Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Eric and Dylan burial sites?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:35 am

Fatheroftwo wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Thank you for your responses.It's sort of strange for me to think that E &D's ashes are no longer with their families and if they have been scattered no longer even exist as the elements would soon erode them away. I don't know that I could ever let my child's ashes go in such a circumstance but I can't blame anybody for doing what they thought was right for them.If the ashes have been scattered maybe E&D's parents came to believe that's what E &D would have wanted or maybe it became to agonizing to even have the ashes in the house anymore.If they did scatter the ashes, I do hope it brought the families a small amount of comfort and peace.
You never truly know though...they could've spread most of the ashes but held onto a portion of it in their possession somewhere...I mean, that's what I would do. Because once you spread the ashes, they're gonna eventually become nothing, as you said.

so you are saying we just doubled our odds of locating Dylan's "resting place"?Smile
Totally. Cool

ThePsychologyofPhobos

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:30 pm

Most of Eric's brain matter was collected from the crime scene and turned over to the forensic pathologist as evidence. It was properly labeled and then frozen to be kept for a year, after that year it would have been disposed of as medical waste, not "scooped back into Eric's head" prior to his funeral/creamation as someone suggested LOL. (eww) On a more depressing note, Eric's parents supposedly never claimed any of his belongings, and his clothes, personal items, etc. were eventually all disposed of/destroyed. It's as though they didn't want to claim him as their child even in death. Sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pennydreadful

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:59 pm

ThePsychologyofPhobos wrote:
Most of Eric's brain matter was collected from the crime scene and turned over to the forensic pathologist as evidence. It was properly labeled and then frozen to be kept for a year, after that year it would have been disposed of as medical waste, not "scooped back into Eric's head" prior to his funeral/creamation as someone suggested LOL. (eww) On a more depressing note, Eric's parents supposedly never claimed any of his belongings, and his clothes, personal items, etc. were eventually all disposed of/destroyed. It's as though they didn't want to claim him as their child even in death. Sad.
that's so odd since they were so uncooperative and protective when the police came to their house. Just doesn't make any sense. Maybe it was simply too painful For them to see and touch the clothing he wore on that awful day. Also I'm sure they were struggling with many conflicting emotions..They definitely still loved him, but at the same time resented him and were beyond furious for what he did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePsychologyofPhobos

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:38 am

True, everyone grieves differently, and there is not right or wrong way of doing so but I feel if I were a mother I would need some sort of validation, some truth that it was him, I feel almost as though they knew in their heart what he was capable of towards his final years and simply didn't need that type of validation. But that's simply my take on it, I can't imagine (nor do I want to) what it would be like to be a parent in that situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pennydreadful

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:40 am

Yes, I completely agree. Just an unimaginably terrible situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:51 am

Such a contrast from Dylan's parents, Sue in particular, who makes known of her love and her grief and what she has learnt since Columbine and speaks for herself and on behalf of her son. I'm almost thankful she chose to do this as we finally hear from the point of view of a school shooter's mother and Sue happened to be one who was educated and self-aware.

Unfortunately for Eric's parents as you guys pointed out they must be really disappointed in what he did that they can't forgive or still garner love for him but would rather not claim and acknowledge him after death. Someone should've kept all his belongings. Not even Kevin?

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:43 am

I can see why they wouldn't want the clothing. It was such a painful and shocking time in their lives. I am sure they didn't want to remember their son as a murderer. That clothing and coat would remind them of the worst day of their lives. Maybe in 20 years when things calmed a bit it would be easier to handle but I would have a hard time with that too.

I wonder though if now 20 years later they regret not taking the clothing.

View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:13 am

I agree with the above. They would have had lots of things at home that reminded them of the Eric they thought they knew and loved. I can't see why they'd want the clothes he went on his rampage in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:16 am

Lizpuff wrote:
I can see why they wouldn't want the clothing.  It was such a painful and shocking time in their lives.  I am sure they didn't want to remember their son as a murderer.  That clothing and coat would remind them of the worst day of their lives.  Maybe in 20 years when things calmed a bit it would be easier to handle but I would have a hard time with that too.

I can't imagine why their feelings would change on that matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:24 am

myshame wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
I can see why they wouldn't want the clothing.  It was such a painful and shocking time in their lives.  I am sure they didn't want to remember their son as a murderer.  That clothing and coat would remind them of the worst day of their lives.  Maybe in 20 years when things calmed a bit it would be easier to handle but I would have a hard time with that too.

I can't imagine why their feelings would change on that matter.

I am not saying they would have but since it has been quite a long time they have had time to reconcile the event in their minds. Doesn't make them miss Eric any less I am sure but it isn't so harsh in their memories. And especially now that Eric has been gone for so long perhaps they would want anything they could get their hands on to remember him.

View user profile
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:04 am

If your son went on the deadliest school shooting rampage in history, would you want those clothes he wore? I highly doubt that...They would still have an entire dresser full of clothes from his room.

sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:28 am

EGSandrew wrote:
If your son went on the deadliest school shooting rampage in history, would you want those clothes he wore? I highly doubt that...They would still have an entire dresser full of clothes from his room.
They were also the clothes he was wearing when he died. That might be significant to some people. Some people don't want to view their loved ones after death and others have a hard time moving on without the chance to do that. I think this would be similar and I can understand why someone would want to keep those clothes, even if there were negative memories attached to them.

myshame

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:53 am

sscc wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:
They were also the clothes he was wearing when he died. That might be significant to some people. Some people don't want to view their loved ones after death and others have a hard time moving on without the chance to do that. I think this would be similar and I can understand why someone would want to keep those clothes, even if there were negative memories attached to them.

Negative would be an understatement here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:37 pm

myshame wrote:
sscc wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:

Yes, but that's not really the point. My point is that those clothes are tied to the reality of the situation and the death of their son. Some people might see value in that even if you do not.

The Klebolds had to go to court because they wanted Dylan's possessions back. They actually wanted all of his belongings but they only got the clothes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pennydreadful

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:57 pm

sscc wrote:
myshame wrote:
sscc wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:

Yes, but that's not really the point. My point is that those clothes are tied to the reality of the situation and the death of their son. Some people might see value in that even if you do not.

The Klebolds had to go to court because they wanted Dylan's possessions back. They actually wanted all of his belongings but they only got the clothes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wow i never knew they had to fight in court to get his clothes back. That's so sad, poor Tom and Sue. So maybe it's not that the Harris's didn't want his belongings back. Maybe they just didn't want to go through all that to get them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:09 am

That's crazy...That's really lame when you think about it. I mean I get that it's "evidence" but it's CLOTHING, not a bomb or a weapon; it's fabric. Who's to say the families don't have the right to possess their son's clothes that he died in? You know what the FBI or JeffCo would do with it in the end? DESTROY THEM. ~_~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatheroftwo
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:59 pm

EGSandrew wrote:
That's crazy...That's really lame when you think about it. I mean I get that it's "evidence" but it's CLOTHING, not a bomb or a weapon; it's fabric. Who's to say the families don't have the right to possess their son's clothes that he died in? You know what the FBI or JeffCo would do with it in the end? DESTROY THEM. ~_~

That's crazy=that's JeffCo

Columbine exposed the heck out of the clown show. I can't even imagine being the parent of a victim and then having to deal with the knowledge of JeffCo's debacles leading up to and including 4/20. Then you have the issues of dealing with JeffCo cover up after 4/20.

When the disgust and hatred for JeffCo approaches E&D levels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KatieJean1988

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:02 pm

Their parents just cremated them and didn't have a burial site for them because they thought that students and angry people in the community or around the world would destroy it, correct?!? clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:06 pm

KatieJean1988 wrote:
Their parents just cremated them and didn't have a burial site for them because they thought that students and angry people in the community or around the world would destroy it, correct?!? clown

Sue Klebold says that in her book. I assume the same happened to Eric Harris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eric and Dylan burial sites?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2