Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Defending the Bullies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:02 pm

I don't mean to keep bringing this up, but I feel like some of you defend the bullies, it's not right. They were the main reason Eric and Dylan snapped. Why can't anyone have empathy for the 2 boys getting called names and beat up everyday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Well I certainly don't defend bullying.

People that bully others physically, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually, etc pisses me off.

Ever since I was young, I hated to see people getting picked on.

In the case of Eric/Dylan, they did have some issues with bullying or being ostracized but certainly not everyday.

Other people have experienced that as well and became shooters.

Myself, I can personally understand how those things can make someone want to kill in retaliation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Well I certainly don't defend bullying.

People that bully others physically, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually, etc pisses me off.

Ever since I was young, I hated to see people getting picked on.

In the case of Eric/Dylan, they did have some issues with bullying or being ostracized but certainly not everyday.

Other people have experienced that as well and became shooters.

Myself, I can personally understand how those things can make someone want to kill in retaliation.

Sorority, what got me is why didn't the teachers or principal doing anything about? I mean I'm tired of hearing "kids will be kids"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:31 pm

I think the teachers/principal didn't do anything about it because it was status quo.

The atmosphere at Columbine prior to April 20 1999 was considered "normal" by them.

Sad but true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Just to let everyone know, I still don't condone murder. I do wish they would teach self defense classes in school though like maybe for an elective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:57 pm

So, you yourself was victim of bullying and yet you can't empathize with these actual victims? You know, the ones that never did a damn thing to E&D? The ones who barely knew them or not at all. I wish you well sorting through these bully issues that are the crux of your posts.
Back to top Go down
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:12 pm

Tomb wrote:
So, you yourself was victim of bullying and yet you can't empathize with these actual victims?  You know, the ones that never did a damn thing to E&D? The ones who barely knew them or not at all. I wish you well sorting through these bully issues that are the crux of your posts.
I never said I didn't emphasize with the victims, of course what E&D did was wrong. I think you misunderstood my post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:16 pm

I've seen you post this more than once, but what you need to understand is that no one here can answer for the staff at columbine as to why they didn't put a stop to the bullying that went on there. The only people who would have any explanation are the people who were there at the time. All anyone here can do is speculate.

I also hope you realize that just because people here don't have the answers you're looking for doesn't mean they're defending bullies. I haven't read any comments from anyone on this forum defending or supporting the bullies, but I have seen many comments and even threads dedicated to sympathizing with E&D. There are a few people here who have expressed that they are not at all empathetic towards E&D, but they seem to be in the minority. The majority of people here are more interested intrying to figure E&D out as people. It's been established that bullying was Not the only factor that contributed to the shooting, and keep in mind E&D were not exactly innocent when It came to bullying either. I think everyone here tries to look at if from other angles instead of just accepting bullying as the only reason and leaving it at that.  

I apologize if this comment came across as harsh, but it just seems like you keep repeating yourself because you're not getting the answers what you want to hear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:31 pm

I wish their were some of kind device that would erase all your memories from the past, but I know that's not realistic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:51 pm

@bradt93 why are still posting this same subject over and over in new threads? You have several where people have responded. This isn't an exclusive bully forum. We know you've had issues. But so has everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:58 pm

I wish their were some of kind device that would erase all your memories from the past, but I know that's not realistic.
Look man, not to get personal, but everyone deals with some form of trauma in life, some much worse than others. Everyone has bad memories to some extent. You have to learn and grow from it instead of letting it eat you alive and consume you. No good comes from dwelling on bad things that happened over a decade ago. Think about how long ago that was. You're not in that situation anymore and its not gonna help you or anyone else by holding onto it forever and incorporating it into every topic that gets brought up here. And it's not really fair to accuse people here who don't have the answers you're looking for of defending the bullies who picked on the columbine shooters...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:23 pm

@kiwik did I read that right? 10 years ago? @bradt93 we can't help you with your past. I think you should consider a counselor to help you with these problems.
Back to top Go down
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:56 pm

