Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3106
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
And it goes both ways. You too don't know what they would have done if a toddler was there but you were quick to say they probably wouldn't have killed a child that young and jump all over the people who said that he would and telling people to "calm down". You know cuz he's a murderer and all it isn't that far fetched that he'd kill a child if a child just so happened to be lurking around a high school. How do you know who he would and wouldn't have killed? You don't. And you do know WHY they let people go, right? That was their intention the whole time to pick who lives and who doesn't. I mean how many times did they say that? And Eric talked about blowing up "towns" and flying planes into buildings and all other kinds of messed up shit. You think that wouldn't have killed some children?

First of all I know you like to disagree with me. I've been around here long enough and I do make it clear that at some points I'm Eric biased or relate to the boys somehow. That whole Rachel movie thing? nothing to do with this.

Secondly I told the poster to calm down because they were referencing my post as a fantasy when I said they might get flashbacks seeing a child. I'm just replying that they do not know that that could have happened either.

And of course I don't know what they would have really done if a child was there. But I still have the right to state my opinion right? Isn't that what this forum is for and not who is right and how many people back that up? I even said that they wanted to bomb the school initially so ANYONE would have gotten killed.

I, NEVER, completely said Eric or Dylan wouldn't kill a child. I just think as a strong opinion they may have not, and the opinion is still mine. Doesn't mean anyone else is correct either.

Lastly the way I phrased this "I think it's a good question cause it brings to light whether they were complete monsters or were still conscious enough to have executed a child in front of them." is a tad bit insane, I realised. They are monsters for what they did nevertheless.

Well obviously you don't "know" me that well. I don't "like" to disagree with you. I disagree with you a lot of the time because a lot of the things you say I just don't agree with and I find it hard to believe you actually believe these things you are saying. Hence why I asked you if you were being serious or not. I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone, not just you, can claim Dylan and Eric weren't monsters because their victims were not young enough. It has nothing to do with me just disagreeing with you for the sake of disagreeing - which is what you just implied.

And yea, the film about Rachel I brought up as yet another example where you jumped all over people (just like you did in the thread) for the things they were saying about the film. Constantly butting in to tell people there would be no reviews on the film and it wouldn't have a box office rating and how you were disgusted with the way the boys were portrayed. They were portrayed as what they really were - teenagers who planned an attack on their school and murdered people. And according to you, people were wasting their time even talking about it or watching it. Let people watch it and decide for themselves.

You're always telling people what to do and what to say and then turn around and complain about how you're allowed to state your opinion but when someone else does, they need to "calm down". I'm just wondering what's up with the double standards? I asked you because I want to know not just to disagree with you for the fun of it.

Why are you allowed your opinion but you argue any time someone brings up an opinion about Eric that makes him out to be what he really was? A murderer. You're Eric biased? What does that even mean? "Eric biased"? What, that since you can "relate" to some teenager who was a murderer who killed himself nearly 20 years ago he can do no wrong and you feel it's necessary to always make him out to sound not as bad as he really was? And what exactly is it you can "relate" to?

And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] made a really good point and I agree with them. Dylan and Eric were going to be dying in less than an hour, I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt that they would sit there and reminisce about their childhood in the middle of mowing down a bunch of kids. Once a murderer gets to the point that Dylan and Eric were at, they aren't gonna take a stroll down memory lane and remember that one time when they were 5 years old and picked sunflowers with their Mother and think "I shouldn't kill this little kid. I have such good memories from that age". No, what Eric was probably thinking was "why didn't my damn bombs go off" or "fuck I broke my nose" or "damn, I couldn't even get this right. I was a failure all the way up to my death". And I'd be willing to bet he was disappointed as hell, in pain and probably felt the whole thing wasn't even worth it.

I guess I understand that some people like to theorize about what could or couldn't have happened under different circumstances, but I honestly do not see how anyone, not just you, can think it really would have mattered to the killers who ended up dead and what age they were.

