Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why I think Lanza did what he did

Go down 
+3
FIBAgent
Sabratha
abstractsmigs
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Why I think Lanza did what he did Empty
PostSubject: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 1:01 am

I think he saw children as brainwashed to conform to the laws of society, which he hated. He mentioned children being misguided and brainwashed in many of his forum posts, and mentioned it in his radio talk about Travis the Chimp. He saw children as Travis, things that should not be domesticated that are anyway. He chose an elementary school to try to prove a point. That the next generation of kids were brainwashed and that they were lost causes, no longer worthy of living. At least that's what I think.
Back to top Go down
abstractsmigs

abstractsmigs

Contribution Points : 71223
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 2:24 pm

His sympathies of pedophilia likely lead to him not seeing children as the epitome of innocence. To him, killing children was likely just as relevant, and not worse than, killing any other age group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Ye0.   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:25 pm

abstractsmigs wrote:
His sympathies of pedophilia likely lead to him not seeing children as the epitome of innocence. To him, killing children was likely just as relevant, and not worse than, killing any other age group.  
Another parallel between him and Holden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 10:25 pm

hate99 wrote:
I think he saw children as brainwashed to conform to the laws of society, which he hated. He mentioned children being misguided and brainwashed in many of his forum posts, and mentioned it in his radio talk about Travis the Chimp. He saw children as Travis, things that should not be domesticated that are anyway. He chose an elementary school to try to prove a point. That the next generation of kids were brainwashed and that they were lost causes, no longer worthy of living. At least that's what I think.

I agree that his target was hardly a random choice. He went to Sandy Hook Elementary school at one point and his mom volunteered there many years ago. He clearly saw children and adults as one and the same based on his opinions of pedophilia in general, such as suggesting that children are being repressed and controlled by adults and "society". There are a few facts here that I can gather. He did not just snap, all evidence points to this being a decision that was likely planned at least a few months to a year in advance. Emails that Adam Lanza had sent suggest that he was at one time not at the point to be mentally ready to do such an act of mass killing. At some point though likely around late 2011 or perhaps 2012. He knew and planned on killing himself and deliberately went out of his way to kill his mom as well. Suggesting that he had some very personal anger towards his family, not to mention him cutting off communications with his brother and father in 2010. As for why he not only killed his mother and himself but also the kids is a way to have his final act of defiance against a society that he felt was to blame for his anxiety and discomfort. My conclusion: Anxiety and Suicidal depression building up over many years with it being repressed internally, along with a build up of anger at his family and society ended up making him want to commit suicide and make a statement. He knew that when he died everyone would know about him after. Instead of having a private solo suicide he chose to attract attention with a mass shooting as well. This is a notable thing because Adam Lanza was shy and not someone who wanted attention ever in his life and so for him to end his life so loudly and abruptly seems to point to him wanting to get that relief from his anxiety and depression along with a final statement of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 12:12 pm

hate99 wrote:
I think he saw children as brainwashed to conform to the laws of society, which he hated.

Now that sounds like Eric Harris.

Not saying your interpretation is wrong. Just that Lanza's isolation, mental ilness and delusions should certainly be mentioned as part of the problem.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
FIBAgent
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
FIBAgent

Contribution Points : 67220

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 8:50 pm

My theory:

He read through the old RPG forums and found a post where someone basically said "How could someone kill children? Surprised"

Then the thought dawned on Adam the kind of sick demented legacy he could leave behind.

Couple this with his pedophillic aspects and his saudade and twisted nostalgia for his childhood / sandy hook.

ANOMIC and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
CanIHelpYou

CanIHelpYou

Contribution Points : 42469
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2023 6:20 am

FIBAgent wrote:
My theory:

He read through the old RPG forums and found a post where someone basically said "How could someone kill children? Surprised"

Then the thought dawned on Adam the kind of sick demented legacy he could leave behind.

Couple this with his pedophillic aspects and his saudade and twisted nostalgia for his childhood / sandy hook.
Weirdest take ever Billy

QuestionMark, ANOMIC, unoriginalperson, Kaynhyde, tellecat, crepuscule and Woundfucker like this post

Back to top Go down
mehm

mehm

Contribution Points : 11516

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2023 2:41 pm

Maybe to cope with what he is about to do he saw himself as a hero saving them from nightmares of existence and was actually "freeing" them?

anna444 and crepuscule like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2023 5:09 pm

Last edited by normalface on Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joaingo

Contribution Points : 13991
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2023 7:19 am

im not sure if anyone will understand this but
Elementary school="because for the first time in his life someone was actually willing to listen to him as a person instead of under the label of a child".

I would explain my opinion on the other things like the actual act or why he killed his mother etc but I dont have any motivation

crepuscule likes this post

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Contribution Points : 12739
Forum Reputation : 92

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2023 10:36 am

Adam did it because people suck and he wanted to die. Most mass shootings are just suicides that involve murder. I could write a lot more but I think it’s really as simple as him wanting to die and taking out as many people with him as possible, and what better place to achieve that than at an elementary school.

TheNeuroSurge, Kartoffeln, Ennui, vril, anna444 and Woundfucker like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 11:25 am

he was mentally ill, liked little kiddies and wanted to kill ppl, combine allat you got yourself da sandy hook shooting. but ppl will still say he did it to save kids (cough cough r/mass killers cough cough)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Lanza did what he did   Why I think Lanza did what he did Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I think Lanza did what he did
Page 1 of 1