Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Eric's prom date situation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:40 am

Well, I was pretty well liked. I played football, but I always was nice to everyone. Maybe other football players should take notice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I didn't go to my high school prom. Mostly because 90% of the people hated me and I didn't want to spend huge amounts of money just to see them.
To be honest I do regret not going but it's okay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree with you, it's not life or death if you do or don't attend prom.

A trip to any of the continents around the world for senior year would be bomb.
I remember for our senior year, we had a trip to some kind of tropical beach I don't remember the name but I didn't go because it consisted of people who I didn't get along with but it looked fun.
Ahh, snob problems huh? lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:59 am

It's quite interesting how differently we perceive ourselves vs. how others see us.

This is true no matter how young or old we are, hehe.

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:18 am

So Eric's mom was in FL when the shooting occurred? Never knew that. I wonder if she flew home immediately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:33 am

I'm going to tell a secret here about myself, the bullying got so bad for me in middle school 16 years ago, I went to a psychiatric hospital. I stayed about a week and when I got out, I felt great. I then decided to get out of that school atmosphere and go to a private H.S. If I stayed there, I probably wouldn't be here today. It literally saved my life. Now I hope you all see why I'm so passionate about the bullying issue and I don't mean to keep repeating it either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:49 am

So Eric's mom was in FL when the shooting occurred? Never knew that. I wonder if she flew home immediately.
No. She couldn't have been in Florida. She was there at the house when they searched it and was telling the police she didn't want them going in Eric's room. A flight from Florida to Colorado would probably take 4 hours. The cops showed up at the Harris' house not long after the shooting started.

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:51 am

No. She couldn't have been in Florida. She was there at the house when they searched it and was telling the police she didn't want them going in Eric's room. A flight from Florida to Colorado would probably take 4 hours. The cops showed up at the Harris' house not long after the shooting started.

Thats what I thought. I guess her trip was planned sometime after the 20th then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:01 pm

I didn't go to my high school prom. Mostly because 90% of the people hated me and I didn't want to spend huge amounts of money just to see them.
To be honest I do regret not going but it's okay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree with you, it's not life or death if you do or don't attend prom.

A trip to any of the continents around the world for senior year would be bomb.
I remember for our senior year, we had a trip to some kind of tropical beach I don't remember the name but I didn't go because it consisted of people who I didn't get along with but it looked fun.
Ahh, snob problems huh? lol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you could say that, also they were bullies but the issue was that it was very subtle. I think now that there is more awareness people are cautious of how they act but it hasn't prevented them from bullying other people subtly.
People would think what they were doing was normal and just for kicks. I'm the crazy one for thinking that way but it's not like they liked me or wanted me to hang out with them. They made that clear.

Oh boy, I remember the one time this guy came up to me in from of everybody to see and handed me a condom saying that I would need it. Then everyone gathered around started taking his side and saying stupid shit. I was just laughing and playing around but deep down I was embarrassed and ashamed but at least I never took it from him and left everyone dissapointed.

bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:59 pm

I'll give an example of what happened to me in H.S. This girl said I was cute and she wanted me to go to lunch with her and her friends, but she said I couldn't ride with her, because b/f wouldn't like it. I didn't even ask her if she thought I was cute, she just said it. Now, here's my question if she has a b/f already, why would she say that? I don't take it as just being nice, because I didn't ask her what she thought of my looks. So, when she said I couldn't ride with her in her car to lunch, I drove my car to a separate restaurant, because I was pissed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:11 pm

I'll give an example of what happened to me in H.S. This girl said I was cute and she wanted me to go to lunch with her and her friends, but she said I couldn't ride with her, because b/f wouldn't like it. I didn't even ask her if she thought I was cute, she just said it. Now, here's my question if she has a b/f already, why would she say that? I don't take it as just being nice, because I didn't ask her what she thought of my looks. So, when she said I couldn't ride with her in her car to lunch, I drove my car to a separate restaurant, because I was pissed.

Well you did the right thing, she already had a boyfriend. I mean if she had just said to hang out with you guys then it wouldn't be that bad.

I tried to get into ever clique/group in my grade and all I got was inside jokes, whispers and secrets that I had no idea about since I was new to the area. Plus it seemed like they didn't really want me to be there since they ignored me hard so I became a lone ranger.

bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:39 pm

She was so beautiful though and nice Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:43 pm

She's a fool and she's taking the piss out of you. Shouldn't have bothered inviting you out at all.

Do me a favor? Could you forget about it? It's long done and in the past.

bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Well, that was way back in H.S. I'm glad she did compliment on my looks though, I have a low self esteem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Their is no harm in contacting her on facebook right? I think she's single now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Rolling Eyes

Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Their is no harm in contacting her on facebook right? I think she's single now.

Well it's up to you man, if you haven't talked to her in ages then it's probably best not to be quick about it since she'll think it's creepy.
Be careful though, it was high school back then now you're all grown up and she may or may not have those same feelings for you as she did back then.

bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:20 pm

Well, I think she has a kid and I'm not ready to be a stepfather and I will not help raise it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:23 pm

I'm in college, I love my independence. I don't hate kids, but I don't want to help raise someone elses. I'm talking about if we ever got serious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Eric was aiming too high [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by W.A.R. on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Oh well, it was their loss. He could've been a great boyfriend or husband.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:49 pm

Thats what I thought. I guess her trip was planned sometime after the 20th then.

She had hair/waxing apointments on 4/17 in preparation for a girls vacation to Florida. On 4/20, the hairdresser states she called Kathy's house, and when there was no answer, the hairdresser assumed Kathy was in Florida. I think that is where this question is coming from.

Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:54 pm

If body language proves anything, Robyn had feelings for Dylan. If you look at the Prom Pics, or the 'relaxed' official senior picture, you can see that. Robyn really liked Dylan. Chemistry is an odd thing, though. If he didn't return her feelings, it was what it was.

she liked him but she liked everybody else too.

You are not wrong though. One of the reasons for it is that she was willing to buy guns for him and Eric. Probably to impress him and not let him down. If anything Dylan used Robyn cause he knew she would do anything for him.

So Robyn was, to put it politely, 'boy crazy'?

dahlia_rose

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 pm

what do you mean by under developed? he seems pretty average to me. is it because he wasn't a muscular guy? i agree with everyting else said here though. he wasn't popular, went for girls out of his league, who on top of that even had boyfriends. and it certainly didn't help that he came on too strong and couldn't handle rejection that well. he would be way more successful if he had better social skills.  

Well, I hate high school teens, they are so fickle and picky.
true, most kids that age are assholes, but fortunately most of us grow up and mature at least to some degree. i too felt like i dont belong in hs, i felt just completely worthless and painfully shy. i had 3 friends, never felt like i'm good enough or smart enough to even talk to people. well, few years ago we had a reunion and some of my classmates who were popular, expressed how they thought i was kinda stuck up as if i deemed myself too cool, because i  didn't wanna talk to them or hang out. it's quite interesting how differently we perceive ourselves vs. how others see us. especially at that awkward age.

You know, that's exactly what people who knew me in high school said! It's funny how some extroverted people will interpret introverted behavior. I was told that people thought I acted like I was too cool for everyone, or that I didn't like anyone at all. Yet others thought I suffered a family tragedy and didn't want to talk to anyone about it. Still others thought I was mysterious and were too intimidated by my long bouts of silence to talk to me.

The truth was just plain embarrassing: my social skills were abysmal and my interests were either marginal, outdated or completely esoteric. I could only connect to other people through similar music tastes or morbid and philosophical subjects. Of course, overhearing my conversations that were few and far between to begin with must've been pretty offputting for some students and I only realize that now... when I remember that I made a new friend once by discussing our experiences with the supernatural and 80s/90s horror movies. Everyone else was decking out their MySpace page, hanging out in the park or just having lives and I was... sequestered in my room listening to A Perfect Circle and reading a bunch of weeby manga. I didn't treat people like they actually existed and I kinda regret that. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 am

I wouldn't call her boy crazy more like easily smitten by guys, needy.

Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:26 am

I wouldn't call her boy crazy more like easily smitten by guys, needy.

Did you know her personally?

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:43 am

Did you know her personally?
Of course not. Why? Do I seem so sure of what I'm saying?
Just refer to her letters, the testimonies, the things we know she had done with Dylan and the relationship she had with their friends.
She liked Chris, but he wasn't around, and if she was into Dylan too then it kinda proves my point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:51 am

She had hair/waxing apointments on 4/17 in preparation for a girls vacation to Florida. On 4/20, the hairdresser states she called Kathy's house, and when there was no answer, the hairdresser assumed Kathy was in Florida. I think that is where this question is coming from.
That's weird that the hairdresser called her house. She didn't know when the trip was but knew her well enough to call her house to see what was going on?

Fatheroftwo
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:46 pm

what do you mean by under developed? he seems pretty average to me. is it because he wasn't a muscular guy? i agree with everyting else said here though. he wasn't popular, went for girls out of his league, who on top of that even had boyfriends. and it certainly didn't help that he came on too strong and couldn't handle rejection that well. he would be way more successful if he had better social skills.  

late bloomer.. but yes, I was referring to physicality.

It's a brutal age for kids, they are growing physically and emotionally. Guys like E and D don't stand much of a chance at that age.. even Dylan being 6'4" was awkward and very skinny. Other guys, in particular the jocks, were early bloomers and literally fully grown/past puberty and more appealing by HS standards. E and D'S best days were ahead of them and unfortunately not to be seen.

Just this morning I picked up my sons buddy from high school at the airport so they could go skiing for spring break. They were both "under developed" into their junior/senior years in HS. They both played multiple sports in HS and were in the alleged "cool crowd", but not who all the girls were chasing. Fast forward a mere 18 mos and they are FR in college @ 6'1 & 6'2 and have gained 30+ lbs.

As adults we now realize how trivial all of this is, but to the HS kids they are all wrapped in the "now". Anybody hit their 10 or 20 year HS reunion yet? I remember a lot of "who is that.. did she really graduate with us or is that someones date?" in relation to some beautiful woman whom nobody even recognized when she was a girl walking the halls. Heck, the most attractive girl in my school was dating professional athletes our senior year.. she was 200 lbs of raging bitch at the 10 year reunion.

By year 20 reunion it was pretty clear the guys that were considered "most attractive" were the guys with the most success and personality.. whose kidding who, it was 90% based on success. Some of those were kids who were in the "in crowd", but the numbers changed dramatically.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:55 pm

late bloomer..  but yes, I was referring to physicality.

It's a brutal age for kids, they are growing physically and emotionally.  Guys like E and D don't stand much of a chance at that age..  even Dylan being 6'4" was awkward and very skinny.  Other guys, in particular the jocks, were early bloomers and literally fully grown/past puberty and more appealing by HS standards.  E and D'S best days were ahead of them and unfortunately not to be seen.

Just this morning I picked up my sons buddy from high school at the airport so they could go skiing for spring break.  They were both "under developed" into their junior/senior years in HS.  They both played multiple sports in HS and were in the alleged "cool crowd", but not who all the girls were chasing.  Fast forward a mere 18 mos and they are FR in college @ 6'1 & 6'2 and have gained 30+ lbs.

As adults we now realize how trivial all of this is, but to the HS kids they are all wrapped in the "now".  Anybody hit their 10 or 20 year HS reunion yet?  I remember a lot of "who is that..  did she really graduate with us or is that someones date?" in relation to some beautiful woman whom nobody even recognized when she was a girl walking the halls.  Heck, the most attractive girl in my school was dating professional athletes our senior year..  she was 200 lbs of raging bitch at the 10 year reunion.

By year 20 reunion it was pretty clear the guys that were considered "most attractive" were the guys with the most success and personality..  whose kidding who, it was 90% based on success.  Some of those were kids who were in the "in crowd", but the numbers changed dramatically.

My ten year reunion was last year. I didn't go but got invited to the facebook group and got a ton of requests for friends by them. One guy in particular raging Jock asshole who was absolutely gorgeous in highschool is now bald and odd looking. So looks are for sure not forever!

View user profile
Fatheroftwo
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:12 pm

late bloomer..  but yes, I was referring to physicality.

It's a brutal age for kids, they are growing physically and emotionally.  Guys like E and D don't stand much of a chance at that age..  even Dylan being 6'4" was awkward and very skinny.  Other guys, in particular the jocks, were early bloomers and literally fully grown/past puberty and more appealing by HS standards.  E and D'S best days were ahead of them and unfortunately not to be seen.

Just this morning I picked up my sons buddy from high school at the airport so they could go skiing for spring break.  They were both "under developed" into their junior/senior years in HS.  They both played multiple sports in HS and were in the alleged "cool crowd", but not who all the girls were chasing.  Fast forward a mere 18 mos and they are FR in college @ 6'1 & 6'2 and have gained 30+ lbs.

As adults we now realize how trivial all of this is, but to the HS kids they are all wrapped in the "now".  Anybody hit their 10 or 20 year HS reunion yet?  I remember a lot of "who is that..  did she really graduate with us or is that someones date?" in relation to some beautiful woman whom nobody even recognized when she was a girl walking the halls.  Heck, the most attractive girl in my school was dating professional athletes our senior year..  she was 200 lbs of raging bitch at the 10 year reunion.

By year 20 reunion it was pretty clear the guys that were considered "most attractive" were the guys with the most success and personality..  whose kidding who, it was 90% based on success.  Some of those were kids who were in the "in crowd", but the numbers changed dramatically.

My ten year reunion was last year.  I didn't go but got invited to the facebook group and got a ton of requests for friends by them.  One guy in particular raging Jock asshole who was absolutely gorgeous in high school is now bald and odd looking.  So looks are for sure not forever!

I'm the "bald" reference! They actually gave me an award.. all good tho, still holding court despite the "follicly challenged" status:p

I referenced earlier our beauty queen being a bitchy 200lbs, we had a guy I never even met or was aware of that's worth >$500,000,000. You could tell he was nerdy as all get out, very cool guy from what i could tell but he was laughing about his new status vs years ago.

Couple other fun ones.. friend graduated with John Mayer. Said friend is a dork level 5, just happens to be a professional athlete worth millions. Needless to say he & Mayer were a little more popular at the reunion vs high school days.

My favorite is an old intern of mine. Persona non grata in HS. Valedictorian in high school and graduated at 16. Muslim raised, never left the house with exception of school, family etc.. zero friends much less dates. Separated from her family to "have a life", paid her way thru school, dropped bad weight and took on typical american ways, makeup and clothes etc.. She's in LA now with a great IT related job in Hollywood and is contracted thru Ford Modeling... national model for one large company and the resume of tv, movie and bill board modeling is impressive. I've seen her teenage pics.. I had to be convinced it was the same person.

High school is BS, I somewhat reluctantly was on the "right side" of the deal and quite honestly had no respect for half of the circle we were in.

Sadly E & H never had the chance to realize the game changes later in life or most importantly when we decide to change it for ourselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eric's prom date situation?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next