Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
myshame

Contribution Points : 74219
Forum Reputation : 0

Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'" Empty
PostSubject: Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'"   Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 1:28 am

It's the last thing in the basement tape transcript:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
The tape ends with a brief glimpse of a sign on the wall of Eric’s bedroom, someone’s arm
partially blocking it from sight. It’s the letters CHS along with a drawing of a bomb with a lit
fuse and, in bold black letters, the word “clue.”

Recreated here at 17:17:

One of the most intriguing part of the basement tapes, in my opinion. I'm curious if it looked anything at all like the recreation.
Back to top Go down
dahlia_rose

dahlia_rose

Contribution Points : 69154

PostSubject: Re: Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'"   Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 pm

I saw the Recreation a couple of months ago and I remember it being so weird for me to see two young men that were making a serious attempt at getting the tone and content right. I was waiting for it to devolve into Tumblrish fanboying but they kept pretty true to what we know of the BT. I'm used to seeing female Columboner cringe on the internet rather than actually good content like this. It was a production they put a lot of thought into and I praise their imagination.
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'"   Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 11:12 pm

dahlia_rose wrote:
I saw the Recreation a couple of months ago and I remember it being so weird for me to see two young men that were making a serious attempt at getting the tone and content right. I was waiting for it to devolve into Tumblrish fanboying but they kept pretty true to what we know of the BT. I'm used to seeing female Columboner cringe on the internet rather than actually good content like this. It was a production they put a lot of thought into and I praise their imagination.

You can watch behind the scenes. A female director brought this together.

They went with a straight interpretation of the transcripts, so there's not much room for worship material. The removed some of the racist stuff, though, maybe because they were uncomfortable with it.
Back to top Go down
dahlia_rose

dahlia_rose

Contribution Points : 69154

PostSubject: Re: Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'"   Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 11:48 pm

I'll have to check out the behind the scenes video and see how it was all done.

More on topic, I like the subtlety of the "clue" in the production. It was authentic and wasn't announced or hinted at in an overt manner.

In real life though, as it pertains to E/D, it's sorta silly. The "clue" seems to be a preemptive warning of what's to come and appears in the tape, yet at the same time no one was meant to watch the tapes until it was too late to stop them.

That makes me wonder though, did he keep it taped up in his room for the duration of the planning? Perhaps thinking that one of his parents or someone else might question what it meant if they saw it hanging on his wall? That confuses me and puts me on the fence a little when people say he may have wanted to get caught.
Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat

Contribution Points : 64798

PostSubject: Re: Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'"   Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 12:16 am

I love how my comment was moderated into oblivion.
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'"   Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 2:51 am

Right, Dahlia Rose. It was described as big bold letters, and the letters in the video weren't big and bold. I also think that they drew the word "CLUE" on the day they did it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'"   Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basement tapes: "in bold black letters, the word 'clue.'"
Page 1 of 1