Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'

Go down 
+10
shades
Lizpuff
killintime
sscc
TheSpiral
Juicy Jazzy
bradt93
Kiwik
Love
sororityalpha
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
killintime

killintime

Contribution Points : 65876
Forum Reputation : 0

My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Tomb wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  most people find it strange the I've read those cover to cover. And, of course, Timothy Mcveigh's available material. Of course, I've also read the 11k a few times over the years. Although the government reports are definitely not a thriller novel, there's plenty of juicy tidbits to keep you turning the page. Another source I enjoy reading is trial transcripts lol. I will say this, though, without them, I would still be outraged about poor, pitiful (NOT!) Steven Avery.

No to veer too far off topic, and I certainly don't want to hijack your thread, but one of the most beautiful, heartbreaking articles written about 9/11 is called The Falling Man. It gets me every time.
I've seen The Falling Man as well. I tend to get lost in the 9/11 stuff whenever the anniversary approaches as it helps keep that day fresh in my mind. I never want to forget the feelings we shared as a nation, the shear horror and how we all wandered around like zombies unable to fully comprehend the atrocity committed against us by a group of cowards. It is emotionally draining for me to relive that moment in history and usually end up just staring blankly at my screen, but for me I feel it is important to never forget the innocent and first responders that gave their lives.

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 2:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 9/11 is one of a few tragedies that, to this day, can bring me to my knees. As I get older, the worse it gets. I can never get it out of my mind the terror these people felt, knowing your plane was going to crash or being forced to jump. It's horror of such a magnitude it's hard to wrap your mind around. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who read The Falling Man. That was a powerful article that will stand the test of time for generations to come.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Thank you for the review SA and the pictures!

I have not seen the movie yet but at least they picked actors that resembled Eric and Dylan slightly better than they had in the past.

shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
I have not seen the movie yet but at least they picked actors that resembled Eric and Dylan slightly better than they had in the past.

I love you girl but absolutely not :S They did Eric so bad in this he must be rolling in his grave

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 3:09 pm

shades wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

I love you girl but absolutely not :S They did Eric so bad in this he must be rolling in his grave

LOL thus the "slightly" In the past the actors chosen have been horrible. At least they got Dylan's hair better this time!
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 3:09 pm

Being that I haven't seen the movie, I was digging for compliments I could give it! LOL

sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 3:17 pm

I think it is great that you read those reports so thoroughly.

I also enjoy reading trial transcripts, when available, of cases I am interested in.

Thank you for your message Tomb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 4:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Absolutely! It should be on billboards how awesome and knowledgeable you are! You're awesome! XOXO
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 6:00 pm

You are too nice... thanks again
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 9:42 am

sororityalpha,
I don't know who the girl is in the above picture in this thread posing with Rachel labeled as Alicia Basore but that is not her.

Alicia Basore is Caucasian,this girl is of Asian decent.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 5:41 pm

Here is a picture of Alisha Basore:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
suburbanmessiah

suburbanmessiah

Contribution Points : 67953
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 12:38 am

I just watched it for the first time yesterday. It was good if you're looking for a light comedy.

BWAHAHA @ Eric Harris reading the book covered in swastikas. Was that supposed to be Mein Kampf or something? That was honestly the best part. And, sadly, probably the most accurate.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 5:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Yes, that is indeed Alisha Basore. As you can see, its not the same or correct girl as is labeled as Alisha in the other picture.
I wish I knew the Asian girl's name to be able to give you the correct information but I do not.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

Contribution Points : 66562

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 6:50 am

The actor who played Eric made me cringe. They shouldn't have given him lines that were direct quotes from Eric's journal Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
suburbanmessiah

suburbanmessiah

Contribution Points : 67953
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 7:04 pm

BlackandWhite wrote:
The actor who played Eric made me cringe. They shouldn't have given him lines that were direct quotes from Eric's journal Rolling Eyes

*thumbs up*

Love

Contribution Points : 66891
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 6:14 pm

I can't understand where in the film the scene where Rachel in a white dress? Maybe I missed something?

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 7:52 pm

Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74219

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 4:04 am

I said this in the other thread, but I'll say it again:

This movie was more fair to the two killers than it had to be. The actors did a good job in the roles.

Yes, I'm mostly only seen the parts of the parts of the movie with the killers.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74219

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 4:20 am

Some reviewers say that the two killers are portrayed cartoonishly in the movie, but wasn't "cartoonishly evil" what they were going for in their home movies anyways?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 5:21 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'   My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed' - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My notes after watching 'I'm Not Ashamed'
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next