Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Columbine Documents Transcribed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:06 pm

026535 Article: Rejected Gun Bill by Eric 10/9/98 Period 2

This week's article was on a bill recently rejected in Erie, Indiana. The bill was to have every homeowner in the town to own a firearm, and to have it in working condition in his/her household. The bill was rejected and was considered too dangerous. Arguments were that in cities with the strictest gun laws, gun crimes were the highest. So therefore, if gun laws were diminished in severity, and homeowners had guns, the crime rate would go down.

My response to this article is that I think in theory the bill was a good idea. Having a gun in every house would most definitely decrease crime. However, since not every homeowner is all that responsible, intelligent, and wise, other problems would arise. Children playing with loaded weapons and getting hurt, normal household disputes are solved with gunfire, accidental shootings would rise and rise. I believe that it is a law of nature that not everything can work smoothly and turn out the way it was supposed to. While crimes like burglaries and robberies would go down, shootings would most likely skyrocket. So therefore I think it was a good idea to reject this bill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026536 Article: Dropping Bombs and Missiles is Cowardly … by Eric 10/23/98 Period 2

My article review this week is about an article in which the author describes how dropping bombs and missiles are cowardly, indiscriminate, and a little short of terrorism. The author used a scene from Saving Private Ryan in which an American fighter plane bombs a tank right in front of Tom Hanks. The author said that even with today's weapons that is hard to do. He also describes how the public feels about bombs and missiles. He says that the public likes "clean" air campaigns and watching the little TV video of a building blowing up in the desert. His basic point was that the bombers and fighters in the air was and is not the only way to win, that it still counts on the soldiers on the ground.

My response to this article is that I think this person has never really paid much attention to how violence and wars work. In regards to his first comment, that scene in Saving Private Ryan where the tank is destroyed is most definitely possible and happened many times over the course of the war, that's why the planes were called "tank busters." Whoever said launching missiles was courageous? I know I sure didn't and I believe our generals didn't either. It is simply a much better way to solve problems and to eliminate installations than sending in an entire battalion. Of course wars still rely on the ground troops, but air support is definitely a part of winning the war. The author says, "How noble is a cause worthy only of having your bombs thrown into it, and not your sons?" Sending your sons off to fight and die for your country is one thing, but the simple act of pushing a button is another. Usually, if bombs and cruise missiles can't stop the enemy, then we send in the ground troops. Of course a fighter plane isn't enough, but neither is the ground force.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026537 Article: Drivers Not Moving for Emergency Vehicles by Eric 11/5/98 Period 2

The article I chose to review this week is on drivers not moving for emergency vehicles. The article mentioned how emergency response teams have trouble with motorists getting out of their way when going to or coming from a scene of an accident or emergency. Motorists many times just slam on their brakes in the middle of the road, cause other accidents trying to get out of the way, or don't even know there is a emergency vehicle coming because the radio is too loud or they are on a cell-phone. Recently an ambulance was sideswiped by a motorist who didn't even see/hear it coming, the ambulance was carrying a victim of an earlier accident to a hospital, and a second ambulance was called to the scene because of the motorist's careless driving.

My response to this article is that I think it is completely ridiculous that motorists risk the lives of others that are in desperate need of medical attention because of their arrogance. I have seen people who refuse to move out of the way when a fire truck is trying to get by, Math lights and sirens on. Some people think they are so important and their destination is of the utmost priority and that nothing better get in their way. Even if 10 children are burning to death or if an elderly man is having a heart attack, that motorist absolutely must get to the grocery store or to the movie theater. Some people don't even know that they are supposed to get out of the way of emergency vehicles when their lights are on and the siren is flashing. Actually, it is the law. One can get a "failure to yield" ticket and possibly loose points on their license for not getting out of the way. It is not a personal choice one makes to get out of the way, it is the law, and yet people still think, "oh they can go around me," or "hey I have the right-of-way here, even if your lights and sirens are on!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026538 Article: Brady Bill by Eric 11/20/98 Period 2

026831 Article: Brady Bill by Eric 11/20/98 Period 2

My last article is on the new Brady bill. The Brady bill that went into affect recently requires all licensed gun deals to have instant background checks from the FBI when selling a firearm of any kind. In theory this was a good idea. This would keep guns out of the hands of people who have felony charges on their police record, dishonorable discharge from the military and illegal immigrants. The background checks will take anywhere from thirty minutes to a few days.

The FBI just shot themselves in the foot. There are a few loopholes m the new Brady bill. The biggest gaping hole is that the background checks are only required for licensed dealers, not private dealers. The number of licensed dealers dropped from 5,011 in 1993 to 1,715 in 1998. Private dealers can sell shotguns and rifles to anyone who is 18 or older, and they can sell handguns to anyone who is 21 or older, without background checks of any kind. Another problem with the bill is that misdemeanor crimes of abuse and violence do not show up, and sometimes police and mental health records aren't put into the FBI's database. Only about 50% of the needed information is there. Therefore 50% of the criminals who want guns have a pretty good chance of getting them from a licensed dealer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026539 Defense Attorney Edward J Reilly by Eric

During the Lindbergh kidnapping trail, the defendants' (Bruno Hauptman) lawyer was Edward J. Reilly. Reilly did a terrible job in defending Bruno Hauptman. Reilly just sat in his seat, drunk with his dentures in his pocket and sometimes napping, not objecting to anything said by the prosecuting attorney David Wilentz. Reilly did not even object to the kidnap ladder showed in court. The kidnap ladder was made out of poor quality wood, but Hauptman was a carpenter. Also, the ladder was poorly built, and Hauptman was a carpenter. Also, the work records were doctored, to show that Hauptman didn't work the day of the meeting in the cemetery. And that he quit the day the ransom money was paid. Another objection that should have been made was that on the inside of a closet in Hauptmans' house was the phone number of John F. Condon, the go-between in the kidnapping. But the writing wasn't made by Hauptman it was made by a reporter after Hauptman was captured. The police knew about this but didn't say anything instead the phone number was used in the trail against Hauptman. So in conclusion, Bruno Hauptman would have probably been found innocent if Edward Reilly would have been more active in the trail, and objected more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:07 pm

026540-026542 Book Report: A Separate Peace by Eric

John Knowles published a novel entitled A Separate Peace. This story takes place in a high school in New England. The book has been set during World War II. The students are almost at drafting age. War is an ever present topic among the students of the high school called Devon. John Knowles displays the theme of war in writing a Separate Peace.

During the course of the book, war is usually the topic of many conversations and thoughts. One such topic comes after a student named Leper enlists for the army, and then returns home because he is afraid of the army. "For if Leper was psycho it was the army which had done it to him." (135-136). "And the perfect word for me, psycho. I guess I am. I must be. Am I, though, or is it the army?" (141-142). Once Leper received his discharge from the army, many of the students talked about his mental state for a while. Another topic of the war is that one student. Finny, is always denying that World War II is even real. "Don't be a sap, there isn't any War." (107). "The fat old men who don't want us crowding them out of their jobs, they've made it all up." (107). Finny denies the war constantly. Finny and his best friend Gene are the two main characters in the book. Many times they talk about the war or about the effects of war. "When we did talk it was about aviation training programs and brothers in the service." (89). "How many rails did you sabotage today, Quakenbush?" (90). This had a large effect on the students of Devon High School.

World War II, being the main theme in this book, usually has an influence on the students of Devon High. Student Preparation for the war is another important part in this book. "They were off somewhere shaping up for the war." (27-28). "I think it's time we started to get a little exercise around here, don't you?" (28). Thoughts are often towards the men in the battlefield. "Not forgetting that troops were being shuttled toward battlefields all over the world." (109). "At least as easy as it was to imagine an American force crawling through the jungles of a place called Guadalcanal." (110). While the students are at school, a few recruiters come by to teach the students about the army. "A recruiter from the United States ski troops showed a film to the senior class in the Renaissance Room." (115). "I'm going to enlist in the ski troops." (117). The recruiters cause a couple of students to enlist.

Beside the war between the United States and Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, there is a war between the students. One such conflict is between Gene and Finny. Gene, at one time, disliked Finny very much and thought Finny was trying to destroy his academic goals. "Finny had put him up to it, to finish me good on the exam." (66). "I should have told him then that he was my best friend also and rounded off what he said. I started to, I nearly did. But something held me back. Perhaps I was stopped by that level of feeling deeper than thought, which contains the truth." (40). Gene and Leper have many disputes between themselves. "You stupid crazy bastard." (137). "You make me sick, you and your damn army words." (136). These wars tend to resort in violence rather than peace. After the initial war between Gene and Finny, Gene defends Finny because Gene accidentally broke Finny's leg. Gene defends him in a serious sort of manner, too. "I hit him hard across the face." (71). "Finny isn't out of it." (149). The war between the students is probably the most important conflict in the book.

While writing A Separate Peace, John Knowles displays the theme of war. During the book, the students of Devon High School talk about World War II constantly. World War II is often the subject and topic of many conversations. The actual war has an influence on all the students, even though it is not the most commonly used subject. The most important part of the war theme is the war between the students. These conflicts make this book very interesting. A Separate Peace is a great novel explaining the time during World War II m a New England high school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026543 Book Report: Sphere by Eric

Sphere, by Michael Crichton, is about a team of scientists in the Pacific Ocean. They were in an underwater naval habitat investigating a top secret discovery. The top secret discovery was an extremely large spaceship from an unknown origin. After discovering that the space ship was an American craft, they entered it and found a large sphere 30 feet in diameter. Later, one of the scientists entered the sphere and after he came out he was able to create his thoughts into actual objects. One problem was that the scientist did not know that he had this power.

In the novel, Sphere, I learned many different views on time travel, space, and time itself. I learned that gravity curves space and time. Also, I learned that a black hole in space can make tears in the fabric of time, allowing time travel. Another thing I learned is that under stressful and dangerous conditions many people may turn on one another in order to survive. I liked many things about this novel. One of such was the complete originality of the story line and plot. I also enjoyed how Michael Crichton kept the story going. All throughout the book the story stayed alive and never had any boring or dull parts. The main thing I would have improved about this novel was the origin of the spaceship and the sphere. I wish that Michael Crichton would have told me more about the background of the spaceship and how the sphere got on the ship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026544 Book Report: The Lost World by Eric

In The Lost World, the sequel to Jurassic Park, a team of scientists discovers an island inhabited by genetically engineered dinosaurs. However, when the scientists try to study the dinosaurs' habits and life styles the dinosaurs attack. As a result, several people are killed.

In this book, I learned many different ideas for the theory of evolution, such as the theory that all life was created by an alien life form. I also learned about a theory that all life is meant to become extinct sometime. Another theory I learned is that you cannot study a habitat without having an effect on it. The best parts of The Lost World were when the author used his writing skills to tell me the description of a scene. Michael Crichton's use of adjectives and verbs completely put the scene into my mind and in implicit detail. The only thing I believe the author could have done to make the book better was to have a more conclusive ending. The ending leaves you hanging and wondering what happens to the dinosaurs. So, unless the author is preparing the reader for another sequel, the ending could have been improved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026545-026547 The Values of Doc by Eric 3/13/97 Period 1 Mrs. Caruthers

Doc was one of the main characters in John Steinbeck's novel, Cannery Row. Doc had many characteristics and values. Never having any animosity toward anyone or being wastrel. Doc maintained his reputation throughout most of the book. He was a kind, suave man and he was very forgiving to all people, he never deviated from anyone. Doc symbolized the good character in the book because he was forgiving and never held a grudge for more than a few minutes.

Doc was kind for many reasons. He never hurt any animals or any of his specimens for that matter. He would always try to avoid fights or reprehensible acts. Often using facts to discern the truth, he could settle contentious arguments by using his listening and reasoning skills. Everyone in town liked him, because they had no reason to dislike him. Doc never did any harm to anyone or by mission of action allows anyone to be harmed. No one ever hated or disliked Doc because of these characteristics. He symbolized the best parts of a person, and how everyone else should treat each other.

Doc was a very forgiving man in Cannery Row. An example of this is when Mac and the boys disheveled his lab. Although the majority of his equipment and specimens were destroyed, he was only mad for a little while then he forgave the boys and cleaned up the mess. This was another reason Doc was loved all around town. People could trust him, and he would never get annoyed or angry with anyone. He symbolized the best parts of human nature, despite what anyone else did.

In the famous novel by John Steinbeck, Cannery Row, Doc showed a great deal of kindness and love towards others. He showed this by never holding a grudge, by always listening to people, and by treating people the best way he could. Without showing rancor toward anyone, Doc symbolized the best parts of all characters. Also, he symbolized what all people should try to be like, and the way everyone should treat one another. Doc was a kind and forgiving man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:08 pm

026548-026549 Renaissance Essence by Eric
026567-026568 Renaissance Essence by Eric

In the play Cyrano de Bergerac, written by Edmond Rostand, Cyrano displays a true renaissance essence. He displays knowledge of poetry, words, feelings, a superb fighting and fencing talent, and extreme generosity. I myself display a variety of mental and physical skills that could classify me as a "renaissance" man. I am efficient in several sports, in writing, in speaking, and in thinking.

In sports, I have been known to play soccer, baseball, football, and even mountain biking. In the sport of soccer, I have played as an offensive and defensive player. These two positions are very different from each other, since offensive is attacking and defensive is defending. I have proven myself to be a superb player in both positions. As for baseball, I was an excellent outfielder and excellent second baseman. These positions are very different from each other and I show a bit of the renaissance essence in the fact that I "was good at both of the positions. Playing football and mountain biking are two very different sports from each other and from soccer and baseball, being able to play them both with a bit of talent shows that I have some renaissance spirit in me.

In the field of writing I have been known to display several different writing techniques, such as harsh, kind, gibberish, serious, dramatic, and several other kinds. I have written harsh and kind letters to friends. In later response they have said the letters were effective. I have been known to write and even speak plenty of gibberish and meaningless sayings. Serious and often dramatic essays and speeches have come from me. Some speeches have even been inspiring. My writing and speaking techniques have varied day by day and essay by essay, so one could say that I have a bit of the renaissance spirit in me.

My thoughts are the most original and distinctive part of my character. The variety and degree of my thoughts makes me a definite renaissance man. Thinking of topics from love to hate, from anger to enthusiasm, and sorrow to joy. Thoughts are such a unique aspect of one's character that one cannot really describe them in a short essay. However, I believe that everyone has a little bit of the renaissance spirit in them just from their thoughts alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026550-026551 Sacrifice by Eric

026569-026570 Sacrifice by Eric

In the play Cyrano de Bergerac, Cyrano made many honorable and brave sacrifices. Such as when he gave up all of his money so the people in the theater would be happy or when he spent every day crossing enemy lines just to send a letter to Roxanne, his secret lover. I myself can recall one such brave and valiant sacrifice I made in my lifetime. It was when I rode my bike across a one mile trail and back to get my friend out of trouble.

My friend Kris and I were riding our bikes across a dirt trail in a wooded area in upstate New York. We were about a mile into the woods when we found a large drainage pipe. We decided to go explore inside and about 5 minutes into it we ran into a wave of water that knocked us out of the pipe. I landed in a pond below and got a large cut on my right t high but Kris was caught in some fishing wire right outside the tunnel. After about ten minutes of tugging and pulling we decided that I should go and get a knife to cut the wire since Kris was so entangled in it. So I got onto my bike and peddled through the forest with one leg since my other leg was in too much pain from the cut. I made it to a boat house and found a fishing knife and returned to Kris. He was beginning to get worried about his situation because the water kept getting colder, even though he was only in about a foot of it. I cut him loose and we both went back to his house and tended to our wounds. The cut on my leg was bigger than I first thought it was, I ended up needing 13 stitches and was left with a very impressive scar. Throughout my whole bike ride to get the knife and return I was in constant pain and agony. My entire leg was covered with blood and dirt and washing it off in the pond's water only hurt more because the pond did not exactly have pure clean uncontaminated water. This was my sacrifice: To save my friend in spite of my pain. I very well could have stayed and spent another half an hour untangling my friend, but his arm was starting to turn blue since his arm's blood circulation was cut off and I did not think we had time to waste. Plus our parents wanted us back home soon, so we needed to hurry for that reason too. Kris thanked me and was shocked that I did all that for him in spite of my painful wound. That is my most noble sacrifice that I can remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026552-026553 KMFDM: Son of a Gun 1996 by Eric

026562-026563 KMFDM: Son of a Gun 1996 by Eric

This song, by the German techno-music group "KMFDM," is one of my most favorite songs. This song shows the way I feel about myself sometimes and it also gives me energy and adrenaline so I play this song before my soccer games and such. I have heard this song at many memorable points in my teenage life, so it therefore comes to mind on many occasions. That is why this song means a lot to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026553-026554 KMFDM: Waste 1996 by Eric

026563-026564 KMFDM: Waste 1996 by Eric

This song is not as important to me as the previous, but I still like it for its meaning. Some of its lyrics are true to me, but some are not. I believe that these lyrics have a significant amount of meaning to them, so that is why I choose to include this song. It is one of my favorite songs, and I can remember many times when I have actually listened to this song instead of just "hearing" it and thought, "This does have some meaning to it." As opposed to just "hearing" a song, "listening" is when one understands and thinks about the lyrics, or at least, that is my point of view.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:09 pm

026555 KMFDM: Stray Bullet 1996 by Eric

026565 KMFDM: Stray Bullet 1996 by Eric

I believe that this song describes my actions and thoughts the best. I have often been described by my friends and even family as a "stray bullet." Jokingly, some people have said that I am a "juggernaut, dearest friend, worst enemy, anarchist" and several other sayings from this song. That is why I chose to include this song, because it has several things in common with me and my personality.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026556 Quotes from the Play [Cyrano de Bergerac] by Eric

026566 Quotes from the Play [Cyrano de Bergerac] by Eric

"Why, yesterday I did not have so many friends!"

"I have told her, and she loves you."

"It seems too logical, I have missed everything, even my death!"

"The blood was his."

“And you gentlemen, remember now, no rescue, let me fight alone.”

—Each quote is from Cyrano, each font symbolizes the feelings—
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026557 Understanding the Play: Cyrano’s Tragic Flaw by Eric

026559-026560 Understanding the Play: Cyrano’s Tragic Flaw by Eric

In Edmond Rostand's play Cyrano de Bergerac, Cyrano has many talents and marvels. He is a poet, a fighter, a lover, a hater, a man of honor, and a man of secrecy. However, he does have one tragic flaw. In the play Cyrano has a rather enormous nose, and he Is well aware of this. He loses his temper at anyone who attempts to laugh or make fun of his nose. He thinks that no one could ever love him for his looks and often insults himself about his own looks. He knows he is a great poet and can make women love him for his words, but when it comes to his physical appearance he hides in the shadows and behind others. When it came to his true love Roxanne, he uses Christian and his good looks to write what he has always wanted to write to Roxanne, and confess his love. But, through Christian he did all of this. So throughout almost the entire play Roxanne believes that Christian is the man of her dreams since she receives such beautifully written letters and poems thought to be from Christian. In reality they are from Cyrano. Cyrano is afraid to admit his love to Roxanne because he fears that his nose will lead to his downfall with her. Ironically, it did. But rather than Roxanne loving only a man who has good looks and a superb writing mind, she falls in love with the soul of a man with such great writing and speaking skills that she had loved so much, which was Cyrano. Cyrano was only able to confess his love to Roxanne when he is about to die. Cyrano's beliefs of his nose and physical appearance being repulsive led to his downfall by only letting him confess his love to Roxanne minutes before his death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:10 pm

