Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Influence of Columbine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sscc
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Influence of Columbine   Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
As for the post count. I remember once Desti opened SBB and I went to the "Thoughts on the Shooting" section it had shrunk down considerably from what it was on RPG. She also deleted a ton of threads in the Miscellaneous section. Which I can understand wanting to clean the forum up. I clean this forum up all the time. Threads that aren't posted in. People arguing. Stuff like that but I try not to touch the core forums. Even pointless threads from eons ago, as long as they have responses in them, I will leave them on the forum.
It seems that at least some of Lanza's posts were deleted all the way back in 2011. Smiggles made a thread asking why half the posts were deleted and Danny (if he was columbin?) responded that he had to pay for bandwidth so he was deleting inactive threads where there had been no posts for 90 days. Because of this, I would guess that it probably wasn't the new owner that deleted his posts but who knows. A lot of off-topic threads where Lanza posted were found but maybe others were deleted.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Influence of Columbine   Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Yes Danny Ledonne's username on the old forum was Columbin.

Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Influence of Columbine   Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:47 pm

As for the post count. I remember once Desti opened SBB and I went to the "Thoughts on the Shooting" section it had shrunk down considerably from what it was on RPG. She also deleted a ton of threads in the Miscellaneous section. Which I can understand wanting to clean the forum up. I clean this forum up all the time. Threads that aren't posted in. People arguing. Stuff like that but I try not to touch the core forums. Even pointless threads from eons ago, as long as they have responses in them, I will leave them on the forum.
It seems that at least some of Lanza's posts were deleted all the way back in 2011. Smiggles made a thread asking why half the posts were deleted and Danny (if he was columbin?) responded that he had to pay for bandwidth so he was deleting inactive threads where there had been no posts for 90 days. Because of this, I would guess that it probably wasn't the new owner that deleted his posts but who knows. A lot of off-topic threads where Lanza posted were found but maybe others were deleted.
Yea, Danny was "columbin". I didn't join until January, 2012 so I don't know what was deleted before that. I do know for a fact that Desti deleted stuff too because I tried to go back and save posts once she took it over and a lot of threads were completely gone. Mostly from "Miscellaneous" and "Thoughts on the Shooting".

And when I was there, I was told that Moderators weren't allowed to delete anything and that the forum had a free speech policy and nothing would be deleted. The only thing that I noticed that got removed when I was there was the thing I had already mentioned. When some user got into a fight with Danny and said he'd throw a rock or something at him. I don't remember exactly what he said but it was something towards Danny.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Influence of Columbine   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:01 am

Here are some screenshots from Adam's inquiry on January 14 2011 to the 'pruning' of posts:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see below it happened sometime between January 1 2011 and January 14 2011:

January 1 2011, 49,379 Articles

The forum was 'purged' then...

January 23 2011, 19,370 Articles

The forum did bounce back pretty good though as you can see below:

9 1/2 months later - November 7 2011, 50,206 Articles

8 months later & the last screenshot available - July 12 2012, 100,825 Articles

Influence of Columbine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: