubba hey dubba hoe dubba B dubba boo dubba foo dubba dubba wubba lubba HEY dubba hoe dubba" CRAP! Are they purposely doing that just to piss me off!? JESUS!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• Basketball!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• PUFF DADDY OR PUFFY COMBS OR PUFFY SMALLS OR WHATEVER THE HELL HIS NAME IS! I hate that guy! Why doesn’t anyone "bust a cap" in his ass? He can’t even rap worth a damn! All his songs are like "mmm yeah huh Uu Uu Uu yeyah mgmmmmbmm yeeeeyahh jjijeya Uoo UU uu mmmtmdlkg mmnmumnmtgnmimmyaaahhh.... Uu..." and stuff. I HATE THAT GUY!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• PEOPLE WHO ARE MEAN TO ANIMALS! The only promise I make in this whole page is this: if I ever see anyone on God's green earth harm a dog or be mean or unkind to any mammal, I will SEVERELY hurt you, I swear to god, I swear on my computer, on my car, on my fucking LIFE I will hurt you.

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• Driving FAST!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• SKA!

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• Good, fast, hard, strong, pounding TECHNO! Such as KMFDM, PRODIGY, ORBITAL, RAMMSTEIN, and such.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• RAPPERS AND THEIR OH SO SMOOTH COOL SUAVE RAPPER ATTITUDE!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• RAP VIDEOS! Every gawd damn one of them is the same! 5 chicks all with color coordinated outfits and little nylon jackets and spandex pants dancing around while some dorky rapper moans and groans around and drives a fancy car and waves his arms around acting like a freaking DORK!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• HOMOSEXUALS! It is just plain WRONG.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• People who tell me what I think or what I do or what I should say! Sometimes it’s ok, like if it’s a psychiatrist or something, but if it’s just some other "dude" at school telling me I shouldn't think something or some teacher telling me I can’t go down some hallway, then I say FUCK YOU I do whatever the figgide flame I want!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• G rated MOVIES! Like the Lion King or HERCULES or Warriors of Virtue. I don't care who they are made for I DON'T LIKE THEM!

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• FREEDOM!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• U.S.A.'s La femme Nikita. Stupidest damn show I have ever seen. Little Swat Team Navy Seals wannabe dorks.

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• PUNCHING THINGS!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• HANSON! Little pansy ass WUSSES! Girls like them because they think their boys and Boys like them because they think their GIRLS!

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!?

• IRAQ! Nuke them all!

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?

• When I catch someone doing something that I told them not to do! Then I’m just like … now now, how should I kick your ass … hmm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:03 pm

026371 You Know What I Hate by Dylan

Hate = Liars, punk fags and bitches who hang with them, commercials, faggots at work [redacted], people who hang in gangs and think their cool, NBC, The WB, R-movie checkers, jocks, grammar, age limits, taxes, pussy rap, martial artists, laid back people, prices of stereo shit, rich people, annoying people, speed limits, salesman, charity commercials, wannabe experts of stuff, fag teachers, Star Wars fags, stupid people, fags making fun of retards, popular lame ass sitcoms, assorted people, NPR, paparazzi, enquirer magazines, Rikki Lake people, WWF fans, cops, curfew laws, celebrity benefits, fuckers that say they kick ass because only their strong, welfare moochers, racists, wannabe comedians, people who are assholes to chicks, lawsuits, some constitutional rights, selfish people, trends, fashions, HANSON, JTT, Tommy Hilfiger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:04 pm

026482-026483 … by Dylan & Eric

In a boring, gay, retarded classroom, there were a bunch of coolios doing some childish writing exercise for kindergartners. It was dark outside there was a grenade launcher on the desk next – closest to the back wall, and a couple of boxes of rockets. The spacey teacher made a groining noise and started to throw globs of flesh at the kids. The kids turned into zombies and started throwing to. The coolios waited for just the right moment. At last she turned her back and the coolios sprang into action. Reb grabbed the grenade launcher and began firing at the hideous beast. Suddenly the zombie wouldn’t go down. Marine training kicked in and I dodged to the left avoiding the flesh globs as they smacked against the wall behind me. Tossing a spare rocket to Vodka, he shoved it into the zombie master’s back as I, Reb, distracted her by throwing tombstones at her. Meanwhile, the other coolios were battling the zombified students with their newly founded riot guns. All of the sudden a bright light shot out of the sky. There was a huge explosion and tons of black smoke everywhere. One of the coolios had stood up to see if anyone survived. There was nothing to see, everything had disappeared and all that was left was a lonely coolio and one riot gun. Since he was so sad he shot himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026496 Eric’s Writing in Dylan’s 1998 Yearbook circa April 1998

Where to start … Jan. 31 sucks. I hate white vans! Yeah! KMFDM … RAMMSTEIN … jeya. The 4th. Atlanta, pholus … peltro … pazzie … crickets … TIER … DOOM. I wished I lived in DOOM. DB [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! Tenman and his Godlike creations. Station … Realdoom … thrasher … bricks … truechamp! Map 01. Slim Jims … salsa seeds … our RL’s … RM’s … [redacted] is a fucking traitor/asshole/dick now. He might even go on my list [redacted] … [redacted] … oh God I can’t wait until they die. I can taste the blood now … NBK and KMFDM … You know what I HATE!!!? … MANKIND! Yeah! Kill everything … kill everything …big slim jims! Deathmatch! Servers! BACKPACK! MST3K … and of course …I think she likes us!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026525 Apology by Eric

Hello, my name is Eric Harris. On a Friday night in late January my friend and I broke into your utility van and stole several items while it was parked at Deer Creek Canyon Road and Wadsworth. I am writing this letter partly because I have been ordered to from my diversion officer, but mostly because I strongly feel I owe you an apology and explanation.

I believe that you felt a great deal of anger and disappointment when you learned of our act. Anger because someone you did not know was in your car and rummaging through your personal belongings. Disappointment because you thought your car would have been safe at the parking lot where it was and it wasn’t. If it was my car that was broken into I would have felt extreme anger, frustration, and a sense of invasion. I would have felt uneasy driving in my car again knowing that someone else was in it without my permission. I am truly sorry for that.

The reason why I chose to do such a stupid thing is that I did not think. I did not realize the consequences of such a crime, and I let the stupid side of me take over. Maybe I thought I wouldn't be caught, or that I could get away. I realized very soon afterwards what I had done and how utterly stupid it was. At home, my parents and everyone else that knew me was shocked that I did something like that. My parents lost almost all their trust in me and I was grounded for two months. Besides that I have lost many of my privileges and freedom that I enjoyed before this happened. I am now enrolled in the diversion program for one full year. I have 45 hours of community service to complete and several courses and classes to attend over the course of my enrollment.

Once again I would like to say that I am truly sorry for what I have done and for any inconvenience I have caused you, your family, or your company.

Respectfully,

Eric Harris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:05 pm

026526 Anger Management by Eric

026832 Anger Management by Eric

The anger management class I took was helpful in many ways. I feel the instructors were well qualified for this class and the class size was not too big. I learned several things about how drugs and alcohol contribute to violence, and how to avoid using drugs and alcohol. I felt like the class was focused more on people who had committed violent crimes and people who use drugs and alcohol, rather than being more broad. Nevertheless I still learned what anger is, how to recognize it, and how to deal with it. Violence is expensive, along with anger. Committing violent crimes brings forth fees, bills, and punishment that have very deep affects on that person, not to mention the emotional turmoil it causes. I learned the four stages of anger; tension building, verbal escalation, physical escalation, and opportunity for change. I believe the most valuable part of this class was thinking up ideas for ways to control anger and for ways to release stress in a non-violent manner. Things such as writing, taking a walk, talking, lifting weights, listening to different music, and exercising are all good ways to vent anger. We also discussed the positive and negative results of anger and violence. Another thing we discussed was "triggers." Triggers are defined as warnings or symptoms that one experiences when getting angry. Things like quick breathing, tunnel vision, muscles tighten, and teeth clench. I feel that all of the suggestions can all be helpful, but the main part of anger management comes from the individual. If the person does not want to control his/her anger, then it can be a problem. The person must want to control his/her anger and actually want to not be violent or angry. It all starts in the person's mind. I have learned that thousands of suggestions are worthless if you still believe in violence. I am happy to say that with the help in this class, and several other diversion-related experiences, I do want to try to control my anger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026530-026531 To Kill A Mockingbird by Eric

