Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What video games?

Go down 
+8
AlteRoad
Sabratha
slippy123
myshame
W.A.R.
TheSpiral
Ainjel
cc99
12 posters
AuthorMessage
cc99

cc99

Contribution Points : 63529
Forum Reputation : 0

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 am

We've all heard the media try to blame video games, and rock for school shootings, but does anyone actually know the library of games Eric, and Dylan had? The most common being doom, but it's most likely they played other games too, but can't find much information on this topic. Please leave source, if it has one.

Last edited by cc99 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ainjel

Ainjel

Contribution Points : 65108

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 3:13 am

Sue Klebold and Brooks Brown both talk about Dylan playing Mortal Kombat. I can't remember which book it is but one of the books talks about Dylan, Brooks Brown, and Brook's brother playing Mortal Kombat where they rip one of the player's spines out and they were all sitting around laughing about it. I think Brooks' mom and Sue were both bothered by this.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 4:40 am

Here is what I remember:
-The Ultimate Doom
-Doom II:Hell on Earth
-Mortal Combat (don't know which one, could have ben the original)
-Ninja Gaiden- Dylan also played this with Brooks when they were kids, Brooks saying that Dylan was a master at it.
-Duke Nukem 3d- Eric mantioned it once in his journal, Brooks also talked about playing it with them.
If they played Duke and Doom, it's very possible they played Wolfenstein 3D as well.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 69573
Forum Reputation : 345

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 5:07 am

Quake was another one that they played.

If you're wanting to play one i recommend Duke Nukem 3D. Its still a pretty dope game.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74219

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 11:14 am

Here's a video game lawsuit from the Sanders' family:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
B. Claim Two for Negligence and Strict Liability

Plaintiffs sue Defendants Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. (Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat II), Activision, Inc. (Wolfenstein, Mech Warrior, Mech Warrior 2, and Nightmare Creatures), Apogee Software, Inc. (Wolfenstein and Doom), Atari Corporation (Doom), Capcom Entertainment, Inc. (Resident Evil), EIDOS Interactive (Final Fantasy), ID Software, Inc. (Quake and Doom), Infogrames, Inc. f/k/a GT Interactive Software Corp. (Doom), Interplay Entertainment Corp., (Redneck Rampage), Midway Home Entertainment (Quake and Doom), Nintendo of America (Nightmare Creatures), Sega of America, Inc. (Quake), Sony Computer Entertainment America (Final Fantasy), Square Soft, Inc. d/b/a Square USA, Inc. (Final Fantasy) and Virgin Entertainment Group, Inc. (Resident Evil) for manufacturing and/or supplying the designated violent video games allegedly frequently played by Harris and Klebold. See Am C/O ¶¶ 20-21.

Not sure which ones the killers actually played.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74219

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 11:20 am

I raise my eyebrow at Final Fantasy. I've never heard that game brought up in reference to Columbine except for this lawsuit.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 104663
Forum Reputation : 1235

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 12:42 pm

I believe Eric played a game called Postal where you just go around killing massive amounts of people.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 4:04 pm

If they played Duke and Doom, then its almost certain they also played Quake at some point.

Though certainly not as often as Doom.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
AlteRoad

AlteRoad

Contribution Points : 64125
Forum Reputation : 43

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 7:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Running with Scissors, the development team behind Postal, were never brought up in the lawsuit made by the plaintiffs against video game publishers & developers. Since the game's publishers weren't either, I'm guessing neither played Postal.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 69573
Forum Reputation : 345

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 2:01 pm

AlteRoad wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Running with Scissors, the development team behind Postal, were never brought up in the lawsuit made by the plaintiffs against video game publishers & developers. Since the game's publishers weren't either, I'm guessing neither played Postal.

It does say Eric played it in Jeff Kass' book...of course Kass/whoever he got it from could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
AlteRoad

AlteRoad

Contribution Points : 64125
Forum Reputation : 43

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 7:43 pm

@W.A.R. Huh. I don't even remember reading that in his book, but that said, it was a few years ago. Eric & Dylan would almost certainly have liked that game, given its gratuitous content, so it's strange no lawsuit was filed against them, given how it was one of the prime examples of "evil video games" for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 8:45 am

AlteRoad wrote:
@W.A.R. Huh. I don't even remember reading that in his book, but that said, it was a few years ago. Eric & Dylan would almost certainly have liked that game, given its gratuitous content, so it's strange no lawsuit was filed against them, given how it was one of the prime examples of "evil video games" for quite a while.

From page 92:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68826
Forum Reputation : 145

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 1:16 am

Warcraft 2, Quake, Quake 2, Redneck Rampage, HeXen, Duke 3D, Star Wars: Jedi Knight are ones I remember them mentioning or  in list of items removed from their houses.
Devon Adams said they played Goldeneye 64 with her and E+D would always lose. Brooks Brown also mentions playing Mortal Kombat and a video of Dylan, Brooks and Zach playing Soulcalibur in the Columbine: Lost Boys docu.
Back to top Go down
jodie-b

Contribution Points : 64250

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 6:24 pm

I believe I read somewhere about one of them (or both) playing Wolfenstein? I'm guessing it would be Wolfenstein 3D
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68826
Forum Reputation : 145

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 5:56 pm

jodie-b wrote:
I believe I read somewhere about one of them (or both) playing Wolfenstein? I'm guessing it would be Wolfenstein 3D
footage is shown on the CBS news when they are discussing games the TCM group played.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 am

Sabratha wrote:
If they played Duke and Doom, then its almost certain they also played Quake at some point.

Though certainly not as often as Doom.
I've heard Eric had a Quake team/clan called "RC Rebels" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What video games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games?   What video games? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What video games?
Page 1 of 1