Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric's parents?

Go down 
+4
Lizpuff
TheSpiral
Draw_It_White
bradt93
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93

Contribution Points : 89206
Forum Reputation : 255

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Do we really know anything about Wayne and Kathy? Did they love Eric? At least Sue Klebold said in her interview that she still loved Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 5:04 pm

I don't blame them for keeping quiet myself. Most in the media and people at home had put some of the blame on the parents without knowing anything about the case.

I think Sue left it a bit too late for speaking out about Dylan as well.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 5:17 pm

Of course the do, nothing can take away parental love, no matter how horrible the act.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 89206
Forum Reputation : 255

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 6:40 pm

Why would Wayne bring his son to Colorado when he liked his school in Michigan? It seems to me that made him seem like an uncaring father.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 am

bradt93 wrote:
Why would Wayne bring his son to Colorado when he liked his school in Michigan? It seems to me that made him seem like an uncaring father.

Eric was young at the time. How was Wayne to know that the move would affect his son in such a way? Parents make decisions they think will have a positive impact on their kids. Colorado is a great state. Generally speaking the schools, medical care, scenery, wildlife etc are all great. I think both the Harris parents thought that the move would be a good one for their kids. They were thinking of them. Eric in the past had adjusted seemingly just fine. He was in NY and MI both in school. And he transitioned ok. Again hindsight is 2020. I think if the Harrises could rewind time and go back to when he was alive they would make changes. But of course that is impossible.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 74235
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 11:47 pm

People that work for the military move around a lot and it sucks because it's unfair for the kids. Maybe people should wait until they're out of service to have kids?
Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat

Contribution Points : 64798

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 8:34 am

As for the move to Colorado, it is my understanding that Wayne and Cathy were both raised there. After Wayne retired frim the Airforce, they were returning home, to their roots, to their families.
Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat

Contribution Points : 64798

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 1:03 am

Any luck with the interview?
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74219

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 7:18 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Do we really know anything about Wayne and Kathy? Did they love Eric? At least Sue Klebold said in her interview that she still loved Dylan.

I think the most we'll ever get is this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And considering that the pipe bombs were made in the Harris' garage, and most of the weapons were hidden in that house, they don't have an easy out like Sue Klebold might have.

Also, Wayne Harris kept a journal about Eric, so that's something you can know about the situation.

Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74219

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 7:22 pm

There are also the depositions, but those aren't going to be public until 2027.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Wayne Harris Notes Feb 28-Apr 27 1997 & Jan 29-Apr 21 1998:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eric's parents? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents?   Eric's parents? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric's parents?
Page 1 of 1