To Kill A Mockingbird is a classic novel by Harper Lee filled with real, interesting and well developed characters. In the story, Jem is a young boy with a sister Scout and his father, Atticus. Jem is the character that changed the most in this story, and he was one of the most important and well developed characters. The dynamic character of Jem Finch will be discussed in terms of his description in the beginning of the story, what events or people changed him during the story, and his description in the end of the story.

Jem Finch will be described in his physical description, his personality characteristics, and his relationship between other characters. Jem is about ten years old at the start of the story. "When I was almost six and Jem was nearly ten."(Lee 10-11). This quote means that Jem is four years older than his sister. Scout. He also was a skinny boy. "He went out for football, but was too slender and too young yet to do anything but carry the team’s water bottles."(Lee 244). During the beginning of the story Jem is very polite. "Dill blushed and Jem told me to hush."(Lee 12). This means that Jem didn't want to embarrass Dill and he didn't want Scout asking questions like that, he thought it wasn't right. Jem was also a caring brother. He always had Scout with him. "That summer Dill came to us."(Lee 11). US, it is always us or we whenever Scout is talking. Jem and Scout were more than just brother and sister, they were best friends. "Our teacher says Miss Caroline's introducing a new way of teaching."(Lee 22-23). That sentence shows that Jem also cares about Scout’s school problems and not just family problems. Jem and Dill grew closer every day as friends. "They spent days together in the tree house, plotting and planning, calling me only when they needed a third party."(Lee 46). This means that during the summer Jem and Dill spent more time together than with Scout, showing that they were becoming good friends.

During the middle and end of the story Jem changed in many ways. He got more mature, he understood the different ways folks acted and he took on more responsibility. He took on more responsibility by reading to Mrs. Dubose on her death bed. "This change in Jem had come about in a matter of weeks. Mrs. Dubose was not cold in her grave."(Lee 117). This statement shows that reading to her and her death made him realize more about adults and how to act like them. When the big court trial against Tom Robinson came Jem was extremely interested in it. He was curious about why people would accuse another man for something he didn't do. "Hush, Jem said, Mr. Heck Tate's testifyin'."(Lee 168). This quote showed that he was becoming older and acting more mature by being interested in the case. When Aunt Alexandria moved in he comforted Scout whenever she was yelled at by her. He just went into her room and cheered her up. This showed that Jem really cared about Scout and that he was maturing.

At the end of the story Jem had a major change in his physical appearance, he also had relational and attitudinal changes. On Halloween night Mr. Ewell tried to kill Jem and Scout but Jem stopped him long enough for Scout to get a head start. Then Mr. Ewell broke Jem's arm and knocked him out, but Boo Radley saved them. "He's got a bump on his head just like yours, and a broken arm"(Lee 267). This showed that he had broken his arm and was knocked out while trying to save Scout. One relational change is that as Jem grew older he didn't want Scout around him much, because he had other friends. So their friendship grew slightly apart. Last an attitudinal change that Jem had was that at the beginning of the story he thought Boo Radley was some mean psychotic cat and squirrel eater that never came out of his house. But at the end of the story he realized that Boo was a caring man that was just afraid of all the racism in the world so he stayed inside during the day.

The dynamic character of Jem Finch was discussed in terms of a description in the beginning of the story, what people or events changed him during the story, and a description at the end of the story. Jem Finch was changed at the end of the story because of Aunt Alexandria moving in. Because of Reading to Mrs. Dubose, and because of the trial against Tom Robinson, he matured and took on a lot of responsibility in this story. In conclusion, Jem Finch changed a lot during this story, physically and mentally. But what he really did was he just grew up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026532 Article: Entire Generation is on Trial by Eric 8/28/98 Period 2

A recent article in the Rocky Mountain News talked about how an "entire generation is on trial." Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky, Kenneth Starr, Susan McDougal, and several powerful leaders in the past were all mentioned. The author talked about how the public does not understand the society in which it lives. He talked about how the public is manipulated and brainwashed into having bogus opinions about others in the news. "How come the public has a more negative view of Monica Lewinsky than Bill Clinton? It takes two to tango so why is Monica more to blame than Bill?" is one view he had. He also explained how people in the past such as Hitler and Evita got the power and love of their people by hardly doing anything to deserve it. The author suggests interviewing an interviewer whose integrity is respected and whose style is to bring out what the guest has to say, rather than impose his own agenda on the discussion. He believes that if the public still doesn't understand issues after seeing both sides of the story, then we should being to give up hope.

I agree with this author. I believe he has several very interesting points and comments. The public can indeed be misled to believe things that it would normally find "wrong" or "immoral.” I believe that more and more people in this day and age are becoming, or at least think they are becoming, less attentive and caring less about media and politics. More people think they "don't care" about things like the Lewinsky story or about O.J. Simpson or stories like those, but they still watch the news reports on them, and they still buy articles and magazines that contradict what they say. Not everyone is like that, so I am not saying everyone is a hypocrite. However, I think that if the news reports and magazine articles keep filling people's minds with certain points of views, then eventually those people will start to think that way, as the author of the above article mentioned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026533 Article: Daytime Napping by Eric 9/11/98 Period 2

The article I chose to review this week is an article on daytime napping. The author reviewed a book on the art of napping. It is suggested that a 15 to 20 minute nap during the early afternoon can be beneficial. Any more could be considered as sleep inertia. Creativity and problem-solving skills can be regained by taking a short nap. One professor says that approximately eight hours after you awake you can experience a large drop in alertness. The author reviewed one company who decided to incorporate a nap room into their daily routine. Employees can sign-up for naps during the day and not have to worry about getting in trouble with their boss.

Personally I agree with the author and the professor mentioned above. About eight hours after I wake up I get very sleepy and I become less and less alert. That, although, is on an average, uneventful day. Now I am not saying that Columbine should throw in a few "nap-hours" around lunchtime, but it might not hurt. Going to bed earlier could help too, but I believe it's harder to go to bed earlier than it is to take a nap later. Some people may say we are just lazy, and they might be right, but if we are lazy and not hurting anyone then what is the loss? If I have two hours to get a job done and I can finish it in one, why not sleep? It can be brought down into an ethical/moral question and argued out even more, but I think if you want to sleep, go ahead. Just don't get in the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026534 Article: Talk About Anything Except Death by Eric 9/25/98 Period 2

The article I reviewed this week was an editorial from a local newspaper. The author discussed how Americans are open to talk about almost anything, except death. He says that 81% of Americans have not talked with their doctors about the medical issues of dying. Also, patients that are terminally ill are reluctant to talk about death with their family members and their families are even reluctant to carry out their final wishes. Very few Americans take advantage of federal laws that allow them to determine the nature of the care they will get in their dying hours.

My response to this article is that I think that more Americans need to discuss death with their families and with their doctors. It is a fact of life, and it seems in this day and age people talk about just about anything they can think up. From sexual situations to violence on the streets to alien encounters, we talk about it all. So why not death? Perhaps with today's technology we receive a false sense of security in the fact that we think we could die the next day. With medical technology and thousands of safety procedures in today's society, I believe that the majority of the people think, "oh I'll talk about death some other time, it's not like I'll be dying soon." It may be a hard topic, but oh well, it definitely needs to be discussed in case of the terrible event that a loved one slips into a coma or something of that nature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Columbine Documents Transcribed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next