Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 59454

PostSubject: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:16 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 46204

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:20 pm

There's always been a lot of talk about how obsessive the writings of Eric and Dylan are, but Rachel's writings aren't much better. She's so fixated on God, how did this girl find time for anything else? Did she ever talk about anything else? I can't imagine her having many friends if every other word out of her mouth was 'God'.

slippy123

Contribution Points : 26572

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:58 am

I find it nothing but a coincidence that Rachel wrote about dying and 1999 being her "last year". The 13 teardrops while interesting is nothing more than a coincidence. Rachel's parents took her writings and twisted them into this whole "she saw the future" type of thing and tried turning her into a martyr. Rachel seemed like a very good person but I believe she was conflicted in some of her beliefs. It seems like from a very young age she was sort of brainwashed into the whole God thing. I just get the feeling that some of it was forced, although I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Agreed, you are correct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 15137

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:15 pm

There is an excerpt from Lauren's journal on her memorial plaque that talks about Jesus and dying too. All the plaques except for Dan R, Corey, Kelly, Mr. Sanders and I think Dan Mausers are very religious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lavenderloom

Contribution Points : 4427

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:42 pm

This is a cool drawing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There is an excerpt from Lauren's journal on her memorial plaque that talks about Jesus and dying too. All the plaques except for Dan R, Corey, Kelly, Mr. Sanders and I think Dan Mausers are very religious.

It's pretty normal to think about death when your younger, it's almost taboo. I thought about dying when I was a teen and if I did I hope it was in a blaze of glory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuga

Contribution Points : 10249

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:33 pm

I find it nothing but a coincidence that Rachel wrote about dying and 1999 being her "last year". The 13 teardrops while interesting is nothing more than a coincidence. Rachel's parents took her writings and twisted them into this whole "she saw the future" type of thing and tried turning her into a martyr. Rachel seemed like a very good person but I believe she was conflicted in some of her beliefs. It seems like from a very young age she was sort of brainwashed into the whole God thing. I just get the feeling that some of it was forced, although I could be wrong.  
The ''last year'' journal entry is dated May 2, 1998. Obviously 1998 wasn't her last year. She wrote this when she was 16, but her 16th year wasn't her last year either, she turned 17 before the shooting. The only interpretation where this is a last year prophecy turned true is the one where the deadline is one year from writing that, and indeed she did not live to see May 2, 1999. As for her religious views, I think she was bona fide religious, she chose to be baptized in Louisiana after having some spiritual experience or something IIRC but I also think she found religion to be constricting and suffocating for her chirpy personality at times. When you mention brainwashing, I can't help but think that Cassie Bernall on the other hand was sort of brainwashed at some Christian camp due to her fondness for all sorts of things considered dark stuff by Christians.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:51 pm

The ''last year'' journal entry is dated May 2, 1998. Obviously 1998 wasn't her last year. She wrote this when she was 16, but her 16th year wasn't her last year either, she turned 17 before the shooting. The only interpretation where this is a last year prophecy turned true is the one where the deadline is one year from writing that, and indeed she did not live to see May 2, 1999. As for her religious views, I think she was bona fide religious, she chose to be baptized in Louisiana after having some spiritual experience or something IIRC but I also think she found religion to be constricting and suffocating for her chirpy personality at times. When you mention brainwashing, I can't help but think that Cassie Bernall on the other hand was sort of brainwashed at some Christian camp due to her fondness for all sorts of things considered dark stuff by Christians.

Regardless you get my point. Just the fact that their family still openly says the whole "Eric grabbed Rachel by the hair and said "Go be with God" then shot her execution style shows they are still living in their own world. They will skew the facts to make her look like this martyr. They've been told many times that nothing of the sort happened. Nothing against Rachel but I can see where the "brainwashing" comes from. I believe there was something posted about her saying she wanted to drink or party like her friends but her parents put it into her mind that she would be a bad person or something along those lines. I completely agree with Cassie though. From reading about her it sounds like she was a little screwy in the head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

Contribution Points : 12347

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Rachel didn't even have hair long enough to grab on 4/20. She had just cut it really short for a part in a play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Rachel didn't even have hair long enough to grab on 4/20. She had just cut it really short for a part in a play.

exactly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mattskilletguy

Contribution Points : 3511

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:57 pm

I love how close she was with God. I wish I could have known her confused

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Contribution Points : 8375

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 pm

This is a cool drawing!

that symbol in the upper middle looks like dylans earring
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love

Contribution Points : 13920

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:15 pm

This is a cool drawing!
What is depicted in this picture? scratch Can someone explain to me? Why does she paint this rose so often?

Tuga

Contribution Points : 10249

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think Rachel was into symbolism and red roses symbolize many things. In Christianity specifically, they represent the Virgin Mary, this is how rosaries came to be. But the much more common symbolism is the one of love and passion. They also represent hope and new beginnings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sadboyzzzzzzz

Contribution Points : 3182

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:53 pm

I'm new to the forum. Just asking ab Rachel, is SHE the one who was asked about God? Or was it Cassie? or both?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 15137

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:28 pm

I'm new to the forum. Just asking ab Rachel, is SHE the one who was asked about God? Or was it Cassie? or both?

It was Valeen Schnurr and she's alive and hopefully well and kicking ass.

Rachel being asked if she believed in God was debunked I believe through ballistics. She wasn't shot that close in range. Also Richard Castaldo (sp) changed his story several times. Dylan also knew Rachel casually but they were never in any classes together. They shared a good friend, Devon and were involved in a few theatre productions together, notably Smoke in the Room which Rachel starred in (and cut her hair for "I'm Not Ashamed" I don't care if it was nearly 20 years ago you HAVE PICTURES) Dylan did lights.

Craig Scott, Rachel's brother was in the library and thought it was Cassie who was asked about God, but the investigators saw holes in his story and realized he was mistaken. Before Cassie died Eric knocked on the table 3 times and said "peek a boo' and shot her Sad

The God exchange was between Val and Dylan who knew each other casually through class. There is an extended 911 call where you hear Val screaming for Lauren and Dylan yelling at Val to shut the eff up. Val keeps yelling "oh my god" etc and Dylan asks why she believes in God and Val says because that is how she was brought up. Dylan goes "God is gay" and stops attacking the table.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Love

Contribution Points : 13920

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think Rachel was into symbolism and red roses symbolize many things. In Christianity specifically, they represent the Virgin Mary, this is how rosaries came to be. But the much more common symbolism is the one of love and passion. They also represent hope and new beginnings.
Maybe she painted something like that?
Here she draws a ring in the form of a rose, which wraps her heart and hurts it with thorns. Apparently it symbolizes some spiritual or love wounds ...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)   

Back to top Go down

Rachel's Journals (from what has been publicly released)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Documents, evidence, and videos-
Jump to: