Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017   Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:10 pm

Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017   Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Kind of weird to see Sue Klebold tell the same story in so many places.

And it's really annoying to hear the clinking of silverware and the gasps from the crowd.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017   Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Some notes from the video:

* 6 suicides in one Fire Dept from effects of 4/20

* What she would have done differently before 4/20 is to ‘shut up and listen’ to Dylan more.

* She takes questions 29 minutes into the presentation.

*Personal therapy, medication, helped Sue move on. Depositions 2003 – anxiety disorder, panic attacks started. She got therapy, medication and it passed until 2 years later in 2005 when she started speaking publicly. She came through that. She understood what it was like to have a ‘malfunctioning mind’.

*Guns – greatest risk factor - 76% suicide with gun.

*Nobody should be surprised when shootings happen because people are human and we are all quite vunerable.

*Research shows that if kids are allowed to talk about suicide safely it helps them and it saves lives.

*When Sue wrote her book, Tom and Byron made her promise not to make their lives public. Most people who survive something horrible like Columbine do not want to be exposed, they don’t want to relive it, they don’t want to be associated with it.

*Marriage – lasted 43 years. Marriage ended in 2014. Tom and her are still friends.

*At 43:00, Sue takes a question from a guy who related to Dylan. Interesting to hear his story.

*Piece of advice that Sue recommends: Tell me something about yourself that no one understands but that causes you pain. Then the only thing you say is ‘tell me more’.

*1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 24/7 answering service/online chat [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

*57:30 Question from someone who knew Sue/Tom and Byron from years ago.

PostSubject: Re: Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017   Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Thanks for sharing this. It was very interesting to listen to her talk about a few little things I had never heard before. Also, the dream she said she had about Dylan.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
myshame
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017   Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks for sharing this.  It was very interesting to listen to her talk about a few little things I had never heard before.  Also, the dream she said she had about Dylan.... Shocked

I found Sue Klebold to be a bit offputting here. She was a bit too cheery at the beginning, and I don't think she realized how strange that dream was.
Back to top Go down
bubbles
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017   Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Some notes from the video:

* 6 suicides in one Fire Dept from effects of 4/20

* What she would have done differently before 4/20 is to ‘shut up and listen’ to Dylan more.

* She takes questions 29 minutes into the presentation.

*Personal therapy, medication, helped Sue move on. Depositions 2003 – anxiety disorder, panic attacks started. She got therapy, medication and it passed until 2 years later in 2005 when she started speaking publicly. She came through that. She understood what it was like to have a ‘malfunctioning mind’.

*Guns – greatest risk factor - 76% suicide with gun.

*Nobody should be surprised when shootings happen because people are human and we are all quite vunerable.

*Research shows that if kids are allowed to talk about suicide safely it helps them and it saves lives.

*When Sue wrote her book, Tom and Byron made her promise not to make their lives public. Most people who survive something horrible like Columbine do not want to be exposed, they don’t want to relive it, they don’t want to be associated with it.

*Marriage – lasted 43 years. Marriage ended in 2014. Tom and her are still friends.

*At 43:00, Sue takes a question from a guy who related to Dylan. Interesting to hear his story.

*Piece of advice that Sue recommends: Tell me something about yourself that no one understands but that causes you pain. Then the only thing you say is ‘tell me more’.

*1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 24/7 answering service/online chat [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

*57:30 Question from someone who knew Sue/Tom and Byron from years ago.

Thank you.

I've just started watching the vid (probably won't watch the entire thing today), but God that's cruel how Dylan even went to the length of putting on a performance and measuring his "would be" dorm room in front of Sue to "ensure he got the bigger dorm."
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017   Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:32 am

You are welcome [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017   Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:08 am

I watched this the other day and noted the suicides for the fire department linked to the case.

Makes you wonder what it looked like inside & how well those kids did not just to survive the incident but to come through having those scenes etched into their memory.
Back to top Go down
JCoffey66

PostSubject: Re: Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017   Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:17 am

Hi All!

I have but one question. Will Sue Klebold be giving a contribution from the 'earnings' of her thoughts and words to the upkeep of the final resting places of those who died and mental health of the individuals who survived because of the heinous and selfish acts of her child??
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017   Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Technically, yes. I teach mental health classes and her funds from the book go towards a grant so I get a small amount of money to teach them. All her book proceeds go to NAMI
Back to top Go down
JCoffey66

PostSubject: Re: Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017   Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:29 am

Then I hereby apologise for my glib comment above. I was being judgemental. I am glad that the money is being used for something positive and I commend you for the work you are doing addressing the issue of mental health.
Back to top Go down

Reaching for Hope - Sue Klebold - Feb 16 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1