026558 What Grade I Deserve: B+ by Eric

026561 What Grade I Deserve: B+ by Eric

I feel that I deserve a B plus on the assignment for a few reasons. One of which is the amount of time and effort I spent on my cover sheet and picture. I feel that one could not have more of a renaissance theme than that picture. I have filled all of the requirements except my last paper is about half of a page short. Grammatical and mechanical errors are things that I feel 1 could have corrected even more if I had spent more time on that part of the assignment. However, most of my time was spent in the cover picture and the first two papers along with the appearance of the total project. That is why I feel I deserve a B plus or a solid B on this paper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026571-026573 Eric’s Chat Room Log 1, REB DoMiNe

[redacted]: I will get over him

REB DoMiNe: Ok

[redacted]: Good question, I am not sure, probably just when he compliments me, but I get so

aggravated with him sometimes, I don’t think that I am in love really

REB DoMiNe: Alright, doesn’t sound like it

[redacted]: No it doesn’t

REB DoMiNe: But then again, remember this: love in my view means something different to

everyone, what one person calls true love can be just another cheap thrill to

another

[redacted]: I think I am just obsessed with the idea of a great boyfriend and he’s the closest I

got, yeah I guess you’re right

REB DoMiNe: Hm, that might be it might just want love so much we exaggerate our feelings and

romanticize them

[redacted]: I think that I am just comfortable with him and right now I don’t feel comfortable

about much

REB DoMiNe: Why do you feel comfortable with him? In other words what is so great about Mr.

[redacted]?

[redacted]: Because I know he likes me as a person, we can talk about anything, life goals, he’s

a lot like you, only there

REB DoMiNe: Damn

[redacted]: And he’s fun

REB DoMiNe: Mhmm

[redacted]: We can goof off or have a deep conversation, see I am really insecure

REB DoMiNe: It doesn’t seem like he can have a deep conversation

[redacted]: And so when he tells me that I am his best friend and stuff it makes me feel needed

REB DoMiNe: Just seems that he would say things like “yeah … I agree … yeah … uh huh … yeah”

yeah, well, I can see that

[redacted]: It is easier to have a deep conversation with people that I meet in person because I

need to look into their eyes

REB DoMiNe: ah

[redacted]: I need to see what they are feeling, I don’t know, he has such beautiful eyes

REB DoMiNe: You see, I have never had any conversations like this in real life

[redacted]: I fall into them when I look at him

REB DoMiNe: So I wouldn’t know

[redacted]: Really never?

REB DoMiNe: Nope

[redacted]: Do you not have many close girlfriends?

REB DoMiNe: Just conversations at school about school things

[redacted]: Wow

REB DoMiNe: No, I hardly have any

[redacted]: That seems strange to me, I think with things like this it is easier to talk to people of

the opposite sex, I am not sure though

REB DoMiNe: Heh, I have a big ass feeling you would hate quite a few people here

[redacted]: A lot of fake people?

REB DoMiNe: Mhm

[redacted]: That don’t think

REB DoMiNe: Followers, airheads, losers, dumbasses, yep, they only think about social life

instead of life life

[redacted]: Ah that is so annoying

REB DoMiNe: Mmmhm

[redacted]: I hate people like that, I am so glad that you aren’t like that

REB DoMiNe: As am I

[redacted]: It would be scary because I probably never would have met you

REB DoMiNe: Call it fate or call it a coincidence … but call it damn cool and good

[redacted]: No kidding

REB DoMiNe: So, what do you think when you look at the stars? (to start a new topic)

[redacted]: I think wow they are so pretty

REB DoMiNe: … I hope that’s not all …

[redacted]: I have no idea about another species

REB DoMiNe: Go on

[redacted]: I don’t see how there couldn’t be, the universe is so big

[redacted]: But then I wonder why haven’t we found them yet

REB DoMiNe: Ah

[redacted]: You know, I mean we have been searching for so long

REB DoMiNe: Yeah and if there is other life, why haven’t they tried to contact us?

[redacted]: I know, why haven’t they tried to find us

REB DoMiNe: You think because they don’t want to?

[redacted]: How do they live, communicate, think, act, look like? I am not sure really, maybe

they already found us and didn’t like us

REB DoMiNe: Could be, I know that’s what I would think

[redacted]: Yeah I would think man as a whole this planet sucks and the people are pretty damn

stupid

REB DoMiNe: Yep

[redacted]: We only use 10% of our brain, that I just don’t get

REB DoMiNe: Yeah, and the people that use more than 10% are called crazy or stupid even!

[redacted]: I know, or freak

REB DoMiNe: Mhm it’s all backasswards

[redacted]: Lol that is a funny word, I will have to use it sometime

REB DoMiNe: You and me are the ones who should be running the world, not all these lame ass

lying politicians heh

[redacted]: Yeah that would be so cool, we’d have all the answers

REB DoMiNe: I would love to be the ultimate judge and say if a person lives or dies, be Godlike

[redacted]: Yeah could I be your goddess

REB DoMiNe: “You’ll be Godlike” KMFDM, hell yeah

[redacted]: ho yeah

REB DoMiNe: Like my quotes in my profile say “it’s only cool if I say so and it only sucks if I say

so”

[redacted]: I would love to hold someone’s life in my hand

REB DoMiNe: Me too

[redacted]: Hey hold on I want to read your profile

REB DoMiNe: and say “you don’t deserve to live, you are worthless, die”

[redacted]: Do you know how many people I would do that to, the world be a much smaller

place

REB DoMiNe: Someone once told me no one is worthless, maybe so, but they are definitely

pointless, there would be about 100 people left on Earth if we could do that.

Have you ever seen that movie made for TV “The Stand” by Stephen King?

[redacted]: No. I don’t think that people are worthless but I agree pointless

REB DoMiNe: Check it out sometime. It has a nice view of the world after 98% of it is dead

[redacted]: Like their life is going nowhere

REB DoMiNe: Yeah, and they only are helpful because of their “job”

[redacted]: But some of them don’t even have jobs

REB DoMiNe: Like, yeah thanks you made a movie, so the flip what

[redacted]: And half of them could be replaced by robots

REB DoMiNe: Yes, very true
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026574-026575 Eric’s Chat Room Log 2, REB DoMiNe

[redacted]: Hey so what’s up

REB DoMiNe: Wow I’m glad I found you online. Here, I was just about to mail this to you: Well, I

wrote my mom a 2 page note last night and put it on the counter. I told her about

our conversations and why I stay up so late and how it’s my life and I am in

control of it and a lot of other stuff that they have been bitching at me about. So

we will have to see what they say about that when they get home from work

tonight. I’m happy, I finally got the courage to tell my parents what I really think. I

put it on paper so they wouldn’t think I was “talking back” or having a “bad

attitude” or something.

[redacted]: Wow I am so proud of you

REB DoMiNe: Thanks!

[redacted]: Well you have to tell me everything they say

REB DoMiNe: Ok I will

[redacted]: So you have to tell me about your dream world

REB DoMiNe: Alright. How long can you be online right now, I mean do we have time to talk?

[redacted]: Yeah I got all day, no plans

REB DoMiNe: Awesome. Ok picture this: You’re in a large rectangular room, about 10 feet by 4

feet. It reminds you of the inside of a hull of a boat. There are old computer

screens around you on the walls, except something is different about them, they

are futuristic looking, but yet hundreds of years old. They are covered with dust,

mold, and vines. The only light in the room is from a full moon that seems to

dance around in the sky, so the shadows are all creping around you. Now, in the

front of the room and on the ground are windows. You can see out the windows

and you are looking into a vast sea, large hill of water going up and down

constantly. The only sound is the wind and the movement of the water. The room

that you are in is moving, like a blimp would, and you are just standing there,

staring out in to the sea. That is one place I have imagined I would like to be.

[redacted]: Wow kind of gloomy

REB DoMiNe: Yeah, but it’s still nice. No people at all, kind of like, everyone is dead and has

been for centuries.

[redacted]: Wow that does sound nice

REB DoMiNe: … can only wish

[redacted]: I would love that but I would need some people

REB DoMiNe: Eventually I would only want 1 or 2 people

[redacted]: I think I would want 4 or 5

REB DoMiNe: It would be tough to decide who though

[redacted]: Not so much for me, I keep my friends close

REB DoMiNe: What kind of people would you want with you?

[redacted]: I know for sure my best friends and you

REB DoMiNe: =] thanks

[redacted]: sure, I hope you could stand my friends

REB DoMiNe: If everyone was dead except say 4 or 5 of us, would you want to build a new

human race or eventually let us go extinct?

[redacted]: I think I would want us to go extinct but it would be inevitable that people would

have sex

REB DoMiNe: True, maybe if we were all sterile (couldn’t reproduce)

[redacted]: It just is inevitable hehe

REB DoMiNe: Yeah

[redacted]: Smoking seeds makes you sterile and I think all stupids should be sterile anyway

REB DoMiNe: Yeah, in our dreams. It would be great if we were that lucky. I don’t think I would

want to bring a child into this world.

[redacted]: Hehe, been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding, why

too many stupids

REB DoMiNe: Maybe its nature’s way, yeah, just the world itself. I don’t know, but I think I

would want us to go extinct also

[redacted]: I know what you mean, we are all pieces of shit

REB DoMiNe: But I would definitely leave behind some things

[redacted]: Yeah

REB DoMiNe: Like ancient civilizations have done (pyramids, Stonehenge) rrrr. I just wish I could

actually DO this instead if just DREAM about it all

[redacted]: Yeah I always wonder what we have done and left behind that others will wonder

About

REB DoMiNe: Lately, we haven’t left anything worth leaving

[redacted]: I know

REB DoMiNe: Just buildings, yey doggie.

[redacted]: yey doggie?

REB DoMiNe: woopdy doo. Woo fucking hoo. Big deal etc.

[redacted]: Oh ok, I am a little slow at times

REB DoMiNe: Why can’t we make anything like the pyramids anymore? Oh don’t worry, I can

be slow as hell sometimes

[redacted]: Hehe, I think we are just incapable of making anything amazing

REB DoMiNe: I think you’re right. We only make things that look “neat”. Nothing has any depth

or meaning.

[redacted]: Yep just as long as it is good on the surface

[redacted]: But all that shimmers is not gold

REB DoMiNe: Yeah … silver too, heh, at least in society’s mind

[redacted]: Yep

REB DoMiNe: … ugh

[redacted]: What that mean

REB DoMiNe: Nothing really, just thinking about what we were talking about

[redacted]: makes me mad too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:11 pm

026576-026577 Quotes from The Chosen by Eric

The first quote I chose to write on is, "No one knows he is fortunate until he becomes unfortunate." In the book, this quote has a lot of significance such as when Reuven was in the hospital recovering from his wound. When he was looking outside at the people walking in the fresh air, he remembered how he took his everyday walks for granted. He took many things for granted in the beginning of the book. But when he was in the hospital, he realized how fortunate he was. One other thing he took for granted was his eyesight. His eyesight wasn't even something he ever paid much attention to, but once it was taken away, he realized how important it was and how much everyone takes it for granted. When he was in the hospital, he realized that he had lost many normal activities such as walking, seeing, reading, and to just be free. I believe that we all take things for granted. Then once we lose that privilege, we realize how fortunate we were. Personally, this quote is very true. I have had many experiences where something was taken away from me that I used every day, such as when I had surgery on my chest. When I got back from the hospital, I couldn't do anything that involved using my chest muscles. This meant I barely could even laugh. I learned then how many things I took for granted.

The second quote I chose to discuss is "Things are always what they seem to be, Reuven? Since when?" This quote is very significant in the novel because of Reuven and his prejudice against Danny and the Orthodox Jews. He thought, at first, that Danny was an evil, "snooty" person that wanted to kill him. Then later he realized that Danny was a very intelligent, thoughtful, and caring human being just like himself. There were many points in the novel in which things were not as they seemed, such as when Danny hit the baseball at Reuvens' head. Reuven thought that Danny did it on purpose but he really wasn't aiming for Reuven. Another point in the novel might have been when was wearing his glasses at the baseball game in the beginning of the novel. He saw several things that to him, seemed bad or different, but later he sees that those things where normal just like him. Like Dov, the boy who ran into Reuven during the game. It seemed to Reuven that he was a mean bully, but later he sees him in the synagogue and sees that he is just like everyone else. Personally, this quote means a lot to me. I have had countless experiences in which I thought I was sure about something then later it becomes the opposite of what I thought, such as when I had a friend that, at first, he seemed to be a normal friend just like my others. Then he lied and turned on me, for no reason, and tried to get me in trouble and trying to get money out of me. This is probably the best example in my life of this quote. I have learned in my life to never believe first impressions, and always look a little deeper, because things aren't always the way they seem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026578-026580 Congress of Vienna by Eric Period 4 Unit 4

During the early nineteenth century the Congress of Vienna and the European Settlement played major roles in shaping Europe after the invasion of Napoleon. Napoleon was defeated, treaties were formed, alliances were erected, the Congress of Vienna settled problems of territory and French boundaries, Napoleon was defeated again at Waterloo, and peace was eventually laid down in Europe.

After Napoleon was defeated at Leipzig in October of 1813, he went into exile on an island off the coast of northern Italy. European countries wanted to restore power to what it was before Napoleon so the Treaty of Chaumont was formed. One of the most important figures in this settlement was a British foreign secretary named Robert Stewert, Viscount Castlereagh. The treaty provided that the Bourbons be restored to the French throne and France would be contracted to its boundaries of 1792. The Quadruple Alliance between Britain, Austria, Prussia, and Russia was also formed. The other remaining problems were to be solved at the Congress of Vienna.

The congress of Vienna lasted from September 1814 to November 1815 and was mainly assembled to settle territorial disputes. The Bourbon monarchy was restored and the boundaries were cut to keep France content. Also, several states were created around France to act as barriers to any more French expansions. Monarchs were to govern these states as well, as to stop any republican or democratic form of government that followed the French Revolution. This settlement of Eastern Europe sharply divided the great powers.

Russia wanted to rule all of Poland, Prussia wanted all of Saxony, Austria did not want to give up Poland or see Prussia gain power and Russia to grow deeper into Europe. The Polish-Saxon question almost brought the countries to war but Talleyrand, a representative of France, solved this problem. He suggested that Russia might agree to their demands if France, Austria, and Britain were to have a secret treaty. This caused the Russian tsar to agree to becoming ruler of a smaller Poland and Prussia would only accept part of Saxony. This led to France being included with the great powers since it peacefully and wisely solved a large problem between the great powers.

However, on March 1, 1815 Napoleon returned to France and revived his still loyal army. The major European leaders saw this as a great threat and sent their armies to crush Napoleon. He was defeated and sent back into exile at the battle of Waterloo on June 18. The period of time in which Napoleon was leader again is called the Hundred Days, and this period of time made peace hard for the great leaders of Europe. Austria, Russia, Prussia, and Britain wanted to prevent any more episodes like this, so Russia suggested a Holy Alliance. This would be an alliance whereby the monarchs promised to act together in accordance with Christian principles. England refused to sign the treaty and the Quadruple Alliance was then renewed. The Holy and Quadruple Alliances where formed to keep peace in Europe and prevent other leaders like Napoleon from taking control of Europe again. France was proposed to be put under military rule but eventually a legalistic balance of power and methods for adjusting to change was used.

The main goals of the Congress of Vienna were to arrange an acceptable settlement of Europe that would have lasting peace and to prevent another Napoleonic era. The goals were met very well. No more leaders like Napoleon came to power and no war broke out for years. France accepted the new situation with ease and the great powers solved their problems reasonably. The only thing the congress did not accomplish was recognizing and providing for the great forces of nationalism and democracy that would stir the next century. The congress could not have anticipated these great powers to come or yield to forces they disapproved.

In general, the Congress of Vienna and the formation of the Quadruple Alliance kept peace for about 50 years and no major hostile conflicts for 100 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026581 Book Report Corrections by Eric 4/11/96 Period 2

1. The reason I did not capitalize the name of this book is because I was slightly confused. I thought that you were supposed to put quotation marks around the title instead of underlining it.

2. The reason I did not type out "can't" is because I am used to using shortcuts. For a long time now I have been using shortcuts in my papers and I forget that you have to write out words completely, instead of using a contraction.

3. The reason I did not underline the title of this book is because I was still confused. Just like the first time I did this at the beginning of the report, I was not sure if I should have underlined or put quotations around the title of the book.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026582 Cover Page - Nature is Evil in Macbeth by Eric 9/29/98 Period 5 Mr. Webb

026644-026646 Nature is Evil in Macbeth by Eric 9/29/98 Period 5 Mr. Webb

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:12 pm

026583-026584 The Crucible by Eric 10/10/96 Period 4

In The Crucible, John Procter displays a great amount of courage. In the story, John Procter did many courageous acts. One such act was when he confessed to lechery, another was when he said his wife would never lie, and the last was when he tore up his confession statement.

Confessing to lechery took an extremely great amount of courage to do. He confessed to make Abigail look like she was lying and to show the court that all the girls were lying. By confessing to lechery John Procter ruined his own reputation and made his wife feel horrible. It takes a great amount of courage to confess to such an awful sin like lechery. Another courageous act was when John Procter told the court that his wife has never and will never lie. This was courageous because he just confessed to lechery and his wife didn't know about it. Since she would want to protect him, she would probably lie to save his name. Also, she would never tell the court that her husband was a lecher because that would give her a bad name too. John did not know exactly what his wife would say, so he took the risk and said that she would never lie. The last main act of courage by John Procter is when he denied being a part of witch craft. Not only did John deny being a witch, but he tore up the confession in front of the judge. This act cost him his life because after he tore it up Reverend Hale said, "Man, you will hang!" However, this courageous act saved his name and soul because he didn't lie and didn't let the court make him do anything against his will. John knew he would hang if he didn't confess, so at first he did confess. However, since he did not put his full name on the confession statement, the judge said it was not a valid confession. John was enraged that they wanted to not only make him lie and confess, but they also wanted him to ruin his name permanently. He would never do that so he tore up the paper. This was the ultimate act of courage and bravery.

John Procter did many courageous things in The Crucible. Some of his most courageous acts were when he confessed to lechery, when he told the court that his wife would never lie, and when he tore up his confession to the court about witch craft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026593-026594 Creative Essay – DOOM by Eric 8/31/98 Period 5 Mr. Webb

Picture an Earth that has been obliterated by nuclear war and alien attacks leaving cities and military forces in ruins with only a lone marine as humanity's last fighting force. Holographic walls, crushing ceilings, oceans of blood and lava, strange ancient artifacts, horrible sour lemon and rotten meat stench in the air. Imagine being trapped on an abandoned cold steel base floating in space for eternity, a leathery skinned monster roaming under a strobe light waiting for a fight, and astonishing weaponry designed to your special needs. All these places and ideas have been created and recreated many times by yours truly.

It can be hard to be original in our generation, with so many movies, books, published ideas, and songs that can copied. People can combine ideas from several different fields and mix them into a new trend or fashion but, in reality, it is just more of the same. In order to tell of my creative talents, I must first tell my view on "creativity." My mind is so full of creative, original ideas that sometimes I have trouble keeping them at bay. For the past three years, I have been involved in a computer game called Doom. Even though one might think it is just a game, I believe it is one of the best ways to show my creativity and intelligence.

I believe creativity is a term that is relative to the observer. What one person may think is completely incredible and uncanny another might think is just more of the same. In reality they both can be correct. I think that about a third of what an average high school student says in one day can be found in a movie or a book. While that student may not be plagiarizing on purpose, someone else might think they are. My point is that, for me, it is hard to describe my creative talents and to be sure that they are original and unique at the same time.

Doom is a “first person shooter” style game. So basically, one runs around levels and shoots at monsters with military weaponry. To most people it may be just another silly computer game, but to me it is an outlet for my thoughts and dreams. I have mastered changing anything that is possible to change in that game, such as the speed of weapons, the strength and mass of monsters, the textures and colors used on the floors and walls, and greatest of all, the actual levels that are used. Several times I have dreamed of a place or area one night, and then thought about it for days and days. Then, I would recreate it in Doom using everything from places in outer space with burned out floor lights and dusty computers to the darkest depths of the infernal regions with minotaurs and demons running at me from every dark and threatening comer. I have also created settings such as areas of ancient abandoned military installations deep in monster infested forests with blood stained trees and unidentifiable mangled bodies covered with dead vines and others that portray to futuristic military bases on Mars overrun with zombies that lurk in every comer. These places may seem a bit on the violent side and, I assure you, some of them are. However, many times I have made levels with absolutely no monsters or guns in them. I have created worlds with beautiful, breath taking scenery that looks like something out of a science fiction movie, a fantasy movie, and even some "Eldritch" from H. P. Lovecraft.

Now, I know that other people are just as creative or more creative than I am, but I believe that I will always be the best at Doom creativity. In this day and age it can be hard to find a skill that can be completely dominated and mastered or a skill that almost no one else has. This is why I choose a simple computer game to express my talents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026595-026596 White Heron & Scarlet Ibis by Eric

The children and the birds in the short stories 'White Heron' and 'Scarlet Ibis' will be compared and contrasted in terms of appearance, how they were used in the story and how the children protected the birds.

The short story 'White Heron' was about a little city girl that moved to the country and protected a bird, the White Heron, from being found by a hunter. In the story the little girl always wore a white dress, symbolizing goodness, purity, and kindness, and the White Heron’s feathers were also white.

The short story 'Scarlet Ibis' is about a boy that was born very weak and everyone thought he would not live, but with the help of his ashamed older brother, he learned to walk and be like all the other boys. One day after Doodle, the little boy, had buried a Scarlet Ibis that had died from exhaustion from a storm, he was killed in a heavy rain and lightning storm. Doodle was a thin, red colored, crippled boy that died in the shape of an 's' and the Scarlet Ibis had red feathers, was very weak, and died like an 's' also.

The little girl and Doodle were used in the stories as protectors and saviors for the birds. The little girl in the 'White Heron' protected the bird how she wanted to be protected and tried to keep the birds nest a secret. Doodle also protected the Scarlet Ibis by burying it after it had died. Doodle and the little girl were different in appearance because the little girl symbolized goodness and Doodle symbolized death, agony, and suffrage. The difference between the usage of the children and birds in the stories was that Doodle was used as a sorry and crippled boy. On the other hand the little girl was perfect and wore a white dress all the time. The birds were different because the Scarlet Ibis was only in the story near the end and died, but the White Heron was a main part or conflict in the story and lived. The way the children protected the birds was different because Doodle only buried the bird and didn't save it from any danger. On the contrast, the little girl saved the white heron from the hunter by not telling him where it was and also protected the bird the way she would want to be protected.

I compared and contrasted the children and the birds in the short stories 'White Heron' and 'Scarlet Ibis' by means of appearance, how they were used in the story, and how the children protected the birds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

026597 “F” by Eric

Fading, failing, fainting, faking, falling, faltering, fanning, fanning, fasting, fattening, faulting, favoring, feasting, feeding, feeling, fencing, fending, fertilizing, festering, fetching, feuding, fibbing, fiddling, fidgeting fielding, fighting, filing, filling, finding, fining, fingering, finishing, firing, firming, fishing, fitting, fixing, fizzing, flagging, flaring, flaking, flaming, flanking, flapping, flaring, flashing, fleeing, flexing, flicking, flipping, flirting, flinching, floating, flocking, flooding, flopping, flossing, flowing, flubbing, fluffing, flunking, flushing, fluxing, flying, foaming, fogging, foiling, folding, forcing, forging, forking, forming, formatting, framing, franking, freezing, frizzing, frying, fueling, fumbling, fussing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:13 pm

026112 – Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Trench Coat Mafia Corporate Presentation Rubric for Eric

026598-026605 Trench Coat Mafia Hit Men for Hire by Eric 12/10/98 Period 2 Mr. Tonelli

026824-026830 Trench Coat Mafia Hit Men for Hire by Eric 12/10/98 Period 2 Mr. Tonelli

Product Overview:

In this city, protection is needed. Day by day people grow more and more agitated with one another and become less understanding and forgiving. Even though programs made by anti-hate groups and police try to keep people from being prejudiced and having stereotypes, most people are still the same.

The so-called "Trench Coat Mafia" is a small group of friends who generally wear dark clothes, military fatigues, and long black dusters. Most people usually just stare and whisper when they see us. We don't mind because we generally don't like people anyway. Now they have reasons to stay clear of us.

Map:

This map depicts our current locations. We are located in a few different houses in the Columbine area, along with a safe location in the mountains. We also have connections with people in Mexico, Germany, South Africa, and New York City. The locations in the Columbine area are strategically positioned so we can launch attacks in almost any neighborhood within a few minutes’ notice. We also have caches of weaponry and explosives located around the CHS area and in certain fields, all to serve YOU the customer.