_________________
"Oh well, whatever, nevermind".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vodkasauce



Posts : 20
Join date : 2017-03-18
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:15 am

This is an interesting question. Seeing as the school was supposed to be a bombing, I don't think it would have mattered. In the Basement Tapes, Eric says that IF his friends survived, they could have his things and then Dylan agrees. This always sticks out to me in that, at the end of the day, their friends dying was just something that couldn't be helped. Collateral damage kind of thing.

But had they come face to face with a kid... that's where the intrigue comes in. In my opinion, I'd like to believe that they wouldn't. They'd probably joke like "Why the fuck is there a little kid here?" kind of thing. But it could go either way. They would have killed the child just to make whoever the child was with feel worse or something.

_________________
I want to be free
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 232
Join date : 2016-12-06

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:18 am

I don't understand why this question causes so much emotion. All want to live regardless of age.
No one except Eric and Dylan doesn't know what they were guided in choosing their victims. All we can do is use our imagination, passing through a prism of our perception (moral values, faith, life experience, etc.). I want to say that the correct answer to this question is that they each had their own motivations that no one will ever know. Moreover impulsive actions are often perpetrated by people rapidly and unconsciously (call it subliminal), without long deliberation. If they don't kill the baby, then they don't get better from this. After all, they still kill others.
Again, I don't think that  they would remember their childhood or somehow have to associate themselves with kid. I don't think they ever felt remorse during the shooting, which again does not make them better. This is not what I wanted to say in my previous comments. And the reason I personally believe that they most likely would not shoot in a small child is that I think he would not have caused their aggression. The point is not to somehow humanize their actions, or to present they in the best possible way, but to understand their motives, to try to understand what led them to this moment.

_________________
I just want something I can never have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:05 am

Not gonna try to stand my ground, won't even be worth the argument. I've been here long enough.
Besides everyone else's thoughts would do its job anyway.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
And yea, the film about Rachel I brought up as yet another example where you jumped all over people (just like you did in the thread) for the things they were saying about the film. Constantly butting in to tell people there would be no reviews on the film and it wouldn't have a box office rating and how you were disgusted with the way the boys were portrayed. They were portrayed as what they really were - teenagers who planned an attack on their school and murdered people. And according to you, people were wasting their time even talking about it or watching it. Let people watch it and decide for themselves.

You're always telling people what to do and what to say and then turn around and complain about how you're allowed to state your opinion but when someone else does, they need to "calm down". I'm just wondering what's up with the double standards? I asked you because I want to know not just to disagree with you for the fun of it.

You don't know me either, at all.

I think you just didn't like that I disagreed with someone that backed you up. And, how come you're still thinking about thread so long ago that I barely even remember it? I don't tell people what to do. When I say "calm down", it's suppose to be lighthearted but also to let [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] know that I wouldn't spout some nonsense to the extent that it's a fantasy, cause it offends me that my opinion on a possible flashback or touch of heart that the boys might have in this hypothetical scenario might be impossible. Again, nobody really knows what would happen.

I feel like you're trying to argue something out of nothing. You don't seem to like that I have my opinions or thoughts at all. There are literally others on this thread that think they wouldn't hurt a child either, how come you're not battling with them?

Quote :
What, that since you can "relate" to some teenager who was a murderer who killed himself nearly 20 years ago he can do no wrong and you feel it's necessary to always make him out to sound not as bad as he really was? And what exactly is it you can "relate" to?
Oh wow. a personal attack huh? Apparently no one here is allowed to express that they understood why two suicidal-homicidal teenagers did what they did?

I'm done. I think everyone else here can see what's up.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:15 am

And if there's a problem with me relating to Eric, this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] should be an issue by now.


_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ainjel

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2017-03-30

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:26 pm

I actually believe that they would have shot a child because one of the reasons they wanted to commit this act was to be remembered. I think that had they shot a child, as sick as it may be, they would have, in their eyes, been even more re-memorable. Pointing back to the fact that I believe Jenn made, Eric made prior posts about wanting to bomb neighborhoods and fly into buildings. Each of these places would have children in or around them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sane One



Posts : 114
Join date : 2015-04-29

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:52 pm

As humans, we need to be loved and we need constant human interaction. Lanza had a falling out with his one and only friend months prior and his father didn't honor him taking a full load of classes at the college he wanted to go to because he thought he couldn't handle it so he cut off communication. He never had a strong relationship with his mother as well. There was a change that took place for Adam at Sandy Hook when he was there so that along with the isolation is the reason he chose that school. Shit went down that altered Eric and Dylan's mindset at Columbine along with other issues each had. Same shit with Cho and Virginia Tech.

It's the same shit over and over with these guys. Isolation, anxiety, revenge goals are the main reasons these events happen.

You simply can't cut off human interaction or isolate yourself from the world and expect to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3106
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
And yea, the film about Rachel I brought up as yet another example where you jumped all over people (just like you did in the thread) for the things they were saying about the film. Constantly butting in to tell people there would be no reviews on the film and it wouldn't have a box office rating and how you were disgusted with the way the boys were portrayed. They were portrayed as what they really were - teenagers who planned an attack on their school and murdered people. And according to you, people were wasting their time even talking about it or watching it. Let people watch it and decide for themselves.

You're always telling people what to do and what to say and then turn around and complain about how you're allowed to state your opinion but when someone else does, they need to "calm down". I'm just wondering what's up with the double standards? I asked you because I want to know not just to disagree with you for the fun of it.

You don't know me either, at all.

I think you just didn't like that I disagreed with someone that backed you up. And, how come you're still thinking about thread so long ago that I barely even remember it? I don't tell people what to do. When I say "calm down", it's suppose to be lighthearted but also to let [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] know that I wouldn't spout some nonsense to the extent that it's a fantasy, cause it offends me that my opinion on a possible flashback or touch of heart that the boys might have in this hypothetical scenario might be impossible. Again, nobody really knows what would happen.

I feel like you're trying to argue something out of nothing. You don't seem to like that I have my opinions or thoughts at all. There are literally others on this thread that think they wouldn't hurt a child either, how come you're not battling with them?

Quote :
What, that since you can "relate" to some teenager who was a murderer who killed himself nearly 20 years ago he can do no wrong and you feel it's necessary to always make him out to sound not as bad as he really was? And what exactly is it you can "relate" to?
Oh wow. a personal attack huh? Apparently no one here is allowed to express that they understood why two suicidal-homicidal teenagers did what they did?

I'm done. I think everyone else here can see what's up.
A personal attack? Really? That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it? Me saying that you try to make Eric out to be not as bad as he really was is not a personal attack. Me asking you exactly what it is about a murderer that you can relate to on such a level that you feel the need to constantly defend him and act like he can do no wrong is not a personal attack either. In your own words, I think everyone can see what's going on with that. If you're an Eric fan own it. Don't sit here defending him all the way to next Sunday and back and then say it's a personal attack and get offended when people call you out for it.

For the second time, I've already explained why I brought up the other thread. Because it was just one of the many times you felt the need to butt in and tell people what to do. Again to defend Eric and how he was portrayed. And that's not a personal attack. You did do that. You still do that on a regular basis. It's been pointed out to you many times and not just by me either.

The reason I only said something to you is because you were the only one in this thread who was going to great lengths to try and defend a killer. My entire existence on this forum doesn't revolve around you and what you post. There are a ton of people on this forum I've disagreed with over the last 4 years."Lol" and I have butted heads many times. You've made what? 2,700 posts on this forum. I've openly disagreed with you like 4 times and it's always the same thing - you defending Eric and getting all hot headed when other people state opinions about him that you don't like. Oh and the time you told someone dying of cancer "I'd switch places with you if I could" while you were most likely not dying of some terminal illness that made it hard for you to even breathe. Those are the only times I've publicly disagreed with you.

And in this situation, you are absolutely right, no I do not like nor agree with your opinion that Eric would have only been a monster if he killed a 5 year old. You go ahead and tell that to the families of the 13 innocent people that Eric ruthlessly and viciously bullied and then murdered.

_________________
"Oh well, whatever, nevermind".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The reason I only said something to you is because you were the only one in this thread who was going to great lengths to try and defend a killer. My entire existence on this forum doesn't revolve around you and what you post. There are a ton of people on this forum I've disagreed with over the last 4 years."Lol" and I have butted heads many times. You've made what? 2,700 posts on this forum. I've openly disagreed with you like 4 times and it's always the same thing - you defending Eric and getting all hot headed when other people state opinions about him that you don't like. Oh and the time you told someone dying of cancer "I'd switch places with you if I could" while you were most likely not dying of some terminal illness that made it hard for you to even breathe. Those are the only times I've publicly disagreed with you.

Again, you know nothing about me, and still aggressive and personally attacking me and arguing with me.
"My entire existence on this forum doesn't revolve around you and what you post." Funny cause you're doing it right now? You even remember every word I say to other posters.

Hey If it makes you happy getting the last word then go ahead and do you.

It can't be less than obvious that using Columbine or certain defense of Eric to try to argue with me is at play here. It's almost an empty argument. And trying to undermine any personal issues I have, which I thought I could feel safe enough to open up on this forum. Well I know firstly I won't be doing it on here anymore.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think everyone can see what's going on with that. If you're an Eric fan own it. Don't sit here defending him all the way to next Sunday and back and then say it's a personal attack and get offended when people call you out for it.

When I say everyone can see, I meant how everyone can see how you pick and choose what to argue with me with. And when I said personal attack, honey I meant with how you are at everything I have done here.

Again, your forum and your last words! xoxoxo

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sexysin

avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-03-31
Location : somewhere a lot of fuckers aren't

PostSubject: Re: What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...   Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:45 am

this response was perfect damn

Well obviously you don't "know" me that well. I don't "like" to disagree with you. I disagree with you a lot of the time because a lot of the things you say I just don't agree with and I find it hard to believe you actually believe these things you are saying. Hence why I asked you if you were being serious or not. I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone, not just you, can claim Dylan and Eric weren't monsters because their victims were not young enough. It has nothing to do with me just disagreeing with you for the sake of disagreeing - which is what you just implied.

And yea, the film about Rachel I brought up as yet another example where you jumped all over people (just like you did in the thread) for the things they were saying about the film. Constantly butting in to tell people there would be no reviews on the film and it wouldn't have a box office rating and how you were disgusted with the way the boys were portrayed. They were portrayed as what they really were - teenagers who planned an attack on their school and murdered people. And according to you, people were wasting their time even talking about it or watching it. Let people watch it and decide for themselves.

You're always telling people what to do and what to say and then turn around and complain about how you're allowed to state your opinion but when someone else does, they need to "calm down". I'm just wondering what's up with the double standards? I asked you because I want to know not just to disagree with you for the fun of it.

Why are you allowed your opinion but you argue any time someone brings up an opinion about Eric that makes him out to be what he really was? A murderer. You're Eric biased? What does that even mean? "Eric biased"? What, that since you can "relate" to some teenager who was a murderer who killed himself nearly 20 years ago he can do no wrong and you feel it's necessary to always make him out to sound not as bad as he really was? And what exactly is it you can "relate" to?

And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] made a really good point and I agree with them. Dylan and Eric were going to be dying in less than an hour, I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt that they would sit there and reminisce about their childhood in the middle of mowing down a bunch of kids. Once a murderer gets to the point that Dylan and Eric were at, they aren't gonna take a stroll down memory lane and remember that one time when they were 5 years old and picked sunflowers with their Mother and think "I shouldn't kill this little kid. I have such good memories from that age". No, what Eric was probably thinking was "why didn't my damn bombs go off" or "fuck I broke my nose" or "damn, I couldn't even  get this right. I was a failure all the way up to my death". And I'd be willing to bet he was disappointed as hell, in pain and probably felt the whole thing wasn't even worth it.

I guess I understand that some people like to theorize about what could or couldn't have happened under different circumstances, but I honestly do not see how anyone, not just you, can think it really would have mattered to the killers who ended up dead and what age they were.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
What if a small child happened to be there? How would Eric and Dylan...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Scarlett Vixen & Her Small Herd
» The Small Print ((Open))
» Zack:. -Small body, big heart! (Scroll)
» Death in a small town
» Big and Small - Joy for All!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: