Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Adam reloading not firing whole magazine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PredBull

PostSubject: Adam reloading not firing whole magazine   Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Why he did that? Is it because he was so afraid of being jumped?
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Adam reloading not firing whole magazine   Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

It's always better to reload before emptying the whole mag. It prevents jams and the need to close the bolt because a round is already in the chamber.

PostSubject: Re: Adam reloading not firing whole magazine   Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Another theory that circulated online about why he did not completely use up each magazine before switching to a new one is that he had imitated the common practice of switching magazines early like in first person shooter games. This was also a possible explanation for it, although I think TheSpiral's explanation is more likely.
Back to top Go down
STK

PostSubject: Re: Adam reloading not firing whole magazine   Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:20 am

I agree with the above answers, but I think there's another part to it; Having to reload in the middle of shooting could allow some time for victims to escape. With how meticulous Adam was I would imagine he would consider this.

PostSubject: Re: Adam reloading not firing whole magazine   Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:43 am

Exactly.

Another theory that circulated online about why he did not completely use up each magazine before switching to a new one is that he had imitated the common practice of switching magazines early like in first person shooter games.

Both are true. In "Bullet Time" we have a sort of a spoof scene. In the scene a guy is playing an FPPS game and using that to illustrate spree-killing tactics and he says: "Never allow yourself get caught wioth your last round in the chamber, always be mindful reload your gun".

Lanza was a big fan of "Bullet Time", so I guess it might be one of those few sad instances where he took the film literally.

PostSubject: Re: Adam reloading not firing whole magazine   Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:10 pm

Exactly.

Another theory that circulated online about why he did not completely use up each magazine before switching to a new one is that he had imitated the common practice of switching magazines early like in first person shooter games.

Both are true. In "Bullet Time" we have a sort of a spoof scene. In the scene a guy is playing an FPPS game and using that to illustrate spree-killing tactics and he says: "Never allow yourself get caught wioth your last round in the chamber, always be mindful reload your gun".

Lanza was a big fan of "Bullet Time", so I guess it might be one of those few sad instances where he took the film literally.
What do you think about TheSpiral's comment?
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Adam reloading not firing whole magazine   Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:26 am

Exactly.

What do you think about TheSpiral's comment?

Lanza had guns, known guns and he was raised with guns. But on the otehr hand, he was a recluse and he didn't spend much time going out and didn't spend his days at the shooting range. Its hard for me to gauge if he had enough actual shooting experience to assess if this would reduce the amount of jams.

I know he watched movies a lot and a series of movies about spree killings (in particular "Stalking Laura", "Bullet Time" and "Zero Day") were a very big part of his world. He quoted and mentioned them many times online. It is rather morbid to think about it, but Lanza directly mentioned my film in the last two forum posts he ever made.

As such, I think he probably watched all these movies many times and they got into his way of thinking. There's two specific moments.

1. "Zero Day" has a scene where the characters are making a self-styled "Home gun review". There one of them is reloading a break action shotgun, afterwards he notes how long it took and says: "Now, before I am done with this, two football players have already tackled me to the ground and bashed my head in with a chair. NOT good!"

2. "Bullet Time" has the scene I already mentioned, where the Character says: "Never allow yourself to be caught with the last round in the chamber. Always reload your gun."

Knowing Lanza, he prolly paid far too much attention to fiction and thus "overinvested" himself in the reloading becauyse that's what the guys in the films did.

Adam reloading not firing whole magazine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1