Business Organization:

Now, with more and more violent fights and nearby gang activity at locations like Chatfield, we believed that we needed to start a business. The business is basically to kill people who anger our clients. Hence, the "Trench Coat Mafia Hit-Men for Hire" business was created. Several weapons, such as a sawed-off pump-action riot-gun, an AB-10 machine pistol, homemade rocket launchers, swords, and daggers were gathered to help our business. Now on school grounds we can't be armed. Everyone knows that if someone is caught with a weapon they are suspended or expelled, which would not help my business at all. Therefore, using our resourceful home computers, we acquire the full name, telephone number, and address of our target. Then we hunt the target down and relocate him/her to one of several secluded areas, like the bottom of a lake.

Fund Raising:

As far as costs are concerned, we can be pretty lenient. For underclassmen, the cost is $50 a day for general protection. For upperclassmen it is $20 a day. Now, if you wanted someone so intimidated that they would not even get out of bed in the morning that costs about $100. Assaults and beatings can range from $200 to $500, depending on the severity. For relocation of problem targets, the price is usually between $1,000 and $10,000. It basically depends on the location and time of the hit, as well as if there will be witnesses or if it requires us to take out a whole group of targets. We raised enough money to start our business strongly. Most of the money came from personal reserves. We also got money from relocated targets. Weaponry we already had, and ammunition isn't too expensive these days. Political contributions are the main expense.

Advertising Campaign:

Our advertising campaign is quite simple. We don't want to start a war, at least not yet, so we can only help certain groups of people. We will help whoever is willing to pay the most for our protection. It is a first-come-first-served basis. My business will reach the intended audience by word of mouth alone. That may seem like we wouldn't get many clients, but we have already made $20,000 since we started the business only a few weeks ago. So if you need our help, just come up to me, or one of my associates, and tell us a little about yourself and your problem. We'll see what we can arrange for you.

Conclusion:

The fact is that people need protection from the dangers of every-day encounters and the "Trench Coat Mafia" is willing to protect you. For a small cost, you can walk the halls knowing that you have your very own personal guards keeping a close eye on you. No one, no matter what size, will give you any trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:13 pm

026606-026607 Wasting Money (The Great Gatsby) by Eric 5/12/97 Period 1 Mrs. Caruthers

In the story, The Great Gatsby, there were many different themes. One of the most outstanding themes was the use of money in society. The West egg was the middle class section of the community and the East is where the higher class lives. Nick, Tom, Daisy, and Gatsby all live in the higher class section. Many of them have used their money unconsciously or wastefully.

Gatsby used his money in many wasteful ways. Some of these ways might have seemed unimportant or insignificant, but when one looks back on the story, these acts will look strange, such as when Gatsby and friends rented a luxurious hotel suite for a few hours. Gatsby also went flying in his expensive air plane often and acted as if it was no big deal. Since he never truly worked for his money, he doesn't know how to enjoy his money and spend it wisely.

Tom and Daisy also used their money wastefully, most of all though they were inconsiderate. Throughout the story Tom and Daisy treated their child as if she was a piece of furniture. They would call her down and look at her, then send her back up to her room, never thinking about her feelings and her needs for love and care. The most likely cause for their actions is probably their money. Since they did not earn it by working, they were spoiled and their inconsiderate actions were just a side effect.

In F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel, The Great Gatsby, there was a wide use of themes. One of the larger themes was money. Many of the citizens living on the East egg used money quite wastefully. Since most of the rich people got their money by inheriting it, they do not know how to work or do anything else by themselves. In my opinion, those people are inconsiderate, selfish and they do not deserve to be at the top of society.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Documents Transcribed   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:14 pm

026609-026610 Guns by Eric 4/16/99 Period 4 R.D. [source: Dominic Duran -http://web.archive.org/web/20030703011628/http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/shooting/0421bda04.shtml]

026820 Guns by Eric 4/16/99 Period 4 R.D. [source: Dominic Duran -http://web.archive.org/web/20030703011628/http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/shooting/0421bda04.shtml]

Guns! Boy, I loved playing "guns" as a kid. It is one of the few things I miss from childhood today. Living in a rural town in Michigan for three years, I played a lot in a forest. My brother, two friends and I would always be running around shooting imaginary bad-guys. The woods behind my house were vast, empty, and old. It smelled of a musty tree or maybe of pine trees most of the time in there. Those woods left so many memories in the mind it's amazing. Such as how scary they looked during hard rain storms or how dark they were at night. I was even afraid to go into the woods during night time, for fear of the unknown. For the most part, however, my memories are fond ones. My brother, Sonia, and I had countless missions in those woods, hunting for enemy troops and stopping invasions. We would set up little tree fort made of loose sticks and branches, and use them for our bases and camps. Fire! I would scream, as we all made as many fast gun sounds as we could, waving our deadly plastic toys around. Almost every time we had a firefight, we would pretend one of us would be injured. We always would carry little bandages and tape with us to dress the wound. Luckily, the bullet would always go right through so we wouldn't need to perform surgery. Sonia, being her crazy self, would run right into the battle screaming and firing at all the bad guys, as we gave cover fire. It seemed to vivid, our fighting, and so real. Now that I have actually fired weapons I realize how unrealistic we were, but hey, we were just kids!

"Where's the air support?!" my brother screams, as I reload my M16. "Hell if I know!!" I retort. "We got more incoming APCs on our 6's, set those mines quick!" Sonia hollers. The bad guys were surrounding us, but we had plenty of ammo to last us for hours. I toss a few stick grenades into the trees ahead, and duck as they go off killing the wave of enemy troops. Kevin was setting the mines for those trucks and Sonia was launching rockets at the platoon on our left. Grenade! I scream as I see a stick fall in our base. Sonia and I jump out over the tree trunks as the grenade destroys our base.

"We got to move, now!" Sonia yells in my ear under all the shooting. We run right past my brother and he joins up in the evacuation. Just then our air support flies by overhead. "There are the gunships!" says my bro., as we dodge tree limbs, bullets, and mortars. We stop at a group of rather large trees and turn and return fire. The air support is dropping napalm on the advancing troops, and launching rockets at the trucks. We pull out a huge machine gun and set it up on a stationary position in a tree. Sonia and Kevin start spraying bullets everywhere as I use hand-to-hand combat on a few bad guys that made it to us. By the time I finish them off with a really strong stick, it's time to go inside and do some homework, and Sonia needs to go out to dinner with her family tonight, too. All in a day's work as a kid, I guess.

One of these days, real soon, I will call up Sonia and see if she still remembers me. And see if those woods, our forts, and our hide-outs are all still there where I left them over seven years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Columbine Documents Transcribed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next