Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?

Go down 
+4
Lizpuff
Scarletmoon
Jenn
_CannibaLCorpsE_
8 posters
AuthorMessage
_CannibaLCorpsE_

_CannibaLCorpsE_

Contribution Points : 65483
Forum Reputation : 0

Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Empty
PostSubject: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 11:30 pm

I never really watched the whole Hitman For Hire video, a few days ago I did though. What really caught my eye was a take near the end, it was just like Eric and Dylan's where they were intimidating the bully, but the person's face was blurred. I'm really interested in who that was, does anybody know?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 11:47 pm

I'm pretty sure that is Chris Morris. And by the looks of it, he's wearing that Kenny shirt he always had on.

Back to top Go down
_CannibaLCorpsE_

_CannibaLCorpsE_

Contribution Points : 65483

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 11:55 pm

Jenn wrote:
I'm pretty sure that is Chris Morris. And by the looks of it, he's wearing that Kenny shirt he always had on.

lol. Thank you.

Scarletmoon

Contribution Points : 67054
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 12:27 pm

I've always wondered, when Eric showed this video in class, was that last part in there? It seems like its just extra that they filmed after, Chris is even talking about something having nothing to do with that at the very end.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 12:53 pm

Scarletmoon wrote:
I've always wondered, when Eric showed this video in class, was that last part in there? It seems like its just extra that they filmed after, Chris is even talking about something having nothing to do with that at the very end.

I think this moreso happened because the films have been edited and cut prior to releasing to the public. We are not seeing the whole thing

Scarletmoon

Scarletmoon

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that's what I thought but I wasn't too sure. There is a lot that wasn't released to the public, that we will never see.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68826
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Thing is we have never seen Hitmen for Hire or Radioactive clothes. As far as I know, they added those old camera captions, and  those fade in effects, music and some effects (an explosion was added in Radioactive Clothing). What we have is just the unedited raw footage and out takes. I think even in the final version gun shot sounds were probably added in and it was all set up like a real movie. I don't know if we will ever see the actual final video, if they are out there somewhere. I read there is even a scene where Eric beats up a dummy with a baseball bat or something? I am sure someone has a source for that and the explosion I was talking about.

Dylan and especially Eric loved editing stuff and they were very much into technology, Dylan was a sound engineer, and Eric made tons of music videos. For that time with one of those old camcorders you could put in a lot of effects. I don't believe for a minute that they just handed in that raw material. But it is a shame because most people who see that video think it is just a mess and that Eric and Dylan were untalented, but they aren't even seeing the final result. Even if they were not good in front of the camera, perhaps they made up with it behind the camera.
Back to top Go down
Scarletmoon

Scarletmoon

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 6:00 pm

You make a good point [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I don't know where my logic was when I was wondering if that's what they showed the class...of course its not! Why would they show something that has bloopers and so on.
Back to top Go down
froggy

froggy

Contribution Points : 67900
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 8:28 am

Chris Morris's part of the video never fails to make me laugh. Also, for some reason, I really like his voice.

You're right, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - I definitely think there were final versions of their films with effects and all kinds of craziness. It's frustrating that people think this was all they put into it.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68826
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 6:34 pm

There is a short clip of somebody with a blurred out face pretending to hit the cameraman with a baseball bat.
On the right of the screen is a pair of legs, it could be a dummy or a person.
I am not sure if this is that scene that Veik mentions and I am not sure who the person is.

"In this video (Highway Patrol) they find Eric Harris and *Eric Veik* beating up a person (dummy). They then pick up the “person” and throw him in the trunk of Eric Harris car. The two are then chased by the “police officers” to Clement Park where they stopped and arrested."

There is also a short scene of somebody lighting sparklers to a toy house with two lego figures in the front.
My theory that this was a practical effects test by Eric for the house exploding at the end of Radioactive Clothing, after they set the bomb.
I think this because there is two lego figures in the front, standing in the same position as Eric and Dylan, in the same colored shirts.
I guess it looked too silly, so Eric went with those 'digital' effects that Veik mentioned.

"The movie ends with a very large explosion from a house. This part of the video was created by using editing technology." - Erik Veik, source: DylanKlebold.net
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Eric Veik's statements about the videos can be found on pages 010908-010935.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Page 010911: In this video they find Veik and Harris beating up a person (dummy). Veik and Harris then pick up the "person" and throw him in the trunk of Harris' car.

This is that part here from CHS Highway Patrol:

Higher resolution here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Here is the part from the end of Hitmen for Hire:

Higher resolution here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
froggy

froggy

Contribution Points : 67900
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 4:20 pm

spidEr wrote:

There is also a short scene of somebody lighting sparklers to a toy house with two lego figures in the front.
My theory that this was a practical effects test by Eric for the house exploding at the end of Radioactive Clothing, after they set the bomb.
I think this because there is two lego figures in the front, standing in the same position as Eric and Dylan, in the same colored shirts.
I guess it looked too silly, so Eric went with those 'digital' effects that Veik mentioned.

"The movie ends with a very large explosion from a house. This part of the video was created by using editing technology." - Erik Veik, source: DylanKlebold.net

That makes a lot of sense! Thanks for this post, I probably wouldn't have given it another thought otherwise. Also, I like the little Lego men. Laughing
Back to top Go down
thenight_watchman

thenight_watchman

Contribution Points : 64522

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 2:26 pm

spidEr wrote:
Thing is we have never seen Hitmen for Hire or Radioactive clothes. As far as I know, they added those old camera captions, and  those fade in effects, music and some effects (an explosion was added in Radioactive Clothing). What we have is just the unedited raw footage and out takes. I think even in the final version gun shot sounds were probably added in and it was all set up like a real movie. I don't know if we will ever see the actual final video, if they are out there somewhere. I read there is even a scene where Eric beats up a dummy with a baseball bat or something? I am sure someone has a source for that and the explosion I was talking about.

Dylan and especially Eric loved editing stuff and they were very much into technology, Dylan was a sound engineer, and Eric made tons of music videos. For that time with one of those old camcorders you could put in a lot of effects. I don't believe for a minute that they just handed in that raw material. But it is a shame because most people who see that video think it is just a mess and that Eric and Dylan were untalented, but they aren't even seeing the final result. Even if they were not good in front of the camera, perhaps they made up with it behind the camera.

I've never actually thought of that, you have a great point!

PostSubject: Re: Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?   Person with beret in Hitman for Hire? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Person with beret in Hitman for Hire?
Page 1 of 1