Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NBK and "NBK"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 66916
Forum Reputation : 38

NBK and "NBK" Empty
PostSubject: NBK and "NBK"   NBK and "NBK" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Do you think Dylan really wanted to commit mass murder with a girl? NBK not what "NBK" with Eric. Suicide and "NBK" with Eric is clearly a contingency plan for Dylan. He wrote that he will commit suicide if the girl doesn't love him. But if she loves him, he will find the strength to survive. The purpose of his existence is to live in serenity with his beloved. Maybe NBK is something not connected with death at all?

Contribution Points : 64271
Forum Reputation : 0

NBK and "NBK" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBK and "NBK"   NBK and "NBK" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 12:01 am

I think that NBK with Dylan's Halcyon girl meant something completely different than murder. I think he meant it in a way that it would always be he and his girl. No matter what. He would have her and she would have him and nothing and no one would ever be able to separate them.

What gets me every time I read his journal, is how he just sounds resigned and maybe even disappointed that NBK with Eric was the only way he was going to finally be free, meaning it would give him the strength he needed to finally commit suicide because who can come back from something that atrocious? He writes "Gawd" after he mentions NBK with Eric as if he's just disgusted and disappointed.

In short, I agree with you in that Dylan probably meant NBK to be something completely different.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95449
Forum Reputation : 1190

NBK and "NBK" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBK and "NBK"   NBK and "NBK" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 9:09 am

This may sound a bit disjointed here but my thoughts are that Dylan wanted and yet didn't want to commit suicide. I think NBK whether with Eric or someone else was a grand suicide plan for Dylan. On one hand I think Dylan was suicidal thinking that the only way he would be happy was to die. That way he could find his love and be out of a world that he thought hated him. But on the other hand he didn't want to die because he thought his love may still be out in the world and if she was he wanted to find her. That is why he bought the St Johns wort and why he would end his journals with Goodbye but then the next day be back right at writing.

I think NBK in the end was just a way to give Dylan that push to kill himself. I know there are conspiracies out there stating that Eric and Dylan were looking for signs of things to either stop them or show them that NBK was supposed to happen and I sort of think of this the same way. That Dylan couldn't kill himself on his own be it because of fear or something else, but I think he decided that if NBK with Eric went down without a hitch that this was the way he was supposed to die. And then he would find his love. If it was stopped then he was to remain alive to find his love in the world

Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118045
Forum Reputation : 1004

NBK and "NBK" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBK and "NBK"   NBK and "NBK" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
This may sound a bit disjointed here but my thoughts are that Dylan wanted and yet didn't want to commit suicide.  I think NBK whether with Eric or someone else was a grand suicide plan for Dylan.  On one hand I think Dylan was suicidal thinking that the only way he would be happy was to die.  That way he could find his love and be out of a world that he thought hated him.  But on the other hand he didn't want to die because he thought his love may still be out in the world and if she was he wanted to find her.  That is why he bought the St Johns wort and why he would end his journals with Goodbye but then the next day be back right at writing.  

I think NBK in the end was just a way to give Dylan that push to kill himself.  I know there are conspiracies out there stating that Eric and Dylan were looking for signs of things to either stop them or show them that NBK was supposed to happen and I sort of think of this the same way.  That Dylan couldn't kill himself on his own be it because of fear or something else, but I think he decided that if NBK with Eric went down without a hitch that this was the way he was supposed to die.  And then he would find his love.  If it was stopped then he was to remain alive to find his love in the world
I 100% agree with you that Dylan wanted to use NBK as a way to commit suicide. I've been saying that pretty much from the time I started researching this thing. But, he says that he wants to get together with this girl and go "NBK" with her. If getting together with this girl would have stopped him from wanting to die, why did he originally want to do it with the love of his life? He said "go NBK with her"? To me, he was pretty much saying that he still wanted to do NBK but at first it was with her. Wouldn't NBK with a girl result with the same ending? Him committing suicide with her instead of Eric?

Personally, I think no matter how you look at it, Dylan would have eventually killed himself one way or another.

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

NBK and "NBK" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBK and "NBK"   NBK and "NBK" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Jenn wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
This may sound a bit disjointed here but my thoughts are that Dylan wanted and yet didn't want to commit suicide.  I think NBK whether with Eric or someone else was a grand suicide plan for Dylan.  On one hand I think Dylan was suicidal thinking that the only way he would be happy was to die.  That way he could find his love and be out of a world that he thought hated him.  But on the other hand he didn't want to die because he thought his love may still be out in the world and if she was he wanted to find her.  That is why he bought the St Johns wort and why he would end his journals with Goodbye but then the next day be back right at writing.  

I think NBK in the end was just a way to give Dylan that push to kill himself.  I know there are conspiracies out there stating that Eric and Dylan were looking for signs of things to either stop them or show them that NBK was supposed to happen and I sort of think of this the same way.  That Dylan couldn't kill himself on his own be it because of fear or something else, but I think he decided that if NBK with Eric went down without a hitch that this was the way he was supposed to die.  And then he would find his love.  If it was stopped then he was to remain alive to find his love in the world
I 100% agree with you that Dylan wanted to use NBK as a way to commit suicide. I've been saying that pretty much from the time I started researching this thing. But, he says that he wants to get together with this girl and go "NBK" with her. If getting together with this girl would have stopped him from wanting to die, why did he originally want to do it with the love of his life? He said "go NBK with her"? To me, he was pretty much saying that he still wanted to do NBK but at first it was with her. Wouldn't NBK with a girl result with the same ending? Him committing suicide with her instead of Eric?

Personally, I think no matter how you look at it, Dylan would have eventually killed himself one way or another.

Yea I am with you that he would have died either way. I just think that based on the quote of "I would find a way to survive for you" or something like that however it went, that if he found his true love as he thought he would and she didn't want to die that he would try to survive for her. Maybe he read too much Romeo and Juliet where they both committed suicide as the ultimate act of love

Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118045
Forum Reputation : 1004

NBK and "NBK" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBK and "NBK"   NBK and "NBK" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
 Maybe he read too much Romeo and Juliet where they both committed suicide as the ultimate act of love
Lol. I've never watched Natural Born Killers, did those 2 commit suicide?

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

NBK and "NBK" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBK and "NBK"   NBK and "NBK" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Jenn wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
 Maybe he read too much Romeo and Juliet where they both committed suicide as the ultimate act of love

No they did not. They end the movie watching their kids play IIRC

Love

Love

NBK and "NBK" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBK and "NBK"   NBK and "NBK" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

No they did not.  They end the movie watching their kids play IIRC
There is an alternative ending, where a prisoner who helped them escape, pulls out a gun and kills them both.

Love

NBK and "NBK" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBK and "NBK"   NBK and "NBK" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Dylan believes in reincarnation. He was hoping that in some incarnation (in this or in another life) he will find "true love". Apparently he thought that in this life he is doomed to loneliness and decided to commit suicide (that is to say to accelerate the transition into another life).
About NBK, he was first mentioned in the record made several days after the arrest. There he talks about revenge to society. But I think he means that he will take revenge with Eric. As a result, he dies, so he will complete his current existence.
But then in the letter to the girl he hesitates. He admits the idea that maybe he has a chance in this life (in this existence) to find love. And then he didn't need to kill himself, in order to find love in another incarnation.
Quote :
The reason that I’m writing you now is that I have been caught for the crimes I committed, & I want to go to a new existence. You know what I mean (suicide). I have nothing to live for, & I wont be able to survive in this world after this legal conviction. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you . . . I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you. I would enjoy life knowing that you loved me. 99/100 chances you probably think I’m crazy, & want to stay as far away as possible. If that’s the case, then I’m very sorry for involving an innocent person in my problems, & please don’t think twice. However, if you are who I hoped for in my dreams & realities, then do me a favor: leave a piece of paper in my locker saying anything that comes to you.
Well maybe NBK is his way out of this existence (to die in order to incarnate in another life). Apparently it really means death (or at least suicide). But he certainly wasn't going to do it with girl he loves. Why would he die if in this life he has a chance to be with his lover. Because suicide need only to go to another incarnation, another life (search for his true love).

Contribution Points : 101463
Forum Reputation : 74

NBK and "NBK" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBK and "NBK"   NBK and "NBK" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 12:05 am

Oh, you have to watch Natural Born Killers. Eric and Dylan watched it religiously and modeled everything on it.

I do think Dylan's fantasy was to go on a shooting spree with a female in order to immortalize his love for her. He settled for a shooting spree with Eric that would merely immortalize him in her mind if she survived.

I have always found it interesting that a duo of boys modeled their plot on a heterosexual romance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NBK and "NBK" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBK and "NBK"   NBK and "NBK" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NBK and "NBK"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: