Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 shooting of Dallas police officers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 122083
Forum Reputation : 1001

2016 shooting of Dallas police officers Empty
PostSubject: 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers   2016 shooting of Dallas police officers Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 11:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On July 7, 2016, Micah Xavier Johnson ambushed and fired upon a group of police officers in Dallas, Texas, killing five officers and injuring nine others. Two civilians were also wounded. Johnson was an Army Reserve Afghan War veteran who was reportedly angry over police shootings of black men and stated that he wanted to kill white people, especially white police officers. The shooting happened at the end of a peaceful protest against police killings of Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Philando Castile in Falcon Heights, Minnesota, which had occurred in the preceding days.

Following the shooting, Johnson fled inside a building on the campus of El Centro College. Police followed him there, and a standoff ensued. In the early hours of July 8, police killed Johnson with a bomb attached to a remote control bomb disposal robot. It was the first time U.S. law enforcement used a robot to kill a suspect.

The shooting was the deadliest incident for U.S. law enforcement since the September 11 attacks, surpassing two related March 2009 shootings in Oakland, California and a November 2009 ambush shooting in Lakewood, Washington; both of these incidents each killed four officers.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 122083
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers   2016 shooting of Dallas police officers Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 11:17 pm

First time I have heard of a robot being used as an explosive device to kill a suspect...

Officers opened negotiations for surrender but Johnson said he would speak to black police officers only. He also said that he acted alone and was not part of any group. According to Chief Brown, Johnson appeared delusional during his standoff, "We had negotiated with him for about two hours, and he just basically lied to us, playing games, laughing at us, singing, asking how many did he get and that he wanted to kill some more." By about 2:30 a.m., Chief Brown saw no possibility of negotiating further and made the decision to use a bomb disposal remote control vehicle armed with about 1 pound (0.45 kilograms) of C-4 explosive. The plan was to move the robot to a point against a wall facing Johnson and then detonate the explosives. Johnson saw the robot approaching and fired repeatedly at it in an attempt to stop it. However, the robot exploded as intended, killing Johnson immediately. The robot, while sustaining damage to its extended arm, was still functional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers   2016 shooting of Dallas police officers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 9:32 pm

I am surprised that more mass shootings don't involve the shooter using a rapid fire sniper rifle like in the Dallas shooting last year, I mean given the right geography and such it is not far fetched that more casualties would occur and it would take longer to catch the shooter. Although most mass shooters don't actually intend on surviving let alone getting away.
Back to top Go down
imgview
Banned

Contribution Points : 54084
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers   2016 shooting of Dallas police officers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 5:17 pm

I wonder why this shooting was largely forgotten. He targeted cops directly instead of defenseless bystanders, and the Xavier fit the image of a depressed, frustrated loner. He is also on of the most "badass" shooters, cops needed a fucking robot and a bomb to take him out after all.
I will definetly read more about this case.

Seems like media will only push the story and make the shooter well known within the public if he is white and male Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers   2016 shooting of Dallas police officers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 9:13 pm

imgview wrote:
Seems like media will only push the story and make the shooter well known within the public if he is white and male Mad
ding ding ding
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers   2016 shooting of Dallas police officers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 12:52 am

imgview wrote:
I wonder why this shooting was largely forgotten. He targeted cops directly instead of defenseless bystanders, and the Xavier fit the image of a depressed, frustrated loner. He is also on of the most "badass" shooters, cops needed a fucking robot and a bomb to take him out after all.

Define forgotten. Stephen Paddock doesn't get a lot of news time in comparison to Nikolas Cruz and Dimitrios Pagourtzis practically fell off the radar after his shooting.

imgview
Banned

Contribution Points : 54084
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers   2016 shooting of Dallas police officers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:04 am

QuestionMark wrote:
imgview wrote:

Define forgotten. Stephen Paddock doesn't get a lot of news time in comparison to Nikolas Cruz and Dimitrios Pagourtzis practically fell off the radar after his shooting.
Fair enough, but Dallas was more unique than those generic run of the mill shootings you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70123
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers   2016 shooting of Dallas police officers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:33 am

Fox News pushed the hell out of this shooting blaming Obama and BLM. Ive heard Hannity bring it up pretty recently actually.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers   2016 shooting of Dallas police officers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 2:44 pm

imgview wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
imgview wrote:

Fair enough, but Dallas was more unique than those generic run of the mill shootings you mentioned.

I'll agree with you on that (with the exception of Parkland, I find that particular shooting to be quite fascinating truthfully). 

W.A.R. wrote:
Fox News pushed the hell out of this shooting blaming Obama and BLM. Ive heard Hannity bring it up pretty recently actually.

To be entirely fair, BLM does have a problem with people in the group (or people claiming to be a part of it) that advocate for violence against police officers or have actually committed violence against officers. This incident is certainly not the first (or last) violent rampage killing perpetrated by black supremacists.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers   2016 shooting of Dallas police officers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2016 shooting of Dallas police officers
Page 1 of 1