Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Interviewing Eric's childhood friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cypressdustwitch

PostSubject: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:56 pm

I have the opportunity to interview a childhood friend of Eric's. This is the same guy who sent the new elementary school picture. I figured I would make a post here about it and see if anyone had any questions they'd like me to include in the interview. I have a lot of questions myself, but I'm sure you guys have some good ones too!
Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Did his friend ever spend much time at Eric's house or around his family? What was his home like life? Eric's dad was in the military. How did he interact with Eric? Was he very strict? I have a string of questions along those lines, as I'm sure you do as well. Please let us know how it goes.

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:02 pm

One more. Did Eric ever mention what he wanted to be, or do, when he grew up?

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:49 pm

I want to know if they were surprised that their childhood friend was capable of shooting a school up and what his relationship was like with his parents. Also, what was Eric like as a kid? Was he mean?
Back to top Go down
YouDontSeeMe

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:17 pm

Yes, I too would be interested in hearing more about Eric's relationship with his family. Dylan's family, or Mother more so, has been so much more forthcoming than the Harris'. Would like to know more of the background in that aspect. Also, if Eric ever spoke about wanting to do anything violent, or said anything weird along those lines.

I'm out the door again...
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:31 pm

Childhood friend from where?

And did this person keep in touch with Eric for years later?

How well did this person really know Eric?

Once those questions are answered, I will have more questions.
Back to top Go down
ColumbineIsInterestingAF

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:52 pm

I bet he's going to say that Eric was nothing like what he become and would have never expected it. Pretty much everyone (with a few exceptions) who grew up to be fucked up and commit violent acts were not like that as little kids. I haven't heard of many 7 years old shooting up there schools. Youngest I ever heard was an 11 and 14 year old.

Last edited by ColumbineIsInterestingAF on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:02 am

Actually,

On February 29, 2000, 6 year old Dedrick Owens found a .32 caliber handgun in his uncle's home. During a class changing period, in the presence of a teacher and 22 students, Owens shot classmate Kayla Rolland. At 6 years old, Rolland is believed to be the youngest school shooting victim in U.S. history.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sscc
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I bet he's going to say that Eric was nothing like what he become and would have never expected it. Pretty much everyone (with a who exceptions) who grew up to be fucked up and commit violent acts were not like that as little kids. I haven't heard of many 7 years old shooting up there schools. Youngest I ever heard was an 11 and 14 year old.
This video includes an interview with some of Eric's childhood friends from Plattsburgh and they basically say what you expected. This segment starts about 5 minutes into the clip.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:38 am

I have the opportunity to interview a childhood friend of Eric's. This is the same guy who sent the new elementary school picture. I figured I would make a post here about it and see if anyone had any questions they'd like me to include in the interview. I have a lot of questions myself, but I'm sure you guys have some good ones too!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The new yearbook picture of Eric was from Grade 5 @ River Road Elementary School, as far as I remember.

That was in 1992. So, is that when this person knew Eric?
Back to top Go down
ColumbineIsInterestingAF

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:46 am

[quote="sororityalpha"]Actually,

On February 29, 2000, 6 year old Dedrick Owens found a .32 caliber handgun in his uncle's home. During a class changing period, in the presence of a teacher and 22 students, Owens shot classmate Kayla Rolland. At 6 years old, Rolland is believed to be the
I clearly said with a few exceptions so no, there is no "actually". And if you're going to say it's because of what I said about the 7 and 11 and 14 year old thing I clearly said "I have never heard of so and so" meaning me personally, I didn't claim that it's never happened. I've noticed others have also gotten annoyed by the way you speak to them. Watch how you say stuff because you are rubbing me and others the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:02 am

I have never posted offensive material to anybody on this forum.

There is no offence given from my side.

How someone interpret things is on him/her not me.

Have a good day...
Back to top Go down
ColumbineIsInterestingAF

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:08 am

I have never posted offensive material to anybody on this forum.

There is no offence given from my side.

How someone interpret things is on him/her not me.

Have a good day...
You acted as though you were correcting me when meanwhile it was a result of your own failing of reading what I said correctly. Also, columbine video archives guy specially told you he felt as though you disrespected him and to speak with more respect, so yeah, this is not something only I think.
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:13 am

Could you ask him if Eric was a good person and what happened to him once he moved was a scenario of something snapping and giving up. Also what does he smell like.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:16 am

you are referring to this? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where I simply stated that what he described happening in the 911 call didn't happen(Cassie's death).

So, again [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] don't feel like I am attacking you because I am not.

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:19 am

Also what does he smell like.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], you are too funny Shocked
Back to top Go down
ColumbineIsInterestingAF

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:30 am

He also stated that every thread you were in you were disrespectful
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:33 am

How come you're speaking for him? I for one don't think Sorority is being disrespectful at all. I think he's just making sure information and source is legit. I see no problem with correcting what is posted. He's been around for a long time and he's good help when you're trying to find stuff relating to the case.

That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
sscc
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:34 am

Actually, he's not.

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:46 am

Hey dumbass, go check out the thread and see for yourself that he clearly says it in reply to her.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:10 am

Hey dumbass, go check out the thread and see for yourself that he clearly  says it in reply to her.

Newbie, you won't last around here treating other users like that.

There is no need for you to derail this thread with abusive name calling.

Please discontinue  clogging up this thread with your remarks.

Why don't you start a new topic where you can rant and rave about things?

Just thought you should be forewarned  that as a new user maybe you are not aware but calling others dumbass etc isn't allowed here.

If I am not right, just ask some of the mods or Administrator and I am sure they will let you know as well.

Have a good day...
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:22 am

What is going on with you people lately? All this arguing in the threads and insulting people needs to stop. First of all, no name calling or personal insults towards other forum members is like the first rule on this forum. This isn't the Columbine Tag on Tumblr or YouTube. Calling other people names will get you thrown off of here. There's no reason for it.

Second of all, I don't know how many times I've said this on the forum - the reason there are moderators on this forum is to take care of situations like this. We don't need forum members acting as moderators and telling other members what they should or shouldn't be doing. So for the last time, staff members ONLY are to be moderating the forum. If you have a problem with something someone is doing contact me or one of the moderators and we will take care of it.

And finally, the creator of this thread is looking for questions (SERIOUS QUESTIONS) for an interview they are having with one of Eric's old friends. So do you think we can stop all this bickering and get back on the topic of coming up with some questions?

Thank you.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:59 am

I would like to know if Eric ever showed any anger or said anything NBK like when he was young.

Did he have many friends? Did he have any enemies?

runreilly

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:15 am

Also what does he smell like.

Lol, Shades you're such a creeper.
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:16 am

Damn you all be taking what I asked seriously huh.

That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:24 am

Damn you all be taking what I asked seriously huh.

hey it is a legit question! How else are we supposed to know what soap and deodorant he used??!! lol!

runreilly

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:35 am

Children change drastically as they grow up, so I think we'll have to take everything with a grain of salt.

I think some good questions would be about his temper and his family life. We know about some of Dylan's unusual and over-the-top childhood outbursts. Does he remember Eric throwing any of these? Was there anything unusual about his temper, ability to handle defeat, willingness to share, etc.?

Questions about his family life might be insightful. Could he describe Eric's older brother a bit and maybe shed some light on their relationship? Did Eric or his brother bully or engage in bullying others?

Any odd fascinations? Any personality quirks? How did he respond to animals/pets?

It might be a good idea to leave some room for an open ended question such as, "Take a couple of minutes to describe what you remember about Eric. Is there anything you know or experienced that you'd like to mention?"
Back to top Go down
runreilly

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:38 am

And of course, what did he smell like? Did you ever get the chance to smell his older brother?
Back to top Go down
cypressdustwitch

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:45 am

Thank you all for the input, and keep the questions coming if you have any that haven't already been asked on here!  Very Happy  I've spoken with this man once before about Eric, when he told me the little league story. He also told me that he spent the night at the Harris household a few times, but I never got to go any more in depth as it was a hanging out type of situation and we were actually in the middle of a card game when we got on the subject of him knowing Eric.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this man went to River Road with Eric. From the info he gave me from our first discussion, it sounds like they were pretty good friends when they went to school together, good enough friends to have overnights and such. I'm hesitant to provide TOO much information about his friend as he really wants to remain anonymous.

I'm hoping to have this interview completed within the next couple of weeks. I will be posting it on here first, as well as tumblr. It hasn't been determined yet whether the interview will be via email or audio recording in person. I'll keep you guys posted!

I am so excited about this opportunity! We've had a fair amount of new information about Dylan over the years, and hardly anything about Eric, so the fact that I've been able to contribute ANYTHING new at all feels really good. I hope I can continue to provide everyone with insight into Eric's early years.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing Eric's childhood friend   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:59 am

Just a quick question from me if you get chance. Were Eric and Kevin treated equally by their parents or did they seem to give one preferential treatment over the other?
Back to top Go down

Interviewing Eric's childhood friend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next