Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bomb at the Harris home??

Go down 
+4
tfsa47090
sscc
H311ish.B3ast
sororityalpha
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Bomb at the Harris home?? Empty
PostSubject: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 11:48 am

I remember reading that when they followed the gas smell to the garage, they called the bomb squad and they found a device which they had to deactivate.
So was Eric trying to blow up his house???
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121563
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 12:09 pm

The only 'bomb' they found was in the basement in Eric's bedroom:

*337-338 destroyed on scene
337 Plastic Cassette w CO2 Bomb & Electric Match Basement Bedroom Grove 042099
338 Plastic Cassette w CO2 Bomb & Electric Match Basement Bedroom Grove 042099

339 Small Westclox Travel Clock Toolbox In Bedroom Grove 042099 ATF
340 Plastic Bag of BB's Found Inside 337 Grove 042099

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
H311ish.B3ast

H311ish.B3ast

Contribution Points : 66587
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 12:54 pm

Hmm... wow I never knew about that. Was it just parts they found? Or was it active? Cause ... that opens up a whole new book of questions. Shocked
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82296
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 2:09 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
The only 'bomb' they found was in the basement in Eric's bedroom:

*337-338 destroyed on scene
337 Plastic Cassette w CO2 Bomb & Electric Match Basement Bedroom Grove 042099
338 Plastic Cassette w CO2 Bomb & Electric Match Basement Bedroom Grove 042099

339 Small Westclox Travel Clock Toolbox In Bedroom Grove 042099 ATF
340 Plastic Bag of BB's Found Inside 337 Grove 042099
Did they find "Atlanta" and another pipe bomb at Dylan's house? I was looking page 11269 and part of the address is missing but that seems like the best guess.

Also, they didn't recover them until 4/21 so where was this box containing the pipe bombs found? In Dylan's room or somewhere else?

And another question. Why wouldn't Dylan have brought these bombs with them on the day of the massacre? Were they functional?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 2:17 pm

From Dylan's Bedroom Closet (page 007704):

460 Grey Metal 8"x8"/10"x10" Box w 4 CO2 Cartridges ACSO Bomb 042199
461 1 1/4" x 6" Pipe Bomb "Vodka Vengeance" Above Box ACSO Bomb 042199 ATF
462 1 1/4" x 6" Pipe Bomb "Vodka Atlanta" Above Box ACSO Bomb 042199 ATF
463 Miscellaneous Fireworks ACSO Bomb 042199 Sample to ATF

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 2:37 pm

From the 1997 copy of Eric's Rebdoomer Website:

Atlanta, Pholus, Peltro, and Pazzie are complete. For those of you that don’t know who they are, they are the first 4 true pipe bombs created entirely from scratch by the rebels (REB and VoDkA). Atlanta and Pholus are each 1 ¼” by 6” pipes...

Dylan also referred to 'Atlanta' here:

Monday February 2 1998

Soon, either I’ll commit suicide or I’ll get with [female name] and it will be NBK for us.

My happiness, her happiness, NOTHING else matters.

I’ve been caught with most of my crimes: drinking, smoking, the house vandalism and the pipe bombs.

If, by fate’s choice, [redacted] didn’t love me, I’d slit my wrist & blow up Atlanta [pipe bomb] strapped to my neck.

*It may be possible that Pholus was renamed to 'Vengeance' by Dylan.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 2:33 pm

Thank you. I knew Dylan had mentioned Atlanta in reference to committing suicide but I didn't realize that it was so early in 1998, and the 1997 mention puts the creation date even earlier. According to Eric's table listing the attributes of his explosives, the Alpha and Beta batches made in late 1998 weren't of the highest quality so he probably improved his technique over time. Since Atlanta and (probably) Vengeance were their early experiments with real pipe bombs, maybe the reason that they decided not to bring them was because they knew that they were not as powerful or made with as much skill as their later pipe bombs.

Do you have any idea which of these bombs may have been confiscated by Eric's father? Was it confirmed that it was eventually destroyed? I remember reading Nate Dykeman's statement about Eric showing off the pipe bomb that was being kept in his parents' closet because they found it in his room and didn't know what to do with it, and also that he had shown Nate other pipe bombs that he was keeping in his room after that. How did Dylan take possession of the two pipe bombs that the police found and why didn't they ever detonate them? Did Dylan actually keep them in his room for over a year? I still want to know exactly where that box containing the bombs was found at Dylan's house but I guess there is no more information.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 3:00 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

The box and pipe bombs were found in Dylan's Bedroom Closet
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 3:46 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

The box and pipe bombs were found in Dylan's Bedroom Closet
Laughing I don't know how I managed to miss that. Thank you again.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 3:55 pm

No problem, anytime.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100338
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 4:20 pm

This thread has been moved from the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section.

Please use this section (Documents, evidence, photos and videos) for these types of questions and threads.

The Help, questions and comments section is for technical issues and questions regarding the actual forum's functionality.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
GreenGrayDay

GreenGrayDay

Contribution Points : 62586
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Quote :
If, by fate’s choice, [redacted] didn’t love me, I’d slit my wrist & blow up Atlanta [pipe bomb] strapped to my neck.
*It may be possible that Pholus was renamed to 'Vengeance' by Dylan.

Hey, it's very possible that incase Eric ran out of bullets to commit suicide in the Columbine Massacre, he would slit his wrist with the "unused knifes", and then, explode a pipebomb on his neck... affraid

Damn, if the Suicide image was gruesome, imagine this happening.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68851
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 11:46 am

in the basement tapes Dylan says at Eric's home "The rest of the pipebombs are buried in the bunker, you can't see them out the window, but that is why it is called the bunker" Is it possible that they were buried in the front yard?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Dylan mentions a "bunker" & attempts to video tape out the west window of Eric's room but it is dark outside & you cannot see anything other than the glare on the window. Dylan states there is a patch of ground where it is buried under the dirt. Eric states [in the bunker] there are "four mortar grenades, ten crickets, and three ALPHA's"

Dylan moves from filming Eric in the lower level family room to the inside of Eric's bedroom.
Dylan films the west window inside Eric's room, & calls it a "bunker" & says "you can't see it, it's buried there" "That's why it's called a bunker"

*The front yard would have been a south window. Dylan was pointing/filming the west window so it was, more than likely, the side yard of the house.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 11:41 am

I have always wondered how Eric's parents seemed oblivious to the gas smell? If Eric was indeed trying to find the right Napalm mix in their house or garage. If he was testing the mixtures close by, the smell would have lingered. Did they not wonder where the smell was coming from or better yet why the strong odor of gas was there?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Shadowed, I wonder about that too! It seems odd that it wouldn't be a cause for concern in general...

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 65778
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 10:51 am

I think the fact that Wayne and Kathy asked for immunity has something to do with this. If they really had no clue what was going on, what would they have to hide? Not saying they knew he was making bombs, but I think they had suspicions that they realized they should have acted upon.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 10:56 am

I agree and just my opinion Wayne calling 911 and saying he think Eric might be involved in the shooting vs Sue and Tom worrying about Dylan's safety first and then assuming he was involved in a senior prank when she heard he might be involved is telling. I was one of the people suspicious back in the day when I heard they called a lawyer for Dylan but in Sue's book she said his dad did it because he was still on probation and even a little slip up could be a felony.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 10:59 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I agree and just my opinion Wayne calling 911 and saying he think Eric might be involved in the shooting vs Sue and Tom worrying about Dylan's safety first and then assuming he was involved in a senior prank when she heard he might be involved is telling. I was one of the people suspicious back in the day when I heard they called a lawyer for Dylan but in Sue's book she said his dad did it because he was still on probation and even a little slip up could be a felony.

This is so true. Sue had no suspicions of Dylan's involvement at first, yet Wayne called right away. I wonder if, while the Klebold's viewed the van incident as a minor slip-up in adolescence, the Harris's saw it as a dark path Eric was headed down. Maybe this is why Wayne was so quick to think Eric had something to do with the shooting.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 11:09 am

emelie wrote:
I remember reading that when they followed the gas smell to the garage, they called the bomb squad and they found a device which they had to deactivate.
So was Eric trying to blow up his house???

I have found nothing to suggest that Eric wanted to or planned to blow up his house, or harm his parents physically. Although he knew he would be harming them mentally. In his journal and the basement tapes, he talks about how good his family was to him and how they would never get over what he was about to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 11:24 am

Littlelo wrote:
I think the fact that Wayne and Kathy asked for immunity has something to do with this. If they really had no clue what was going on, what would they have to hide? Not saying they knew he was making bombs, but I think they had suspicions that they realized they should have acted upon.

Well they did in fact know he was making pipe bombs. Wayne had found one in Eric's bedroom. Also that fact was probably why Wayne called 911, and then why the Harris's later wanted immunity.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 11:30 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

Well they did in fact know he was making pipe bombs. Wayne had found one in Eric's bedroom. Also that fact was probably why Wayne called 911, and then why the Harris's later wanted immunity.

You're right, I always forget he was caught with the pipe bombs. Any idea how long before 4/20 this occurred?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 11:36 am

I am not sure of an exact date of when it was found, as I don't think it was ever stated. Someone please correct me if I am wrong! But it was months before 4/20.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 11:54 am

The pipe bomb Wayne supposedly found has never really been clear. Apparently at one point in time Wayne denied ever finding it, yet there are various accounts of Eric or his friends saying that it was found. Yet what supposedly happened to it was never clear. It was hidden in Wayne and Kathy's closet, it was taken to a remote location and destroyed, etc.

I just don't see why Eric would have lied about his parents finding it, but I can see why Wayne would lie saying he didn't find it in order to save his family from any legal obligations.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 1:37 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The pipe bomb Wayne supposedly found has never really been clear. Apparently at one point in time Wayne denied ever finding it, yet there are various accounts of Eric or his friends saying that it was found. Yet what supposedly happened to it was never clear. It was hidden in Wayne and Kathy's closet, it was taken to a remote location and destroyed, etc.

I just don't see why Eric would have lied about his parents finding it, but I can see why Wayne would lie saying he didn't find it in order to save his family from any legal obligations.
Nate Dykeman told investigators that Eric actually took him to his parents' bedroom and showed him the confiscated pipe bomb in the closet so there is no doubt that Wayne and Kathy found at least one bomb (10696). No specific dates as far as I can tell but Nate also said that he was aware that Eric and Dylan had been experimenting with pipe bombs for over a year, so my guess is that it was probably sometime in 1998 that he saw this confiscated pipe bomb. Sometime after this, Eric had made more pipe bombs which he was keeping in his room and he also showed these to Nate. When Eric showed him the confiscated bomb, Nate said that he told him that his parents had found the bomb but didn't know what to do with it so it's possible that they kept the bomb in the closet for some time until Wayne later exploded it in some remote area to dispose of it.

For more clues to the timeline, there is also Eric's writing about when it is "bad to be good" for a school assignment (26199). He mentioned that after being arrested, his parents took away all of his weapons. He makes reference to putting time and money into "making them" so I would guess that he may have been talking about the pipe bomb (and possibly some other small explosives experiments) there. Maybe they searched Eric's room soon after the arrest and unexpectedly came across the bomb at that time.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 1:52 pm

sscc wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Nate Dykeman told investigators that Eric actually took him to his parents' bedroom and showed him the confiscated pipe bomb in the closet so there is no doubt that Wayne and Kathy found at least one bomb (10696). No specific dates as far as I can tell but Nate also said that he was aware that Eric and Dylan had been experimenting with pipe bombs for over a year, so my guess is that it was probably sometime in 1998 that he saw this confiscated pipe bomb. Sometime after this, Eric had made more pipe bombs which he was keeping in his room and he also showed these to Nate. When Eric showed him the confiscated bomb, Nate said that he told him that his parents had found the bomb but didn't know what to do with it so it's possible that they kept the bomb in the closet for some time until Wayne later exploded it in some remote area to dispose of it.

For more clues to the timeline, there is also Eric's writing about when it is "bad to be good" for a school assignment (26199). He mentioned that after being arrested, his parents took away all of his weapons. He makes reference to putting time and money into "making them" so I would guess that he may have been talking about the pipe bomb (and possibly some other small explosives experiments) there. Maybe they searched Eric's room soon after the arrest and unexpectedly came across the bomb at that time.

It makes sense that they would have searched his room and found the pipe bombs immediately following the January 1998 incident. The massacre didn't happen until over a year later and I know Sue said she and Tom had stopped searching Dylan's room by spring of 1999 because he was a graduating senior who was about to go off on his own. Maybe the Harris's also stopped searching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 2:00 pm

sscc wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I have no doubts that Wayne Harris did in fact find the pipe bomb. I just used the word "supposedly" because in the past Wayne had stated that he had not found it, or anything else that would have made him suspect what Eric was planning to do.

The whole point of my post was to bring to light the various accounts of others saying they had either seen it themselves or heard Eric talking about his father finding it. I see no reason why Eric would have lied about it being found, or why his friends would have lied about seeing it or at least hearing about it. I do however see why Wayne would fabricate the truth in order to not be held liable.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 2:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You made it clear that you believed that Wayne found the pipe bomb at some point so I was just trying to see if I could help shed some light on how and when that might have happened.

As for what eventually happened to the confiscated bomb, I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has the information concerning the story about Wayne disposing of the bomb by exploding it because I can't remember where I read it but I'm fairly sure that it's somewhere in the investigation materials.

([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Do you happen to have that information handy? I know that you often do. Laughing)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 2:20 pm

sscc wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You made it clear that you believed that Wayne found the pipe bomb at some point so I was just trying to see if I could help shed some light on how and when that might have happened.

As for what eventually happened to the confiscated bomb, I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has the information concerning the story about Wayne disposing of the bomb by exploding it because I can't remember where I read it but I'm fairly sure that it's somewhere in the investigation materials.

([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Do you happen to have that information handy? I know that you often do. Laughing)

Thank you for trying to help clear up the time line of events. I hope you didn't take anything in my reply post wrong. As I was not trying to be snarky by any means.  Smile

I also would be interested in any info concerning what really happened with the confiscated pipe bomb, and when it happened.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 2:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] No worries and no snarkiness perceived on my end! Very Happy Sometimes, I'm not quite sure how my own posts come off to others, so I just wanted to clarify.

Intentions behind written expression can be difficult to decipher, which is why I strive for the liberal use of smilies whenever possible.  Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 3:03 pm

sscc wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] No worries and no snarkiness perceived on my end! Very Happy Sometimes, I'm not quite sure how my own posts come off to others, so I just wanted to clarify.

Intentions behind written expression can be difficult to decipher, which is why I strive for the liberal use of smilies whenever possible.  Cool

I'm always hoping that my posts are taken the way I meant them. Although I will sometimes post something only to see it later and think to myself, "Damn, you sound like an arrogant bitch." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 6:38 pm

A lot of the information about Eric's dad and a pipe bomb are from Nate Dykeman's statements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 6:55 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
A lot of the information about Eric's dad and a pipe bomb are from Nate Dykeman's statements.

Cory Friesen also talked about it in an interview as well. Saying that Eric told him that his father had found one of his pipe bombs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bomb at the Harris home??   Bomb at the Harris home?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bomb at the Harris home??
Page 1 of 1