@bradt93 well live in 2007 because that ALWAYS is better than dealing with your issues. An alleged victim who hates children murdered, the ultimate victims of bullying and terror who did not do a damn thing to those you idolize. I have tried to help you and went out of my way as I battled CANCER and you roll your eyes? The cause of your issues are abundantly clear.
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:03 pm

@brad93 I'm not sure I understand what your intentions were when you created this thread. You can look all over this forum and find plenty of comments empathizing with E&D. What you wont find are comments supporting or defending bullies.  If you're referring to comments made by people condemning the shooting I hope you understand that condemning E&D's decision to handle their frustrations in life by committing murder doesn't mean that they support the bullies that contributed to E&D's frustrations. Or if this is in reference to the Evan Todd comments, again defending Evan Todd as victim of the shooting (regardless of the shitty comments he made afterwards) doesn't point to defending bullies.  I'm not sure where you're getting the impression that no one empathizes with E&D or that anyone is defending the douchebags that picked on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:21 pm

I hope Evan Todd is collecting royalties for how much you have maligned him. Several people have explained over and over AD NAUSEUM about the circumstances. And yet, every thread has an Evan Todd reference. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:10 pm

I don't mean to keep bringing this up, but I feel like some of you defend the bullies, it's not right. They were the main reason Eric and Dylan snapped. Why can't anyone have empathy for the 2 boys getting called names and beat up everyday?

you are projecting your personal experiences and emotions into this. Few of us have not been on the bad end of bullying at some point in our lives and even those few that haven't would be against bullying. Who likes, defends or promotes bullying? Few, but none that I've seen in this forum.

Having said that, it's hard to express a lot of empathy for two kids who are documented to have bullied others themselves & committed one of the most heinous mass shootings in the history of the world... upon almost exclusively innocent people.

This isn't a case of two completely innocent victims of bullying retaliating against their tormentors. Even the I wouldn't condone the level of violence.

Despite vast samples of empathy for E&D on this board, one must be realistic in the fact that a persons actions at some point may wash out public opinion on how they arrived at their level of destruction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:47 pm

you are projecting your personal experiences and emotions into this.  Few of us have not been on the bad end of bullying at some point in our lives and even those few that haven't would  be against bullying.  Who likes, defends or promotes bullying?  Few, but none that I've seen in this forum.

Having said that, it's hard to express a lot of empathy for two kids who are documented to have bullied others themselves & committed one of the most heinous mass shootings in the history of the world...  upon almost exclusively innocent people.

This isn't a case of two completely innocent victims of bullying retaliating against their tormentors.  Even the I wouldn't condone the level of violence.

Despite vast samples of empathy for E&D on this board, one must be realistic in the fact that a persons actions at some point may wash out public opinion on how they arrived at their level of destruction.  
Well, they shouldn't of killed innocent people, why wouldn't they take out their tormentors instead? it's unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Tomb wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] well live in 2007 because that ALWAYS is better than dealing with your issues. An alleged victim who hates children murdered, the ultimate victims of bullying and terror who did not do a damn thing to those you idolize. I have tried to help you and went out of my way as I battled CANCER and you roll your eyes? The cause of your issues are abundantly clear.
I told you before I was sorry for you going through cancer. I'm not heartless. I rolled my eyes, because of the topic we are discussing. All I'm saying is their was a reason why those 2 guys snapped when they did and no I don't idolize them for god sake. I'm someone who's very interested in the columbine case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:14 pm

Most of their 'tormentors' graduated in May 1998 - (Some of them are referenced in Eric's Class of '98 Top of the "Should Have Died" List)

However, as we saw, Eric/Dylan still planned to target the entire school afterwards.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Well, they shouldn't of killed innocent people, why wouldn't they take out their tormentors instead? it's unrealistic.

They didn't "just take out their tormentors" b/c bullying was Not the only reason why they shot up their school. In fact most of the people who bullied them graduated the year before the shooting took place.

Their killing was aimless. They had no specific targets because they essentially wanted everyone to die (which is why they planted bombs in the most populated area of the school). They anticipated 500+ deaths, including the deaths of their own friends, which they justified as "collateral damage". Their plan was to kill everyone and If there happened to be any survivors they wanted them to be forever haunted and tormented by the event. There was so much more than Just bullying that drove them to this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Not to get involved in this argument but sometimes it takes a long, long time to get over rage and bitterness from being bullied.I can say that I was well into adulthood before I was able to make any real progress on moving on or letting any of my rage and bitterness go.It was not an easy thing to do. What happened in my case to allow my to start the process of moving on was a combination of life experiences and finding religion.

Maybe Brad just isn't there yet.Sometimes it takes some large event in your life to even make you realize you have a need to start trying to move on.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that makes total sense, and I too know what it's like to struggle with getting over people treating you very negatively. However my issue stems from the question of why create a thread dedicated to accusing members here of defending bullies when nowhere on this forum are there posts from anyone supporting this accusation? All of my posts which have referenced this question haven't been acknowledged by the original poster. There are no examples to back up that anyone here supports bullying, and I'm assuming the op took comments posted in other threads the wrong way to come to this conclusion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:43 am

Not to get involved in this argument but sometimes  it takes a long, long time to get over rage and bitterness from being bullied.I can say that I was well into adulthood before I was able to make any real progress on moving on or letting any of my rage and bitterness go.It was not an easy thing to do. What happened in my case to allow my to start the process of moving on was a combination of life experiences and finding religion.

Maybe Brad just isn't there yet.Sometimes it takes some large event in your life to even make you realize you have a need to start trying to move on.
Trust me, after college, I'm moving out of this state, I want to move to California and start over. I can't run away from problems, but a new surrounding would probably be good for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 am

Tomb wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] well live in 2007 because that ALWAYS is better than dealing with your issues. An alleged victim who hates children murdered, the ultimate victims of bullying and terror who did not do a damn thing to those you idolize. I have tried to help you and went out of my way as I battled CANCER and you roll your eyes? The cause of your issues are abundantly clear.
tomb, my mother just battled breast cancer so I'm so sorry for what you're going through, thank gosh she caught it early. You are in my prayers and thoughts. You're a kind person and I'm sorry I rolled my eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:47 am

@bradt93 Oh no worries. After all, what fun is life without a little death?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:48 am

If Eric and Dylan hypothetically walked up to Rocky who was supposedly the biggest bully ever and shot him dead without shooting anyone else would that make things ok?

If that happened I would still feel for the victim because of the loss of life. Rocky might be a terrible example because I hear that he is still a negative individual even as an adult, but the vast majority of school bullies turn out as regular people. Just as Eric and Dylan could have turned their lives around the bullies could too. I have never seen negative comments from Evan Todd that were not taken from interviews prior to 2004 or so. Do you think he is still a bitter negative individual? Maybe. But maybe not.

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:52 am

What if Hitler was bullied incessantly as a child? Does that excuse the worst mass murders in the history of modern times? Funnily enough, those he brutally treated and ultimately murdered were innocent victims. Kind of like...all the victims who were innocent in Columbine. And most other school shootings and this new wave of mass murder.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:22 am

Tomb wrote:
What if Hitler was bullied incessantly as a child? Does that excuse the worst mass murders in the history of modern times? Funnily enough, those he brutally treated and ultimately murdered were innocent victims. Kind of like...all the victims who were innocent in Columbine. And most other school shootings and this new wave of mass murder.

I share that thought.. abusers of many types were abused at a young age and morph into abusers themselves. Taking this to another level.. Eric's psych profile is frighteningly similar to a young Adolph Hitler.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Defending the Bullies?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] we're not defending any bullies. It may seem so because Eric and Dylan ended up committing mass homicide which made them even more despicable than what any bully had done.
You might ask so why didn't they take out the people who were horrid to them but innocent people? Because then their message would be spread louder. They wanted to cause collateral damage. They wanted to take the WHOLE school, the WORLD with them, their friends even if they did. They weren't gonna go out like "losers" taking their own lives.

Defending the Bullies?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next